Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language (20547 Views)

Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture / Alafin's Wife, Ajoke Celebrates Her 27th Birthday - Photos / White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by mart2k(m): 8:05am On Jun 04, 2016
akins56:
Yoruba language must be made compulsory in all schools whether public or private in every south western States.
What are u saying, it has been like that ever since.
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by CR77(f): 8:06am On Jun 04, 2016
cool cool
akins56:
Yoruba language must be made compulsory in all schools whether public or private in every south western States.
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by ArmedRobber: 8:08am On Jun 04, 2016
Oni ,alafin,awujale, u re all welcome to my state
Oba riliwan akiolu eku igba le jo oo..
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by Alokendra(m): 8:09am On Jun 04, 2016
Bring back the Yoruba of old.
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by mart2k(m): 8:09am On Jun 04, 2016
valdes00:
Today in history
Today is exactly 8 years,
7months, 6days, 11 hours 25 minutes and 52 seconds that a gala seller ran away with my
change in traffic.......

Hmmm, God don fight for u already; dilector KANU is serving his father's land in Kuje.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by olanshile2016(m): 8:26am On Jun 04, 2016
cool
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by assetman(m): 8:27am On Jun 04, 2016
bright007:
How does this gathering save Nigeria's dying economy?

Even if it cannot save our dying economy,it is obvious that its going to save our dying culture........well done d yoruba

5 Likes

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by seunny4lif(m): 8:39am On Jun 04, 2016
grin grin
Omo Yoruba ni mi grin grin grin oooh Swagger grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by iamNifemi(m): 8:43am On Jun 04, 2016
bright007:
How does this gathering save Nigeria's dying economy?
Bii Ifa leere....

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by Commentus2: 8:47am On Jun 04, 2016
OK good one! But there are more pressing issues like how to effectively contain the Fulani arrogance and blood thirsty from taking root in our domain. cool
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by Subway1011: 8:49am On Jun 04, 2016
Proudly Yoruba. Just love my tribe like kilode....God bless Yorubaland. Odua a gbe wa oooooo. Ashe wa

6 Likes

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by SuperS1Panther: 8:51am On Jun 04, 2016
Omo yoruba ni mi oooooo

Swagger!!!!!!

Haters can keep serving their father's land in Kuje Prison. Happy compulsory NYSC to them, till they learn how to recite the national anthem in tongues.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by mycrownismighty: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2016
Yoruba the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria. God bless all our Royal Highness God bless our Governors Yoruba continue to make Nigeria proud both nationally and internationally.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by mycrownismighty: 8:56am On Jun 04, 2016
Yoruba the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria. God bless all our Royal Highness God bless our Governors Yoruba continue to make Nigeria proud both nationally and internationally.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by islandmoon: 9:10am On Jun 04, 2016
we will teach their kids yoruba language by force in our land in all schools, you must pass Yoruba to be promoted into another class! that way, they wont say Yoruba Land is a No man's land because their kids will know the history and respect Orunmila , Odua

5 Likes

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by DanielGb(m): 9:16am On Jun 04, 2016
I have it mind that if I find myself in the seat of power, I will make all our indigenous language compulsory to be pass in Waec or Neco or Nabteb as a requirement to gain admission into any higher institution of choice.

These people have come together to discuss this vital issue. Our dying culture. it all start from the Language. Our identity, including our dressing.

Yoruba Language is divine. Our culture is pure. it demands respect for elders. A call for Morals, right attitude, behaviour and Good works that is transferable to the next generation. We care so much about our name. The image it holds before others.

I failed Yoruba Language in my WAEC. but I love the language. No teacher in school to teach me in primary school days; only have little privilege to learn little in my Junior Secondary School days. All the rest were stories of my own personal WILL to know it.

Mo dupe lowo olorun. Oba ajike. to mumi mo lati kosile. My past failure is nothing. I have move forward. Every Pikin born by Yoruba Papa or Mama should be thought how to write Yoruba Language. My father was the one who taught me Yoruba Alphabet(vaweli ati Konsonati). Mum bought me handbooks on Yoruba language.

Eje kagbe Ede ati asawa laruge

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by BABANGBALI: 9:25am On Jun 04, 2016
MuyiRano:
Ile Oodua a gbe wa o
lalasticlala dis guy dey use him native language to abuse you
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by BABANGBALI: 9:26am On Jun 04, 2016
DanielGb:

Eje kagbe Ede ati asawa laruge
Seun see this guy dey use him native language to abuse you
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by eminikansoso(m): 9:50am On Jun 04, 2016
omokab:
Mo ki awon loba loba to peju pese sibi ayeye yi. Kade ope Lori ki ileke ope lorun. Bakana mo ki awon ijoye ilu ile yoruba ati awon gbajumo nla nla ti won peju pese sibi ayeye yi. Iru eleyi lamori akoni ri rede rede o.
Ile yoruba a gbe wa sowo agbe wa somo o.
Agbe wa si alafia pelu ifokanbale
ASE

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by musicwriter(m): 10:01am On Jun 04, 2016
akins56:

This's exactly why I want to be a Yoruba. I've never seen a tribe in Africa that have such sense of community and fraternity.

There's absolutely no reason English language should still be placed above our native languages in Africa, 100 years after slavery..

This's a language our ancestors were forced to speak against their will!.

What they should do is require ''credit'' in Yoruba language in schools. Then, make English non compulsory. You know what would happen?. People would still study English by choice, but the purpose of placing Yoruba above English would've been achieved!. Indonesians and Malaysians did exactly the same thing in the eighties, and immediately they did that they left Africa behind and began developing.

This's the first such meeting I've heard of any African tribe in my many years of research of the death of African languages. I don't know of any other African tribe that communally have the intellectual capability to pull off this sort of summit. Yorubas could save Africa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by dmltoyin(m): 10:27am On Jun 04, 2016
Yorubawoman
Nibo lowa
Kilo ri so si oro yi oo

Eyin omo kaaro ojire
Enle oo
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by MuyiRano(m): 10:29am On Jun 04, 2016
BABANGBALI:
lalasticlala dis guy dey use him native language to abuse you
Lol. Ur sig tho... Cause trouble
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by BABANGBALI: 10:50am On Jun 04, 2016
MuyiRano:

Lol. Ur sig tho... Cause trouble
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by BABANGBALI: 10:52am On Jun 04, 2016
dmltoyin:
Yorubawoman
Nibo lowa
Kilo ri so si oro yi oo

Eyin omo kaaro ojire
Enle oo
Seun see this this guy dey use him native language to abuse you
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by BABANGBALI: 10:53am On Jun 04, 2016
CACAWA:
Hahahahah,....

[size=18pt]Mo kí gbogbo èyin mòlebí pátá pátá porongodo jákè jádò orílé dè yìí

Ehn......Olódùmarè kò mà ní yà wá o.

Ààààse
[/size]
Seun see this guy dey use him native language to abuse you
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by dmltoyin(m): 10:57am On Jun 04, 2016
BABANGBALI:
Seun see this this guy dey use him native language to abuse you
lol
Oniro buruku
beru olorun
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by dmltoyin(m): 10:59am On Jun 04, 2016
eminikansoso:

Agbe wa si alafia pelu ifokanbale
ASE
ami ase ooo
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by YorubaWoman: 11:03am On Jun 04, 2016
dmltoyin:
Yorubawoman
Nibo lowa
Kilo ri so si oro yi oo

Eyin omo kaaro ojire
Enle oo
Only in southwest

The northerners use hausa in classrooms, on tv channels to communicate. They never care about people from other regions not understanding them.
Even other tribes

Yoruba should be made compulsory
We live for ourselves not for others

And why can't this country be divided
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by dmltoyin(m): 11:06am On Jun 04, 2016
YorubaWoman:
Only in southwest

The northerners use hausa in classrooms, on tv channels to communicate. They never care about people from other regions not understanding them.
Even other tribes

undecided
hanhan
Kilode
I support ur opinion of proper use of yoruba in schools
Buh divided country bawo
One Nigeria ooo
Ao ni ri ogun abele oo
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by BABANGBALI: 11:06am On Jun 04, 2016
dmltoyin:

Oniro buruku
beru olorun
Seun dis guy is still abusing you with his native language . Pls do the needful
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by BABANGBALI: 11:08am On Jun 04, 2016
YorubaWoman:
Only in southwest

Even other tribes

undecided
supported only sey seun no sabi speak Yoruba
Re: Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language by dmltoyin(m): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2016
BABANGBALI:
Seun dis guy is still abusing you with his native language . Pls do the needful
ale o ni le ki omo ejo marin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNFPA Hosts Ooni Ogunwusi And Wuraola In New York. Pics / 16 Fascinating African Tribal Traditions / The Igala-nation As A Prominent Pre-colonial Nigerian Entity. Read This Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.