Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed (8040 Views)

Which Is A Better Option: 2003 Matrix Vs 2004 Corolla Vs 2004 Camry? / Corolla Vs Camry / I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 03, 2016
My kid brother will be 20 soon and am planning to get him a car he was really supportive back then and I think a good car will be the perfect gift

I want a car that wont disturb him I mean maintenance wise

The car most be presentable

Low fuel consumption because his a student

I have eod camry and corolla on mind but I heard eod has ball joint issues his birthday is on the 26 so I need something I can work towards

Which is better the corrolla or camry thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2016
camry be making sense like Pepsi and gala.
Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by yak(m): 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
u ddnt state the particular cars u are comparing. it cant be all camry and all corolla. kindly state the years u mean
Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by yak(m): 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
u ddnt state the years u are looking at
Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by nurey(m): 3:13pm On Jun 03, 2016
If he is a university student especially in the south west (yoruba land) don't buy him camry if you don't want SARS today, SARS tomorrow they will harass him and call him yahoo yahoo boy.

If you intend to buy him a car to make transportation easy for him, I mean if you are not concerned about image just ease of use, good maintenance and cheap on pocket, buy the European accord 1995-2001 or the VW golf 3

2 Likes

Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by salvo583: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2016
nurey:
If he is a university student especially in the south west (yoruba land) don't buy him camry if you don't want SARS today, SARS tomorrow they will harass him and call him yahoo yahoo boy.

If you intend to buy him a car to make transportation easy for him, I mean if you are not concerned about image just ease of use, good maintenance and cheap on pocket, buy the European accord 1995-2001 or the VW golf 3
Wa gbayi brother. you're right! Lagos is better but that Ibadan,Ife and Ogbomosho SARS can make life unbearable. For me to go to church on Sundays na wahala self because they will always disturb me with my penkele motor despite being in the working class.
Dear OP, listen to what this oga has said if and only if ure in S/W Nigeria
Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by okonja(m): 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2016
dannyokec:
My kid brother will be 20 soon and am planning to get him a car he was really supportive back then and I think a good car will be the perfect gift

I have eod camry and corolla on mind but I heard eod has ball joint issues his birthday is on the 26 so I need something I can work towards

A Toyota corrolla 2010 model isn't a bad idea because it's consumes low fuel, and no one is gonna harass/suspect him for anything. cool
Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
My eyes are on 2003-2006 camry or corolla

I heard the 2004 corolla is more efficient than that of Camry

Honda eod is off the hook for now to much ball joint problem

But your opinions will determine my final purchase help me out please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 03, 2016
okonja:

A Toyota corrolla 2010 model isn't a bad idea because it's consumes low fuel, and no one is gonna harass/suspect him for anything. cool

2010 Will be to flashy for him considering the fact his not working and am the one sponsoring him

Plus 2010 will attract fake friends and gold diggers to him

I want a modest car and that's why I picked 2004-2006 model's
Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 03, 2016
salvo583:

Wa gbayi brother. you're right! Lagos is better but that Ibadan,Ife and Ogbomosho SARS can make life unbearable. For me to go to church on Sundays na wahala self because they will always disturb me with my penkele motor despite being in the working class.
Dear OP, listen to what this oga has said if and only if ure in S/W Nigeria

Enlighten me how do Sars disturb Because am not planning to buy a stolen car and I dont see why SARS. should disturb him or anyone
Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by yak(m): 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
dannyokec:
My eyes are on 2003-2006 camry or corolla

I heard the 2004 corolla is more efficient than that of Camry

Honda eod is off the hook for now to much ball joint problem

But your opinions will determine my final purchase help me out please

I think I love d Corolla 2004 too. its rugged, smart n easy to maintain too. u may also consider 2006 corolla
Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by nurey(m): 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2016
dannyokec:

Enlighten me how do Sars disturb Because am not planning to buy a stolen car and I dont see why SARS. should disturb him or anyone

The University I went to, 90% of students driving cars are yahoo yahoo boys, 6% work hard to buy a car, the remaining 4% drive there parents car to school. 40% of those cars are camry between 1998 to 2012 big daddy been more common among them, another 30% drives the accord the 2003 to 2005 being more common, 10% drive avalon, the remaining % being shared among other car variants.

If you want peace of mind for your brother stay away from that corolla, it's a robber magnet and besides, it's still too flashy for a student in South West, if nah North your brother dey, it's OK, but this south west, SARS go wahala your brother if you buy that corolla for him. except he is willing to settle them or put army, navy, airforce sticker gbam for the car.

3 Likes

Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by okonja(m): 9:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
dannyokec:

2010 Will be to flashy for him considering the fact his not working and am the one sponsoring him

Plus 2010 will attract fake friends and gold diggers to him

I want a modest car and that's why I picked 2004-2006 model's

Something like this

dannyokec:

Almost every student schooling in the SW that rides car are believed to be a working boy (yahoo boy), So SARS(Special Anti-Robbery Squad) used to disturb them so as to get money unnecessarily from them.
Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by DGD1(m): 8:55am On Jun 04, 2016
bro, buy him the corrola and forget SARS. they harass every young guy driving a nice and clean car, once your papers are complete and you look responsible you have no problem.
I get stopped by them every now and then, present my papers and I zoom off, if they form begging (with smiling) I give them small change if I have.

Itss in nigeria we see police checking as wahala.
Get him the corrola, he should dress responsible and he is good to go.

7 Likes

Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by senator2k9(m): 8:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
i key into this .....my bday is on 26th june too....i pray someone gets me a suprise car too
dannyokec:

2 Likes

Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 04, 2016
senator2k9:
i key into this .....my bday is on 26th june too....i pray someone gets me a suprise car too

Amen

1 Like

Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by chidozieikeji2: 9:37am On Jul 16, 2016
dannyokec:

corrolla is the best it is pples and workers car meaning that anybody can maintain it low fuel consumption, cheap parts, and ability to get its mechanic easily
Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by lonelydora: 9:50am On Jul 16, 2016
Get him any car of your choice, as long as the papers are complete and it's not a stolen car, police will always stop any young boy driving any car model not particular to corolla or camry.

I would rather get a corolla of any model than a camry of same model.

Bro, won't the car distract your brother from his studies? Just thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by chidozieikeji2: 10:00am On Jul 16, 2016
okonja:

Something like this

Almost every student schooling in the SW that rides car are believed to be a working boy (yahoo boy), So SARS(Special Anti-Robbery Squad) used to disturb them so as to get money unnecessarily from them.
forget about that just buy the car register it with ur name or a working class persons name simple nobody will disturb him even if it is rolls royce as long as it is registered in the name of someon whose income is upto that car nobody will disturb him

2 Likes

Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by WeNoGoDie(m): 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
dannyokec:

Corolla meets all the requirements you mentioned plus an excellent fuel economy far better than camry.

Buy genuine car with proper documentation and sars won't bother you.

Don't ever think about Volkswagen golf of any kind. You'll regret.
Re: Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
Get him 2005 Toyota Avensis.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! / Should I Replace My 15inch Rims With 16inch Rims On My Toyota Camry 2001 Model? / Flying Car, Airscooter To Go On Sale Later This Year For Around $50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.