Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds (2191 Views)

Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! / Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. / Please Help, I'm Growing Bald At 23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by Lordmykel(m): 6:08am On Jun 03, 2016
I am so obsessed with my weight but it does not affect me physically. i am lean (I didn't want to use "slim" because it sounds better) and i'll be 19 by ending of July.
Anyone who sees me will conclude I do not eat much because of my size but thats not true, I eat alot.
Even now my Grand Mom complains she needs to cook my meals in a different pot.

The truth is, I am not always hungry but I never get sartisfied, I replaced my plate with a small plastic basin and still dont get sartisfied when I eat. embarassed

I weigh 67kg thats about 147pounds, I weigh more than most of my older family members example my Aunt who is 46 years weighs 60kg and she is plump.

I also have a friend and mate who lifts weight alot but he is only 45kg.

I am just worried, I wonder if there is something wrong with me because i am bonny, skinny, fleshless but weighs more than people with reasonable amount of flesh. embarassed

sorry i forgot to add i'm six feet, two inches 6'2" tall quite taller than my mates and friends, this is not the problem is it?

Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 03, 2016
No height listed, no picture shown. Easy to disregard.
Enjoy your weight, way better to stay underweight than overweight. Take it from me, I've been on both ends of the spectrum.

1 Like

Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by Lordmykel(m): 6:44am On Jun 03, 2016
charix:
No height listed, no picture shown. Easy to disregard.
Enjoy your weight, way better to stay underweight than overweight. Take it from me, I've been on both ends of the spectrum.
Edited..

Could height contribute to weight, i mean too much weight? Thanks, i'll love to know how you lost your weight
Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by GogetterMD(m): 6:53am On Jun 03, 2016
Op, there are 2 things involved. Your weight could be normal for your height due to your high bone density (what's your age by the way), or you could be producing excessive growth hormone from your pituitary gland. Now the former is not a problem, but the latter, you see, could be a problem.

Whichever ways, your height is cool, and from your pix, seems you might still grow more. Have you considered taking up a career in basketball?

1 Like

Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by whirlwind7(m): 7:17am On Jun 03, 2016
You have nothing to worry about.

Your weight in relation with your height, is not excessive. Calculating your BMI should put you at ease.

Not entirely sure, but I can bet your BMI is below 20.
A BMI of 25 and above is considered overweight.

Modified: I was right afterall. I calculated your BMI based on the information you gave (weight: 67kg, height: 6ft 2" )
It came out as 18.9 kg/m2

Just maintain a healthy lifestyle. Adequate physical activities with lots of hydration. At age 19, you are still bound to add a few more inches before you stop growing.

1 Like

Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by IRserveMyComent(f): 7:19am On Jun 03, 2016
Your height and bone mass are contributory factors to why you weigh that much. Minimize your food intake no matter how you crave for more. Try going for gyms so your bone structures would take good shape. Venture in the athletics you will be glad you did.

1 Like

Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by Lordmykel(m): 7:25am On Jun 03, 2016
GogetterMD:
Op, there are 2 things involved. Your weight could be normal for your height due to your high bone density (what's your age by the way), or you could be producing excessive growth hormone from your pituitary gland. Now the former is not a problem, but the latter, you see, could be a problem.

Whichever ways, your height is cool, and from your pix, seems you might still grow more. Have you considered taking up a career in basketball?
Thanks alot, i'll be 19 in two months time. Lets say i'm 19 already.

No sir, basketsball? i have not thought of it, all i'm fighting for now is to get into a tertiary institution, maybe when i'm in already i'll think of basketball. And i do not realy have a thing for sports.
i'll like to know about the relationship between bone density and age and so the more the growth homone is being produced the more weight i gain but i still lack mass.

Thank you very much for your contribution.
Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by Lordmykel(m): 7:41am On Jun 03, 2016
whirlwind7:

Modified: I was right afterall. I calculated your BMI based on the information you gave (weight: 67kg, height: 6ft 2" )
It came out as 18.9 kg/m2

Just maintain a healthy lifestyle. Adequate physical activities with lots of hydration. At age 19, you are still bound to add a few more inches before you stop growing.
Thank you very much, i realy appreciate your contribution. I think i'm relieved
Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by Lordmykel(m): 7:42am On Jun 03, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
Your height and bone mass are contributory factors to why you weigh that much. Minimize your food intake no matter how you crave for more. Try going for gyms so your bone structures would take good shape. Venture in the athletics you will be glad you did.
thank you very much, i realy appreciate.
Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by GogetterMD(m): 8:01am On Jun 03, 2016
Lordmykel:
Thanks alot, i'll be 19 in two months time. Lets say i'm 19 already.

No sir, basketsball? i have not thought of it, all i'm fighting for now is to get into a tertiary institution, maybe when i'm in already i'll think of basketball. And i do not realy have a thing for sports.
i'll like to know about the relationship between bone density and age and so the more the growth homone is being produced the more weight i gain but i still lack mass.

Thank you very much for your contribution.
Sure, basketball has to go along with college. That's only when the big players take you serious
Growth hormone is an hormone produced on the pituitary gland that produces vertical growth mostly (adds to your height)
Other hormones are there also that contribute

1 Like

Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2016
Lordmykel:
Edited..

Could height contribute to weight, i mean too much weight?
No. I only needed your height to know if it matched up with your weight. If you didn't post a picture I would've used the height and weight to draw a mental picture to determine if you truly were underweight for your stature.

Thanks, i'll love to know how you lost your weight
There's no need, you don't need it. It was rigorous exercise daily.

Looking at your picture I don't see anything wrong. As the years go by you'd slowly fill in your frame. For now enjoy being skinny.

1 Like

Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by lilmizwierd(f): 11:25am On Jul 26, 2016
Its normal for people born on ya birthday to be skinny
Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by muscleunited(m): 4:21am On Jul 27, 2016
You can use weight gainers if you are bent on gaining weight..i use serious mass i would suggest..gives about 1000 calories in one serving.
you would add as much as 7 kg in a month... i weight 102... muscle weight though

Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by StennyB(f): 7:19am On Dec 21, 2016
Lordmykel:
I am so obsessed with my weight but it does not affect me physically. i am lean (I didn't want to use "slim" because it sounds better) and i'll be 19 by ending of July.
Anyone who sees me will conclude I do not eat much because of my size but thats not true, I eat alot.
Even now my Grand Mom complains she needs to cook my meals in a different pot.

The truth is, I am not always hungry but I never get sartisfied, I replaced my plate with a small plastic basin and still dont get sartisfied when I eat. embarassed

I weigh 67kg thats about 147pounds, I weigh more than most of my older family members example my Aunt who is 46 years weighs 60kg and she is plump.

I also have a friend and mate who lifts weight alot but he is only 45kg.

I am just worried, I wonder if there is something wrong with me because i am bonny, skinny, fleshless but weighs more than people with reasonable amount of flesh. embarassed

sorry i forgot to add i'm six feet, two inches 6'2" tall quite taller than my mates and friends, this is not the problem is it?
okay that's basically it. You're tall. And taller people have longer and sometimes denser bones. Don't wory too much. I'm 5'7" and I weigh 130pounds.

1 Like

Re: Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds by Lordmykel(m): 1:30am On Dec 30, 2016
StennyB:
okay that's basically it. You're tall. And taller people have longer and sometimes denser bones. Don't wory too much. I'm 5'7" and I weigh 130pounds.
thank you, i appreciate this

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jigsimur Health Drink / An Ethiopian Woman Who Stays Without Food And Water For Over 16yrs. / The Rage Of Local Sexual Enhancers…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.