Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche (21665 Views)

How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site / Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask / 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by Julius2214(m): 11:03am On Nov 04, 2015
If you're wondering what a niche is,a niche is a particularly focused topic which you want to blog about. Your niche may be on sport, health, fashion, entertainment, news, etc.

The blogging arena is now being populated. More people are becoming bloggers everyday. Most people are into blogging because they want to make quick money and buy their own Banana Island mansion. lol. So they just rush into it and start copy and pasting. Blogging is more than that. Don't believe otherwise.

Not choosing the right niche is the biggest mistake starters make. Have you ever felt like giving up on your blog? That's probably because you chose the wrong niche. You should be passionate about what you've chosen to write/blog about.

Though, it is true that your chosen niche is something you're passionate about, something you have a wide knowledge about, but you should know that some niche monetize better than others. Yes monetization should be part of your consideration in choosing a niche.

How then do you choose a niche?

How do you know which one is best for you? Read on.

Ask yourself these 3 questions before choosing a niche.

[size=13pt]1. What are you interested in and can write very well about?[/size]

Everyone has things they love. It may be pets, gardening, cycling, painting, taking pictures (creative pictures) etc.

Just find that particular thing you're interested in and have a wide knowledge about. If you're interested in personal fitness, you know a lot of exercises to keep people fit or you can train people on how to keep fit. Then you have your niche. Asking yourself this first question, you should have a few niches to choose from unless you're not interested in anything, which i don't think is possible.

[size=13pt]2. Are other people interested in them?[/size]

You are writing for people to read them, so it is very important to know if people are interested in the topic or not.

let's say for example, you're interested in circling, you love riding bicycle, you know all about the technical aspect, the chains, tires, pedals, and you can write very well about them. Now tell me, you think Nigerians are interested? You think you'll get visitors? I don't think so. maybe one or two.

So knowing people's interests is a vital consideration in choosing a niche.

You can use Google Adwords keyword planner to do a research on how much people are interested in a keyword related to your niche. I'll be writing more on that in my next post. Watch out!!!

[size=13pt]3. Can you monetize your chosen niche?[/size]

This one is very important if you plan to make money from your blog which I think everybody does including me.

If anything can be bought related to your niche, then you can make money from your blog. i.e If you're a tech blogger, tech products are related to your niche and can be bought online. If you're a health blogger, health products are related to your niche and can be bought online. If you're a fashion blogger, cloths, shoes, bags and many fashion products are related to your niche and can be bought online.

You'll be able to find an affiliate program where these things can be bought from. You can join Konga Affiliate Program or Jumia Affiliate Program. There are also few affiliate programs that accepts Nigerians. Amazon is one of them.

http://bloggingplan.com/3-questions-you-must-ask-yourself-before-choosing-a-niche/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by damton(m): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
FTC.
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by Trailblazer1(m): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
grin
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by fixa(m): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
tongue niche koh nicky minaj ni.

8 Likes

Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by kulobyno: 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ok
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by xender(m): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
Kay Kay Kay Kay Kay .
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ok
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by money121(m): 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by GentleYoung(m): 2:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ok
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by MadCow1: 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
What is a niche
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by yomalex(m): 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
Blogging united
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by Naff24(f): 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
damton:
FTC.
Your account has been credited

3 Likes

Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by isblog(m): 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nice write up
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by Jjrhymez(m): 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
OK....... a plot of land for sale or in exchange for a ministerial slot.
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by omotolani22(f): 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2015
Sorry not †̥ derail.I just need help.Hello all,good afternoon.pls I forgot my C8 unlock pattern,I have tried so many times but not working.pls what can I do?thanks for your urgent responses.pls note that I'm at d 150th attempt now and its not giving me d option of signing in with gmail.do I continue till it gives me that option?pls help
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by Bigdreams(m): 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2015
MadCow1:
What is a niche

A niche loosely means a section, an area of interest, a particular market or industry you want to venture into.

Have you read Business Sense For Bulk SMS Business?

Click https://www.nairaland.com/2647784/business-sense-bulk-sms-business to read now.
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by RexTramadol1: 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
Piniche.......m out
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by Bigdreams(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
omotolani22:
Sorry not †̥ derail.I just need help.Hello all,good afternoon.pls I forgot my C8 unlock pattern,I have tried so many times but not working.pls what can I do?thanks for your urgent responses.pls note that I'm at d 150th attempt now and its not giving me d option of signing in with gmail.do I continue till it gives me that option?pls help

Hi,

I advice you visit the Phones or Computer section.

You'll find people to help you out there.

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by olanreyman(m): 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
What is a niche?? ?
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by sanandreas(m): 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
What most bloggers do is copy and paste. They don't sit down and write good articles.
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by tosyne2much(m): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2015
Well said cool
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by GreatManBee: 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
Julius2214:
If you're wondering what a niche is,a niche is a particularly focused topic which you want to blog about. Your niche may be on sport, health, fashion, entertainment, news, etc.

The blogging arena is now being populated. More people are becoming bloggers everyday. Most people are into blogging because they want to make quick money and buy their own Banana Island mansion. lol. So they just rush into it and start copy and pasting. Blogging is more than that. Don't believe otherwise.

Not choosing the right niche is the biggest mistake starters make. Have you ever felt like giving up on your blog? That's probably because you chose the wrong niche. You should be passionate about what you've chosen to write/blog about.

Though, it is true that your chosen niche is something you're passionate about, something you have a wide knowledge about, but you should know that some niche monetize better than others. Yes monetization should be part of your consideration in choosing a niche.

How then do you choose a niche?

How do you know which one is best for you? Read on.

Ask yourself these 3 questions before choosing a niche.

[size=13pt]1. What are you interested in and can write very well about?[/size]

Everyone has things they love. It may be pets, gardening, cycling, painting, taking pictures (creative pictures) etc.

Just find that particular thing you're interested in and have a wide knowledge about. If you're interested in personal fitness, you know a lot of exercises to keep people fit or you can train people on how to keep fit. Then you have your niche. Asking yourself this first question, you should have a few niches to choose from unless you're not interested in anything, which i don't think is possible.

[size=13pt]2. Are other people interested in them?[/size]

You are writing for people to read them, so it is very important to know if people are interested in the topic or not.

let's say for example, you're interested in circling, you love riding bicycle, you know all about the technical aspect, the chains, tires, pedals, and you can write very well about them. Now tell me, you think Nigerians are interested? You think you'll get visitors? I don't think so. maybe one or two.

So knowing people's interests is a vital consideration in choosing a niche.

You can use Google Adwords keyword planner to do a research on how much people are interested in a keyword related to your niche. I'll be writing more on that in my next post. Watch out!!!

[size=13pt]3. Can you monetize your chosen niche?[/size]

This one is very important if you plan to make money from your blog which I think everybody does including me.

If anything can be bought related to your niche, then you can make money from your blog. i.e If you're a tech blogger, tech products are related to your niche and can be bought online. If you're a health blogger, health products are related to your niche and can be bought online. If you're a fashion blogger, cloths, shoes, bags and many fashion products are related to your niche and can be bought online.

You'll be able to find an affiliate program where these things can be bought from. You can join Konga Affiliate Program or Jumia Affiliate Program. There are also few affiliate programs that accepts Nigerians. Amazon is one of them.

http://bloggingplan.com/3-questions-you-must-ask-yourself-before-choosing-a-niche/
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by dollaflow(m): 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
Contact 08062910669 for ur affordable data plan

Mtn, glo, Etisalat and airtell data bundle still available at an affordable price
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by j4sure(m): 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
ok now .Noted Atigbo niseyin
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by kristop4all(m): 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
MadCow1:
What is a niche
A niche is a kind of food dat makes u grow fat... grin
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by hahn(m): 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
MadCow1:
What is a niche

a niche is a particularly focused topic which you want to blog about. Your niche may be on sport, health, fashion, entertainment, news, etc.
Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by MadCow1: 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
Bigdreams:

A niche loosely means a section, an area of interest, a particular market or industry you want to venture into.

Have you read Business Sense For Bulk SMS Business?

Click https://www.nairaland.com/2647784/business-sense-bulk-sms-business to read now.

Thanks..

Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by AutoCarTracker(m): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
good, makes quite some sense now

Re: 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche by MadCow1: 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
kristop4all:
A niche is a kind of food dat makes u grow fat... grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Submit Your Url For Review, And Get Quality Backlinks Here / Cloudflare Servers Develop Problem: Many Websites, Services Went Offline / Paul Allen, Microsoft Co-Founder Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.