Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) (39124 Views)

Building Affordable Houses With Interlocking Clay Bricks / Sold Sold !!! In Lekki Phase1 ( Old Building with Photos). Great Location / INVEST NOW IN BRICKS COURTS SCHEME2, FOLU ISE, 1MINS AFTER LA CAMPANGE TROPICANA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by chukslawrence(m): 6:47am On Jun 13, 2016
K
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:52am On Jun 13, 2016
waldigit this could spark a whole new housing development revolution especially for the mid to lower income classes interested in building their own homes since it would be cheaper than the conventional method. But is it safer? The lack of plaster and lower cement bothers me o.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by Leo2flex(m): 6:58am On Jun 13, 2016
sureway1:
Op are you aware of this flaw?

When it rains water enters the apartment via the contact made between bricks.
Are you talking from experience? because I thought of that too
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by badonkadonk: 7:02am On Jun 13, 2016
Truth is, the coloured bricks made these days cannot be compared to those made in those days...

Like the cultured bricks my late aunt used for her house... The thing be like regular vibrated bricks in size and it has stood the test of time without any form of leakages through brick joints, no cracks in them whatsoever... And the house is over 30years old now... The thing still dey wax stronger..

Like the op said it saves one the cost of painting and all..

2 Likes

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by DjAndroid: 7:06am On Jun 13, 2016
waldigit:
For sometimes now we have been busy on site with this relatively not common building materials. Bricks is not new the country industry yet interlocking bonding with tong and groove edge is somewhat new. the idea of no mortal joint, no plaster, no paint may be a new sensation yet without its own side technical and strategic pitfalls. let me stop to allow you feed your eyes. I will continue to upload the picture as we proceed onsite God's willing until the commission stage. stay tuned. the site is situate and lying @ Ibadan.

You should have taken a closer shot to let us see how the bricks interlock.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 13, 2016
MCeeShort:
Wetin be mortal instead of mortar? Sometimes I get pissed-off reading stories on this platform!
Can't you see that it was a typographical error.

1 Like

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by 12inchDickson: 7:27am On Jun 13, 2016
Following...
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by 12inchDickson: 7:27am On Jun 13, 2016
Vickyydera:
don't mind him
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by deb(m): 7:38am On Jun 13, 2016
MCeeShort:
Wetin be mortal instead of mortar? Sometimes I get pissed-off reading stories on this platform!

You better don't take life too seriously else you die of hypertension.

4 Likes

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by sureway1(m): 7:43am On Jun 13, 2016
Leo2flex:

Are you talking from experience? because I thought of that too

From experience, that's if the wall faces the direction of the rain..
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by hurricaneChris: 7:49am On Jun 13, 2016
Nice concept.

But I dont think there is any new thing here. The fired clay bricks, abi "interlocking stones" are not the load bearing elements.

The only advantage here is that the bricks have this property of not absorbing sun radiation.
Hence the interior of the building will always feel cold. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by jojoki: 8:03am On Jun 13, 2016
I used the Hydroform Bricks materials for a clinic construction like 3 years ago. It was a wonderful experience then

1 Like

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by lakefist(m): 8:08am On Jun 13, 2016
deb:

Please tell him 'cos him go soon slump.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by sheunflexy(m): 8:26am On Jun 13, 2016
this is hydroform bricks now,nothing new,I did the same thing last 5 years in Port Harcourt,south African initiated the using of it.

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by sheunflexy(m): 8:32am On Jun 13, 2016
more

2 Likes

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by tasland(m): 8:35am On Jun 13, 2016
yea DAT is wht I do for a living, interlockin red bricks very strong for building ,no cement require,we only use cement for form work,it is cheaper......
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by manmidtexy(m): 8:44am On Jun 13, 2016
waldigit:
For sometimes now we have been busy on site with this relatively not common building materials. Bricks is not new the country industry yet interlocking bonding with tong and groove edge is somewhat new. the idea of no mortal joint, no plaster, no paint may be a new sensation yet without its own side technical and strategic pitfalls. let me stop to allow you feed your eyes. I will continue to upload the picture as we proceed onsite God's willing until the commission stage. stay tuned. the site is situate and lying @ Ibadan.

Nice write up...would love to have more details for you: why red brick is better than our traditional mentality sub-standard white blocks.

convinced enough in terms of cost and durability and other factors.

biodun@manmid.com
manmidtexy@gmail.com
08064721908 - whatsapp.
08024557715 - voice.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by manmidtexy(m): 8:49am On Jun 13, 2016
chimah3:
There are newer better cheaper technologies now....

Which do you know ? Let the whole house know.
Thanks
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by sheunflexy(m): 8:54am On Jun 13, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
waldigit this could spark a whole new housing development revolution especially for the mid to lower income classes interested in building their own homes since it would be cheaper than the conventional method. But is it safer? The lack of plaster and lower cement bothers me o.
this hydroform bricks does not come cheap,the lactarite use are special not just red sand,the mixture ratio determine how strong it would be,the curing part is the most difficult part,we don't cure it with Sun but heat their by covering it with trampoline immediately it's been mould,we only wet it with water morning and evening for 6 to 7 days depending on the mixing ratio,we had to covered it back with trampoline immediately after wetting to generate heat,resistant to bullets,but as for me I don't fancy it.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by tonytony208(m): 8:57am On Jun 13, 2016
sureway1:
Op are you aware of this flaw?

When it rains water enters the apartment via the contact made between bricks.

I'm certain it will be plastered
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by sheunflexy(m): 9:09am On Jun 13, 2016
tonytony208:

I'm certain it will be plastered
no plastering,each brick is a little bit recess inside to allow them key in properly.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by Batlan01: 9:14am On Jun 13, 2016
wink wink

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by uneeking(m): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2016
Where is the "interlock"? I only see normal modified clay blocks in the photos. No interlock anywhere.
undecided
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by lordkhalifa(m): 9:43am On Jun 13, 2016
I hope you are not going to use brown roofing
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by lordkhalifa(m): 9:43am On Jun 13, 2016
I hope you are not going to use brown roofing zinc
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by engr2yen: 10:00am On Jun 13, 2016
Pls,can someone get a plot of land @ dat location,looking 4 one.......hw much does it cost?thxs

1 Like

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by iswallker(m): 10:01am On Jun 13, 2016
chimah3:
There are newer better cheaper technologies now....

enlighten us please... wink
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by jojoki: 10:13am On Jun 13, 2016
tasland:
yea DAT is wht I do for a living, interlockin red bricks very strong for building ,no cement require,we only use cement for form work,it is cheaper......
Bro, when I worked with it then we added little quantity of cement to the Laterite mix before moulding with Hydroform machine.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by MCeeShort(m): 10:54am On Jun 13, 2016
deb:

I'm too serious to be unserious about life. And u were taught that its only serious people that get hypertensive, right? Wonderful consultant u will make in medicine!

1 Like

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by MCeeShort(m): 10:56am On Jun 13, 2016
Vickyydera:

A typographical error one too many. Is "mortal" the only error in that story?
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by forgiveness: 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
Adenle041:
Thanks for uploading more pix, I also have a cervica ram press for the production of a laterite brick I.e clay mixed with cement but the machine is manually operated and want to convert to an electtrical compressing machine.

How much does it cost? Where did you buy it? Thanks
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by forgiveness: 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
sheunflexy:
this hydroform bricks does not come cheap,the lactarite use are special not just red sand,the mixture ratio determine how strong it would be,the curing part is the most difficult part,we don't cure it with Sun but heat their by covering it with trampoline immediately it's been mould,we only wet it with water morning and evening for 6 to 7 days depending on the mixing ratio,we had to covered it back with trampoline immediately after wetting to generate heat,resistant to bullets,but as for me I don't fancy it.

Bros, how much is the machine and where did you buy it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Building designs and advice for your projects / Frustrated Tenants Print Poster For Their Landlord / Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.