Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Gtbank Failed To Return Money After Failed Transfer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Failed To Return Money After Failed Transfer (6202 Views)

Man Contacts Diamond Bank To Return N7.3M Mistakenly Paid To His Account / Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money / Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Failed To Return Money After Failed Transfer by ebonylady4real(f): 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
I am accusing GTBank Nigeria of defrauding me after the bank zapped my money while making an online airtime transfer that failed since 19-May-2016. Here is how i will put it as i reach out to Nairaland.

“I have tried everything i could but it seems i'm powerless to get help, and that’s why i’m reaching out to you. Please Nairaland, kindly help me spread this message out through your platform. I made 2 airtime transfers last May within a space of 2 mins from my MTN number/ GTBank account to a colleague's MTN number via an online transfer. I didn't get a debit alert to the 1st transaction and the recipient didn't get the airtime but I got a debit alert to the 2nd transaction and the recipient got only the 2nd airtime. When i checked my balance, i found the total of both airtime had been debited.

I called MTN customer care and was told to contact my bank. I reached out to GTBank to complain about the issue and sent several emails but they kept tossing me around. They were clueless about the problem. I tried to get them to refund my money but to no avail. Is it that my bank cannot even find in my transaction history that the first airtime was not transferred to the person? Please help me out, i'm sick and tired of this bank. It’s such a shame that this is a bank that i always boast of giving me no hassles, but they are nothing close to keeping their words at all.
Imagine, since 19-May-2016. i'm really angry right now.”

48 hours was what GTBank promised me, it's now about 360 hours. Olawunmi Sanusi and Charity Onwuka both in Complaints, Compliance Group have not refunded me.They got off my case since May 31st, 2016
Below are my conversation with the bank. Would have love to munch screen / screen grab but i'm using a computer & don't know how to go about it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VTU PLUS / 1-Click TopUp from GTBank error(2)
enoh bassey <ebonylady4real@yahoo.co.uk>
To customercare@mtnnigeria.net May 20 at 11:18 AM
Good day,

Last night, I bought / transferred N3,000 airtime, followed by another N1,500 airtime to 08130467809 using the 1-Click TopUp from GTBank

Both amounts were directly deducted from my GTBank account but the recipient got only the N1,500 airtime.

This morning, I've called 180 several times and was told to call 182. I called but was told i'm not authorized to call the number

Please, rectify ASAP

Best regards

Enoh Bassey

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CustomerCare <CustomerCare@mtnnigeria.net>
To enoh bassey May 20 at 4:47 PM
Abidemi (MTN Customer care)
Dear Eno,
Thank you for contacting us at MTN Customercare.
I understand how you feel concerning the challenges experienced while recharging online and I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.
Kindly contact your bank if credit is not reversed after 24hours for prompt resolution.
Once again sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards
Abidemi
Customercare@mtnnigeria.net
Toll Free: 180 | Mobile:+234 (0) 803 10180
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: http://share/Resources/be%20better%20email%20signature.jpg

Disclaimer: The information transmitted via this email or any attachments thereto are intended for the named addressee(s) except where any addressee(s) was/were so named in error. The said information and/or attachments may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and any amendment, dissemination, disclosure, transmission or distribution is hereby expressly strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or where same has been received in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of the email and attachments thereto. Please note that no opinion, commitment or representation, expressed or implied by the sender, necessarily constitutes the opinion or commitment or representation of MTN Nigeria Communications Limited (MTNN) and no such opinion, commitment or representation shall be binding on MTNN excepting where same has been so communicated and affirmed in writing by a duly authorized representative of MTNN. MTNN shall not be responsible for any loss, damage, claim or any inconvenience whatsoever that may be suffered as a result of a reliance on the contents of the email or attachments thereof.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CustomerCare <CustomerCare@mtnnigeria.net>
To enoh bassey May 20 at 8:39 PM
Dear Enoh,

Thank you for contacting us at MTN customer care.

I regret the inconvenience experienced with the transfer made from your bank.

For the quickest resolution, I would like you to provide the reference number of the transaction.

I regret every inconvenience and look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Agatha.
Customercare@mtnnigeria.net
Toll Free: 180 | Mobile:+234 (0) 803 10180
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: http://share/Resources/MTN%20IIP%20LOGO.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To complaints@gtbank.com May 20 at 5:13 PM
Good day,

Last night, I bought / transferred N3,000 airtime, followed by another N1,500 airtime from my line, 07030750785 to 08130467809 using the 1-Click TopUp from GTBank

Both amounts were directly deducted from my GTBank account 00009549127 but the recipient (08130467809) only got the N1,500 airtime.

This morning, I've called 180 several times and was told to call 182. I called but was told i'm not authorized to call the number. I contacted MTN and was told GTB will fix it. Below is the mail for your perusal

Please, rectify ASAP

Best regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Request ID :##6282015##] : VTU PLUS / 1-Click TopUp from GTBank error(2)
People
Complaint <complaints@gtbank.com>
To ebonylady4real@yahoo.co.uk
CC Complaints@gtbank.com May 21 at 2:26 PM
Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank plc.

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and regret any inconvenience you may have encountered.

Please be informed that the funds should be reversed within 48 working hours.

In the event that the funds is not reversed within the specified duration, kindly forward your account name, number and the transaction details (date, amount, mobile number intended to topup and transaction reference number) to aid our investigation.

Please be informed that this ticket number will be temporarily closed pending when we receive a feedback from you.

Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank plc.

Olawunmi Sanusi
Complaints, Compliance Group

Guaranty Trust Bank plc

Guaranty Trust Bank plc
Tiamiyu Savage Street Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Tel: +234-8113798196 | Web: www.gtbank.com

Wouldn't you rather bank w​ith us?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Complaint
BCC esther.onoh@expnigeria.biz May 24 at 2:14 PM
Account name - Gift Enoh Bassey

Account number - 0009549127

Transaction details : date - Thursday May 19, 2016
amount - N3,000
My mobile number with GTBank, 07030750785
mobile number intended to topup - 08130467809

Best regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Request ID :##6293203##] : Re: [Request ID :##6282015##] : VTU PLUS / 1-Click TopUp from GTBank error(6)
People
Complaint <complaints@gtbank.com>
To ebonylady4real@yahoo.co.uk
CC Complaints@gtbank.com May 25 at 12:55 PM
Dear Gift Bassey,

Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank plc.

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail.

Please be informed that your account was only debited with N1,500 on May 19, 2016 for the airtime purchase transaction.

Kindly note that the airtime purchase attempt of N3,000 failed and the fund was initially blocked on your account which has been released and made available after confirmation.

Kindly confirm via our internet banking platform by logging on to view your statement of account.

Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank plc.

Charity Onwuka
Complaints, Compliance Group

Guaranty
Trust Bank plc
Tiamiyu Savage Street Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

Tel: +234-8113798195 | SUG: +234-8113798195 | Web:
www.gtbank.com

Wouldn't you
rather bank with us?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Complaint
CC Guaranty Trust Bank Adams Adams daniel.adenike@gtb.com GTBank GTBank E-statement and 2 more...
BCC esther.onoh@expnigeria.biz May 25 at 4:21 PM
I don’t do internet banking but I do get alerts via SMS & email. Here was my initial balance

Description
:
CASH WDL FROM OTHERS ATM
Amount
:
Value Date
:
19-May-2016
Remarks
:
-008773- -PLT 14, OSHODI-APAPA E WAY LA NG STAN9999008773
Time of Transaction
:
9:18 AM
Document Number
:
The balances on this account as at 9:19 AM are as follows;
Current Balance
:
18,969.18 Naira
Available Balance
:
18,969.18 Naira

Here’s the other alert.
Description
:
Airtime Purchase
Amount
:
Value Date
:
19-May-2016
Remarks
:
USSD-101CT0000000000150847786-2348130467809
Time of Transaction
:
7:36 PM
Document Number
:
The balances on this account as at 7:37 PM are as follows;
Current Balance
:
17,469.18 Naira
Available Balance
:
14,469.18 Naira

Why don’t the current and available balance on the later alert tally, just like the former? Kindly confirm the above from my statement. What happened to my money along the way?

18,969.18 – 14,469.18 = 4,500. I bought both airtimes (N3,000 & N1,500) within a space of 2 minutes. I didn’t get any alert for the N3,000 & the recipient didn’t get the airtime, except the N1,500

It’s a week now and it is FRUSTRATING sending emails back and forth. Been using GTBank for over 6 years now and had never given me any troubles of which I have been happy and recommending to people except BVN hassles which had been fixed

Please, reverse the N3,000 URGENTLY otherwise I would begin to run only my FCMB & Mainstreet accounts as i have not gotten any refund. Kindly confirm from my statement

Best regards

VTU PLUS / 1-Click TopUp from GTBank error - NO REVERSAL YET?(4)
People
To Guaranty Trust Bank Guaranty Trust Bank Guaranty Trust Bank
BCC esther.onoh@expnigeria.biz May 31 at 12:51 PM

Good day

I have not heard from GTBank in a week now nor gotten any refund despite several mails sent. what exactly is going on?
Has GTBank swallowed my N3,000? Pls, kindly reverse my money

Re: Gtbank Failed To Return Money After Failed Transfer by Adaowerri111: 4:40pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hardship don hit these banks,they keep zapping/extorting customers especially at midnight lol, naija my country

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Failed To Return Money After Failed Transfer by Perfecttouch(m): 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2016
Jibiti bank a.k.a gtbank.Mine happened since 22nd of April and till now they've not rectify it.they keep tossing me around.call customer care,email complain,email card risk and so on and so fort.abeg anything you think you can do,am behind u and please do carry me along.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Failed To Return Money After Failed Transfer by Freelancer007(m): 7:59am On Jun 04, 2016
This is one of the reasons some people avoid GTbank online banking like plaque. I hope they refund the money. Otherwise, they will further dent their PR image!
Re: Gtbank Failed To Return Money After Failed Transfer by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 04, 2016
GTB is the BEST bank. Yes. Take it to the bank!

Op you haven't done what you are supposed to do. That's why you haven't gotten the reversal. Have you visited the branch? Sending mails.

Gtb always refund me on time when needed
Re: Gtbank Failed To Return Money After Failed Transfer by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
lalasticlala. Please look into this, cos i am also a victim of such misfortune.

(1) (Reply)

How To Run A Profitable Cyber Cafe Business In Nigeria / New CBN Audit Report Out - 3 More Banks Indicted / Nigerian Tries To Cash Bank Check, Ends Up In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.