Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,250 members, 7,857,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 10:26 AM

Office Politics Issue What Can I Do ? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Office Politics Issue What Can I Do ? (558 Views)

Partake In This Weekly Politics/general Knowledge Quiz Competition To Win N,5000 / How Will You Handle Office Politics And Hostility / JOB: Moderators On Crime/politics/literature Wanted, Come Apply At Whim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Office Politics Issue What Can I Do ? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 03, 2016
I work in a Nigeria company something last year happened there is a rumour is due to the recession and cost, the team maybe further reduced.

I noticed of late my colleagues do not carry me along on issues, we are all Engineers and provide support to an oil an gas firm in port harcourt. The usual routine is when a case is logged, it is sent to the group email and every one in the team is copied on all correspondence till that case is resolved.

But of late i realise they keep me out of the loop of emails CC, my colleagues deliberately remove my email to show i never took part in the support and was never involved. Even if at some point was involved.

I have complained severally abt this but they adjust for a couple of days and continue with this act.

Whenever i work on a case i CC everyone till the very end.

This is really affecting me because this helps me get aware of issues and learn new problems encountered. it also makes me stand in immediately the person handling isnt present and there is an action to be done on that very issue.

But these days when that happens i seem to look like a fool not aware of what is happening, their plan is whenever a layoff comes i will be the one to go.

It really hurts me cos thse guys use to be my men, i am competent and do not only what i should do, but try to go the extra mile while i can. It like they see the whole thing like a competition.

I guess the only thing to do is to give my best, keep applying for jobs elsewhere and pray for God fights my battles.

It really hurts.
Re: Office Politics Issue What Can I Do ? by Udochee(m): 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
overcomer123
i feel your plight. i know there is someone you can really trust among those guys,call him aside (maybe during lunch break or little hanging out) talk to him about the matter. hear his response, then make your deductions from it. also check yourself if you've been relating well with other colleagues asides those guys
Re: Office Politics Issue What Can I Do ? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
Udochee:

i feel your plight. i know there is someone you can really trust among those guys,call him aside (maybe during lunch break or little hanging out) talk to him about the matter. hear his response, then make your deductions from it. also check yourself if you've been relating well with other colleagues asides those guys

omo i relate well with them, as a matter of fact we eat together and party together, one of them is suppose to be my best man is my wedding coming next month.
Re: Office Politics Issue What Can I Do ? by Mariojane(f): 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2016
you ve said it all. do your best and CC everyone not minding their action. just act as if you are not seeing what they are doing cos the more you complain the more they will want to hurt you more.
Re: Office Politics Issue What Can I Do ? by Loonyy(m): 3:10pm On Jun 03, 2016
Like they "success is the best revenge" so brace up ur sleeves , let em know with them you can do and without them you can do better, try and be the best of your self bring out your A game..and don't forget to pray and allow God fight your battles..see you @ the top Bro! High fiver
Re: Office Politics Issue What Can I Do ? by janga02(m): 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2016
@op, I don't think everybody suppost to become ur enemy at once. It's either u av wrong somebody I ur team or u ar arrogant to ur superior. Try as much as possible to find the root cause of ur problem, because united we STAND nd devided we FALL

(1) (Reply)

Head, Metering At Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc / Urgent Vacancy For Quality Control Officer In Abuja Residents Only / Why Do Recruiters Ask ; How Much Do You Earn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.