Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme (5094 Views)

JAMB: VC Advises On Scrapping Of Post UTME / ASUU Rejects FG's Scrapping Of Post-UTME (See Why) / ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by NaijaComms: 9:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme And Jamb 2016 General Cut Off Marks.
For those who think the challenges are over, I think it just got tougher, Dibu tagged the word benchmark to 180. Benchmark simply means a standard by which something is measured. So 180 being the general cut off Mark in all the institution in nigeria is just
the lowest minimum score determined by jamb

Below are the major fall out of this......continue reading: http://www.naijacomms.com/2016/06/see-what-prof-dibu-ojerinde-meant-by.html

Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by NaijaComms: 11:55pm On Jun 03, 2016
what do you think about this new policy
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by brainpower(m): 4:01am On Jun 04, 2016
I think the policy is good. It's either this or we scrap JAMB. But the schools can still set their cut off marks. Post-UTME are just used by schools to make money

3 Likes

Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by patmegame: 4:09am On Jun 04, 2016
that's good but people are misunderstanding
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by Truman155(m): 8:33am On Jun 04, 2016
my conscience didn't allow me to click that link
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2016
Truman155:
my conscience didn't allow me to click that link
Hahahaha i taught i was the only one brother.
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by harjayi(m): 9:09am On Jun 04, 2016
It is easier to get 180, but my question is how will this school know who to admit, it means bribing and corruption will be high. If don't have money and you don't know anybody (long leg) then your chance of gaining admission is very low.
The FG should scrap Jamb instead of Post Utme or leave the two.

1 Like

Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by harjayi(m): 9:11am On Jun 04, 2016
brainpower:
I think the policy is good. It's either this or we scrap JAMB. But the schools can still set their cut off marks. Post-UTME are just used by schools to make money
scarping Jamb is better. Let the school school set exam for the student they want to admit
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by tulipsmadra: 9:55am On Jun 04, 2016
harjayi:
It is easier to get 180, but my question is how will this school know who to admit, it means bribing and corruption will be high. If don't have money and you don't know anybody (long leg) then your chance of gaining admission is very low.
The FG should scrap Jamb instead of Post Utme or leave the two.

My thoughts exactly. The whole process will soon get worse.
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by harjayi(m): 10:13am On Jun 04, 2016
tulipsmadra:

My thoughts exactly. The whole process will soon get worse.
they are are just complicating issues for the poor students
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by NaijaComms: 11:25am On Jun 04, 2016
to me I think the federal universities would definitely be for the rich. this would adversely increase bribery and corruption
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by hpk(m): 12:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
THANK ME LATER...

For those who think the challenges are over, I think it just got tougher, Dibu tagged the word benchmark to 180. Benchmark simply means a standard by which something is measured. So 180 being the general cut off Mark in all the institution in nigeria is just
the lowest minimum score determined by jamb. Its now left for the institution to make a final decision if the jamb cut off mark and Eligibility should be 180, 200,230 or above.

Here are the words of the JAMB Registrar, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde after the meeting, “180 is given, no institution will go below 180 this year, And some universities can go above it, I know University of Ife will not go below 200 and University of Lagos will not go below 200 and also UI.

As for the scrapping of the post utme, I pray if that is true, cause this type of good news has been announced back in 2008.

The cut off-mark of top institutions like UNIBEN, UNILORIN, OAU, UI, UNILAG may shoot up to 220, 240 or even 250. However, no institution will go below 180.

The responsibility of placing candidates in schools will now reside with JAMB. However, JAMB has to first confirm the requirements of institutions before placing candidates in such institution. For instance, if UNIBEN decides that its cut-off mark for this year is 250, it is only candidates who applied to study in UNIBEN and score up to 250 will secure admission.
Similarly, since the bench cut-off mark is 180, JAMB may decide to re-distribute candidates who scored up to 180 to other institutions (who knows, it could be a university, polytechnic or College of education since they all have the same cut-off mark) if the institution they originally chose have reached its admission quota or if such candidates UTME score fall below the set cut-off mark of their specific institutions.

The scrapping of Post-UTME does not necessarily mean that institutions cannot conduct other forms of screening, it only means they cannot conduct another form of examination similar to UTME. So schools may decide to use oral interview or verification of documents to screen candidates.

The scrapping of post-UTME will equally save candidates the cost of purchasing their school's post-UTME form and going through the usual hassles associated with it.
However, all these factors will be expected to play out when ASUU, ASUP and NCEE accept the outcome of the 2016 JAMB Combined Policy meeting.

Since these bodies are yet to express their stance on this, we will only wait to see how it plays out at the end of it all.
Now, lets know your opinion on this
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by Jifem(m): 12:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
It is only those dat never experienced the fake result stuff will continue to believe dat dis policy has no fault,for goodness sake de damn youths ar been frustrated....I swear in front of Jesus,Jamb is de son of satan and shd be d one scraped nt d post-utme....as far as am concern,Jamb is d vampire here,sucking on nig youth sleepless nyt lyk its their appetite,since Jamb is nt seeing his fault,brother I see de ten thousand chariot and its riders heading to jamb office.,its gona consume it, if it dint amend its way rather than looking for helpless post-utme to lay its fault upon.
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by tolugar: 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2016
NYSC will follow soon
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by ChiomaUdemba(m): 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
NYSC follow suit

1 Like

Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by NaijaComms: 10:40am On Jun 05, 2016
NaijaComms:
what do you think about this new policy

not only that, Mallam Adamu Adamu Announces The Deadline For 2016 Admission Process which is on the November 30th, 2016.

don't know if some institution can meet up with this expectations
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by NaijaComms: 10:41am On Jun 05, 2016
NaijaComms:
See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme And Jamb 2016 General Cut Off Marks.

Below are the major fall out of this......continue reading: http://www.naijacomms.com/2016/06/see-what-prof-dibu-ojerinde-meant-by.html

not only that, Mallam Adamu Adamu Announces The Deadline For 2016 Admission Process which is on the November 30th, 2016.
don't know if some institution can meet up with this expectations
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by Chrisx1x(m): 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
NaijaComms:

my phone doesn't have a click button
Re: See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme by sahmih(m): 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
harjayi:
scarping Jamb is better. Let the school school set exam for the student they want to admit
Scrapping Jamb would be so foolish..if we scrap JAMB inefficiency and cumbersomeness would be the light of the day in the Universities as the mass rush on the post utme would be hefty...our high population that we cant manage well is the cause of all this shocked

(1) (Reply)

Ex-students Mocks Wicked Teacher Who Is Now An Uber Driver On Twitter / Federal Polytechnic, Offa (PICS) / What Will You Do If Your Roommate Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.