Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) (39165 Views)

Building Affordable Houses With Interlocking Clay Bricks / Sold Sold !!! In Lekki Phase1 ( Old Building with Photos). Great Location / INVEST NOW IN BRICKS COURTS SCHEME2, FOLU ISE, 1MINS AFTER LA CAMPANGE TROPICANA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by tasland(m): 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
jojoki:
Bro, when I worked with it then we added little quantity of cement to the Laterite mix before moulding with Hydroform machine.
am talking abt d settings not moulding,I no we mix small cement wit latterite to make it stronger,I no everytin abt it.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by jojoki: 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
tasland:
am talking abt d settings not moulding,I no we mix small cement wit latterite to make it stronger,I no everytin abt it.

Yeah I understand, the pictures of my work on it was posted earlier. Keep up the good work Bro. Best of luck
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by mikron(m): 12:44am On Jun 14, 2016
MCeeShort:
Wetin be mortal instead of mortar? Sometimes I get pissed-off reading stories on this platform!
the thing tire me sef, only we site people understand the language cheesy
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by waldigit: 8:45am On Jun 14, 2016
manmidtexy:

Nice write up...would love to have more details from you for why red brick is better than our traditional mentality sub-standard white blocks.

Will use for my site , if am convinced enough in terms of cost and durability and other factors you may professionally divulge or discuss here.

biodun@manmid.com
manmidtexy@gmail.com
08024557715 - whatsapp.

Thanks

Yes that's exactly what we want to do her, but I want us to do it as practical as possible. The theoretical school will tell you all sort of things like no cement, no sand, no painting etc just to draw your attention, much of this comes from marketer.
but I tell you there are more in the mix to burst your bubble along the line. This is what I want the whole world to know.
Yet talking about prospects apart from cost effectiveness we have: space economy, beauty, strength, heat resistance, uniqueness, bullet Proofing among others.
The following pictures for your viewing.

j

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by waldigit: 8:51am On Jun 14, 2016
DjAndroid:

You should have taken a closer shot to let us see how the bricks interlock.

1 Like

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by waldigit: 8:57am On Jun 14, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
waldigit this could spark a whole new housing development revolution especially for the mid to lower income classes interested in building their own homes since it would be cheaper than the conventional method. But is it safer? The lack of plaster and lower cement bothers me o.
Yes it can, if properly handled at implementation stage. That's what we will look into in the tread.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by waldigit: 9:06am On Jun 14, 2016
EgunMogaji:
What part of Ibadan are your builds at?
the first site is within low cost housing estate of Fed. Ministry of Housing Moniya.
the second is along New Ife Rd.

1 Like

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by waldigit: 9:09am On Jun 14, 2016
EgunMogaji:
What part of Ibadan are your builds at?
the first site is within low cost housing estate of Fed. Ministry of Housing Moniya.
the second is along New Ife Rd.

1 Like

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by waldigit: 9:22am On Jun 14, 2016
sureway1:
Op are you aware of this flaw?

When it rains water enters the apartment via the contact made between bricks.

no need to worry because a fine paste of cement mixed with sealant can be used to fill the joints both in and out to take care of damp infiltration.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
sheunflexy:
this hydroform bricks does not come cheap,the lactarite use are special not just red sand,the mixture ratio determine how strong it would be,the curing part is the most difficult part,we don't cure it with Sun but heat their by covering it with trampoline immediately it's been mould,we only wet it with water morning and evening for 6 to 7 days depending on the mixing ratio,we had to covered it back with trampoline immediately after wetting to generate heat,resistant to bullets,but as for me I don't fancy it.
I see. Wonder what makes it more advantageous then. Thanks a lot.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by Adenle041(m): 11:32am On Jul 11, 2016
forgiveness:

How much does it cost? Where did you buy it? Thanks

Hi forgiveness, appology for the delay in responding, been off the grid, I bought my double press @ bolyn construction company @100,000. Though am putting it for sale u could come and see
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by forgiveness: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2016
Adenle041:

Hi forgiveness, appology for the delay in responding, been off the grid, I bought my double press @ bolyn construction company @100,000. Though am putting it for sale u could come and see

How much do you want to sell yours?
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by Adenle041(m): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
forgiveness:

How much do you want to sell yours?

Hi, will give you the bolyn double press machine for 90,000 along also with its manual.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by forgiveness: 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
Adenle041:

Hi, will give you the bolyn double press machine for 90,000 along also with its manual.

Sorry for the delay. Can you please post the pictures of your double press machine with the brick made from it? Thanks
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by Adenle041(m): 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
forgiveness:

Sorry for the delay. Can you please post the pictures of your double press machine with the brick made from it? Thanks

Could post the pic but the bricks made with it will be when I get back home.

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by manmidtexy(m): 11:34am On Dec 17, 2016
If you want 1 plot or 2 plots @ ologuneru.

08064721908 - whatsapp.
08024557715 - voice
manmidtexy@gmail.com

engr2yen:
Pls,can someone get a plot of land @ dat location,looking 4 one.......hw much does it cost?thxs
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by tasland(m): 9:16am On Dec 19, 2016
[quote author=jojoki post=

Yeah I understand, the pictures of my work on it was posted earlier. Keep up the good work Bro. Best of luck[/quote]tank bro, how does d manual work cos av not com across d manual machine
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by Godspikin: 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2017
forgiveness:

Bros, how much is the machine and where did you buy it?

You can get a cheaper machine here.... https://www.nairaland.com/2812399/red-brick-making-machine-sale

The major challenge facing the acceptability of this technology is still high cost of production of the brick, it is expected to be a low cost option but the hydraform machine from South Africa is very expensive. The machine in the link above is locally fabricated and gives very awesome performance and relatively very cheap.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by Godspikin: 8:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
The Machine and its Product

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by forgiveness: 7:59am On Jan 27, 2017
Godspikin:

You can get a cheaper machine here.... https://www.nairaland.com/2812399/red-brick-making-machine-sale

The major challenge facing the acceptability of this technology is still high cost of production of the brick, it is expected to be a low cost option but the hydraform machine from South Africa is very expensive. The machine in the link above is locally fabricated and gives very awesome performance and relatively very cheap.

Ok, thanks.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by akenzua74: 6:35am On Feb 04, 2017
Please am interested in this interlocking bricks, need more explanation, I am planning to do some fencing in an estate of about 1.5acres, 15,000square meters. We can do business if yours will be cheaper, thanks. 08027345555. Whatspp only.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by laudate: 2:06am On Feb 22, 2017
Price of cement has gone up again, and everyone is looking for alternatives. Someone posted this remark on another thread. sad It got me thinking.

AnonyNymous:
If you get sense you go buy land, use am build house. Your financial advisers talk say make you leave the money, e be like say them no dey naija. When $1 = N1000,/then you will know what you have lost. You can build a very comfortable nice house using laterite bricks with that 5m and the worth will skyrocket in the next 5 years. Even if you're not going to live inside it.
I want to know if this chap's estimate of 5 million will cover the building of a 3-bedroom bungalow, using stabilised laterite bricks. Where is waldigit, Godspikin, Adenle041, please? cool

sureway1:
Op are you aware of this flaw?

When it rains water enters the apartment via the contact made between bricks.
So what is the solution to this problem? Can anyone give concrete and tested info., on how to prevent this from happening?

jojoki:
I used the Hydroform Bricks materials for a clinic construction like 3 years ago. It was a wonderful experience then
Are those the pictures of the clinic? Wow! Nice!! cheesy Can you kindly give a rough estimate of the budget spent on the building then? We can adjust for inflation and run the current numbers, to see if it beats using the wet construction method. What was your experience on site, using these laterite bricks?

mynd44, lalasticlala can we move this to the front page? We need to brainstorm on alternative building materials.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by Godspikin: 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2017
laudate:
Price of cement has gone up again, and everyone is looking for alternatives. Someone posted this remark on another thread. sad It got me thinking.

I want to know if this chap's estimate of 5 million will cover the building of a 3-bedroom bungalow, using stabilised laterite bricks. Where is waldigit, Godspikin, Adenle041, please? cool

So what is the solution to this problem? Can anyone give concrete and tested info., on how to prevent this from happening?

Are those the pictures of the clinic? Wow! Nice!! cheesy Can you kindly give a rough estimate of the budget spent on the building then? We can adjust for inflation and run the current numbers, to see if it beats using the wet construction method. What was your experience on site, using these laterite bricks?

mynd44, lalasticlala can we move this to the front page? We need to brainstorm on alternative building materials.

About the issue of water going into the building... that is not possible with our bricks because it has deeper groove than the bricks produced with the hydraform machine from South Africa, this is so because challenges and experience has helped us in redesigning and we are still hoping to improve on what we have presently...

Depper grooves ensures more interlocked setting, which makes it difficult or rather impossible for such to happen....

See grooves on our brick and compare with the common one and image of building below...

1 Like

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by laudate: 4:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
Godspikin:
About the issue of water going into the building... that is not possible with our bricks because it has deeper groove than the bricks produced with the hydraform machine from South Africa, this is so because challenges and experience has helped us in redesigning and we are still hoping to improve on what we have presently...

Depper grooves ensures more interlocked setting, which makes it difficult or rather impossible for such to happen....

See grooves on brick and image of building below...

How much are your bricks presently? And how many of your bricks would be equal in size to a 9-inch normal sandcrete block? cheesy

If there is no laterite at the project site, can you make the blocks at your own end and deliver to the site?
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by Godspikin: 4:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
laudate:

How much are your bricks presently? And how many of your bricks would be equal in size to a 9-inch normal sandcrete block? cheesy

If there is no laterite at the project site, can you make the blocks at your own end and deliver to the site?

Let us discuss on WhatsApp sir, my number is +2347039027418.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by laudate: 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
Godspikin:
Let us discuss on WhatsApp sir, my number is +2347039027418.

Ok, thanks. Will be back in town next week and will give you a call. cheesy
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by Allikola(m): 9:23pm On Apr 26, 2018
I need fairly used Bolyn Construction mould Machine. Like the one in diagram below.

Seller can contact me on

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by waldigit: 11:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
The Project so far. We are in Plastering and Sealing finishing stage.

1 Like

Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by lobell: 11:17am On Jul 30, 2018
waldigit:
The Project so far
No pictures?
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by waldigit: 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
lobell:

No pictures?
Sorry about that. the platform failed to execute the upload.Not worry I will work on the pics and reload shortly.
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by waldigit: 7:16am On Jul 31, 2018
lobell:

No pictures?
Re: Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos) by waldigit: 7:16am On Jul 31, 2018
lobell:

No pictures?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / Frustrated Tenants Print Poster For Their Landlord / Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.