Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Nokia Maps - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Maps (21229 Views)

How To Solve Google Maps Not Working After Symbian Belle Update. / Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone / Download Nigeria City Maps On Your Mobile Phone - no browsing fees. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Maps by ahmedng: 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2010
zenus:

Use this to sign the map.

http://www.plunder.com/Free-Sign-download-7507fdb2e2.htm

Please specify how to user these tool

thank you zenus
Re: Nokia Maps by ahmedng: 11:01am On May 01, 2010
ahmedng:

Please specify how to user these tool

thank you zenus

I tried installing this tool on my nokia E71, it is saying expired certificate
Re: Nokia Maps by nazzyon(m): 11:06am On May 01, 2010
Is the date on your phone correct?

Most apps complain about certificate only because of wrong date.
Re: Nokia Maps by ahmedng: 11:16am On May 01, 2010
nazzyon:

yes the date is correct
Re: Nokia Maps by zenus(m): 5:14pm On May 01, 2010
nazzyon:

Set the date to 1 or 2 years ago
Re: Nokia Maps by ahmedng: 10:16pm On May 01, 2010
zenus:

Set the date to 1 or 2 years ago

I ve already tried that, wen i do tht the error changes to some other error
Re: Nokia Maps by ahmedng: 1:08am On May 02, 2010
thanks to all, i ve done IT

i ve hacked the phone , E71 latest firmware

i ve been able to install the free signer

and ve Ovi Map is now working
Re: Nokia Maps by Dclique(m): 12:04pm On May 08, 2010
Does garmin map wrk on 5330 cus nokia map does.
I have dwnlded nokia map nigeria, it wrks bt no gps yet,
Re: Nokia Maps by zenus(m): 1:40pm On May 08, 2010
Dclique:

Does garmin map wrk on 5330 cus nokia map does.
I have dwnlded nokia map nigeria, it wrks bt no gps yet,

Your phone is compatible wit Garmin map. Check your phone setting if gps is not showing
Re: Nokia Maps by Dclique(m): 1:42pm On May 08, 2010
My phone settings?,under config or what. Where can i dwnld garmin map?
Re: Nokia Maps by Dclique(m): 1:43pm On May 08, 2010
I appreciate any help offered. Thanx
Re: Nokia Maps by aieromon(m): 5:44pm On May 08, 2010
@Dclique
Get all the information you need here. . . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-324002.0.html
Re: Nokia Maps by Dclique(m): 9:11pm On May 08, 2010
have extracted GarminMobileXTSupportFiles_4xxxx.exe into my Phone.

but i didnt get a dwnld link to (http://www8.garmin.com/software/GarminMobileXTforSymbianS603rdEdition_50030.exe and

http://www8.garmin.com/software/GarminMobileXTforSymbianS603rdEdition_50020.exe

.) check it out yourself. I dont think its even a freeware
Re: Nokia Maps by zenus(m): 11:21pm On May 08, 2010
^ Reply thru that thread given to you. Here is for Nokia map and Nokia map only.
Re: Nokia Maps by jafextra(m): 4:10pm On May 14, 2010
@all pls where can I download new map for my Nokia 6220c the old map is gone when I formated my phone
Re: Nokia Maps by zenus(m): 4:24pm On May 14, 2010
readn thru de thread
Re: Nokia Maps by ekoboy: 7:21pm On May 14, 2010
zenus:

^ Reply thru that thread given to you. Here is for Nokia map and Nokia map only.
Hw do I download Nigeria maps on the Nokia 5330. I don't think the phone has GPS. Is it possible without GPS?
Re: Nokia Maps by Dclique(m): 10:36pm On May 14, 2010
Download Ovi Suite,
install then connect your device

2. Go to map,
Select NIGERIA, then download.
Re: Nokia Maps by zenus(m): 10:57pm On May 14, 2010
Dclique:

Download Ovi Suite,
install then connect your device

2. Go to map,
Select NIGERIA, then download.

Is you Nokia map work?
Re: Nokia Maps by Dclique(m): 8:06am On May 15, 2010
Yea!!, but the gps doesnt
Re: Nokia Maps by aieromon(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2010
Dclique:

Yea!!, but the gps doesnt

The gps radio doesn't exist in the first place,nah.
Re: Nokia Maps by Genuflect(m): 10:33pm On May 15, 2010
Aieromon, how far my twittai codes naw? I don dey ask since and you no even reply me
Re: Nokia Maps by day0(m): 6:47am On Aug 27, 2010
i apologise for digging this rather old topic up, i just seem to have problems with the map and wuz hoping that someone could be nice enough to put me thru
I downloaded d Ovi Maps v3.01 (which i wouldn't know if its the latest tho) to my n95 and downloaded as well, aeromon's cities.rar file. Installation went smoothly as well as the extraction of the cities file. One issue however that i seem to be facing right now is the fact that the map CRASHES each time i try to browse thru other areas included on the map or try to search places. Also i observed that my gps hasn't been working ever since i installed the map.
Guys what am i doin wrong S.O.S cry cry embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Nokia Maps by saddik(m): 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2010
Hi All,

I need help. I use a Nokia N82 (v30.0.019), when I open Ovi maps on my laptop to download maps for nigeria , I dont find Nigeria on the Africa list.

Is there any other way to download maps for Nigeria? I also have the latest software version both on my phone and the OVi suite.

Tnx.
Re: Nokia Maps by Rogbese(m): 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2010
day0:

i apologise for digging this rather old topic up, i just seem to have problems with the map and wuz hoping that someone could be nice enough to put me thru
I downloaded d Ovi Maps v3.01 (which i wouldn't know if its the latest tho) to my n95 and downloaded as well, aeromon's cities.rar file. Installation went smoothly as well as the extraction of the cities file. One issue however that i seem to be facing right now is the fact that the map CRASHES each time i try to browse thru other areas included on the map or try to search places. Also i observed that my gps hasn't been working ever since i installed the map.
Guys what am i doin wrong S.O.S cry cry embarassed lipsrsealed

Thats kinda strange. I have maps 3.01 working FLAWLESSLY on my N95 as well as Garmin. What firmware do you have? Which version of Nokia maps are you trying to install?
Re: Nokia Maps by Khoded(m): 4:37am On Dec 03, 2010
pls guys,i've been like trying to get this map stuff since january,coz its like you are speaking in tongue.pls now i nid somebody who can give me the tutorial or teach me.and i want to ask whether it can work on my e65,e51'nd is it for free,i already have nokia map 1.2,2.0 and google map.thanks (khoded_d@yahoo.com)
Re: Nokia Maps by Rogbese(m): 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2010
Khoded:

pls guys,i've been like trying to get this map stuff since january,coz its like you are speaking in tongue.pls now i nid somebody who can give me the tutorial or teach me.and i want to ask whether it can work on my e65,e51'nd is it for free,i already have nokia map 1.2,2.0 and google map.thanks (khoded_d@yahoo.com)

Sorry but neither of those phones is GPS enabled. It will run but you will not have the benefits of turn by turn navigation. Alternatives; by an external bluetooth gps device or upgrade your phone.
Re: Nokia Maps by Khoded(m): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2010
what is that external bluetooth gps'nd will it work if i upgrade them?
Re: Nokia Maps by Rogbese(m): 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2010
It's simply a device that receives GPS signals and then send the signals to your phone. The navigation software then translates these signals into directions and all what not. If you have a gps enabled phone you do not need this device. When I said upgrade your phone I ment get one that has a gps receiver built in.
Re: Nokia Maps by deenawe(m): 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2010
is there any nokia map that works with the c3? I know its nt gps enabled but i heard some new versions of nokia maps support w/lan useage for navigation which my phone supports. . But since its s/40 im not too sure,
Re: Nokia Maps by missylizzy(f): 8:30pm On Dec 03, 2010
Pls i want to know if Nokia maps wud work on my phone,E63 although i use google maps but it isnt concrete enough and it takes alot of my credit.Thanks.
Re: Nokia Maps by Rogbese(m): 10:31am On Dec 04, 2010
missylizzy:

Pls i want to know if Nokia maps wud work on my phone,E63 although i use google maps but it isnt concrete enough and it takes alot of my credit.Thanks.

Sorry, the E63 is not gps enabled. Nokia maps will run but you will not be able to navigate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Glo Wap Manual Settings / Average Price Of Smartphone In Nigeria Drops To $95 / My Ordeal At Computer Village Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.