Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

How To Run A Profitable Cyber Cafe Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Run A Profitable Cyber Cafe Business In Nigeria (6203 Views)

How To Open And Run A School Successfully / Is Cyber Cafe Business Going Extinct In Nigeria? / I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Run A Profitable Cyber Cafe Business In Nigeria by bigfat08: 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
Running a Cyber business can be very challenging. I wrote this post on my personal blog sometime ago, but decided to re-post edited version following various questions on running a profitable cyber cafe business in Nigeria.

There are various reasons why most cyber cafe fail to make profits, they include:
- No diversification
- High Cost of Operation
- Maintenance
- Poor Internet Service
Read more on 3 dangers of starting a Cyber cafe business

Running Cyber business requires a lot of things, in other to overcome numerous challenges Cyber business pose you have to take some action;

1) Diversification: Diversify the services you offer, let it not be just selling of tickets and browsing alone. Start offering services like Typesetting, E-registration (help people register for event, apply for jobs etc), Photocopying, Lamination, Binding(Spiral Binding) ICT Trainings (training on use of MS Word, Excel, Corel Draw, Use of Internet etc) and Eatery (Small fast food section) this I believe will help you cope with the poor internet service and create more revenue streams.

2) Avoid Power Problem: Get good power regulating devices like Stabilizers, UPS etc this will help protect you from power surges etc. Furthermore, get a good power generating set that will serve you incase of power failure.

3) Avoid Procastination: Fix any problem you notice in any of your gadgets, don’t postpone it!

4) Minimize Maintenance Cost: Go learn some maintenance courses/techniques so that you can fix little problems without going to the experts.

5) Get Good and Cost effective ISP: If possible look for ISP that charges you according to your volume/usage instead of a fixed monthly charge.

6) Have a Backup internet service: Gone are the days you rely only on one service provider. With cost of internet service, you can afford to have two or more service providers to ensure maximum up-time.

2 Likes

Re: How To Run A Profitable Cyber Cafe Business In Nigeria by sbecgroup(m): 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2013
Yes, make sure are strategically located either in main town area roaming over with job-hunting men and women/or close 2 d main adminstrative/campus area of a functional tertiary institution!
Re: How To Run A Profitable Cyber Cafe Business In Nigeria by bigfat08: 6:47pm On Apr 14, 2013
job-hunting men and women grin
Re: How To Run A Profitable Cyber Cafe Business In Nigeria by Inemobot(m): 9:11am On Nov 12, 2013
Which agency in nigeria can i register my cyber cafe with?
Re: How To Run A Profitable Cyber Cafe Business In Nigeria by babytejiri(m): 3:05am On Mar 31, 2017
yk;alsjs
Re: How To Run A Profitable Cyber Cafe Business In Nigeria by joeyreports: 8:44am On Jul 23, 2020
You can actually get a cyber cafe business plan[/url] that will help you solve your startup headache.... https://www.nigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/how-to-start-a-cyber-cafe-business-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank Failed To Return Money After Failed Transfer / New CBN Audit Report Out - 3 More Banks Indicted / Nigerian Tries To Cash Bank Check, Ends Up In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.