Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,920 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:33 PM

Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur (18551 Views)

Architectural Designs AND Civil Constructions / Sustainable And Intelligent Architectural Designs / Contemporary Architectural Designs Just For You Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by smartpaploo(m): 8:41am On Jun 05, 2016
nice one
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by eightsin(m): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2016
Nice thread.
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by xmileeasy: 9:08am On Jun 05, 2016
n3xt:

How about raised bungalows? Bungalows with a pent floor.

Raised bungalows are nice concept. Visited my boss residence in his village. From the exterior view I thought it was just a bungalow, stepping into the building my perception changed seeing the pent floor with 3 bedrooms, two store and a sitting room.
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by n3xt(m): 9:43am On Jun 05, 2016
xmileeasy:

Raised bungalows are nice concept. Visited my boss residence in his village. From the exterior view I thought it was just a bungalow, stepping into the building my perception changed seeing the pent floor with 3 bedrooms, two store and a sitting room.

Very correct. Who could have imagined that the building attached is a bungalow with a pent structure.

Lighter load. Safer structure. Yet beautifully crafted.

There are so many beautiful concept like this around. We only need creative designers and architects.

Thanks for sharing on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by Biodunalley: 9:56am On Jun 05, 2016
nice one

1 Like

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by Arclan07: 9:58am On Jun 05, 2016
n3xt:
7. Architect, designer and builder disagree on aspects of the build

Sometimes, when the architect is left to himself to create a wow, he might go ahead to do things that are not only difficult to build but can give rise to conflict among the contractor and the owner.
For this reason, everyone involved in the design and construction of any project should be carried along from the design stage when the building is still on paper.
The major areas where conflicts arise in design works includes roof designs (the height and the materials), foundation design, concealing ancilliary services etc.
that is why it's better if the architect also take up a supervisory role as in project manage the construction at times ,by so doing he educates and gives a better understanding of the design to the handlers of the project,being an architect myself I have come across client who insist they want their own contractor to handle a construction ,what do you do in this situation , you have produce a very complex design which the client is in love with,but can you vouch for those who will handle it ,that is why as as an architect if you are producing a wow you yourself must have a complete understanding of the construction methodology so that you yourself won't be found wanting should their be a problem when work is in progress.

2 Likes

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by yuskol03: 10:03am On Jun 05, 2016
the architect should consult a professional Surveyor for the preliminary knowledge of the site i.e survey plan
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by n3xt(m): 10:14am On Jun 05, 2016
yuskol03:
the architect should consult a professional Surveyor for the preliminary knowledge of the site i.e survey plan

I think a preliminary site visit should be a must for any design architect prior to designing any building. Most of the time, people just buy architectural plans online without site visit only to discover that some of the design elements won't fit the lot they purchase.

Critical factors to pay attention to includes the topography of the land, the soil condition, the streetscape (I hate designs that put a round peg in a square hole eg. Putting a 3 level building in midst of bungalows), orientation (at times the main design are placed in areas where you hardly notice them), position to maximize good airflow and so many more.

I'm sure we will all agree these are no fault of the client. He's not the professional here.

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by n3xt(m): 10:32am On Jun 05, 2016
Architectural Designs | Ideal Distances

This might help one or two people when planning their buildings.

1 Like

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by xmileeasy: 10:33am On Jun 05, 2016
n3xt:

Very correct. Who could have imagined that the building attached is a bungalow with a pent structure.

There are so many beautiful concept like this around. We only need creative designers and architects.

Thanks sir, although I am not an architect but working with them have rub off on me, sometimes they mistakenly call me Arc.......
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by yuskol03: 10:37am On Jun 05, 2016
n3xt:

I think a preliminary site visit should be a must for any design architect prior to designing any building. Most of the time, people just buy architectural plans online without site visit only to discover that some of the design elements won't fit the lot they purchase.

Critical factors to pay attention to includes the topography of the land, the soil condition, the streetscape (I hate designs that put a round peg in a square hole eg. Putting a 3 level building in midst of bungalows), orientation (at times the main design are placed in areas where you hardly notice them), position to maximize good airflow and so many more.

I'm sure we will all agree these are no fault of the client. He's not the professional here.
in view of these, a good consultation with a professional Surveyor at the preliminary and finishing stage of a particular environmental development will enhance a sustainable meaningful development.

1 Like

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by n3xt(m): 10:40am On Jun 05, 2016
Architectural Design | Ideal Ventilation to Maximize Airflow and Warmth in Winter

Please take note the position changes with the building orientation.

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by n3xt(m): 10:44am On Jun 05, 2016
Architectural Designs | Ideal Furniture Sizes and Spaces to Maximize Good Circulation.

It's not compulsory to have this arrangement by default but it should help to make best of our designs.
There are so many good designs on paper but they're non-functional when built because of lack of good space planning.

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by Biafra101: 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
I still say that form must follow function
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by ifeanyi83(m): 2:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
valdetino:
Nice one op but Client should know that is not everybody that answers Architect is truly an Architect.
If u need an Architect make sure the person has at least Msc in Architecture, many draftsmen are in town claiming Architect because they managed to do a small Job, those men are really spoiling the name of Architects in this country.

Clients please be WISE, use your HEAD.

And how many Msc Architecture holders truly know what Architecture should be??

1 Like

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by toys2seven(m): 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2016
Professional bodies should restrict and sanction surveyors, estate managers, civil engineers, etc from also taking up the work of an architect.
It's disrespectful and it can lead to future hazard.

That's how I saw one medical doctor who has building design projects, just because he has learnt how to use AutoCAD

1 Like

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by n3xt(m): 4:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
toys2seven:
Professional bodies should restrict and sanction surveyors, estate managers, civil engineers, etc from also taking up the work of an architect.
It's disrespectful and it can lead to future hazard.

That's how I saw one medical doctor who has building design projects, just because he has learnt how to use AutoCAD

Suffice to say the government has failed us in Nigeria woefully.

Buildings collapse because the Standard Organization are sleeping while substandard iron rods are been sold into the market. Of course, where there's no consequence, evil will triumph.

How do we explain learning design within 4 weekends. What will the person be taught?

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by valdetino(m): 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2016
ifeanyi83:

And how many Msc Architecture holders truly know what Architecture should be??

Are you listening to yourself?
Pls don't comment because u want to talk.
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by Gesd(m): 7:29pm On Jun 05, 2016
m sorry bro I totally disagree an architect will always satisfy is Client am a student of architecture
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by faorex(m): 4:58am On Jun 06, 2016
valdetino:
Nice one op but Client should know that is not everybody that answers Architect is truly an Architect.
If u need an Architect make sure the person has at least Msc in Architecture, many draftsmen are in town claiming Architect because they managed to do a small Job, those men are really spoiling the name of Architects in this country.

Clients please be WISE, use HEAD.
Msc ke? Have you ever seen an HNd holder you will bow proudly a polytechnic student
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by msogunro: 5:09am On Jun 06, 2016
n3xt:

Can you share other angles of this bungalow?
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by n3xt(m): 5:21am On Jun 06, 2016
msogunro:

Can you share other angles of this bungalow?

Just this for now.

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:58am On Jun 06, 2016
valdetino:

Clients please be WISE, use your HEAD.
.unfortunately, the MSC guarantees nothing! Someone without it may prove better.
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by valdetino(m): 6:59am On Jun 06, 2016
faorex:
Msc ke? Have you ever seen an HNd holder you will bow proudly a polytechnic student
Bros Architecture is not only about the fine 3Ds u see everywhere there is more to Architecture than those pics.
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by valdetino(m): 7:04am On Jun 06, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
.unfortunately, the MSC guarantees nothing! Someone without it may prove better.
Yes MAY but for you to be a registered Architect you must have it.
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by toys2seven(m): 9:22am On Jun 06, 2016
n3xt:

Suffice to say the government has failed us in Nigeria woefully.

Buildings collapse because the Standard Organization are sleeping while substandard iron rods are been sold into the market. Of course, where there's no consequence, evil will triumph.

How do we explain learning design within 4 weekends. What will the person be taught?

As in, the worst part is that those who think they've been taught become so eager to take up "real" projects, since their "teachers" only care about the money. It's sad really. One country, too many "archi-tects".

1 Like

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by n3xt(m): 9:37am On Jun 06, 2016
Really sad situation.
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:44am On Jun 06, 2016
valdetino:

Yes MAY but for you to be a registered Architect you must have it.
You are still committing the same blunder, I am an architect and I have met people with seals who don't know jack about architecture and people with no MSC who are really good.

1 Like

Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by n3xt(m): 10:46am On Jun 06, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You are still committing the same blunder, I am an architect and I have met people with seals who don't know jack about architecture and people with no MSC who are really good.

Good to see professionals rising up to this challenge. What must be done to deal with this issues?
Re: Architectural Designs And Problems That May Occur by valdetino(m): 12:01pm On Jun 07, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Bros I can only speak for my self, anybody that has an Msc in Architecture and he or she can't perform is a disgrace to Architecture.

But we must get things right in Architecture because they way Architectural practice is going in our country now if it continues we may be out of the biz in the next 20years.
We Architects must come together and have one mind and one voice and this can be achieved through our professional body.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hot Offer! Beachfield Estate Epe Now Selling N850k Per Plot / Urgent Sale: A Brand New 5 Bedroom Duplex With 2 Rooms BQ At Chevron Drive / VATICAN GARDEN ASABA, CALL US NOW FOR THIS AMAZING DISCOUNT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.