Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

The Major Reason I Support Yakubu's Inclusion In ANC/WC Squad - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Major Reason I Support Yakubu's Inclusion In ANC/WC Squad (836 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Major Reason I Support Yakubu's Inclusion In ANC/WC Squad by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 02, 2010
no doubt about it I'm a freak for goal celebrations. i absolutely dig the Senegalese style at Japan/south Korea 2002 and the Ivorian style in 2006. and i absolutely abhor the way our under-17 boys did it last year. every time we scored the boys would simply kneel down and point their fingers to the heavens. so effing drab! beats me if they were emulating Alan Shearer or re-enacting scenes from the 70's?

but yakubu, he's a breath of fresh air. his celebrations bring the swagger back into the team, creating that feel good confidence factor that we are actually superb and can really do it. check out his moves after the goal against kenya (2-3 win); or at 2008's ANC against ghana (1-2 loss)

hate me, bite me if you want but presently nobody in the Nigerian squad celebrates a goal like yakubu. used to be a heavy Aghahowa shriner but since dude's now past his prime i'm all eyes for a yakubu strike.

let's go there 2010 (ANC and Worldcup), i can't wait!!!

P/S: if this thread is useless without vids kindly do the needful.

(1) (Reply)

Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? / Africa Cup Of Nations Cup To Move To Odd-numbered Years / Why Enyeama Was Ranked ''low' In South Africa 2010.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.