Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole (779 Views)

"Goodluck Jonathan Is Anini, An Armed Robber With PhD" - Jimoh Ibrahim / 33 States Can’t Pay Salaries – BudgIT / Jonathan Is The Reason Some States Cannot Pay Salaries – Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:12am On Jun 02, 2016
By Ameh Comrade Godwin

The Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole has explained why many states in the country are struggling to pay their civil servants’ salaries.
He attributed the current economic challenge to the misrule of the past administration led by Goodluck Jonathan.

He said even governors elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, which ruled the country in the last 16 years agreed with their colleagues from other parties that the “challenge today is as a result of abuses of yesterday”.

Oshiomhole spoke with State House correspondents shortly after a meeting he had with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said he and five of his colleagues had earlier met with Buhari on Tuesday to discuss the huge challenges being faced by many of the states.

Part of the problem, he said, was that many workers were not being paid.

According to him, once salaries wee not paid, the situation creates a vicious circle with landlords not getting their rents and market women unable to sell, leading to a depressed economy.

He said, “These issues were discussed yesterday (on Tuesday) and as usual President Buhari has been extremely supportive even though we all agree including PDP governors among us that the crisis that we are being faced was as a result of the misrule of the past.

“The challenge of today is as a result of the abuses of yesterday.

“But inspite of that, President Buhari has been very helpful. But for that, many states would have gone into crisis. I don’t know what you will call a state that is completely insolvent and bankrupt.

“We have to appreciate the President for the leadership he has provided; ‎I mean we all have a greater sense of security today than was the case around this time a year ago.

http://www.dailypost.ng/2016/06/01/jonathan-is-the-reason-why-some-states-cannot-pay-salaries-oshiomole/

Lalasticlala

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by mysteriousman(m): 6:14am On Jun 02, 2016
I know it's OK to blame the head when things go wrong but I feel the title of this topic should have been PDP's mismanagement of our resources over the years culminated to the problems we have today, Jonathan wasn't the government alone
Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by bentlywills(m): 6:16am On Jun 02, 2016
Pathetic Governor

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by Kezifils(m): 6:20am On Jun 02, 2016
Even after a year has passed, they are still blaming Jonathan.

Enough already

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by richidinho(m): 6:21am On Jun 02, 2016
Iffa slap diz Ape ehn! grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by eleojo23: 6:21am On Jun 02, 2016
The blame game continues

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by Deapexboy(m): 6:30am On Jun 02, 2016
Is that an excuse or what? If the past govt. Was perfect nobody would have vote 4 APC, We expect them to put this country inorder and stop all pointing finger...

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by tonio2wo: 6:36am On Jun 02, 2016
mysteriousman:
I know it's OK to blame the head when things go wrong but I feel the title of this topic should have been PDP's mismanagement of our resources over the years culminated to the problems we have today, Jonathan wasn't the government alone
Dont mind d ape, his hate for gej will kill him soon.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by eleojo23: 6:36am On Jun 02, 2016
Deapexboy:
Is that an excuse or what? If the past govt. Was perfect nobody would have vote 4 APC, We expect them to put this country inorder and stop all pointing finger...
APC only wanted to gain power in order to eat their own share of the national cake. They thought governance was about sharing money. They did not expect to meet tough times and now that they have to handle challenges, they are clueless.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by jesse515: 6:39am On Jun 02, 2016
Jonathan is same reason he is shooting blanks on lara...

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by nwanwaoge(m): 6:46am On Jun 02, 2016
Oshiomole go and continue working....stop dis blame game...its over a year....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:47am On Jun 02, 2016
jesse515:

Abeg fear God even if na small, why ur mouth come bad like OshiomhOLE face nah??

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by opeyemiieblog(m): 6:49am On Jun 02, 2016
this ppl sef
Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by godoluwa(m): 6:51am On Jun 02, 2016
Have u blamed GEJ today?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by ShowYourCertificate: 6:51am On Jun 02, 2016
jesse515:

grin grin grin

These APC guys won't cease to amaze me grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:54am On Jun 02, 2016
godoluwa:
Have u blamed GEJ today?
i've not but, oshiomhOLE has...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by kossyablaze(m): 6:54am On Jun 02, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
grin grin grin

These APC guys won't cease to amaze me grin
Amaze is an understatement. They are pathetic fools
Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by kossyablaze(m): 6:56am On Jun 02, 2016
jesse515:

wait...tell me something. U mean he's impotent or he no get spermatozoa
Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by Mynd44: 7:00am On Jun 02, 2016
Re: Jonathan Is The Reason Why Some States Cannot Pay Salaries- Oshiomhole by chukwukadibia10: 7:00am On Jun 02, 2016
Oshiomhole should be creative.

We have heard this before.

(1)

FLASHBACK: How Jonathan Cancelled A Trip To Niger Delta Community / Check Out Ifeanyi Ubah's Touching Tribute To Stephen Keshi / PHOTOS: Emir Of Kano Muhammad Sanusi Pays Homage To Gov Umar Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.