Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? (759 Views)

God! Muslims Are So Brainwashed! / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / The Brainwashed Evangelical Christians & The Scandal Of Their Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by Niseed(m): 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2009
Im shocked at the extent that most people would go to defend their spiritual leaders even if the truth is staring them in the face.
I used to be a keen churchgoer but lost all faith in the institution after a bad experience i had.
If a leader is blatantly lining his own jacket with the congregations money, why do people find it hard to speak up

i was a member of a church where the pastor was banged up for rape and fraud-i even saw the guy committing his evil acts when i was at a cinema with a lady and LO & BEHOLD!!! who do i see trying to mack and tap current?? good ol pastor randy. P.S my church had a direct debit tithing system whereby money was deducted from your account regardless of whether you had the money or not. its common place now in most churches but when my church started it only utility companies like T-mobile, British gas, BT etc used direct debit hmmm (ahead of its time).
that said his business continued to flourish under new management (his wife). Got re-branded (new name), new location and registered itself as a non-charity organisation (if thats not a business i don't know what is)

when churches glamorize everything thats bad in this world is something not wrong they turn away the poor to make room for the rich.
can a beggar sit in a church with all these crooks that patronize their business

why so many excuses? are you that far gone you cant even reason or see the truth again.

i get tired of that infallible excuse christians give when they are challenged with the truth "touch not my appointed" and "i am not giving the money to the pastor i am giving it to God" really

my sister was giving £1000 to a god while her pastor drove a porche grin she could'nt even pay for her yearly train ticket without complaining but could see no wrong in the pastor. Even when the alledged rape and fraud case was ongoing members of the church called the girls liars and were quick to dismiss their claims and Even though they saw the accounts for the church detailing debts of over £200,000 they still could not find anything wrong- "surely it can't be the pastor the pastor who just bought a flashy new car and lives in a £1.8million pound house, it could'nt be him".

In Nigeria when we do things we do it big-so i can only imagine what these people in robes are getting away with.

p.s i am not an athiest,neither do i claim to have an extensive knowledge of the good book-but i do know when the wool is being pulled over eyes. I see why guys like Tudor,huxley,abuzola and quite a few are frustrated by the ignorance of many and rationale thinking of a few. the man behind the pulpit is incapable of stealing and crime-really??

holier than thou Rebuttal in 5,4,3,2,1

TRUE STORY 21-07-09

i drove my car from ikeja to ikoyi with an empty tank of gas-miracle

hot water came out of my cold taps on the same day- i can't explain it, is it a sign?? should i just start my own church
Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by manmustwac(m): 7:44pm On Aug 24, 2009
when i read the way some people defend pastor G.O. who bought a jet with the congregations money {and is doing nothing to help the poor} to say i bow is an understatement. Yes o they're been brainwashed.
Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by Tudor6(f): 12:53am On Aug 25, 2009
The thing tire me sef.
Even some morons who I went to school with are threatening me on YIM saying I have the guts to insult papa "god's servant". . . .na wa oo
Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by manmustwac(m): 1:01am On Aug 25, 2009
@tudor
another thing i've noticed is that christian apologists will always steer clear of threads like this. I gues its coz it may force them to question thier faith.
Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by JPot: 8:14am On Aug 25, 2009
Yo I'm an apologist, a crazy one at that. And I agree. I've seen multiple threads here on Nairaland forum of people complaining about the outright, filthy, disrespectful robbing that is going on in churches in Nigeria.

I applaud you for your honesty, and recommend that you find a church where robbers are not exalted. Religion has been and always will be an over-abundant source of money (look at the Catholic Pope if you don't believe me). This happens mainly since pastors act as psychologists rather than the apostles they are called to be. They enter the business seeking money and fame, instead of seeking God.

Few churches remain where truth is preached, rather than entertainment. Few churches remain where spirit is discerned from carnal emotions. Few churches remain where pastors minister to God, rather than to themselves. But we few churches stand. We stand and await His coming.

Please come Jesus, take us out of this deceived and dirty pit.
Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by huxley(m): 8:27am On Aug 25, 2009
Venality in the Christian church, dating back to the days of Peter, when He caused the death of a man and his wife for not declaring in full the amount received from the sale of their land.  If today's pastors had their way, they too would send their congregation to their graves if they did not pay their tithes.
Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by JPot: 8:32am On Aug 25, 2009
Make note of the fact that it was Peter not Paul who killed the two persons.

Also make note that Peter and Paul died in humility not in a comfy gold-covered grave.

The money they made was distributed to widows and people in need. Just in case you didn't know that.
Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by huxley(m): 8:36am On Aug 25, 2009
JPot:

Make note of the fact that it was Peter not Paul who killed the two persons.

Also make note that [b]Peter and Paul [/b]died in humility not in a comfy gold-covered grave.

The money they made was distributed to widows and people in need. Just in case you didn't know that.

Thanks for the correction - I got the names mixed up. But was it greater good to kill two people for the sake of the widows and the needy? Is it an example that should be followed by today's ministers of god?
Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by JPot: 8:42am On Aug 25, 2009
Jesus never killed a man, he only healed people. So no, I think that Peter was being over-zealous at that point. Peter also cut off the ear of the high priest's assistant while in the Garden of Gethsemane.

Some people think that the apostles were perfect people, which they obviously weren't. Peter, just like us, was still maturing in faith.

In any case I'm not one to judge. God judges from above.
Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by huxley(m): 8:50am On Aug 25, 2009
JPot:

Jesus never killed a man, he only healed people. So no, I think that Peter was being over-zealous at that point. Peter also cut off the ear of the high priest's assistant while in the Garden of Gethsemane.

Some people think that the apostles were perfect people, which they obviously weren't. Peter, just like us, was still maturing in faith.

In any case I'm not one to judge. God judges from above.

As far as I know, Peter did not personally kill these people with his hands. They were killed by the Holy Spirit - is the holy spirit not Jesus?
Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by JPot: 9:06am On Aug 25, 2009
As far as I know, had Peter not accused Ananias and his wife of lying they wouldn't have died. Had Jesus not touched or spoken people wouldn't have been healed.

I really don't know what the "right" decision was in Peter's situation. I kneel towards the side that murder is a last-option not a first-resort.

The Holy Spirit did "kill" Ananias and Sapphira at Peter's words, just as he did create the world at God's bidding. I won't resent that. Neither do I resent the fact that Father (who killed people) Jesus (who healed people) and the Holy Spirit (who did both) are part of one God Head.

I'm leaving God to judge whether or not Peter's vigorous move was acceptable or not.
Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by Niseed(m): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2009
Tudór:

The thing tire me sef.
Even some morons who I went to school with are threatening me on YIM saying I have the guts to insult papa "god's servant". . . .na wa oo

i've read some outlandish excuses on nairaland in regards to the G.Os' private jet. e.g he needs it, is it your money etchow can you say someone really needs a private jet?? he wants to save the world when his own backyard is in turmoil.

Now, many can justify the purchase of the jet (i am yet to be convinced) but have they lost the plot to the extent that they have forgotten who it is they are meant to glorify-God or daddy?? money or enlightenment

the cost of the jet and "most expensive auditorium in the world" is a definate moot point
Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by richjohn1(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2009
One day these 'men of gawd' will kill somebody and people will defend them write it in your diaries sad
Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by jagunlabi(m): 2:14pm On Aug 25, 2009
The method of contrast worked on you.It woke you up from your slumber.That is the primary task of these socalled pastors,to wake people up by doing the exact opposite of what they are supposed to represent,even if they don't know it.So in that effect,one could say that the universal consciousness is using them to move religious people up on the scale of spiritual evolution by freeing them of the religious veil their inner eyes have been covered with all this time.This veil has kept them and still keep them in the basement of that spiritual evolution scale.
See now that you have woken up and moved up that scale.The veil has been lifted from your eyes and you can now perceive this reality with a lot more clarity than you use to have.More and more people are definitely going to be woken up by the actions of these "hardworking" pastors while others will sleep a bit longer.
So it is all for the greater good of mankind,in my view.
Niseed:

Im shocked at the extent that most people would go to defend their spiritual leaders even if the truth is staring them in the face.
I used to be a keen churchgoer but lost all faith in the institution after a bad experience i had.
If a leader is blatantly lining his own jacket with the congregations money, why do people find it hard to speak up

Re: Excuses Made For The Man Of The Cloth-are We Being Brainwashed? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2009
@rich_john
Rev king already murdered a member of his church and his church members are still idolizing even though he has been convicted for murder.

(1) (Reply)

Lesson For Dads (and Mums) / Us Visa Package / Prayers For My President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.