Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. (1016 Views)

New ATM Scam Alert Fraudsters Use And Can Put You In Serious Trouble / Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by chrisxxx(m): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
I received as usual a text message about my ATM card being deactivated due to system upgrade. I knew it was fraudulent. I had some credit to waste thanks to MTN bonus. My aim was to know what information they might require from their would-be victim. The guy tried to know where I was. I replied Lagos. My position is truly about 800km away from Lagos. He asked about my bank, I would have interjected normally. But I had to flow along as I told him Eco Bank. I have no account with Eco Bank. He asked about my card type which I told him Master Card. Meanwhile he had told me he was the Customer Service Officer of Eco Bank immediately I told him my bank was Eco Bank. He was very incoherent with the mention of his name. I never cared about that because I wanted to know the secret of these messages flying round.
He asked me my last withdrawal with the card. I had to aim high as I mentioned #100000.00(One hundred thousand). He followed this by asking what my balance was. I told him to allow me check as I did not have it offhand. This was just to form seriousness and to give him an impression a 'Mugu' has been caught. After a while I called back and told him #3600200(Three million six hundred thousand Two Hundred Naira). I sensed he lost balance. He then said I should look at the back of my card and read out the digits on it. I gave him 9682733728385368. He said I should reverse it and I would find another number. I remembered I used to see 3 digits number on my card. I pretended to be finding it difficult and dropped the call. To show his curiousness he called me back. I then told him 157 as the number behind it. Surprisingly he asked for my ATM password, which I liberally gave to him.
Even from my end I could sense the sudden ecstasy in his words.
He told me finally, I would soon receive alert. I told him I would be glad to have the ATM deactivated as I had been finding it difficult to withdraw.
Soon after he called back to say that the information seemed wrong. I told him he would have known if he had used his phone pad to decode the 16 digits number I sent to him. I then told him if he had a phone that has alphabet and numerals etched on the pad he would have decoded that 9682733728385368 directly translates to YOUAREFRAUDULENT.
He dropped the call immediately and has refused to pick my call after then.
Please guys the height of all this is to educate you as well on the information they may require from you. I am glad I know it now.

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by Swissheart(f): 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lol cool
Re: My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by hemartins(m): 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lol

Anytime this 419ners call me, I don't hang up on them. I play along till I'm satisfied they have exhausted enough air time.
Re: My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by Mekurexx: 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2016
Very interesting writeup. That was how one called me that he is my uncle from Jos, that if I was interested in joining Civil Defence. Lmao scammers are bringing up new tactics every day. It will only take someone who is silly and maybe gullible to fall for those crap shocked
Re: My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by jopretty(f): 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hahahahaaa, op you even had the time to share that "information" with him. What I do now once I call their number is to insult the hell out of them and drop the call. Shikena!
Re: My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by Alexandro15: 1:14am On Jun 04, 2016
Lol...Op you funny sha. If na me I go continue dey give am wrong pin until I finish the guy credit
Re: My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by chriskosherbal(m): 2:57am On Jun 04, 2016
You were smarter than him.
Re: My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by nanauju(f): 10:31am On Jun 04, 2016
Thanks for the tip op
Re: My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by MrJah(m): 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
You should have dropped the number he called with here.
Re: My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by Artistree: 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
At about 3pm yesterday, I got the same fraudulent sms from 08149202135, asking me to call 07039676382 and my immediate reply was "your father, I repeat am, your father"
Re: My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by chrisxxx(m): 9:13am On Jun 06, 2016
Artistree:
At about 3pm yesterday, I got the same fraudulent sms from 08149202135, asking me to call 07039676382 and my immediate reply was "your father, I repeat am, your father"
Hahahahahahahahah. Bros I am rolling on the floor. Can u pls ask me to stand up?
Re: My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by Artistree: 10:42am On Jun 07, 2016
chrisxxx:

Hahahahahahahahah. Bros I am rolling on the floor. Can u pls ask me to stand up?
Pls stand up and dust ur body...
Re: My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 07, 2016
Op u sef na bad guy. It's either you a street man or a scammer. I encounter them all the time and even chop 5k from one particular one. I don't just know how those modafuckas always know when someone get small change for inside account. That's when they normal test you to see if you have used ur brain to buy one cup of rice and pepper cheesy
Re: My Encounter With ATM Alert Fraudsters. by chrisxxx(m): 12:01pm On Jun 07, 2016
Stelvin101:
Op u sef na bad guy. It's either you a street man or a scammer. I encounter them all the time and even chop 5k from one particular one. I don't just know how those modafuckas always know when someone get small change for inside account. That's when they normal test you to see if you have used ur brain to buy one cup of rice and pepper cheesy
Bros I am streetwise ooooo. I attended a public secondary school as well as university. This makes me a Nigerian through and through.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Prays For Her Son To Die, What Happened Next Will Melt Your Heart (photo) / How I Was Robbed On My Way To Fuotuoke By Soldiers and there Message To Buhari / Attention Please!!! Missing Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.