Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Where Is The World Heading To? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is The World Heading To? (2346 Views)

Picture Of A Nairalander Heading For Church To Praise Her Creator / Christian Belief In Nigeria, Where Is It Heading To With More Churches / Which Door Are U Heading To? Hell Or Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The World Heading To? by coolstuff4real(m): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2005
People with all the devastations all around the world, earthquakes, islamic jihad suicide terrors, hurricanes, Iran's plans to use nuclear weapons against ememies, advances in technology thats bringing the us closer everyday, incurable sickness and diseases, Israel-Palestine Conflict, where is the world heading to? here are some informations i can across that i want to share what do you all think about? Are the bible prophesies coming to pass in our time, then what should we do about it?
http://thekingiscoming.com/Pnl/2005/200510/page1.htm
http://thekingiscoming.com/Pnl/2005/200510/page2.htm
http://thekingiscoming.com/Pnl/2005/200510/page3.htm
http://thekingiscoming.com/Pnl/2005/200510/page4.htm
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by goodguy(m): 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2005
We're approaching the end time. smiley
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by nferyn(m): 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2005
Think about the all the previous centuries after the death of Christ. They have been saying this over and over again, with as many, if not more circumstantial evidence to prove their point.

And wasn't it prophecised that:
"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled" Matthew 24:34 (the end times)
"And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power." Mark 9:1

It still hasn't happened
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by ijebuman(m): 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2005
coolstuff4real:

People with all the devastations all around the world, earthquakes, islamic jihad suicide terrors, hurricanes, Iran's plans to use nuclear weapons against ememies, advances in technology thats bringing the us closer everyday, incurable sickness and diseases, Israel-Palestine Conflict, where is the world heading to? here are some informations i can across that i want to share what do you all think about?
Are the bible prophesies coming to pass in our time, then what should we do about it?

earthquakes, hurricanes
been happening since the begining of time, the mountains, volcanoes and the earth's natural features were created by these forces

islamic jihad suicide terrors
Islamic terrorists are just the latest in a long line of groups/people who have used this method of 'warfare'. From the Japanese kamikaze fighers to the tamil tigers. Even in Biblical times Samson killed himself in order to kill as many Philistines as possible.

Iran's plans to use nuclear weapons against enemies
They haven't even created the bombs yet, but wait a minute The US did use nuclear weapons twice on Japan during WW2 and the expected apocalypse did not happen

advances in technology thats bringing the us closer everyday
Since early man discovered fire, technology has always been with us and has continued to allow man to conquer and expand his environment.

incurable sickness and diseases
Most diseases started out as been incurable before someone eventually finds a cure or people develop immunity to it

Israel-Palestine Conflict
They've been killing themselves in that part of the world since biblical times (see old testament)

so the answer to your question about where the world is heading,? the same place it has always been heading since the begining of time...
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by coolstuff4real(m): 10:24am On Nov 22, 2005
It's easy to believe that "the end of this age of grace is near." Indeed, the Bible refers to this age in which we're living as "the last days." The times described in II Timothy 3:1-5 certainly sound like Planet Earth circa the 1990's - "This know, also, that in the last days perilous times shall come, for men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God, having a form of godliness, but denying the power of it; from such turn away."

And Jesus' own words, as chronicled in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 17 & 21, leave no doubt that we are living at the very threshold of cataclysmic change. We're told to watch for certain signs of the times: the advent of false prophets and widespread religious deception, international upheaval, an increase in great earthquakes, an onslaught of devastating plagues and famines and strange phenomena in the heavens and changing global weather patterns.

One hardly needs to be a Bible scholar or student of prophecy to see these signs in our world today. Just pick up your daily newspaper or turn on the television news! The evidence is all around us.
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by ijebuman(m): 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2005
coolstuff4real:

It's easy to believe that "the end of this age of grace is near." Indeed, the Bible refers to this age in which we're living as "the last days." The times described in II Timothy 3:1-5 certainly sound like Planet Earth circa the 1990's - "This know, also, that in the last days perilous times shall come, for men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God, having a form of godliness, but denying the power of it; from such turn away."

All the behaviours you mentioned has always been exhibited by mankind since the dawn of time. Even the Bible has ample evidence of this.

coolstuff4real:

One hardly needs to be a Bible scholar or student of prophecy to see these signs in our world today. Just pick up your daily newspaper or turn on the television news! The evidence is all around us.

The only reason why the evidence is all around us is that we have access to so much information because of the internet and 24 hour news stations. If something happens in the world today it is flashed around the world within minutes.

think of all the major disasters that have happened in the last 1000 years and what the people who lived during those times would have thought

Here's a brief list of such disasters (you can do a search on Google to get this info and more)

Athens, 430 B.C.: Typhus epidemic
Pompei, 79: Volcanic eruption
Antioch, Syria, 526: Earthquake (250,000 dead)
Costantinopole, 542: Bubonic plague
Beirut, Lebanon, 551: earthquake and tsunami (tens of thousands dead)
Japan, 1181: famine (100,000 dead)
Holland, 1228: sea flood (100,000 dead)
Chihli, China, 1290: Earthquake (100,000 dead)
Europe and Asia, 1346-52: Bubonic plague or "black death" (one third of the European population dead plus millions in Asia and North Africa for a total of 25 million)
Shensi, China, 1556: earthquake (800,000 dead)
Napoli, Italy, 1631: Mt Vesuvius erupts (3,000 dead)
Havana, 1648: Yellow fever epidemic
Sevilla, Spain, 1649: Plague (80,000 dead)
Turkey, 1668: earthquake (8,000 dead)
Hokkaido, 1730: Earthquake (140,000 dead)
Lisbon, 1755: earthquake and tsunami (30,000 dead)
Calcutta, 1737: Earthquake (300,000 dead)
Bengal, India, 1769: famine (10 million dead)
India, 1775: Tsunami (60,000 dead)
Northamerica, 1775-82: Smallpox (130,000 dead)
Iran, 1780: earthquake (200,000 dead)
Caribbeans, 1780: Hurricane (22,000 dead)
Philadelphia, 1793: Yellow fever epidemic (5,000 dead)
Sumbawa, Indonesia, 1815: Mt Tambora erupts (90,000 dead)
Japan, 1826: Tsunami (27,000 dead)
Cairo, 1831: Cholera epidemic, which spreads to London
London and Paris, 1832: Cholera epidemic (25,000 dead)
Ireland, 1845: famine (one million dead)
Mapoli, Italy, 1857: earthquake (11,000 dead)
India, 1864: Cyclone (70,000 dead)
France, 1870-71: Smallpox (500,000 dead)

And this are just the ones recorded....
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by goodguy(m): 10:56pm On Nov 22, 2005
All u've listed are just natural disasters. We're talking of various man-made mishaps that have befallen men. I'll advice you read the book of revelations. Though so many of these things happened in the past, we are now seeing more of it today. What does that tell us? - The end time is drawing near.
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by nferyn(m): 11:05pm On Nov 22, 2005
goodguy:

All u've listed are just natural disasters. We're talking of various man-made mishaps that have befallen men. I'll advice you read the book of revelations. Though so many of these things happened in the past, we are now seeing more of it today. What does that tell us? - The end time is drawing near.

First, please sum up all these man made mishaps?
Second, we will compare them to man made mishaps in the past, normalising for populations size, so that we can look at their relative weight in a historical context
Third, we'll look at whether or not that ratio is increasing today, both in absolute and in relative terms

Then, and only then can you make a valid comparison.
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by ijebuman(m): 11:07pm On Nov 22, 2005
goodguy:

you want man-made mishaps that have befallen men, here's a list of wars started by men where thousands have perished over the past 1000 years -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars

If you need more facts i'm willing to provide them  smiley
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by ijebuman(m): 11:24pm On Nov 22, 2005
@@nferyn
..we will compare them to man made mishaps in the past, normalising for populations size, so that we can look at their relative weight in a historical context

smiley rofl that is so funny man

For those into the whole apocalypse thing, stumbled on this site http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm don't know who owns it/or their agenda but it makes for an interesting read...
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by goodguy(m): 11:29pm On Nov 22, 2005
Sorry I used the word "mishap". What I really meant is that so many things prophesied to happen in the end time are being manifested today. Examples:

Nations rising up against nations...
More and more weapons of mass destruction being invented..
False prophets arising...
People will start claiming to be God...
The whole world will start spending a common currency... (This is already taking place gradually)
And lots more.. wink

All these are signs that show that we are already in the end time.
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by nferyn(m): 11:36pm On Nov 22, 2005
@ goodguy

Can you give a precise and concise overview of what you want to look at, not just general statements. You cannot possibly make any comparisons based on this

Once more, what you've been summing up has happened continuously since Biblical times.

Can't you explain why the precise prophecies I mentioned before did not happen?
"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled" Matthew 24:34 (the end times)
"And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power." Mark 9:1
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by ijebuman(m): 11:48pm On Nov 22, 2005
@goodguy you're so funny, really enjoying your posts grin

The whole world will start spending a common currency... (This is already taking place gradually)

Please tell me what currency this is? is this the Euro, Dollar or the Chinese Yuan
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by RhodaRose(f): 9:03am On Nov 23, 2005
This was said
think of all the major disasters that have happened in the last 1000 years and what the people who lived during those times would have thought

Here's a brief list of such disasters (you can do a search on Google to get this info and more)

......long list of "natural" and "man made" disasters, etc.  and mention in other post of these either being cause by God or man...

It is well documented that many "diseases" are intentional to "thin out" population.  As is wars, bombings, airplane crashes (even those who hit high Towers) and many horrible things that have happened in the last 100 or so years.

Also, don't be so quick to blame "natural" disasters on God unless you have studied the use of Haarp located in Alaska  (and I hear there is a twin likeness in Russia/Siberria...? )

Search engine brought these up but there are many more

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/cam.fcgi

http://www.earthpulse.com/src/category.asp?catid=1

http://www.bblc.tv/1/haarp.pdf

http://www.earthpulse.com/src/subcategory.asp?catid=1&subcatid=2

http://www.viewzone.com/haarp11.html

I was sidetracked looking at these sites myself...

Warning !! not for the weak of heart  undecided

All I am trying to say is not to blame God for things you think man is not capable of because man is capable of anything and everything for the love of power and money...this will never change!!   sad

We are bringing on our own end (or others for us!) and many are not aware of this...

Think for yourselves and Trust your Maker   cool

Your Friend in Michigan USA
RhodaRose
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by fresheva(f): 5:16pm On May 12, 2006
we are nearing the end of the world , the prophecies in the bible are coming to pass

it says when the end of the world is near perilious times shall come, kingdoms shall rise against kngdoms and nations against nation, there will be strife and wars, earthquake and so on
it even say that this generation shall not till this prophecy come to pass

certainly the end of the world is near and the devil is striving to make the world worse and worst everyday, so that he will win more people to himself
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by DaHitler(m): 5:27pm On May 12, 2006
Please, do not create threads like these that only end up feeding the fanatics. As far as has been recorded, there has always been eath quakes and hurricanes. The mini-Jihads that are taking place today are nothing like the one that took place for almost one thousand years that ended up "showing the love of God to 1 billion" (More like forcing God on people). Countries have and would always attempt to develop more deadly weapons. The jews and the arabs have been in conflict for many centuries now. Stop making a big deal out of things that are happening now.

If you actually believe in God, tell him to stop screwing around and fix things. You people whine about kind and Merciful/{insert B.S.} but last time I checked, actions speak louder than words.

While you might be worrying about things today, God help you all if I ever get an Army. I will surely put an end to the madness. angry
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by KAG: 11:47pm On May 12, 2006
Where is the world heading to?

The Sun?
Re: Where Is The World Heading To? by donnie(m): 12:52pm On May 20, 2006
Total destruction by fire.

That's where this world is heading to.

(1) (Reply)

Conversion Of Pastor Jonnathan Into Islam / Catholicism And Pentecostalism/protestantism; The Difference In Belief. / 9 Million Children Die Every Year Before They Reach The Age Of 5- Sam Harris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.