Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP (19607 Views)

Ritual Killer Caught With The Remains Of His Dead Victim In Ogun - Pictures / Safest State In Nigeria Today / Man Murders Girlfriend, Dumps Remains In Soak Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by basadenet: 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2016
safest but poorest and crisis ridden state.

1 Like

Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:44pm On Jun 03, 2016
Funkybabee:

u are a silly guy
Don't mind that guy. His Moniker says it all. He is poor in everything.
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by Yemimovich(m): 10:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
Poorboy:
TRUE BECAUSE IT'S THE POOREST STATE, NOTHING THERE TO FIGHT FOR... Crisis in the Niger Delta is because of Oil (RESOURCE CONTROL), In the South East because of Biafra(SOVEREIGNTY), North because of Sharia Law(RELIGION) SOUTH WEST empty land nothing to fight for....

Poor land? Nope. South west determines your life . That state is not safe because they are poor, but because they have attitude and are simply civilised. Where do you come from? I will surely tell you some tales. Just mention your state.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
basadenet:
safest but poorest and crisis ridden state.
Really, can you back you claim with evidence(s).
Just because the state couldn't pay salaries. Do you think only state Civil servants are the only one working in Osun state.
What about Bayelsa and Ekiti owing 7months salaries?
If Osun is that poor as you claimed, rate of crime wouldn't be that low.
Simple logic you don't understand.
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by matrixme(m): 10:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
Poorboy:
TRUE BECAUSE IT'S THE POOREST STATE, NOTHING THERE TO FIGHT FOR... Crisis in the Niger Delta is because of Oil (RESOURCE CONTROL), In the South East because of Biafra(SOVEREIGNTY), North because of Sharia Law(RELIGION) SOUTH WEST empty land nothing to fight for....
You are really a poor boy with this reasoning. I am sure you are typing this from the refuge of Lagos. South West is relatively peaceful not because there is nothing worth fighting for, but the 'omoluwabi' ethos make us better humans by not fighting senseless, waste and lost causes as highlighted.
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:55pm On Jun 03, 2016
wristbangle:

Your Moniker says it all. Meanwhile the empty land is where your kinsmen hawk gala and bottle water
You dey mind the mumu. Research was carried out that most gala sellers on the highway of Lagos are from the East. Ebonyi state to be precised.

1 Like

Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by VivaDeAngelo(m): 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Hunger attracts stealing, and the resultant effect is crime: can you see where you get it wrong?

Grow up kid.

Old man,I presume age has blurred your vision that you can no longer read between the lines.
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by wellmax(m): 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2016
[quote author=janellemonae post=46249299]

I don't think it has anything to do wt aregbe. Its just d simpler lifestyle and d fact dt there are no cities in d state. Peaceful and quiet. Love it.

At bolded. You are COMPLETELY wrong.
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by Dotman2210(m): 10:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
Poorboy:
blockhead wake up day don break
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:59pm On Jun 03, 2016
According to the National Bureau of Statistics,
these 10 states are the poorest in Nigeria with
over 70% poverty rate.

A survey carried out on the bureau’s website,
disclosed that Sokoto remains the poorest
state in Nigeria with an 81.2% poverty rate.

1. Sokoto
Sokoto has unfriendly climate conditions with
temperature going as high as 45C on a
normal day. Most parts of the state are rural
areas and over eighty percent (80%) of the
inhabitants of Sokoto practice one form of
agriculture or another.

2. Katsina
Katsina is a state in North central Nigeria and
has the highest poverty prevalence among all
states in the region.

3. Adamawa
Formed in 1991 from the extinct Gongola
state, Adamawa has of late been terrorized by
the Boko Haram terrorists, disrupting its
economic development and growth.

4. Gombe
Gombe is another North eastern state which
suffers sporadic attacks from terrorists.

5. Jigawa
Jigawa state is situated in the north-western
part of the country. It is mostly populated by
the Hausa/Fulani, who are spread throughout
the state. It has a 74.1 percent poverty rate.

6. Plateau
Plateau state is the twelfth largest state of
Nigeria haunted by some terrorist attacks and
tribal clashes from time to time, especially
clashes between Fulani herdsmen and its
inhabitants.

7. Ebonyi
Ebonyi is the only south-eastern state among
the top 9 poorest country.

8. Bauchi
In Hausa the word Bauchi meansthe land of
freedom and tourism. However recent Boko
Haram adventures in the area, though few,
have driven tourists away from the area.

9. Kebbi
It is bordered by Sokoto State,Niger
State,Dosso Regionin the Republic of Niger
and the nation of Benin. The recently
concluded Sir Ahmadu Bello International
Airport (SABIA), stands out as one of Nigeria’s
most sophisticated airports and is expected to
boost the state’s economy.

10. Zamfara
Recently the governor was blasted for the
“alarming scope of economic dangers and its
potential threat to the economic development
of the state,” by the Zamfara Budget Working
Group.
Niger is the state with the lowest poverty rate
which is 33.8%. It was followed by Osun
(37.9%) and Ondo (45.7%).

Bayelsa (47%) and Lagos (48.6%) have less
than 50% poverty rate.

The average poverty rate in the Northwest
geopolitical zone is 71.4%, which remained
the highest in the said area.

It is followed by the Northeast region which
has 69.1% and the North central region which
has 60.7%.

Poverty was least dominant in the Southwest
(49.8%), South-South (55.5%), and South-East
regions (59.5%).

https://www.naij.com/401470-see-the-10-poorest-states-in-nigeria.html

3 Likes

Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by Poorboy: 11:02pm On Jun 03, 2016
Yemimovich:

Poor land? Nope. South west determines your life . That state is not safe because they are poor, but because they have attitude and are simply civilised. Where do you come from? I will surely tell you some tales. Just mention your state.
Hahahaha @ Tales by Moonlight.
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by jtjoyful(m): 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2016
Lol
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by stifej: 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2016
janellemonae:

I don't think it has anything to do wt aregbe. Its just d simpler lifestyle and d fact dt there are no cities in d state. Peaceful and quiet. Love it.

PS - Very good roads too. And light. Light used to be better in osun state dn anywhere I've bn to, apart from asokoro abuja, but I don't know how it is now.
How many states have what you can called a city.in Nigerian? Get your facts rights, osun is the most urbanized state in Nigeria.. Don't ask me how I know, that was a product of my.masters thesis
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by lumeneng22: 11:13pm On Jun 03, 2016
Right from the time of oduduwa till present date, osun state has been the centre of activities for gbomogbomo and all forms of ritualism. Suddenly they have been cleared by Arase just because of one yeye chieftaincy title.

1 Like

Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by VivaDeAngelo(m): 11:14pm On Jun 03, 2016
achinice:
lol I get that feeling man......u go just dull can't even greet or respond to greetings....if u want hunger to rape you pls go to osun.

And this is a person who truly understands. Seems you have attempted doing three days fasting and prayer before? I can't forget my experience grin
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by timaare(m): 11:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
Poorboy:
U ar really a POORBOY. Osun State is d number 1 active Gold mining state in Nigeria and more than 90% of workers there are literate(civil servants) . U are a big illiterate AKA OLODO
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by Nayok(m): 11:29pm On Jun 03, 2016
Onogueks:
Land booking

Yes, when you are lazy grin
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by Nayok(m): 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2016
johnnycrew:
...But not safe from hunger

Yes, when you are lazy grin
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by nigerianvenom(m): 11:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
It can only be an APC State.

Meanwhile,some where in Rivers (PDP)State, Wike's boys are busy chopping all real and perceived enemies heads off.

Bono and yobe are both PDP state.
Suffering from mouth disease could be harmful
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by tim1256(m): 11:44pm On Jun 03, 2016
Poorboy:

Your name shows your brain level
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by sokera: 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
No one has the statistics of crime rate in Nigeria more than the IG of police so you people can say whatever you want ... He knows better than any of us when it comes to crime ... They rate from paperworks not on social media ...

2 Likes

Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by olaniyi0(m): 12:45am On Jun 04, 2016
Dething:
Safest but poorest! It will be so when there is no activity. Very inactive state!
idiot! poorest dem dey use tablet teach children 4 skul, poorest but d electricity far better than d whole or s.east, poorest but d new skuls wil wow u. eran(goat)

1 Like

Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by Bitterleafsoup: 3:18am On Jun 04, 2016
mart2k:
Why are you so dumb?
what is your business?
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by Nobody: 3:46am On Jun 04, 2016
stifej:

How many states have what you can called a city.in Nigerian? Get your facts rights, osun is the most urbanized state in Nigeria.. Don't ask me how I know, that was a product of my.masters thesis

Very few states in Nigeria have cities. It still doesn't make my assertion wrong. Oshogbo is a town, not a city. Ilesha is a town, not a city. Even Benin city in Edo state is a town, not a city.

In my opinion, cities are differentiated from towns by population and commerce. Lagos, Ibadan, portharcourt, Kaduna, abuja and kano are the cities in Nigeria DT I've bn to. There might be others. I've not bn everywhere.

I don't understand what u mean by urbanized. There are thousands of villages and towns across Europe DT are more developed dn any part of Nigeria, they still don't call themselves cities. And just because they're more developed dn Lagos, doesn't make Lagos any less of a city. Its abt population & commerce. The most defining characteristic of a city is migration.

I love osun state the way it is. Fresh air. Not everywhere needs to be jampacked, polluted & populated.

1 Like

Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by AreaFada2: 4:52am On Jun 04, 2016
janellemonae:

Very few states in Nigeria have cities. It still doesn't make my assertion wrong. Oshogbo is a town, not a city. Ilesha is a town, not a city. Even Benin city in Edo state is a town, not a city.

In my opinion, cities are differentiated from towns by population and commerce. Lagos, Ibadan, portharcourt, Kaduna, abuja and kano are the cities in Nigeria DT I've bn to. There might be others. I've not bn everywhere.

I don't understand what u mean by urbanized. There are thousands of villages and towns across Europe DT are more developed dn any part of Nigeria, they still don't call themselves cities. And just because they're more developed dn Lagos, doesn't make Lagos any less of a city. Its abt population & commerce. The most defining characteristic of a city is migration.

I love osun state the way it is. Fresh air. Not everywhere needs to be jampacked, polluted & populated.

Wrong. By Most standandards, Benin is and has been a city since 1550s.

Population wise, it's one of only about 10 cities in 9ja with over 1 million people. About 1.2m currently. Alongside Ibadan, Kano, Lagos, Kaduna, PH. And of late Abuja, Ogbomosho, Aba, Maiduguri & Zaria. No way you can put Ilesha of 233k people or Oshogbo of 420k in same category as Benin City. You need to travel more.

Commerce wise, it has one of the highest bank densities in 9ja.

Same with urbanisation. While Benin may now not compare favourably with Amsterdam or Rotterdam in terms of development, as Dutch travellers rated it centuries ago, which Nigerian city does today?

Onitsha & Warri with about 500k people and good commercial activities will not necessarily cut it as cities.
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by lapo(m): 5:43am On Jun 04, 2016
davodyguy:

Example of poor logic.

Their being hungry should even motivate them to commit crimes, yet the people chose not to

When criminals are caught and interviewed, itmany of them say it's because of poverty or unemployment that led them into vices.

Why is osun different?

different because it harbours Omoluabis.

1 Like

Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by compoundd: 6:48am On Jun 04, 2016
[size=28pt]Arm robbering go kill you.[/size]
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by ay4shizzy(m): 6:52am On Jun 04, 2016
Poorboy:
go and buy brain. ...its very cheap...BIGOT.
Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by ayindejimmy(m): 7:22am On Jun 04, 2016
Poorboy:

I guess countries like Switzerland, Japan, Canada, Finland and Australia which are among the safest country in world also have nothing in their country to fight for?
Why fight when there's enough for everyone?
Judging by where you're from, I can understand your level of thinking.

1 Like

Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by Doncroece: 7:23am On Jun 04, 2016
probably because the state Treasury is empty, the people are barely surviving.. so there's nothing to steal or kill for these thieves and armed robbers

1 Like

Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by dessyranking(m): 7:30am On Jun 04, 2016
achinice:
dog no fit chop Dog oga....even the thieves there are also hungry they are waiting for ogbeni to pay before you'd here abt crime in that state

O boi na osun state I dey live ile ife to be precise hunger z nt killing any1 in mah area maybe ekiti but not osun

1 Like

Re: Osun Remains The Safest State In Nigeria- IGP by Poorboy: 7:30am On Jun 04, 2016
ayindejimmy:

I guess countries like Switzerland, Japan, Canada, Finland and Australia which are among the safest country in world also have nothing in their country to fight for?
Why fight when there's enough for everyone?
Judging by where you're from, I can understand your level of thinking.
hahahahaha E pain am... Truly nothing to fight for

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wraps Of Cocaine Found Inside Body Cream In Edo (video) / Armed Robbers Burnt To Ashes In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) / Edo Housewife Hacked To Death By Father, Son While Separating A Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.