Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Nigeria Coach Shuaibu Amodu Not Keen On 'slow' Christian Obodo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Coach Shuaibu Amodu Not Keen On 'slow' Christian Obodo (833 Views)

Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director / Christian Obodo Found In Italy With Marijuana & Girls / Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me (2) (3) (4)

Nigeria Coach Shuaibu Amodu Not Keen On 'slow' Christian Obodo by khanye(m): 3:45pm On Aug 25, 2009
Nigeria coach, Shuaibu Amodu, has revealed that he has not considered a recall for Udinese midfielder Christian Obodo because he is slow and cannot fit into his team.

"Obodo is a very creative player, but the problem is that he is too slow for my team," Amodu told Soccer Star newspaper.

There has been a clamour for Amodu to play creative players in the midfield, so much so that there was a recent suggestion for former skipper Austin 'Jay Jay' Okocha to come out of retirement and feature for the Super Eagles again.

"I don't think the issue of not being creative in the midfield should be much of a problem because we have been able to manage that to get to where we are," he added.

"We will continue to make use of our strong departments to cover up where we are lacking. We have to use our strengths."

Amodu also disclosed that victory is top priority for Nigeria in a make-or-break World Cup qualifier against Tunisia on September 6 in Abuja.

"The important thing is to win and get the three points that will give us the leadership of our group," he said.

After three rounds of matches, Nigeria are two points behind leaders Tunisia in Group Two of the qualifying series. Only the overall winner of the group will qualify for next year's World Cup in South Africa.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2009/08/25/1460469/nigeria-coach-shuaibu-amodu-not-keen-on-slow-christian-obodo
Re: Nigeria Coach Shuaibu Amodu Not Keen On 'slow' Christian Obodo by MrCrackles(m): 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2009
Why wont he be slow, when he is over 40 loaded with eba and akpu, and claiming to be 24-25! grin
Re: Nigeria Coach Shuaibu Amodu Not Keen On 'slow' Christian Obodo by Ibime(m): 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2009
If Obodo is slow, then Mikel is inert!
Re: Nigeria Coach Shuaibu Amodu Not Keen On 'slow' Christian Obodo by chic2pimp(m): 4:25am On Aug 26, 2009
Ibime:

If Obodo is slow, then Mikel is inert!
he is slow jare. Have u seen him run undecided undecided undecided ? Even yakubu with his baba iyabo pot belly fit run pass am grin grin grin.
Re: Nigeria Coach Shuaibu Amodu Not Keen On 'slow' Christian Obodo by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2009
There has been a clamour for Amodu to play creative players in the midfield, so much so that there was a recent suggestion for former skipper Austin 'Jay Jay' Okocha to come out of retirement and feature for the Super Eagles again.

hahahah, amodu na IDIOT, na stack illitrate him be, e wan put okocha who don nack 60 for our team AGAIN?? okochas time is over, AMODUUU, leave person make him rest ooooo cheesy grin wink

MrCrackles:

Why wont he be slow, when he is over 40 loaded with eba and akpu, and claiming to be 24-25! grin
ABI OHH, dont put him in our team if he is slow, leave him make him continue to chop his hot amala with ewedu abi na draw soup he like? shocked grin grin

The Major Reason I Support Yakubu's Inclusion In ANC/WC Squad / Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? / -