Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,116 members, 7,953,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:05 PM

Lionel Messi In Tax Court: I Played Football And Trusted My Father - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi In Tax Court: I Played Football And Trusted My Father (435 Views)

Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match / "Lionel Messi Is My Idol" - Paul Pogba / BREAKING: Messi In Talks With Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi In Tax Court: I Played Football And Trusted My Father by Footyfanz: 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
Barcelona star Lionel Messi denied having knowledge of the tax issues that led to fraud charges against him, saying on Thursday he signed documents without reading them because he trusted his father and the advisers responsible for managing his finances.

Witnesses called to testify on the second day of his trial said that Messi had little knowledge of the corporate structures that authorities say were created to lower the player's tax burden in Spain. They said that although he signed documents, it was his father who was actually responsible for the player's businesses off the field.

Messi's lawyer had previously said the strategy is "counter-attack" in the Barcelona and Argentina forward's trial.

Read More at: http://footyfanz.com/article_page.php?article=lionel_messi_in_tax_court_i_played_football_and_trusted_my_father_1464882725

Re: Lionel Messi In Tax Court: I Played Football And Trusted My Father by 201320142015ob(m): 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
Yeh, his dad handle all his image right income... He just put his signature on the paper, also there is 0 possibility that he will end up in prison coz Spanish law states pardon for a crime if is the 1st time committed by the person. If he is found guilty he will just have to pay up

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Sales At Micostarmall Today. / Kelechi Iheanacho Set To Miss Olympics With Nigeria / Pay Us While We’re Still Alive! Oliseh Tells NFF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.