Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Debunking Religion With One Question - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Debunking Religion With One Question (5643 Views)

Religion With Common Sense / Debunking The Trinity Logic / youtube videos debunking Evolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2016
Can Any Of You Give A Logical Answer To This I Mean Something I Can Reason With If Religion Wasn't Created Out Of Myth To Scare Children And Was Later Taken Serious

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2016
Well To Make Things Easier For U Guys Cause Some Of You Don't Know How To Answer With Logic And Might Mistakenly Answer Illogically Don't Choose Any Of This Options

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 03, 2016
Could you please ask this question officially? Some people have problems viewing your pics due to phone type.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by dalaman: 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog will come here and be talking trash.

5 Likes

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by ikbnice(m): 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2016
I have asked myself over and over this same question. God shouldn't have given satan the power to mislead His people and commit them to sin. Since satan was created before Adam, God should have punished satan alone for his sins and prevent him from having any disciples.
Talking of the rebellion that happened in heaven then(though we were not there), God the all-powerful and all-knowing should have known before creating satan that he would do that or he should have stopped him from rebelling. If satan, a creation of God is so acursed, didn't that speak of the imperfection of God's work.
Many good things on earth(wealth, pleasure, freewill) are mostly associated with the devil as means he uses in luring his victims while God is to be served with hunger, pain, fasting, poverty etc with the promise of everlasting enjoyment somewhere.
Someone should enlighten me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 03, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Could you please ask this question officially? Some people have problems viewing your pics due to phone type.
If God Is All Powerful Why Can't He Defeat The Devil
GOD Can Do Anything Right??

GOD Created Everything Right??

GOD Is Not Bounded By Any Rules Right?? Or Is He

So Why Is It That God Prefers To Destroy Evil Not By Stopping The The Devil But By Torturing And Punishing Any One Influenced By The Devil

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
I will answer the question on the first pic using an illustration.
A teacher was solving a question pertaining to Math and then a student stands up and says the teacher is wrong, if the teacher immediately sends the student out, other students will conclude that the teacher is actually wrong and the student is right, instead the teacher hands over to the student to solve the equation his own way and if he can't solve it right, he can then punish him. It is the same with God. Besides, no evil in this world is ever caused by God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
ikbnice:
I have asked myself over and over this same question. God shouldn't have given satan the power to mislead His people and commit them to sin. Since satan was created before Adam, God should have punished satan alone for his sins and prevent him from having any disciples.
Talking of the rebellion that happened in heaven then(though we were not there), God the all-powerful and all-knowing should have known before creating satan that he would do that or he should have stopped him from rebelling. If satan, a creation of God is so acursed, didn't that speak of the imperfection of God's work.
Many good things on earth(wealth, pleasure, freewill) are mostly associated with the devil as means he uses in luring his victims while God is to be served with hunger, pain, fasting, poverty etc with the promise of everlasting enjoyment somewhere.
He Needed A Scape Goat

3 Likes

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
Lilbrown007:
If God Is All Powerful Why Can't He Defeat The Devil
GOD Can Do Anything Right??

GOD Created Everything Right??

GOD Is Not Bounded By Any Rules Right?? Or Is He

So Why Is It That God Prefers To Destroy Evil Not By Stopping The The Devil But By Torturing And Punishing Any One Influenced By The Devil

There are things which we do by our own freewill and not by spiritual influence. And God does not punish anyone unjustly. There are some things which happen by chance. There are also times in which God decides not to foreknow the future like in the case of Job, Abraham's test, Adam and Eve's disobedience e.t.c. You might be surprised I said God can decide not to foreknow the future. I will now explain. A man has the ability to lift a very heavy rock which others can't does not mean it is every rock he sees he begins to lift to show his strength................. If you want me to quote from the Scriptures, I will gladly do that............
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2016
lordnicklaus:
I will answer the question on the first pic using an illustration.
A teacher was solving a question pertaining to Math and then a student stands up and says the teacher is wrong, if the teacher immediately sends the student out, other students will conclude that the teacher is actually wrong and the student is right, instead the teacher hands over to the student to solve the equation his own way and if he can't solve it right, he can then punish him. It is the same with God. Besides, no evil in this world is ever caused by God.
If No Evil Is Caused By GOD Then How Did Evil Come About?? And No Don't Tell Me Devil Cause GOD Also Created Him

4 Likes

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2016
Lilbrown007:
If No Evil Is Caused By GOD Then How Did Evil Come About?? And No Don't Tell Me Devil Cause GOD Also Created Him

Yea, He also gave angels freewill, the Devil chose to misuse his own freewill, he suddenly developed a proud attitude since he was a god...........
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Yea, He also gave angels freewill, the Devil chose to misuse his own freewill, he suddenly developed a proud attitude since he was a god...........
No No No You Ain't Answering The Question Where Did Devil Get That Idea Of Evil Or Proudness From??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 03, 2016
Lilbrown007:
No No No You Ain't Answering The Question Where Did Devil Get That Idea Of Evil Or Proudness From??

That, I admit, I cannot answer for now. But you could check my previous replies and tell me what you think about them.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
lordnicklaus:

There are things which we do by our own freewill and not by spiritual influence. And God does not punish anyone unjustly. There are some things which happen by chance. There are also times in which God decides not to foreknow the future like in the case of Job, Abraham's test, Adam and Eve's disobedience e.t.c. You might be surprised I said God can decide not to foreknow the future. I will now explain. A man has the ability to lift a very heavy rock which others can't does not mean it is every rock he sees he begins to lift to show his strength................. If you want me to quote from the Scriptures, I will gladly do that............
Yeah You Are Free To Quote Scriptures
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by braithwaite(m): 10:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
ikbnice:

[b]

Am glad you people are beginning to reason deeply.. now the religious folks with come down here and troll on you that, you shouldn't use your thinking to justify God's act or articulation ..because God is a teacher,that his student will be afraid to ask questions? Or a comedian, that the audience will be scared to laugh?.. make una use brain .

religion, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry

Religion has turned untested belief into unshakable truth through the power of following written books by some silly fellow,you know if God did not exist, it would be necessary for them to invent him...and they did..
And again I stop believing any religious crap.. look at this stance for example:
* humans: freewill
* Lucifer: freewill ?
And I thought lucifer is and archangel oo. there's also this serious mystery of why lucifer was allowed to rebel against God. God gave man free will. But Lucifer was not a humman - he was an archangel.. yet a misery..and I think since the so-called God see Lucifer has rebel against him, so like an engineer who build a particular software and got corrupt, then he discard and created human version 2.0, guess since the new updates, the so called God erase the free-will from archangel

Certainly,I don't know the reason of an archangel to have freewill, coz what makes humans have free will, then a person still has the ability to choose evil, regardless of whether there is outside temptation urging them that way. Yrt the numbers of people still turn to evil even though lucifer is locked away from the world .or maybe some of the angels has spare keys wink I don't know. And, presumably, God does not want us to choose evil, even if he does leave that option open. Why, then, would he not remove as many enticements to evil as possible, to ensure that the greatest number of people make the right choice? God’s decision to let lucifer roam free or whoever open his dungeon. in the Christian view, can only be seen as an act of incompetence or malice. It ensures that more people end up damned than otherwise would have been. If there was any evidence that any of this was true, such a plan of action would cast serious doubt on the goodness of the planner, and raise the question of whether a deity who unleashed a being as evil as Satan on the world would be truly deserving of our devotion or our worship.

Dont know maybe the so - called god isnt fit yet to conquer the so called devil ,but he's fit this days, his focus has shifted onto concepts like gender equality, gay-pride,drinking,smoking immorality and science, etc he's done quite a bit for humanity,yet the one major sinner is yet to conquer?
Chai embarassed guess heaven will be full of free will

The Devil is sort of like a prison warden in charge of keeping inmate and punishing, and we don't generally regard wardens as evil. Maybe the Devil was invented by those who invent God as a loyal opposition ,

And to prospective quoter am not bashing any religion here or trying to convince you into leaving your doctrine..am just here saying out my opinion ..and I guess God won't smash my head against the wall for **free will opinion ** so no smash me grin grin grin

So to your question.. The so called God is unfit to tackle him for now, let wait and see what happens.. watch out

[/b]

Lalasticlala today na Sunday move this thing

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by malvisguy212: 11:02pm On Jun 03, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Evil came from satan will, from his conscience, evil is uncreated. BEFORE the commandment came, God had give man conscience to understand Good and bad.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2016
malvisguy212:
Evil came from satan will, from his conscience, evil is uncreated. BEFORE the commandment came, God had give man conscience to understand Good and bad.
So U Mean Satan Is Superior To GOD!!! He Was Able To Create Evil Of His Will Do U Also Mean God Is Not Perfect?? If U Agree That Angels Could Create Evil Of Their Will?? Did Satan Also Eat The Apple ni?? But God Created That Tree So GOD Created Evil!!!

5 Likes

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by malvisguy212: 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2016
Lilbrown007:
So U Mean Satan Is Superior To GOD!!! He Was Able To Create Evil Of His Will Do U Also Mean God Is Not Perfect?? If U Agree That Angels Could Create Evil Of Their Will?? Did Satan Also Eat The Apple ni?? But God Created That Tree So GOD Created Evil!!!
were in my post I say satan create evil ? Thank you.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 03, 2016
malvisguy212:
were in my post I say satan create evil ? Thank you.
Common You Said This Na

Evil came from satan will
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by malvisguy212: 11:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Common You Said This Na

malvisguy212:
Evil is uncreated.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
[quote author=malvisguy212 post=46252305][/quote] So Evil Doesn't Exist Then
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by malvisguy212: 11:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/2035915/did-god-create-evil-does

One of the most common reasons skeptics
reject the existence of God is due to the
presence of evil in this universe. They reason
that a perfect God would not create a universe
in which evil exists. Skeptics claim that since
God created everything that God must have also created evil. They even cite Bible verses, such as:
'' I form the light, and create darkness: I make
peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. ( Isaiah 45:7, KJV)''

'' Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the
people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? ( Amos 3:6, KJV)''
'
' Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good? ( Lamentations 3:38)''

However, evil is not really a created thing. You
can't see, touch, feel, smell or hear evil. It is not one of the fundamental forces of physics, nor does it consist of matter, energy, or the spatial dimensions of the universe. Still, skeptics like to claim that God created evil and cite the Bible to "prove" their point. The Bible is quite clear that God is not the author of evil and insists that He is incapable of. doing so.
Skeptics love the KJV so much, one would think
that they were still back in medieval England. Use of this translation is problematic these days, since it uses an archaic version of modern English, which doesn't necessarily mean the same things today as when it
was translated over 400 years ago. In addition,
the KJV was produced using a limited number of medieval manuscripts that did not represent the earliest Alexandrian set of manuscripts.
WHAT DO THE MODERN TRANSLATION SAY?
1.Isaiah 45:7.
The One forming light and creating darkness,
Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am
the LORD who does all these. ( Isaiah 45:7, NASB)
I form the light and create darkness, I bring
prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do
all these things. ( Isaiah 45:7, NIV)
Isaiah 45:7 contrasts opposites. Darkness is the opposite of light. However, evil is not the
opposite of peace.The Hebrew word translated
"peace" is shallom which has many meanings, mostly related to the well being of individuals. Râ‛âh, the Hebrew word translated "evil" in the KJV often refers to adversity or calamity. There are two forms of the word. Strong's H7451a most often refers to moral evil, whereas Strong's H7451b (the form used here) most often refers to calamity or distress. Obviously,
"calamity" is a better antonym of "peace" than
"evil."
2.Amos3:6.
If a trumpet is blown in a city will not the people tremble? If a calamity occurs in a city has not the
LORD done it? ( Amos 3:6, NASB)
When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the
people tremble? When disaster comes to a city, has not the LORD caused it? ( Amos 3:6, NIV) Likewise, Amos 3:6 uses the same word, râ‛âh, referring to calamity or disaster. the context (a disaster happening to a city) does not refer to moral evil.
3. Lamentations 3:38
Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that
both calamities and good things come?
( Lamentations 3:38, NIV)
Is it not from the mouth of the Most High That
both good and ill go forth? ( Lamentations 3:38,
NASB) The King James Version of Lamentations 3:38 seems to suggest that God speaks both good and evil. However, if one reads the verse in context, the preceding verses indicate that God does not do or approve of evil. The verse following indicates that people should not complain in view of their sins. What the verse really is saying that God decrees times of good things and times of judgment. Lamentations was written by Jeremiah during a time
of judgment, when Judah had gone off into
exile. Jeremiah was chosen by God to be the prophet to tell Judah to reform or be judged. The people did not believe Jeremiah, and, therefore, fell under God's judgment. In Lamentations 3:38, the word translated "good" is ṭôb (Strong's H2896). The word usually refers to good things as opposed to bad things. Again, râ‛âh does not refer to moral evil, but
calamities, in this verse. Likewise, the Bible
commentaries indicate that the verse refers to
God's judgment based upon people's sin
Conclusion;
God is not the author of evil. However, God
does reward and punish on the basis of good and bad behavior. Therefore, God does bring judgment and calamity (either directly or through human authorities) on those who rebel. God will ultimately judge all people, since rebels will not be allowed in the new, perfect creation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by malvisguy212: 11:41pm On Jun 03, 2016
Lilbrown007:
So Evil Doesn't Exist Then
Good and Evil exist, they are uncreated. In the absent of Evil, Good is present, in the absent of Evil, Good is present. Good and evil exist because of the choice we made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 03, 2016
malvisguy212:
https://www.nairaland.com/2035915/did-god-create-evil-does

One of the most common reasons skeptics
reject the existence of God is due to the
presence of evil in this universe. They reason
that a perfect God would not create a universe
in which evil exists. Skeptics claim that since
God created everything that God must have also created evil. They even cite Bible verses, such as:
'' I form the light, and create darkness: I make
peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. ( Isaiah 45:7, KJV)''

'' Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the
people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? ( Amos 3:6, KJV)''
'
' Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good? ( Lamentations 3:38)''

However, evil is not really a created thing. You
can't see, touch, feel, smell or hear evil. It is not one of the fundamental forces of physics, nor does it consist of matter, energy, or the spatial dimensions of the universe. Still, skeptics like to claim that God created evil and cite the Bible to "prove" their point. The Bible is quite clear that God is not the author of evil and insists that He is incapable of. doing so.
Skeptics love the KJV so much, one would think
that they were still back in medieval England. Use of this translation is problematic these days, since it uses an archaic version of modern English, which doesn't necessarily mean the same things today as when it
was translated over 400 years ago. In addition,
the KJV was produced using a limited number of medieval manuscripts that did not represent the earliest Alexandrian set of manuscripts.
WHAT DO THE MODERN TRANSLATION SAY?
1.Isaiah 45:7.
The One forming light and creating darkness,
Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am
the LORD who does all these. ( Isaiah 45:7, NASB)
I form the light and create darkness, I bring
prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do
all these things. ( Isaiah 45:7, NIV)
Isaiah 45:7 contrasts opposites. Darkness is the opposite of light. However, evil is not the
opposite of peace.The Hebrew word translated
"peace" is shallom which has many meanings, mostly related to the well being of individuals. Râ‛âh, the Hebrew word translated "evil" in the KJV often refers to adversity or calamity. There are two forms of the word. Strong's H7451a most often refers to moral evil, whereas Strong's H7451b (the form used here) most often refers to calamity or distress. Obviously,
"calamity" is a better antonym of "peace" than
"evil."
2.Amos3:6.
If a trumpet is blown in a city will not the people tremble? If a calamity occurs in a city has not the
LORD done it? ( Amos 3:6, NASB)
When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the
people tremble? When disaster comes to a city, has not the LORD caused it? ( Amos 3:6, NIV) Likewise, Amos 3:6 uses the same word, râ‛âh, referring to calamity or disaster. the context (a disaster happening to a city) does not refer to moral evil.
3. Lamentations 3:38
Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that
both calamities and good things come?
( Lamentations 3:38, NIV)
Is it not from the mouth of the Most High That
both good and ill go forth? ( Lamentations 3:38,
NASB) The King James Version of Lamentations 3:38 seems to suggest that God speaks both good and evil. However, if one reads the verse in context, the preceding verses indicate that God does not do or approve of evil. The verse following indicates that people should not complain in view of their sins. What the verse really is saying that God decrees times of good things and times of judgment. Lamentations was written by Jeremiah during a time
of judgment, when Judah had gone off into
exile. Jeremiah was chosen by God to be the prophet to tell Judah to reform or be judged. The people did not believe Jeremiah, and, therefore, fell under God's judgment. In Lamentations 3:38, the word translated "good" is ṭôb (Strong's H2896). The word usually refers to good things as opposed to bad things. Again, râ‛âh does not refer to moral evil, but
calamities, in this verse. Likewise, the Bible
commentaries indicate that the verse refers to
God's judgment based upon people's sin
Conclusion;
God is not the author of evil. However, God
does reward and punish on the basis of good and bad behavior. Therefore, God does bring judgment and calamity (either directly or through human authorities) on those who rebel. God will ultimately judge all people, since rebels will not be allowed in the new, perfect creation.
Common Who Created Love I bet U Will Say God Did Now Apply What You Wrote Up To That

1 Like

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
malvisguy212:
Good and Evil exist, they are uncreated. In the absent of Evil, Good is present, in the absent of Evil, Good is present. Good and evil exist because of the choice we made.
How Can Something Exist And Not Be Created

4 Likes

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by malvisguy212: 12:00am On Jun 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:
alright. Remain an atheist. Bye
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by braithwaite(m): 12:09am On Jun 04, 2016
malvisguy212:

That's the misconception with this belivers.. must you be an atheist to reason out of Biblical reference and doctrinaire 's teaching?

5 Likes

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 04, 2016
malvisguy212:
grinYeah Run U R Free

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:56am On Jun 04, 2016
dalaman:
KingEbukasBlog will come here and be talking trash.

And the obsession with the non existent God continues . Why give this thread an exciting headline when is its the same old boring question

Satan is bound

Revelation 20 : 2-3

2. He seized the dragon, the ancient serpent who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3. And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time.

Satan is then vanquished and will never return again

Revelation 20:10
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

You might consider asking Satan that question during this period though wink because

Revelation 20 : 12 -15

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Dalaman 'd be asking the question to ridicule now , you won't get a funny reply when the answer to that question would be given soon cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Yeah You Are Free To Quote Scriptures

"And He said, touch not the lad neither do anything to him: for now I know that you fear God, seeing that you have not withheld your son, your only son from me." - Genesis 22:12.

"And He said, who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree, which I commanded you that you should not eat?" - Genesis 3:11.

With the above scriptures, we can see that in these cases, God decided not to foreknow the future. It would sound absurd for Him to have known the exact time, date and second they would eat of the tree and then when the time comes, He begins to ask "Have you eaten the fruit?."

Also during Abraham's test, He said "Now I know" which shows He decided not to know the future....
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by malvisguy212: 8:52am On Jun 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:
alright, you are an atheist, right ? And you believe evil exist, and can be created, right ? I return the question to you, the viewer has read my explanation. Let us hear from an atheist, how does evil came into being ? Since you beileve, evil is created, who create it ? Thank you.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by malvisguy212: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Common Who Created Love I bet U Will Say God Did Now Apply What You Wrote Up To That
Trash!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Untold Truth About Water Spirit: What You Don't Know! / Women Were Not Created By God For Men - Seun Kuti / Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.