Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch (27463 Views)

Charles Kie Resigns As Ecobank Nigeria's CEO / Imo Sacks 1,400 LG Workers / EcoBank Sacks 50 Top Managers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by chukwukadibia10: 6:54am On Jun 02, 2016
Chai!

Is a pity, but am liking it.

God will help the 5% out there cos they are suffering for the sins of the 97%.

But self employment rocks.

4 Likes

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by onatisi(m): 6:54am On Jun 02, 2016
madridguy:
This is getting hotter day by day.
It is not even hot yet,just wait till state governments start their own then ppl will realize how true our predictions about buhari was

7 Likes

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Orikinla(m): 6:55am On Jun 02, 2016
The Nigerian economy is not why a couple of banks are sacking hundreds of workers, but redundancy.

Digital technology has revolutionized modern banking operations and left many of the workers redundant. I hardly go to the banking halls, because I use my mobile phone to do several bank transactions and use the nearest ATM for cash withdrawal. So, banks don't need to employ many people again.

3 Likes

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 02, 2016
Bisjosh:
Bank job na Job? undecided

Banks are not the only ones downsizing. Oil companies are also downsizing.

The economy is so bad and this government is clueless as to how to go about it.

Now where are those APC apologists (modath,dropshot,omenka) ? You won't see them on this thread. When they see saraki,they will start their singing .

Anyone who has anything contrary to what they say is banned. Thanks to their guy,mynd44.

Mynd44, you banned me for doing absolutely nothing then accused me of having multiple accounts. Any proof of that?

Cc seun

3 Likes

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by tulipsmadra: 6:57am On Jun 02, 2016
Manueleee:
Some outcast will still be saying that PMB is trying.
Why won't they, when they are waiting for their ₦5000.

4 Likes

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by amclimax(m): 6:57am On Jun 02, 2016
If I survives this buhari regime.... Hell go be small thing wey I dey

6 Likes

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by pedrilo: 6:58am On Jun 02, 2016
E don red
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 02, 2016
tulipsmadra:

Why won't they, when they are waiting for their ₦5000.
They will keep on waitin just as Arsenal fans are waitin 4 UCL from season to season. Dats hw d wil waitin 4rm yr to yr.

2 Likes

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by absoluteSuccess: 7:02am On Jun 02, 2016
As the new month begins, may there be a new beginning of long deserved blessings in your life.

May this season of midyear division put division between you and sorrows from any facet of life.

As the year spins on to the end, may there be end to struggle and any form of pains in all your households.

There will be showers of blessings and you will be soaked with testimonies and miracles this remaining part of the year.

There will be lifting up in your tabernacle and the glory of God shall flourish on your offerings and praise.

Enter into your glory from this day on and remain favoured for the rest of your life in Jesus name.

Your good dreams for this year will come to pass.

Join my what'sapp group today, it's all about health and wealth, come learn how to make money with fohow.

Send "add me" to 08097174000 on whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by texazzpete(m): 7:02am On Jun 02, 2016
Goddex:
[size=13pt]Eeyaa . . . and some of them where probably chanting "Sai Buhari" Sai Baba" during last election[/size]
Yes o!
Even worse, I'm sure some supported the PDP that got us into this mess in the first place. They were probably saying 'GEJ till 2019'

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by tonio2wo: 7:04am On Jun 02, 2016
madridguy:
This is getting hotter day by day.
Why is it getting hotter?
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by flokii: 7:05am On Jun 02, 2016
Which way Naija?

Not cool
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by dumie(f): 7:07am On Jun 02, 2016
amclimax:
If I survives this buhari regime.... Hell go be small thing wey I dey
Wailers gat no chill . What a colossal loss! However,In times like this, that I applaud myself I wasn't hoodwinked into voting APC

3 Likes

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Afritop(m): 7:08am On Jun 02, 2016
WHY IS IT THAT JOB INSECURITY IS A PROBLEM WHENEVER A NEW GOVERNMENT COMES INTO POWER. ITS LIKE A CIRCLE
THE HOPE IS THAT WHEN A NEW ELECTED GOVERNMENT COMES IN, AVENUES FOR EMPLOYMENT GENERATION SHOULD BE CREATED.
BUT INSTEAD THEY DELIBERATELY MAKE POLICIES THAT WILL LEAD TO MASSIVE LOSS OF JOBS AND GIVE EXCUSE THAT THEY ARE RESIZING AND RESTRUCTURING.
THE JOBS THEY CANNOT PROVIDE THEY ARE HELPING TO ERADICATE AND INSISTS THAT THE POLICIES ARE FOR THE GOOD OF THE ECONOMY
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by tonio2wo: 7:09am On Jun 02, 2016
Orikinla:
The Nigerian economy is not why a couple of banks are sacking hundreds of workers, but redundancy.

Digital technology has revolutionized modern banking operations and left many of the workers redundant. I hardly go to the banking halls, because I use my mobile phone to do several bank transactions and use the nearest ATM for cash withdrawal. So, banks don't need to employ many people again.
[size=58pt]FUCKOFF![/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 02, 2016
It is the TSA policy that is reducing the profits of these Banks and not Buhari the they need to downsize now and go back to the drawing board to see what they can do to actually maximise profit in other to cover for the government free deposit they enjoyed over time.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 02, 2016
It is time to look inward.
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by tonio2wo: 7:12am On Jun 02, 2016
texazzpete:

Yes o!
Even worse, I'm sure some supported the PDP that got us into this mess in the first place. They were probably saying 'GEJ till 2019'
So so stale! News flash pdp left power more than a year ago.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by ABDamola(m): 7:13am On Jun 02, 2016
Nigeria shal b great again... Wen sum pips kip bombin our main revenue nko? D same pple castigatin Govt on ds r also d pple hailin dos dt kip bombin!!!

Mak DM continue, we shall all share in DS!

I and ma family shall mak it in DS economic crisis...

Majority of nigerians(larger percentage of North, larger percentage of SW and little percentage of SS and SE) shal vote APC again...

Buhari will take us to d promise land... I bliv!

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by idupaul: 7:20am On Jun 02, 2016
Goddex:
[size=13pt]Eeyaa . . . and some of them where probably chanting "Sai Buhari" Sai Baba" during last election[/size]

Many of them

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by darlingtonIIV(m): 7:21am On Jun 02, 2016
And buhari said he'll create 3million jobs In one year, but rather people are loosing their jobs
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Anthony496(m): 7:24am On Jun 02, 2016
Eyaa God go help those people that they sack but can u believe that of them that they sack are more prilliant than some in the office now?
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by johnsonjosbles(m): 7:27am On Jun 02, 2016
Me wey treatning my boss yesterday to increase my salary or I resign! I got an aproval imidiately and my salary was increase by 40% with imidiate effect! Do you know why? Because I'm doing Job as a secretary,admin,cleaner,driver,cook...... Infact I'm a marketer sef. They refuse to employ more hand, if I com leave who go do dey do all those wok sef! I don tire for this country sef
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by wordcat(m): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2016
funkydislo:
Buhari is the cause but the MD didn't made mention of economy or Buhari?Those who read and comprehend the news,please tell us what's the reason behind those sacking?

Kie said, “The bank, in its renewed drive for
optimal performance, has in addition realigned
certain roles bank wide to ensure improved
efficiency. This necessitates the exits of some
staff who were adequately compensated.
“This is in furtherance of a market repositioning
exercise designed to strengthen the bank’s
business across all markets where it operates.”
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 02, 2016
MrPresident1:
TSA has sucked life out of the banks, yet it is being bandied as an achievement. TSA has taken liquidity, the lifeblood that is pumped by the banks and which flows in the veins and arteries of our economy, TSA has taken it away. Liquidity that should flow through banks is warehoused in CBN vaults. Nigerian banks are stressed.

Everywhere in the world, government money is a source of vital liquidity into the economy so consumers can buy goods which will further stimulate production, or importation. This is not the case with Nigeria, TSA has mopped the money, and as far as I know, despite the signing of the budget in May, capital votes have not been released to MDAs., so no money anywhere.

The Nigerian economy is being programmed to die, which explains this government's first year of COMPLETE INACTIVITY(except lies and propaganda). The economy would have died much earlier but its resilience and complexity was underestimated. If you cannot see the pattern yet, I am sorry for you, you are wilfully blind. TSA, Delayed ministers, delayed budget, delayed release of budgetted capital allocations, nothing absolutely nothing is going on in health, power, agriculture etc.

Repent and seek God, these are end times.

Your analysis is spot on. There is no liquidity anywhere

PMB essentially pressed PAUSE on Nigeria, he took the lifeblood away through the TSA and he does not listen to anyone except the voices in his head telling him he is the best thing that has happened to the world. GEJ initiated the TSA but didnt implement it yet because he listened to smart ministers telling him to not apply it acrosss the board. I am sure the TSA will work if it was started in some ministries like NNPC and NPA. Right now government hospitals cannot access monies for medicines until government subvention gets to them

A universal principle guiding policy implementation requires that the policy be liberal enough to allow some guilty people escape with the good than for one single innocent person be punished with the guilty. Buhari has failed woefully in this regard both in 1983 and 2016

The banking industry is a reflection of true economic state of a country. Right now, people are not doing high risk high return businesses. Everyone is being very very careful. At this trend Nigeria economy will shrink back to 1983 era

We also have the dumbest set of ministers ever in the history of Nigeria especially the finance minister.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by shay101: 7:30am On Jun 02, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
All hail to that man & his lying crew for promising Nigerians to create 3m jobs in a year but, turns out to do other wise. God help those that never voted for this fake Change..
He was probably saying Nigerians will loose 3m jobs every year we just didn't get it.
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by shay101: 7:32am On Jun 02, 2016
FredN:

Your analysis is spot on. There is no liquidity anywhere

PMB essentially pressed PAUSE on Nigeria, he took the lifeblood away through the TSA and he does not listen to anyone except the voices in his head telling him he is the best thing that has happened to the world. GEJ initiated the TSA but didnt implement it yet because he listened to smart ministers telling him to not apply it acrosss the board. I am sure the TSA will work if it was started in some ministries like NNPC and NPA. Right now government hospitals cannot access monies for medicines until government subvention gets to them

The banking industry is a reflection of true economic state of a country. Right now, people are not doing high risk high return businesses. Everyone is being very very careful. At this trend Nigeria economy will shrink back to 1983 era

We also have the dumbest set of ministers ever in the history of Nigeria especially the finance minister.

the finance minister who goes about speaking English like she the is the first to school in UK. I haven't heard anything tangible coming from her side, really.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Adesiji77: 7:45am On Jun 02, 2016
If you work in a bank, your "Plan B" has to be on standby mode at all times...
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by ClintonDal(m): 7:48am On Jun 02, 2016
I thought some APC Division C e-warriors said that this is the normal routine every year
So banks laying off over 1k of its workers nationwide is now a routine.
Those of you that voted for change, how market?
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by JohnLou(m): 7:50am On Jun 02, 2016
My God, come to our aid . Remove the Saul and give us David. The people who are the bread winner in their families are the ones being fired. Who will train their brothers and sisters now, who will pay the house rents?

God change APC as the y have changed everything to the worse.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by deluxez12(m): 7:53am On Jun 02, 2016
madridguy:
I know people like you will mention Buhari in this and rejoice over oil installation bombing news. We all go suffer am.

scum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

January Salaries Of Federal Civil Servants To Be ‘delayed Beyond Normal’ – Memo / How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.