Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,064 members, 7,863,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:29 AM

Man Died In Police Custody Two Days After Been Arrested By His Estranged Wife - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Died In Police Custody Two Days After Been Arrested By His Estranged Wife (604 Views)

Georgia Man Brags About Infecting His Estranged Girlfriend With HIV (Video) / Father Of Man Beaten Up For Sleeping With Policeman's Estranged Wife Dies / This Man Died Inside A Taxi In Ilorin This Morning, Let's Always Prepare (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Died In Police Custody Two Days After Been Arrested By His Estranged Wife by flexflex: 3:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
Man Died In Police Custody Two Days After Been Arrested By His Estranged Wife. Read more at: http://doyennaija..com.ng/2016/06/man-died-in-police-custody-two-days.html?m=1

According to a report by Channels TV Benin City, one Mr Sunday Iheme of Erodrum Close, Ekenwen Road Area of Benin City was allegedly arrested by the police after his estranged wife reported him for malicious damage.

However, the man who was said to be a bus driver died after been detained and tortured by the police for two days.

The police later called one of the deceased brothers, Chidi Iheme to inform him that his brother died at the hospital after finding it difficult to breath.

According to Chidi Iheme, him rushed down to the hospital with his other brother and was told by a doctor their brother was brought in by the police with the claim that he was having difficulties with breathing and before they could revived him, he died. 

However, the brothers are of the notion that their brother was beaten and tortured to death by the police and when they discovered he couldn't breathe anymore, they rushed him to the hospital where he finally died.

August Iheme, another brother to the deceased told Channels TV that their brother was never sick or having any health issue before his arrest. "When i saw my brother's dead body, there was mark on his forehead and wounds on his back and chest which is an evidence that he was brutally beaten to death by the police". August Iheme said

Chidi alleged that the DPO who was present at the time of the incident was immediately transferred after the incident, though the Police Spokeman denied the allegation claiming that the said DPO has already gotten his Letter of Transfer before the incident but however promised that the state commissioner of police will look into the case.

Effort to reach the estranged wife proved abortive as she was nowhere to be found.
Re: Man Died In Police Custody Two Days After Been Arrested By His Estranged Wife by andyanders: 3:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
That is it. They should be held responsible, tried and convicted for such crime.

(1) (Reply)

I Didn’t Kill My Friend, He Stabbed Himself – Suspect / The Repy I Sent To A Fraudster / Photos: Face Of One-Chance Robbery Gang Member Who Steals ATM From Bus Passenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.