Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL (2379 Views)

Fani-kayode Commends Buhari For Suspending FRC Code / Wike Criticises NJC For Suspending Judges Accused Of Corruption / Tension As Bakassi Militants Send Strong Message To Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by outknow: 8:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited, the Nigerian subsidiary of Dutch oil giant, Royal Dutch Shell, on Friday has confirmed Niger Delta Avengers’ claims that a major damage was done to its oil installations in Delta State in the early hours of Friday, saying the attack had forced it to shut down crude exports indefinitely.

The statement corroborates earlier statements by the Niger Delta Avengers, a new militant group that has claimed responsibility for a series of attacks on oil installations, in renewed hostilities across the oil-rich region.

The Avengers had shortly after 5 a.m. on Tuesday announced the bombing of a 48’’ export pipeline owned by Shell in the Forcados on Twitter.

“At 3:00 a.m. today, @Niger Delta Avengers blow (sic) up the SPDC forcados 48″ export line. We warned SPDC not to go ahead with repair works but they refuse,” the group tweeted.

Responding to news of the attack, Shell’s spokesman, Bamidele Odugbesan, said the incident happened between a shoreline and the Forcados Export Terminal which impacted seriously on its export capabilities.

“The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, operator of the SPDC JV, has confirmed signs of a leak on the 48 inch Forcados export pipeline at a location between shoreline and the Forcados terminal in the western Niger Delta, coming on the heels of a reported attack on the pipeline in the early hours of Friday, June 3,” the statement said.

Mr. Odugbesan said the company was assessing the impact of the damage and had “mobilised appropriate oil spill response measures”.

“We are yet to fully evaluate the potential impact and damage to the pipeline resulting from this latest incident. We have however mobilised appropriate oil spill response measures and will be conducting a joint investigation visit to the leak site with relevant stakeholders.

“We are currently focused on securing the pipeline to protect the environment. Given this latest incident and the wider security situation in the Niger Delta, we are unable to determine probable timing of resumption of exports from the Forcados terminal,” Mr. Odugbesan said.
Shell Nigeria is “the operator of the export line on behalf of the joint venture partners comprising the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC (55%), SPDC (30%), Total E&P Nigeria Ltd (10%) and Nigerian Agip Oil Company (5%),” the statement said.

The latest damage to Shell installations followed a series of bombings that rocked Chevron, Agip, and NNPC oil and gas installations across the Niger Delta in the last few days, including other Shell-operated facilities.

On Thursday night, the group made a similar claims on its Twitter account, saying it blew up “Ogboinbiri to Tebidaba and Clough Creek to Tebidaba crude oil pipelines in Bayelsa State,” as part of its campaign to bring Nigeria’s oil production output to “zero”.

On Wednesday, the Avengers said it was responsible for the destruction of Chevron oil wells RMP 23 and RMP 24, and mocked Nigeria’s military for being only “good in harassing innocent civilians.”

Nigerian military on Wednesday denied the militants’ claims that it had become helpless in the circumstance, saying it would not be negligent in its obligations to Nigerians. “The Defence Headquarters wishes to emphasize that the Nigerian Armed Forces will not relent in their efforts to flush out economic saboteurs masquerading under whatever guise to perpetuate evils in the Niger Delta,” Rabe Abubakar, the Acting Director of Defence Information, said in a statement.

http://biafrasay.com/p/321216/we-are-suspending-oil-exports-indefinitely-due-to-avengers-a

1 Like

Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by SOPIGO: 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2016
Dfg
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
So sad.

If i were Mr President,
I will not allow miscrants distract my govt.
I will go after them.
I will take the war to their doorsteps.
I will even borrow money to buy more sophiscated weapons.
That will send signal to other groups planning such in near future.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
That's bad
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by jesse8048(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2016
But I heard export is back to 1.6mpb, is it excluding or including shell exports? ?

3 Likes

Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by damoneymag(m): 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
what a pitty. I think these 'avengers' should have a rethink of their actions. These oil infrastructures they are blowing up is causing the whole nation bleed seriously. No matter the side of the divide one belongs to, we all have to speak with one voice and condemn the activities of these guys.
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by pacino26(m): 9:06pm On Jun 03, 2016
One thing I realized is that Shell has the highest and effective CASHES policy in the industry unlike some die hard.. .......

That been said, a 48" crude line ELR go make sense die. Where's this PE
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 9:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
Okay
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by Mynd44: 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2016
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by Truthfulm(m): 9:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
jesse8048:
But I heard export is back to 1.6mpb, is it excluding or including shell exports? ?
yes, 'technically '
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by Jirate(m): 9:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
kenonze:
So sad.

If i were Mr President,
I will go after them.

Shut Up Baby, Please Shut Up. I Will, I Will,
Who Told You Buhari has a Will to do Anything.

11 Likes

Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by weyab: 9:57pm On Jun 03, 2016
kenonze:
So sad.

If i were Mr President,
I will go after them.
u reason lik 6years pikin

9 Likes

Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by ahaika23: 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2016
1 down. We repping Niger Delta. Over and out!

1 Like

Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by FagsamPHP(m): 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2016
k
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by Dymaco(m): 10:31pm On Jun 03, 2016
damoneymag:
what a pitty. I think these 'avengers' should have a rethink of their actions. These oil infrastructures they are blowing up is causing the whole nation bleed seriously. No matter the side of the divide one belongs to, we all have to speak with one voice and condemn the activities of these guys.

do u know what....
z time dat fulani sell their cows and develop themselves.
let the north develop on their own

5 Likes

Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by damoneymag(m): 3:37am On Jun 04, 2016
Dymaco:

do u know what....
z time dat fulani sell their cows and develop themselves.
let the north develop on their own
Lolz....speaking of development, i can tell you for certain that most northern state are far more developed than the SS and SE states
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by OjukwuWarBird: 4:31am On Jun 04, 2016
damoneymag:

Lolz....speaking of development, i can tell you for certain that most northern state are far more developed than the SS and SE states

Height of drunkenness
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by Dymaco(m): 6:15am On Jun 04, 2016
damoneymag:

*faints*
amajiri ni
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by sanandreas(m): 6:24am On Jun 04, 2016
Nigerians don't know that crude oil is the back bone of our economy. Even if we farm the whole of Nigeria we won't get the money crude has given us so far. buhari should leave Aso rock and begin to dialogue on way out. This is not North East that when you are nothing, you've got nothing to loose. The forcados terminal connect Edo state production as well. So many companies export through that terminal. Buhari send emissaries and prove that you would listen to their plight. Firstly return that maritime university to show you truly care. Desopadec Nddc have not done well at all.
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by chukslawrence(m): 6:25am On Jun 04, 2016
K
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by mrvitalis(m): 6:39am On Jun 04, 2016
sanandreas:
Nigerians don't know that crude oil is the back bone of our economy. Even if we farm the whole of Nigeria we won't get the money crude has given us so far. buhari should leave Aso rock and begin to dialogue on way out. This is not North East that when you are nothing, you've got nothing to loose. The forcados terminal connect Edo state production as well. So many companies export through that terminal. Buhari send emissaries and prove that you would listen to their plight. Firstly return that maritime university to show you truly care. Desopadec Nddc have not done well at all.
Lol, what is the value of the food we eat??
What is the value of the oil we produce??
The oil reason oil is important is for forex and that because we are an import dependent nation
Actually when this country split we the common man will understand better.. .. Today just check how much u will spend, and check what will happen to dre prices if hausa were to go and igbos were to leave
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by sanandreas(m): 6:43am On Jun 04, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol, what is the value of the food we eat??
What is the value of the oil we produce??
The oil reason oil is important is for forex and that because we are an import dependent nation
Actually when this country split we the common man will understand better.. .. Today just check how much u will spend, and check what will happen to dre prices if hausa were to go and igbos were to leave

Please you don't have the knowledge about the oil industry. Please pick up sweet crude magazine it would enlighten you.

1 Like

Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by mrvitalis(m): 6:59am On Jun 04, 2016
sanandreas:

Please you don't have the knowledge about the oil industry. Please pick up sweet crude magazine it would enlighten you.
Lol, what's our oil revenue?? What's our GDP??
U need to read
With a good taxation system Nigeria will raise $70bn without oil, just that corruption has eaten deep into the system
Oil contribute less than 20% of our GDP while agriculture contribute over 50%
Get ur facts straight
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by sanandreas(m): 7:01am On Jun 04, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol, what's our oil revenue?? What's our GDP??
U need to read
With a good taxation system Nigeria will raise $70bn without oil, just that corruption has eaten deep into the system
Oil contribute less than 20% of our GDP while agriculture contribute over 50%
Get ur facts straight

Vitalis you can lie on. What contributes the rest 80percent?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by mrvitalis(m): 7:04am On Jun 04, 2016
sanandreas:

Vitalis you can lie on. What contributes the rest 80percent?
Agriculture, telecoms, trade, education, etc

Do u even know the difference between GDP and revenue??
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by sanandreas(m): 7:17am On Jun 04, 2016
mrvitalis:

Agriculture, telecoms, trade, education, etc

Do u even know the difference between GDP and revenue??

Hahahaha agriculture when we don't even enough to feed? The last time I check we have less than 3percent of foreigners in our universities. Nigeria trade with oil.
Re: We Are Suspending Oil Exports Indefinitely Due To Avengers Attacks -SHELL by mrvitalis(m): 8:00am On Jun 04, 2016
sanandreas:

Hahahaha agriculture when we don't even enough to feed? The last time I check we have less than 3percent of foreigners in our universities. Nigeria trade with oil.
U just confirmed u don't understand basic economics
GDP is different from revenue

Now my call to make economics and government compulsory have been justified

Go get ur o-level economics and government and read bro and stop embarrasing ur self
Good day

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Group To Petition US Govt Over Suit Against Army Chief, 13 Others / Buhari Son Flag Up For Persident 2019 To Replace His Father. / Lagos - Ibadan Railway Not A Buhari Project.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.