Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,387 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) (44000 Views)

Husbands Cooks For His Pregnant Wife, Feeds & Pampers Her In Warri (Photos) / My Pregnant Wife Now Hates Me! Please Help!!! / Man Who Smokes Weed With His Wife & Daughter Beats Them For Having Sex With Same (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by Islie: 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
Afeez Hanafi and Olaleye Aluko
A family of three has been found dead inside their mini flat on Church Street, Lagos Island, after allegedly inhaling some chemical substance.

Who sprayed the chemical into the apartment had been a thing of concern to the victims’ family members and residents of the area.

The deceased are 30-year-old Ibrahim Yusuf, a tricycle rider; his wife, Saidat; and their five-year-old daughter, Rodiat.

PUNCH Metro learnt that neighbours had heard a scream from the victims’ apartment in the early hours of Monday which they ignored, thinking it was a sign of disagreement between the couple.

At about 2pm, Ibrahim’s friend, Quadri Aderibigbe, who lives on Freeman Street, said he became worried when he did not see him.

He said, “Usually by 7am he should be at the park. When it was 9am and I did not see him, I sent a boy to check on him. The boy came back and said he knocked on his door but didn’t get any response. When it was 2pm, I went to see his mother if she had seen him, she said no.

“We decided to go to his house. As we got there, we heard a faint voice from inside, but the door was locked. We forcefully entered through the window and met Ibrahim and Rodiat dead. Saidat was still breathing. There was no food around them to suggest they took a poison.”

Aderibigbe said Saidat was rushed to a private hospital, from where they were referred to the Lagos Island General Hospital, which pronounced her dead on arrival. He added that they had been buried according to Islamic rites.

“We later went back to the apartment and smelled some chemical, which suggested that the room had been sprayed with chemicals. But who sprayed the chemicals into the apartment is our concern now. The three of them have been buried.

“We reported the incident at the Adeniji Adele Police Station. A policeman who came to inspect the house said they were likely killed by generator fumes. However, the exhaust of the generator pointed outside the apartment,” he added.

Saidat’s father, Biliaminu Sodeinde, who resides in Idumota, said he was in the office when his wife alerted him to the incident.
“I rushed to their (the deceased’s) house and met the husband dead. Rodiat was taken to the Mercy Hospital, but she did not make it either,” he said.

Sodeinde’s father, Chief Lateef Olohunje, said he wanted Saidat’s corpse exhumed and a postmortem conducted on it to ascertain the cause of the death.

A friend of Saidat, who identified herself only as Bilkis, said, “I don’t believe the deaths are natural. An autopsy should be carried out to ascertain the causes of the deaths.”

A neighbour of the deceased, who did not want his name in print, said he was surprised by the deaths, adding that some co-tenants claimed to have heard shouts from their apartment.

He said, “Some of our neighbours said they heard screams from their room, but thought it was a fight. If I heard, I would have come out and checked on them because I have never heard them fight before.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident. She added that the police had commenced investigation into the case.

She said, “The matter was reported to the police on Tuesday. Although the corpses have been buried, the police are still investigating the matter. As the case progresses, we will brief you.”

http://www.punchng.com/man-pregnant-wife-daughter-suffocate-apartment/

Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by Twaci(f): 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
angry
They buried them like that?!

Autopsies should be carried out on the bodies to find out the cause of death! Nigerians sef! Na air them go smell know wetin kill them?

Which chemical was sprayed? How did they know? Who attested to it? Proper investigations should be carried out jaare!

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by Cutehector(m): 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
It cant be generator fumes since the exhaust was facing outside the house...
Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by Omotayor123(f): 5:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
As sad as it is, I believe there's more to their death. They shouldn't have been buried like that.

When will Nigerian police learn embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by floragregs(f): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
Even too much sniper can choke someone too. No autopsy? Na wa for naija

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by Tonnierichy(m): 7:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
Huh. Sad
Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by Lilprincey(m): 7:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
I wish ah could really read good news anytime i log in to Nairaland. Can sum1 tell me wats happening? The rate of mortality these days is alarming...

R.i.p to all the deceased..

5 Likes

Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by Endougs(m): 7:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
Rip to the dead.
Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by maxwell767(m): 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
shocked my their soul R.I.P
Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by SincereBigot: 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2016

1 Like

Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by Segadem(m): 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
This is well planned assassination work,
Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
How will the autopsy be performed when they have already been hurriedly buried?

People need to make exceptions for these things sometimes abeg, I don't think anything is wrong with Islamic burial rites but in a situation like this where there is suspicion that the people were killed, they should allow a few days before burial so they can perform autopsy and catch the killer (if they were killed).

7 Likes

Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by RichDad1(m): 7:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
gawd!!! sad sad sad sad cry cry cry cry
Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by jojothaiv(m): 7:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
Rest In Peace...
Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by bishop4life(m): 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
Twaci:
angry
They buried them like that?!

Autopsies should be carried out on the bodies to find out the cause of death! Nigerians sef! Na air them go smell know wetin kill them?

Which chemical was sprayed? How did they know? Who attested to it? Proper investigations should be carried out jaare!

Islam is indirectly against autopsy as Moslems are buried within 24hrs. between good autopsy in Nigeria is still rocket science

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by Deejavuu(f): 8:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
Buried like that sad

No autopsy, nothing. Naija tho cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by ijustdey: 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
there is more to this than the eyes can see.....

how could a whole family be wasted just like that

4 Likes

Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by priscaoge(f): 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
This is heartbreaking cry cry Sometimes u don't really have to mind Ur business, had been the so called neighbors that heard them shouting went to check on them, this would have been averted. angry angry angry.... They don't usually fight, more reason why they would have checked angry angry They should exhume their bodies n carry out autopsy mbok angry angry May God rest Ur souls.

9 Likes

Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by englishmart(m): 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2016
what us this again?
Buhari stop na

2 Likes

Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by olanikeh: 8:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
This looks suspicious, and everyone surrounding them is a suspect.
Police should carry out a thorough investigation about it.

Innah Lilahi Wa'Innah lilaeh Rajiun!
Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
floragregs:
Even too much sniper can choke someone too. No autopsy? Na wa for naija

they are Muslims. according to Islamic rites, dead persons get buried that night or early morning next day.
Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by lammy17(f): 8:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sad........RIP
Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by LastSurvivor: 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sad I must say..
Really sad..
God bringeth God taketh..
Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by queensnow: 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
RIP Ibro and family i was so heavy wen I heard don't know if I shd cry it was so sudden and unexpected ... God bless their soul God know best
Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by babajay69: 8:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
Cutehector:
It cant be generator fumes since the exhaust was facing outside the house...
If breeze blows the fumes towards the house then it doesn't matter where the exhaust faces.
It is very dangerous to sleep with the generator on.
Re: Man, Pregnant Wife, Daughter Suffocate In Apartment (photo) by Cutehector(m): 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
babajay69:

If breeze blows the fumes towards the house then it doesn't matter where the exhaust faces.
It is very dangerous to sleep with the generator on.
there is nothing like if breeze blows... the concentration of air to the carbon monoxide is very high at dat time.. didnt u study diffusion and osmosis

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Brief Recall of How My Wife Fed Me This Year, 2021. / "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady / 10 Family Members Locked In Cage In Bayelsa Over Land Dispute (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.