Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading (3248 Views)

Buhari Condemns Killing Of Bridget Agbahime In Kano, Sues For Peace / How Mrs Bridget Was Brutalized and killed In Kano: (twitter Narrative) / Nigerians React To Bridget Patience Agbaheme's Murder In Kano Over "Blasphemy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by ceo247frolic(m): 7:02am On Jun 04, 2016
The following statement was releaased by Governor Umar Ganduje’s director general of media and communications.

The governor has been engaging stakeholders since morning over the death of Mrs Bridget Patience who was killed yesterday (Thursday) by mob action.

He is indeed disturbed by this incidence and is personally saddened by this unfortunate mob action that led to her death.

Since the incidence was brought to the governor’s attention, he has been meeting with several stakeholders in order to get the full details of it.

These series of engagements with stakeholders just concluded with a meeting with Council of Ulamas, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Kano Chapter and leader of Igbos in Kano.

The husband of late Mrs Bridget was also part of the stakeholders he engaged with throughout the day, including reps of security agencies.

At the end of these series of engagements, all stakeholders came to a mutual agreement and agreed on the following resolutions.

The governor on behalf of the state government wishes to express his condolences to the husband of the deceased and her family.
All the stakeholders unanimously agreed that Mrs Bridget Patience was illegally killed and also condemned the action in totality.
The governor along with the stakeholders also agreed that justice must be done as the suspect has been apprehended by the police.
The stakeholders, particularly the Council of Ulamas and the CAN leadership have also been urged to publicly condemn this barbaric act.
Governor Ganduje also urged the religious leaders to intensify efforts in enlightening the general public on taking laws into their hands
He also promised that the State Government will assist the family of the deceased prepare for the burial arrangements.

These are the resolutions reached by the stakeholders the governor after series of consultations that started since morning.

May the gentle soul of Mrs Bridget Patience rest in peace and May God give her husband and her family the fortitude to bear the loss.

One person arrested so far. He is the main suspect. Investigation is still ongoing and others will also be arrested.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/06/mrs-bridget-patience-killing-kano-govt.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by redcap: 7:08am On Jun 04, 2016
Why arrest just one person when there are several others implicated in the mob action.Something tells me this issue will soon be swept under the carpet. An eye for an eye is the best justice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 04, 2016
No single apology; only expressing condolence. They know what they are doing.

1 Like

Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Samtob90(m): 7:15am On Jun 04, 2016
The tone of the press release is too cold because as barbaric as this act is, the practise has been on for years without challenge.
Where were the security agents during this period?
Necessary actions need to be taken before nigeria go to another war

3 Likes

Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by FlyoruB: 7:16am On Jun 04, 2016
Yinmu. The real culprit is most likely somewhere performing ablution and sipping kunu. So unfortunate that we Yorubas have to be forced to co-exist with barbarians up North and even here in the south. Smh. R.I.P to the deceased.

2 Likes

Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Poorboy: 7:27am On Jun 04, 2016
I reserve my comment
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Abeymills(m): 7:36am On Jun 04, 2016
Arrant nonsense here d chief malu a woman was brutally murdered in cold blood n dis d best u say?its a shame ma ur soul not rest until hunt down each n every one of those who cut life short wit d guise of watever amin
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by oshyno(m): 7:36am On Jun 04, 2016
Well a good step for a start. Sanusi too should raign in on his boys and condenm this act, sound it to them they will be locked up or even be executed for murder if they do that again.

There is too much tension in d land already and every stakeholder shud endevour to preach peace.
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by uduokirika1(m): 7:41am On Jun 04, 2016
Mrs Bridget Patience

Abeg d woman no get surname?

Even the Gov is trying to down play the gravity of the crime!

It is only in Nothern Nigeria that consultations are held before. The police swing into action!

Let for me the CP of kano state should resign 'cos his men were on ground when the crime. Was comitted they only succeded in rescuing the husband no gunshotz, no tear. Gas, no arrest no accidental discharge!

This morning. They are telling us only one. Person has been arrested!

Such scenerio are the reasons why this country is. A scam!

I. Bet u if that was a non Nigerian say Ghanian she won't be killed because of the diplomatic implications. This is why some of us believe a retstructuring of the sovereignity of this country has become an inevitable ventur

1 Like

Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by bender79: 7:43am On Jun 04, 2016
F******k muslims
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by gists: 7:48am On Jun 04, 2016
kaorama:
No single apology; only expressing condolence. They know what they are doing.
What a f0olish statement!
What on earth do you need an apology for?
Is it apology that is needed or justice?
Sometimes we let bigotry to becloud our sense or reasoning.
So if the government apologizes you'll be ok even without the killers brought to book.
This is the same line of thinking that made people go hysterical because PMB did not go for the Ogoni clean-up "opening ceremony" - even though the man has followed the approval of the UNEP report with real-world action and the actual cleanup has started (and some are still wailing that he didn't come for the opening as if that is what matters to the Ogoni people or is he the one that has to physically clean the town?)

Kano government should do more than just condole the bereaved family. The arrested person must be DRILLED so as to name others that were involved and ALL OF THEM BROUGHT TO BOOK!

This is 2016, no time for unnecessary apologies but judicial action!
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Abagworo(m): 7:49am On Jun 04, 2016
At least for the 1st time in history of Nigeria justice might actually be done and perpetrators of useless religious extremist mob action brought to book.
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by keally: 7:55am On Jun 04, 2016
ceo247frolic:
The following statement was releaased by Governor Umar Ganduje’s director general of media and communications.

The governor has been engaging stakeholders since morning over the death of Mrs Bridget Patience who was killed yesterday (Thursday) by mob action.

He is indeed disturbed by this incidence and is personally saddened by this unfortunate mob action that led to her death.

Since the incidence was brought to the governor’s attention, he has been meeting with several stakeholders in order to get the full details of it.

These series of engagements with stakeholders just concluded with a meeting with Council of Ulamas, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Kano Chapter and leader of Igbos in Kano.

The husband of late Mrs Bridget was also part of the stakeholders he engaged with throughout the day, including reps of security agencies.

At the end of these series of engagements, all stakeholders came to a mutual agreement and agreed on the following resolutions.

The governor on behalf of the state government wishes to express his condolences to the husband of the deceased and her family.
All the stakeholders unanimously agreed that Mrs Bridget Patience was illegally killed and also condemned the action in totality.
The governor along with the stakeholders also agreed that justice must be done as the suspect has been apprehended by the police.
The stakeholders, particularly the Council of Ulamas and the CAN leadership have also been urged to publicly condemn this barbaric act.
Governor Ganduje also urged the religious leaders to intensify efforts in enlightening the general public on taking laws into their hands
He also promised that the State Government will assist the family of the deceased prepare for the burial arrangements.

These are the resolutions reached by the stakeholders the governor after series of consultations that started since morning.

May the gentle soul of Mrs Bridget Patience rest in peace and May God give her husband and her family the fortitude to bear the loss.

One person arrested so far. He is the main suspect. Investigation is still ongoing and others will also be arrested.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/06/mrs-bridget-patience-killing-kano-govt.html

cc lalasticlala
. Story story. They should pay 100million naira compensation or we will sue the life out of them and 1 billion naira as damages. Nonsense, by the time we are through with them their head will be correct.
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 04, 2016
Has anyone heard the exact blasphemy she committed? I have searched online but can't find it. How do we know if indeed there was a blasphemy as claimed? What this incident means that is an Adamu can falsely accuse you of blasphemy and you will be murdered without a recourse to defend yourself.
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Luckylife(m): 7:58am On Jun 04, 2016
Finally the state government is forced to condemn the devilish act by his people. Imagine only one blood sucker has been arrested just to shameful lie the security are working. God is watching !
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by bentlywills(m): 7:58am On Jun 04, 2016
We re no longer one Nigeria

Quote me, u quote yurslf
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Splinz(m): 7:58am On Jun 04, 2016
Only one person arrested in a mob action? SMH for the people up North.
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by nabiz(m): 8:05am On Jun 04, 2016
Even the arrested suspect will be release tomorow by Rabiu kwakwoso
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 04, 2016
gists:

So if the government apologizes you'll be ok even without the killers brought to book.
This is the same line of thinking that made people go hysterical because PMB did not go for the Ogoni clean-up "opening ceremony" - even though the man has followed the approval of the UNEP report with real-world action and the actual cleanup has started (and some are still wailing that he didn't come for the opening as if that is what matters to the Ogoni people or is he the one that has to physically clean the town?)

Kano government should do more than just condole the bereaved family. The arrested person must be DRILLED so as to name others that were involved and ALL OF THEM BROUGHT TO BOOK!

i

All you of that slaughter people and get useless police and judiciary to mock your victims will soon get ur deserving rewards. Demons
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 04, 2016
gists:

Wretched and jobless soul. What concerns ur sickly PMB with the subject matter. U will still be shouting Sai baba even while being consumed by the dullard's incompetence and visionlessness.
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Acrofab: 8:32am On Jun 04, 2016
That bastard mohammed and his brainwashed followers, they hate peace wherever they are. No wonder ISLAMABAD
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Xonology: 8:32am On Jun 04, 2016
Where are the heartless animals that were doubting this news yesterday?
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by asadike(f): 8:53am On Jun 04, 2016
well, thats a good start coz we all know that most of these crimes perpetrated by alimajiris up north, their leaders are usually in full support and none will blink But today, there is fear and tension in d land.
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by kponkanaG3(m): 9:06am On Jun 04, 2016
Deuteronomy chapter 13 verses 1 to 15
Please Christians read that passage of the Bible & educate me, but my understanding and yours are thesame, then tell me how many Christians can actually carryout this task.
This people uphold their god and talk rubbish of your God. You that day that Alhaji said Christ was just one of the prophets what did you do or say, when he was trying to tell you that Mohammed is greater than Christ, even when the name of JESUS appears more than that of Mohammed in their Koran, what did you do.
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by dTruth101: 9:15am On Jun 04, 2016
The Holy Bible Commanded: And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death. [Leviticus 24:16]
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Heavance(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2016
later we go say we be developing nation.....
If we take religion as number one, we can't grow. Religion will divide us more than anything.... if you are a christian, keep it in your pocket, and if you are a Muslim, keep it in your pocket, at least we have Buddhist who won't commit such against any human, we have Hindus who won't do such too.
Its simple, if anyone claims his religion is of peace, let it be seen nahh, no need to talk, let people realize it by what we do, not say..... Nigeria can't grow with such act
When we die, God won't ask us of our religion, he is more of how we love and care for our fellow human, than more of how we put religion in our head.
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Heavance(m): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2016
dTruth101:
The Holy Bible Commanded:
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD,
he shall surely be put to death, and all the
congregation shall certainly stone him: as well
the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when
he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be
put to death. [Leviticus 24:16]

my brother, don't contradict yourself with the bible o. Its a book one must understand, not just quote, that's why we are having issues with our church goers o
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Heavance(m): 9:51am On Jun 04, 2016
kponkanaG3:
Deuteronomy chapter 13 verses 1 to 15
Please Christians read that passage of the Bible & educate me, but my understanding and yours are thesame, then tell me how many Christians can actually carryout this task.
This people uphold their god and talk rubbish of your God. You that day that Alhaji said Christ was just one of the prophets what did you do or say, when he was trying to tell you that Mohammed is greater than Christ, even when the name of JESUS appears more than that of Mohammed in their Koran, what did you do.

One mistake we easily make, is the tussle of power between Jesus and Mohammed, and this thing is so simple to realize.
Jesus and Mohammed no be, football clubs to dey argue about.......... (What is for Ceasar, let it be for Ceasar) we need to understand that thing, as it means 'for the sake of peace'
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by farokkunle: 9:52am On Jun 04, 2016
ss/se is due for referendum .

join referendum team .
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by Heavance(m): 9:57am On Jun 04, 2016
Acrofab:
That bastard mohammed and his brainwashed followers, they hate peace wherever they are. No wonder ISLAMABAD

I don't know how old you are, but I can imaging your youthfulness.... you are spitting fire because you have never lived in the north as I can see, if you had for a week, you will understand that northern laws are so different to the southern laws......(what is for Ceasar, let it be for Ceasar).
I won't be surprised to see the perpetrators set free, this is a big NO NO in northern Nigeria, its just a shame as we keep deceiving ourselves that we are among the developing nations, we are way back in reality.
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by gists: 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
Heavance:

I don't know how old you are, but I can imaging your youthfulness.... you are spitting fire because you have never lived in the north as I can see, if you had for a week, you will understand that northern laws are so different to the southern laws......(what is for Ceasar, let it be for Ceasar).
I won't be surprised to see the perpetrators set free, this is a big NO NO in northern Nigeria, its just a shame as we keep deceiving ourselves that we are among the developing nations, we are way back in reality.
@the bolded
While I completely agree with that statement (I am assuming you mean everybody should respect other peoples' religion) I also strongly believe in justice. The people that were involved in this murder crime must be brought to book. We cannot just say what belong to "ceasar" must be given to "ceaser". "cearser" himself must know that their is a constituted authority and anybody that goes against it must be brought to book.
I don't know exactly what she did, but what I hear people saying is that she committed blasphemy. But the same people who turned themselves to God's judge in kano are the same ones that will be committing adultery, fornication, smoking, drinking burukutu and other alcoholic drinks.

While the state government is investigating this case to roundup as many people involved in this case, I'll like to see the emir of Kano (SLS) being an educated and well respected figure come out and condemn this act without reservation.
Re: Mrs Bridget Patience Killing: ”kano Govt. Speaks On Woman’s Beheading by sanandreas(m): 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
dTruth101:
The Holy Bible Commanded:
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD,
he shall surely be put to death, and all the
congregation shall certainly stone him: as well
the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when
he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be
put to death. [Leviticus 24:16]

I can see u are rejoicing on the inside don't worry.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News; Fighting In Mafara LGA Of Zamfara State. Religious Under Tone / Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report / Repentant Nnamdi Kanu Apologizes To Yorubas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.