Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,326 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) (59763 Views)

15-Year-Old IPOB Member, Others Arrested In Port-Harcourt Finally Released. PICS / I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari / Buhari To Address Nation On Recovered Loot - Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Arclan07: 12:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
sparrowkid:
Some things are learned while some things are natural. It's like some people have configured their brains to always reason in the reverse. To them anything good is propaganda while everything bad should be celebrated. One begins to wonder what has happened to them within the spate of 365 days. That's why they say hatred is dangerous to even the health of the hater.

1. If the names of the looters have been released, the first case would have been why did they release their names; while the second case would have been where are the names of APC members? Another possible scenario would have been why are there many names from the southern part of the country than the northern part? Or why are there more Muslim names than Christian names? Or we better still, "we know that they would concoct the names from our regions because they hate us or we are the notorious 5%. And so on and so forth.

2. If the names of APC members were to be released, the argument would have been didn't we tell you that APC is a party of rogues? Or, in another way, where are the names of so and so, xy and z? Without their names, the list is fake. They would have looked for every single thing to discredit the list.

3. As you can see now, despite the report being "INTERIM", some people have been running their mouths by saying they were expecting the money to be this to be that. They are saying this because the amount released is somehow credible. But if the amount were to be much bigger than this, you would have seen them spewing the same rubbish that they are even expecting more. [Sigh] Who did this to these people?

Another issue they are now raising is that they believe everything about this government is all propaganda. Now one wonders when propaganda as a political tool is now an exclusive right of a political party in Nigeria. Has anyone stopped PDP or others from using propaganda? The only issue I see here is that the only thing PDP is good at is arrogance of power. See, even to loot and clean mouth perfectly is a serious problem. They caouldn't even loot very well without leaving traces!

For example, their own propaganda is like: "Aisha Buhari wristwatch is $10million"; "Zahra Buhari engaged to El-Rufai"; "Buhari's shoe costs $8,000"; "Buhari is not wearing singlet". Now tell me, how do we help these kind of morons littering the cyberspace with news like this to score political points? Who is interested in this gibberish?

APC was successful in the last elections not because of the fact that they are the best, simply because Nigerian citizens just wanted to test another political party at the centre. APC was just able to key into that space at that period and they were able to do it effectively. People didn't vote for APC because they love APC, it's just a case of when the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable. So all those who are still whining should stop and let's move forward. You're the one drawing the nation back. May God heal your battered life if you happen to fall within the category of these sets of clowns.
honestly speaking you nailed it brother I really enjoyed your thoughts, for the first time in the history of this nation which will be 56 in October an administration deemed it fit to look into books,I mean past records of a previous administration and not just for the fun of it ,with this figures recovered I want to give them kudos ,but my prayers is that the loot is well appropriated to the benefit of Nigerians ,this is first of its kind and the waiters can continue to do what best they are known for but we who believe in the good of the nation ,will surely be the better of it ,when things normalize ,like you rightly said n I tell most people Nigeria was in a dilemma during Jonathan's regime ,it was a case of choosing the better of out of two bad situations during the election and of course APC was the better one .

5 Likes

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by lailo: 12:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
And some wailers want these trillions to be overlooked by d state?First most transparent government in d history of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Manspeaks(m): 12:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

What will you do with the names? There might be legal issues surrounding the release of names especially as the people have not been convicted.

If they have not been convicted how did they recover those funds? Think NIGERIANS!!

2 Likes

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by lailo: 12:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
And some wailers want these trillions to be overlooked by d state?First most transparent government in d history of nigeria.We trust u PMB.
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by bankoleben(m): 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
tomakint:

Shame and painment undefined. undecided if it can take this "serious government" 1 year to recover that chicken change some corrupt governors spend in six months as dash to their cronies I wondered how long it will take them to recover equivalent of $1 billion in Naira undecided yeye people. So after all the media hype and noise making from Lai about billions of dollars stolen its only 78 billion Naira, hundreds million of dollars, few millions in pounds and thousands of Euro recovered. They better start balling with the masses because people are hungry. Bloody liars

That chicken change is bigger than Ekiti State's budget for this year. That chicken change is three times greater than what Jonathan budgeted for roads in 2015 budget. That chicken change is greater than what was budgeted for Lagos-Calabar standard gauge rail line. That chicken change is bigger than what was budgeted for the 2nd Niger bridge.

Haven't you got any sense of shame?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by tbaba1234: 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
4Play:

The problems with this list are myriad: the figures can be fabricated; monies recovered could represent monies recovered from Abacha for instance. If the FG actually has additional 78bn Naira or $10bn (2 trillion Naira), the latter under interim forfeiture, our cash strapped governors would be knocking on the Aso Rock door instantly to discuss how the money is to be shared. The most likely reality is that much of the amounts touted, like the spun TSA recovered cash, does not actually exist.

First of all, i am not a "propagandist'...

Cash under Forfeiture are still subject of litigation. This is where legal care must be taken, not to jeopardize your case.

Why do you assume governors are aware of this? The only money that is accruable to governors is from the sale of crude.They have already started asking for excess crude funds.

This is an interim report. There will be more updates in the future.

1 Like

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by tbaba1234: 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2016
Manspeaks:

If they have not been convicted how did they recover those funds? Think NIGERIANS!!

Look at the tables

1. Cash recovered: No legal case
2. Cash forfeiture : Under litigation

The vast majority of funds are in Table 2. Meaning they are still in court or under investigation.

1 Like

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by 9inches(m): 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
I came here to check names. This report is not complete yet biko.
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by WeNigerDelta: 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

Look at the tables

1. Cash recovered: No legal case
2. Cash forfeiture : Under litigation

The vast majority of funds are in Table 2. Meaning they are still in court or under investigation.

Quick question....What is the legal ramifications of releasing names of people in your No. 1 secenario? Since by returning any loot, they have already admitted guilt by returning cash....Are those still subject to litigation if the names are released?

3 Likes

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Ayatullah(m): 1:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
Firefire:
Very Good.

Unfortunately, this fall short of Nigerians expectation. Anyway, we are studying the list, appropriate response to follow.

We actually expect to see something like this...

s/n Names Amount Looted Amount Recovered Explanation

1. Sambo Dansuki $50,000,000,000,000 $20,000,000,000,000 Arms deal

2. Alh. Lie Mohamed $ 500,560 $ ALL Only allegation (Fund returned)

3. Rotimi Amaechi $99,000,000,000,000 No need, now a new creature (Party Chief Financier)

4. Bukola Saraki $Quadrillion Case in court Kwara State fund

Modified:*

I use this medium to appeal to the remaining looters that are yet to be invited officially and also to those in APC, kindly return your loots quietly and save us the stress of running after you.

Cc:
Amaechi
Fashola
And other professional looters in APC.

What a good template you have devised. When a Government of the day keep promising to release names of looters and failed to do so it deserves this kind of blackmail, and when it sticks they have themselves to blame.

2 Likes

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by netflicks(m): 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2016
After reading this figures and Nigerian's don't feel the impact then this info is of no use...

1 Like

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by SlimChay: 1:22pm On Jun 04, 2016
Smh God save us o from our country. Loot palava.
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by tbaba1234: 1:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Quick question....What is the legal ramifications of releasing names of people in your No. 1 secenario? Since by returning any loot, they have already admitted guilt by returning cash....Are those still subject to litigation if the names are released?

That could be done. Generally, i do see the legal issue there except causing some people a great deal of embarrassment.
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by tbaba1234: 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2016
sparrowkid:
Some things are learned while some things are natural. It's like some people have configured their brains to always reason in the reverse. To them anything good is propaganda while everything bad should be celebrated. One begins to wonder what has happened to them within the spate of 365 days. That's why they say hatred is dangerous to even the health of the hater.

1. If the names of the looters have been released, the first case would have been why did they release their names; while the second case would have been where are the names of APC members? Another possible scenario would have been why are there many names from the southern part of the country than the northern part? Or why are there more Muslim names than Christian names? Or we better still, "we know that they would concoct the names from our regions because they hate us or we are the notorious 5%. And so on and so forth.

2. If the names of APC members were to be released, the argument would have been didn't we tell you that APC is a party of rogues? Or, in another way, where are the names of so and so, xy and z? Without their names, the list is fake. They would have looked for every single thing to discredit the list.

3. As you can see now, despite the report being "INTERIM", some people have been running their mouths by saying they were expecting the money to be this to be that. They are saying this because the amount released is somehow credible. But if the amount were to be much bigger than this, you would have seen them spewing the same rubbish that they are even expecting more. [Sigh] Who did this to these people?

Another issue they are now raising is that they believe everything about this government is all propaganda. Now one wonders when propaganda as a political tool is now an exclusive right of a political party in Nigeria. Has anyone stopped PDP or others from using propaganda? The only issue I see here is that the only thing PDP is good at is arrogance of power. See, even to loot and clean mouth perfectly is a serious problem. They caouldn't even loot very well without leaving traces!

For example, their own propaganda is like: "Aisha Buhari wristwatch is $10million"; "Zahra Buhari engaged to El-Rufai"; "Buhari's shoe costs $8,000"; "Buhari is not wearing singlet". Now tell me, how do we help these kind of morons littering the cyberspace with news like this to score political points? Who is interested in this gibberish?

APC was successful in the last elections not because of the fact that they are the best, simply because Nigerian citizens just wanted to test another political party at the centre. APC was just able to key into that space at that period and they were able to do it effectively. People didn't vote for APC because they love APC, it's just a case of when the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable. So all those who are still whining should stop and let's move forward. You're the one drawing the nation back. May God heal your battered life if you happen to fall within the category of these sets of clowns.

3 Likes

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by netflicks(m): 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
There are still traces of corruption, these guys done take Nigerian's as fools finish, where are the names and why are you hiding it?..them say them dey fight corruption and them catch the thief why them no fit tell Nigerian's the thief name...we need their names pleasesssssss! angry

1 Like

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Firefire(m): 1:26pm On Jun 04, 2016
Ayatullah:

What a good template you have devised. When a Government of the day keep promising to release names of looters and failed to do so it deserves this kind of blackmail, and when it sticks they have themselves to blame.

You see, when this people open their mouth they abuse our thoughts with different lies and media propaganda thinking we all belong to the coven's membership.

2 Likes

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by blackface12: 1:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
I beg we need every dine back
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Newmanluckyman(m): 1:33pm On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

Premium times report: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/204676-breaking-nigeria-releases-interim-report-assets-recovered-looters.html
... This is absolute nonsense. If CBN can publish names of debtors, how much the owe and the bank that the are owing, why can't this govt for once publish the names of the ACCLAIMED LOOTERS that they have been making noise in the media, in foreign countries for the past one year. This is a huge disappointment.

2 Likes

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Enyimbamercedes: 1:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
Only? After all the noise....
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Mrjo(m): 1:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

What will you do with the names? There might be legal issues surrounding the release of names especially as the people have not been convicted.
so what's the need of the report.

1 Like

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by netflicks(m): 1:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
Please remind me of that popular song.....

Poor man wey thief money Omo dem go show him face for crime fighters

Rich man wey thief money Omo we no go see their face for crime fighters...tell me something I don't know undecided

2 Likes

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Gideonmi(m): 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2016
This poster don break my stomach with laf grin cheesy
Firefire:
Very Good.

Unfortunately, this fall short of Nigerians expectation. Anyway, we are studying the list, appropriate response to follow.

We actually expect to see something like this...

s/n Names Amount Looted Amount Recovered Explanation

1. Sambo Dansuki $50,000,000,000,000 $20,000,000,000,000 Arms deal

2. Alh. Lie Mohamed $ 500,560 $ ALL Only allegation (Fund returned)

3. Rotimi Amaechi $99,000,000,000,000 No need, now a new creature (Party Chief Financier)

4. Bukola Saraki $Quadrillion Case in court Kwara State fund

Modified:*

I use this medium to appeal to the remaining looters that are yet to be invited officially and also to those in APC, kindly return your loots quietly and save us the stress of running after you.

Cc:
Amaechi
Fashola
And other professional looters in APC.

1 Like

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by tbaba1234: 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mrjo:
so what's the need of the report.

To keep you informed of progress..
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by LOVEGINO(m): 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2016
With all these plenty money, still Nigeria is broke. Rubbish!
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Sunbellar: 2:26pm On Jun 04, 2016
I don't believe any news from " LIE MUHAMMED"
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by waslite(m): 2:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
can u help me wf ds question
What does the interim report means. does it mean more report still coming on the looted funds?
the list in naira, dollars pounds, dies it mean the total of it in those foreign currency or another amount pending on those country
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by stasius: 3:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
Beautiful president Buhari.

So what next? I hope the money wont be re-looted.
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Ijaya123: 3:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
tomakint:

.......and to even think that what they have recovered do far is not up to £1 billion is very annoying based on their lyings up and down that they met an almost empty treasury. One would have thought that by now about £2 billion would have been recovered. This government really need to quit this wild goose chase and focus on delivering good governance angry

The report says recovered funds and NOT looted funds.

Do you have comprehension problem or just displaying foolishness in the name of playing opposition?

1 Like

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by chuksbogus: 3:24pm On Jun 04, 2016
is this rubbish what we asked them to do those people don't have names and how much did they dry clean that all !!! not this vague trash
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by maasoap(m): 3:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
tomakint:

.......and to even think that what they have recovered do far is not up to £1 billion is very annoying based on their lyings up and down that they met an almost empty treasury. One would have thought that by now about £2 billion would have been recovered. This government really need to quit this wild goose chase and focus on delivering good governance angry
Whenever I see this kind of comments, I'm always forced to ask if people like you if you really like this country? Or you were just among the few that benefited from the looting of this nation's resources? Because your comment didn't make any sense, and it irritates.

1 Like

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by tumbez: 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
globe16:

where are the names Buhari promised to release... we are not deceived by fictitious figures from this government (like the average zombie) which has been a hallmark of this government....

BTW Buhari is expecting a recovery of $6,000 from the US
...I read over 20 comments but no one complaint. Everything buhari will do he will not convince uh pple.....mtswewe

1 Like

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by tumbez: 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2016
vikyno:
Crap! We want more detail and not some vague report like this. Why is everything about Bihari not always open and clear just like his assets declared?

#Wearewiser.
...ehat do u want from buhari plsss. A ahhh!!.....u want a president that will come out and tell u lies about the state of the economy or looters.think abeg!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jet Bombs Fulani Militia In Adamawa After They Massacred Villagers (Graphic Pic / Charly Boy's Car Destroyed After Pro-Buhari Hoodlums Attack At Police Station / Police Officers Shooting At People In Mushin, Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.