Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,734 members, 7,813,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Tribute To A Victim Of Army Massacre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To A Victim Of Army Massacre (410 Views)

Phillip Shaibu Buys Keke For A Victim Of Reckless Driving By His Convoy (Pics) / Buratai Commissions Tactical Operation Base Of Army In His Town Biu,Borno(pics) / Nigerian Army Reacts To Amnesty Report Of Army Killing 17 IPOB/MASSOB Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribute To A Victim Of Army Massacre by misterawo: 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
OUR TRIBUTE:At the peak of Boko Haram insurgency in North Eastern Nigeria in 2012, he relocated from Maiduguri where he was managing his photography and Video Recording business at UNIMAID to Enugu in Chinomso Uka's (his younger brother) house, with his help rented an apartment and brought his family back with him. Later, he got a Photo stand at IMT, Enugu and continued his cherished work which was going well for him.He later joined IPOB and became a staunch member agitating for Biafra freedom. He got so much engrossed withIPOB activities that his mother was so worried and cautionedhim on several occasions but his response was always "I will never stop until Biafra becomes reality.. even if i die in the process, i die a happy man"..On Sunday night at a Church where he and other IPOB members were sleep-Praying in commemoration to the May 30th Biafra Remembrance Day; Nigerian Army struck withoutprovocation, shooting sporadically at harmless and peaceful IPOB members right inside the church of God. Everyone ran including him but sadly, he was hit by the wicked bullet of theNigerian Army. As everyone ran, non was there at the moment to rush him to the hospital immediately. When the dust settled,he was rushed to the hospital but was already late. He is dead!..This is the sad story of Mr. Chikodi Agwu Uka Ume, one of the sons of Late Chief Uka Ume of Ndi Anyaorie Compound,Ndi Uduma Awoke Ohafia,Abia State.He was a hardworking young man always holding tightly to any course he believes in. If you visit home during festivities, Chikodi is the one who always make a mobile photo stand at Odum Hall where he tried to prove how a good photograph should look.He got married precisely on the 21st of May 2011 to his beautiful wife,Mrs Blessing Chika Uka from Awommamma Imo state with 3 lovely kids; 2 girls and a boy namely Chiamaka,Chidinma and Uchechukwu.Our prayer is that may we still be alive to see this Biafra struggle you and many others died for come to reality. That way we'll be comforted that your death was not in vain. We mourn with the family,Our Village Ndi Uduma Awoke and the entire Biafra activists around the world for yet another great loss; a product of the wicked Buhari led federal Government.Chikodi preferred to be killed by the Nigerian Army at Onitsha fighting the Biafran Course than to be killed in Maiduguri by the Rag Tag Boko Haram Army fighting for nothing!Adieu Biafra Hero!!!Good Night‪#‎CHIKODI‬UKA UME!!!!**OkorientaAdmnOdum**

Re: Tribute To A Victim Of Army Massacre by attackgat: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
I saw the video of him lying on the grass dead. I heard someone comment that he came from Enugu to Onitsha for the Biafran remembrance day. It is the height of evil for Soldiers to go to a church and shoot unarmed people. But that is the evil of the entity called Nigeria. Killing people in the name of "one Nigeria". Forcing people who want their God given right to be free to belong to a white man invention called 'Nigeria'. I pray that the family has the fortitude to bear the loss. His death is a reminder that freedom is one of the very few things in life worth dying for. His death is a reminder of the evil Nigeria stands for. One day we shall get there.

Adieu Bro, your legacy will mean nothing in Nigeria, but it will mean everything in the land of the rising Sun.

RIP

(1) (Reply)

20 Questions You Should Never Ask At The End Of A Job Interview / PHOTOS: Senator Bruce With Nigerian High Commissioner To London / BREAKING: Tompolo Flees To Libya!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.