Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy (1516 Views)

Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / How A Facebook User Was Scammed Of #1000 At Victoria Island (must Read) / Defrauded At An ATM Stand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by emmyhumble(m): 2:05am On Jun 02, 2016
I am writing this so other people don't fall victims of this silly mistake i made..

It all happened three days ago, I went to the ATM to transfer my school fees from first bank to my Ecobank to be able to pay the fee online through my eco bank master debit card since my first bank verve debit card is not doing online payment.

On getting to the ATM after a try, the ATM wasn't working so i deceded to allow other people on the queue to do their own transactions before i would continue instead of wasting all their time( mistake number one embarassed).

Whereas a youngman on my back was watching all i was doing and he quickly approached me and said" no be transfer you won do? Why you come cancel am wen you never finish "? I was like it wasn't working and i don't want to keep people waiting and that once everyone is through from the queue i will try it again and he said okay no problem that i should not worry it will work that as a matter of fact he was there to do transfer too.

(Mistake number two embarassed embarassed)

He then said " kai all this bank with there usual network wahala.. Na that bank wey dey there i dey come from pointing at another ATM stand by the road side but no network there " and i was like i went there too but did not work out and he said which bank ATM is that let me see and i sheepilishly and mumurishly gave him to see( in fact that was the biggest mistake i made...NEVER GIVE OUT your card to a stranger) And in not more than 10 seconds he gave me back the "CARD"

(Mistake number three embarassed embarassed embarassed which distroyed me totally)

It was then his turn to use the ATM..he called me to slot in my card let him help me( the thing come the do me like magic, in my mind i was like na me person won help me do transfer like say i no sabi am? Something wey i the do almost all the time? Oya na make i see the magic wey him won use for the ATM wey me no sabi!) I slot in my card as i was about entering my pin he was looking away so i enter my Pin and pressed quickteller then transfer before i knew what was happening he pressed cancel and my card came out and i was like why did he do that and he said "we pressed wrong option" that i should enter my pin again let's try it and this time i could swear that he saw my pin which i knew but still in my thought i was like even if he knew my pin he will never be in position of my ATM anyways so he doesn't matter. So after i tried it again and enter all the necessary options i was told to renter passward that the first pasward was wrong of which i did and it was not accepted and my card came out and the guy said network issue again...so i told the guy thank you, and don't worry i will do it tomorrow i want to start going back to school now because i actually came out of school compound to use ATM because all the ATM in the school was down on that day so i left the guy there

Fast forward to an hour 30 minutes i received an alert of cash withdrawer of N20,000 and I was like shocked and another and another and another (80,000) and another for 500..the today money in the account was N81,000 for my school fees and house rent and the guy withdrew N80,500.

I went to the bank the next day though i knew the money was already gone but just wanted to here from them and they said the ATM i came with is not even my ATM that the guy must have swap my ATM....Kai...

I felt like committing suicide i was confused and depressed because i know this academic session is over for me like I am finished because I know how i suffer before getting that money after many work that even made me resumed school late now it gone.. But then i looked up in the sky and said Oh GOD you have the answers to everything...and i went to my room and sleeeeeeeepppppppppptttt.....

Abeg make una forgive me for wrong spelling and usage of English and all ....I never recover finish and i just wanted to pass this info it might be of help to someone like me out there... You don't need to learn through the hard way like me for i have already paid the price...
Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by emmysexxy(f): 2:14am On Jun 02, 2016
sorry o
Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by aldrick: 2:39am On Jun 02, 2016
My brother we need to diversify our economy
Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by kaffy4tope(m): 3:32am On Jun 02, 2016
Really? Did you now check the card he gave you when your bank said the card had been swapped?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by Princepoint(m): 3:41am On Jun 02, 2016
atm theft re u a learner ?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by akashi01(m): 4:28am On Jun 02, 2016
Hahaha dem swap your card and you didn't notice?

All his acts should have alert your senses.

Sorry sha. 80K no be beans o. That's like 3 basket of tomatoes.

Usermame: Lalasticlala

Password: Snake,Big snake,Fish, Big fish,Caught,scam,Celebrity.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by charijee(f): 6:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Be alert on ATM queues...no talking to strangers....better still, form deaf and dumb

Op, sorry o...one mistake you would have clearly avoided

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by Chillext(m): 6:55am On Jun 02, 2016
you deserve konk!
Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by peeparty(m): 7:10am On Jun 02, 2016
With all the stories you have heard and read.. I don't think you should still be that dumb to fall prey to some of this tactics...

You loose guide wella.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by emmyhumble(m): 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
kaffy4tope:
Really? Did you now check the card he gave you when your bank said the card had been swapped?

Of course i checked it but then first bank did not write names on their ATM cards ( the new ones)
Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by emmyhumble(m): 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
charijee:
Be alert on ATM queues...no talking to strangers....better still, form deaf and dumb

Op, sorry o...one mistake you would have clearly avoided

Thank you dear
Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by kaffy4tope(m): 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2016
emmyhumble:

Of course i checked it but then first bank did not write names on their ATM cards ( the new ones)

Then trace him using the info on the card.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by yommyuk: 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
kaffy4tope:

Then trace him using the info on the card.

Waste of time. The guy would have dropped the ATM card by now. Unless there is still cash in the account. Even that, with Nigeria scenario on ground, to catch d guy na lottery ticket.

OP, count your losses, move on and learn.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by Booty4me: 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
What a heist from that Nigga .. But op u dull like kilode .. how can u fall for such .. Your mumu no get part 2. Bring your head make I konk am

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by God2man(m): 6:07pm On Jun 02, 2016
emmyhumble:
I am writing this so other people don't fall victims of this silly mistake i made..

It all happened three days ago, I went to the ATM to transfer my school fees from first bank to my Ecobank to be able to pay the fee online through my eco bank master debit card since my first bank verve debit card is not doing online payment.

On getting to the ATM after a try, the ATM wasn't working so i deceded to allow other people on the queue to do their own transactions before i would continue instead of wasting all their time( mistake number one embarassed).

Whereas a youngman on my back was watching all i was doing and he quickly approached me and said" no be transfer you won do? Why you come cancel am wen you never finish "? I was like it wasn't working and i don't want to keep people waiting and that once everyone is through from the queue i will try it again and he said okay no problem that i should not worry it will work that as a matter of fact he was there to do transfer too.

(Mistake number two embarassed embarassed)

He then said " kai all this bank with there usual network wahala.. Na that bank wey dey there i dey come from pointing at another ATM stand by the road side but no network there " and i was like i went there too but did not work out and he said which bank ATM is that let me see and i sheepilishly and mumurishly gave him to see( in fact that was the biggest mistake i made...NEVER GIVE OUT your card to a stranger) And in not more than 10 seconds he gave me back the "CARD"

(Mistake number three embarassed embarassed embarassed which distroyed me totally)

It was then his turn to use the ATM..he called me to slot in my card let him help me( the thing come the do me like magic, in my mind i was like na me person won help me do transfer like say i no sabi am? Something wey i the do almost all the time? Oya na make i see the magic wey him won use for the ATM wey me no sabi!) I slot in my card as i was about entering my pin he was looking away so i enter my Pin and pressed quickteller then transfer before i knew what was happening he pressed cancel and my card came out and i was like why did he do that and he said "we pressed wrong option" that i should enter my pin again let's try it and this time i could swear that he saw my pin which i knew but still in my thought i was like even if he knew my pin he will never be in position of my ATM anyways so he doesn't matter. So after i tried it again and enter all the necessary options i was told to renter passward that the first pasward was wrong of which i did and it was not accepted and my card came out and the guy said network issue again...so i told the guy thank you, and don't worry i will do it tomorrow i want to start going back to school now because i actually came out of school compound to use ATM because all the ATM in the school was down on that day so i left the guy there

Fast forward to an hour 30 minutes i received an alert of cash withdrawer of N20,000 and I was like shocked and another and another and another (80,000) and another for 500..the today money in the account was N81,000 for my school fees and house rent and the guy withdrew N80,500.

I went to the bank the next day though i knew the money was already gone but just wanted to here from them and they said the ATM i came with is not even my ATM that the guy must have swap my ATM....Kai...

I felt like committing suicide i was confused and depressed because i know this academic session is over for me like I am finished because I know how i suffer before getting that money after many work that even made me resumed school late now it gone.. But then i looked up in the sky and said Oh GOD you have the answers to everything...and i went to my room and sleeeeeeeepppppppppptttt.....

Abeg make una forgive me for wrong spelling and usage of English and all ....I never recover finish and i just wanted to pass this info it might be of help to someone like me out there... You don't need to learn through the hard way like me for i have already paid the price...

This is terrible. God will expose these fraudsters one day. The case is becoming rampant.

Warning! Do not allow strangers to assist you on the ATM.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by Tobyshegz(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
This one is drunk ooo!

Re: How I Got Scammed Of N80,500 Via The ATM Stand By A Guy by VaginaTerrorist(m): 8:51am On Jun 03, 2016
In this Hardtimes of Bugahry that you are to constantly keep your atm inside your innermost pant. Na so you come dey flip am like wettin no get value. Well, sorry shaa...

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Academy Cadets Visits Orphanage / Fake Military Base Discovered In Benue State / Female Dog Tied Up And Gang Raped By Group Of Men In SA Gradually Recovering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.