Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,583 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch (27460 Views)

Charles Kie Resigns As Ecobank Nigeria's CEO / Imo Sacks 1,400 LG Workers / EcoBank Sacks 50 Top Managers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 02, 2016
mrvitalis:
The truth is our banks deserve what they are getting, our banks are like over bamperd babies., they all depended on government money in there banks
The banking sector should be the driving force for diversification of the economy, banks need to invest in Nigeria, sponsors projects with great potentials
Key into they youths, we have lots of ideas, ict, agriculture, transport, education, entertainment, fashion and so on, sponsor this ideas and at the end of the day we have a sound banking system that's unshakeable and a great economy

You are wrong. Govt needs to set the right policies . stabilise exchange rate so that meaningful investment to flow.
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by mrvitalis(m): 11:15am On Jun 02, 2016
mercylicious:

You are wrong. Govt needs to set the right policies . stabilise exchange rate so that meaningful investment to flow.
Am not talking about now, the root cause is what I have said
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by tmark1888: 11:16am On Jun 02, 2016
So, how do you explain the diamond bank, Skye bank, first bank that also sacked/are about to sack? How do you explain the oil & gas and manufacturing companies that are also sacking? I guess it's because of the Oceanic Bank matter too, right? please put sentiment apart, between 2010 and 2015, Ecobank did not sack but promoted many staff.
if they are sacking now, they have clearly explained the reason for it. Even now, Ecobank remains one of the Nigeria's top 10 strongest banks. this is a CBN acknowledged fact.

scobaba:
Ecobank has never been a stable bank even in time of boom.

The biggest merger or absorption error in Nigeria Banking System is the Acquisition of Oceanic Bank by Eco. The frog eco has known no peace since it swallowed grasshoper Oceanic Bank.

Since 2010, former oceanic staff in Ecobank have been marginalised till date. they do not get promoted, they do not get job enrichment. they are not the first to merge, but their merger has never settled to anything good.

Today a couple of friends(former oceanic in eco) who will be 10 years in the system by September were sacked. I think its simply a ploy not to pay the legal disengagement amount for those who have done 10 years and above. Now this guys who have put in 9years and 9months will go home with one month salary in-lieu, probably 250-350k.

Its a sad situation in this country. It has nothing to do with Buhari or Goodluck, its the level of decadence in the system from ab initio which makes the grass suffer the rubbish caused by the elephant.

To all the guys who were affected in Skye Bank, Diamond Bank and Ecobank downsizing, keep your head up. i Know that feeling, i have been thru it( lost my job in oceanic Dec 2009), you will shine at some point. it wunt come easy, but you will shine.

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by hob(m): 11:23am On Jun 02, 2016
its sad; in this harsh economic conditions

God ll def show them the right way
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Sumz: 11:31am On Jun 02, 2016
The more technologically advanced a society becomes, the more redundant traditional skills become. So new sets of skills are always required. This may explain perfectly what is happening in the Nation's employment market generally, not just the banks alone.
Orikinla:
The Nigerian economy is not why a couple of banks are sacking hundreds of workers, but redundancy.

Digital technology has revolutionized modern banking operations and left many of the workers redundant. I hardly go to the banking halls, because I use my mobile phone to do several bank transactions and use the nearest ATM for cash withdrawal. So, banks don't need to employ many people again.
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Omashowen: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2016
THEY FIRE, WE HIRE

Accountant urgently needed in Lagos
JD/QUA
HND/B.SC Accounting
4yrs + exp
Proficient in the use of Microsoft suites-excel, word, etc
Prepare and record assets, liability, revenue & expenses by compiling and analyzing account information
Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting & reconciling transactions
Prepare monthly payroll etc
Sex: female

ICAN/ ORION ERP software exp would be an added advantage
CVs to wdmrecruitments@gmail.com
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by judondasylva(m): 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
that is change
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Abeyjide: 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
what pains me most ,our banks are not doing anything as business just relying on TSA ,politicians stole money and dead people's money.truely our banks are lazy.
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by groovie(m): 7:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
MrPresident1:
TSA has sucked life out of the banks, yet it is being bandied as an achievement. TSA has taken liquidity, the lifeblood that is pumped by the banks and which flows in the veins and arteries of our economy, TSA has taken it away. Liquidity that should flow through banks is warehoused in CBN vaults. Nigerian banks are stressed.

Everywhere in the world, government money is a source of vital liquidity into the economy so consumers can buy goods which will further stimulate production, or importation. This is not the case with Nigeria, TSA has mopped the money, and as far as I know, despite the signing of the budget in May, capital votes have not been released to MDAs., so no money anywhere.

The Nigerian economy is being programmed to die, which explains this government's first year of COMPLETE INACTIVITY(except lies and propaganda). The economy would have died much earlier but its resilience and complexity was underestimated. If you cannot see the pattern yet, I am sorry for you, you are wilfully blind. TSA, Delayed ministers, delayed budget, delayed release of budgetted capital allocations, nothing absolutely nothing is going on in health, power, agriculture etc.

Repent and seek God, these are end times.
Bro please permit me to share this on my fb account
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by MrPresident1: 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
groovie:

Bro please permit me to share this on my fb account

Enjoy yourself bro, feel free.
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by scobaba: 5:38am On Jun 03, 2016
tmark1888:
So, how do you explain the diamond bank, Skye bank, first bank that also sacked/are about to sack? How do you explain the oil & gas and manufacturing companies that are also sacking? I guess it's because of the Oceanic Bank matter too, right? please put sentiment apart, between 2010 and 2015, Ecobank did not sack but promoted many staff.
if they are sacking now, they have clearly explained the reason for it. Even now, Ecobank remains one of the Nigeria's top 10 strongest banks. this is a CBN acknowledged fact.

CBN acknowledged fact indeed. What does CBN know? This CBN? Smh!
You must be an ecobank staff. I mean core ecobank, not oceanic carryovers. The way you spoke is exactly how all of them av come across do.

Ecobank has been sacking every 6 months since 2010. Majorly ex oceanic staff. Its either you dont know anything, or you are just the chief of sentiment. How do you sack somebody who is just 3months away from gratuity? if their was unionism in the banking sector like oil and gas, that wud never happen, except the affected staff was involved in fraud.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by texazzpete(m): 5:52am On Jun 03, 2016
tonio2wo:

So so stale! News flash pdp left power more than a year ago.

Newsflash.
Those of us with brains know this country is still feeling the effects of their ineptitude.

Basically, APC and PDP are joint culprits. PDP got us into this hole we find ourselves. APC is doing a poor job of getting us out of this hole.

Simple.
Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 03, 2016
brunofarad:
Blaming it on capital will always be an excuse till you figure how to think outside the box....

I started with N0.00

FACT
Bro,you dey lie.

Re: Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch by tamunobello: 11:37am On Jun 03, 2016
TheAlchemist:

Doctor please cure the Cancer in phases or cure it once and for all (Choose which you prefer)... Please TSA is not the issue, but the fact that the banking model "as is" is not sustainable. We might have to swallow a whole lot of bitter pills, but we have no choice if we want to get this economy back on track. It is not about paying salaries to people who hardly do jack in their various offices because there is so much free funds... In Buhari's new economy, if you are not adding tangible value your days in the Corporate Establishment are as good as numbered!

But let's talk about the TSA issue, CBN is hell bent on denying that they signed an agreement with the Systemspecs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Bank Laid Off Their Staff / January Salaries Of Federal Civil Servants To Be ‘delayed Beyond Normal’ – Memo / How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.