Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Need Help Choosing A Host - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Help Choosing A Host (704 Views)

3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche / Factors To Consider When Choosing A Host Service Provider. / Need Help Choosing A Very Reliable Webhost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help Choosing A Host by lorladeh(f): 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2009
I have been searching d web for a while nw and from my search results justhost.com happen to be no1 or no2 on every top ten ranking and they also happen to be the best forum host for 2008, but as I started searching for reviews abt them on the web, I found anoda thing entirely.Pple say dey r bad n stuf.1 out of 30 said they are gud.Pls I need your help, what good host wuld u recommend cos I heard GoDaddy isnt so gud too
Re: Need Help Choosing A Host by hermawan: 7:42am On Sep 15, 2009
Have you decide?
Re: Need Help Choosing A Host by inf8nity(m): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2009
Yeah update us if you've found any.
Re: Need Help Choosing A Host by Don4life: 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2009
use utiware.net
Re: Need Help Choosing A Host by ztyle(m): 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2009
As for me i don't cash 4 hosting, so i use www.50webs.com - NO FORCE BANNER! wink
Why i buy domain name somewhere else.
No free hosting company in NIGERIA, so try 50webs.
Re: Need Help Choosing A Host by kolitos007: 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2009
Best hosting is rackspace, godaddy is useless, however, they cost a lot of money though, they build the server to your specification so you will have to telll them what you want before you know the cost. Great customer service too, like I said before, it depends on how much you want to pay
Re: Need Help Choosing A Host by inf8nity(m): 5:21am On Sep 17, 2009
Best hosting is rackspace, godaddy is useless,

Amen to that at least for once someone agrees with me!
Re: Need Help Choosing A Host by tundejayz: 5:27am On Sep 17, 2009
why are they useless ,is syskay.com useful
Re: Need Help Choosing A Host by inf8nity(m): 5:42am On Sep 17, 2009
I have hosted a website with them and it was 60% down. their servers are slow too. Your site will take ages to load. One thing they attract you with is their aggressive advertising on selling the cheapest domains but don't fall for them.

I can't say much about syskay.com but i haven't seen any bad reviews about them. Why don't you try them then tell us? grin
Re: Need Help Choosing A Host by tundejayz: 5:54am On Sep 17, 2009
u are funny ,i use them check this out
http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/tophosts/Country/NG
Re: Need Help Choosing A Host by kolitos007: 7:20am On Sep 17, 2009
inf8nity:

I have hosted a website with them and it was 60% down. their servers are slow too. Your site will take ages to load. One thing they attract you with is their aggressive advertising on selling the cheapest domains but don't fall for them.

I can't say much about syskay.com but i haven't seen any bad reviews about them. Why don't you try them then tell us? grin
Well said, I think its the fact that they offer cheap service that's why, maybe they have taken more than they can actually chew, as for syskay.com, never heard of them, tried to go on the website, but my anti-virus the site has got malware - software, so I ain't risking it.
Re: Need Help Choosing A Host by tundejayz: 2:02pm On Sep 17, 2009
a website i have been using for years to host my clients,i have more than 15 website i am hosting using syskay , infinity please check your computer that antivirus get as he be, do you use avg?
Re: Need Help Choosing A Host by veetubes: 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2009
check this site, they have a comprehensive good review of web hosting and discount coupon code
http://www.webhostingng.com/
Re: Need Help Choosing A Host by kolitos007: 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2009
tundejayz:

a website i have been using for years to host my clients,i have more than 15 website i am hosting using syskay , infinity please check your computer that antivirus get as he be, do you use avg?

Well I was the one that said my anti virus warned me, malware does not actually mean that it will affect your PC, I use bitdefender, if you want to find out about it go to http://www.2009antivirusnews.com/default.aspx?Refer=8Av&Keyword=EbestSantivirus you will see.

My point is all hosting companies, they all have faults, and it all depends on how good you are administrating your server, I know of people using fasthost, they have got the worse reviews you can ever think of, but people I know using it say its ok, you like the saying goes another man's food is another man's poison.

So I dont' know who sysky is, I have never heard of them before so can't say if they are good or not, I can't find out much info about them neither thats all, left to me rackspace is number 1, like I said may not be cheap, but they are good.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Deleting My Post / Any Bulk Sms In Nigeria That Accept Credit Card Payment? / We Need The Services Of Good Website Builder !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.