Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Just Lost My Adorable Father! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Just Lost My Adorable Father! (990 Views)

I Almost Lost My Marriage Over ‘april Fool’ Prank –woman / My Adorable Niece Paying Rapt Attention To Her Ipad With Legs Crossed. Photo / Adorable! Father And Son In Native Attire Dabs (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Lost My Adorable Father! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2016
Eerrmm sorry sha but who go say him mama soup no sweet. Monkey no fine but him mama like am. All these fiction about ur father, chei diaris God jare grin

2 Likes

Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by GudluckIBB(m): 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2016
naijadeyhia:
Hi nairalanders, its a Sad yet joyfilled month for me as just yesterday a rare gem, a man known for his resounding wisdom and peace loving disposition. ...My father passed away at 3am on friday morning.

He was a man who never enjoyed the limelight as he loved leading from behind but many pleaded to have him recognised for his service and life and so 10yrs ago at the age of 64 he was honoured with a chieftaincy title in my native land of Olokoro Abia state as the Ekwueme 1 of Olokoro and incidentally his name is also Ekwueme.

During the Biafran war he single handedly saved my community from the rampaging Nigerian Army by confronting them and lying about the whereabouts of the young men and had to empty his food resource in order to feed the soldiers that came and he and my community were bypassed. Everyone else was in hiding but he alone was bold enough not to run and hide.

He was one of the best civil engineers I ever knew and he was instrumental to my studying urban and regional planning even when my option was Business Administration and today I am eternally grateful because now I am also into construction and doing so well.

My mother died 12 yrs ago and we the kids have been his companion and best friends. He wasnt sick...just went for his monthly full medical check up on monday and for reasons unknown to us the doctor said he had to be admitted....it was later he said his blood pressure was high. He was jovial, eating and having a good time in the hospital until the early hours of friday when complications set in and his lights went out.

Chief Samuel Onyemachi Ekwueme I your first Son Samuel Chinedum Ekwueme do hereby salute you and blow you a gentle farewell. At 74 you have lived your life and it was fun all the way. Thank God I gave you a grandson whom you would never stop kissing whenever we visit and I still havent told him grandpa is gone even though he keeps asking that I call grandpa so he can speak with him on the phone.

I love you Papa but nature has to play its part so the circle of life can be complete.

Je nke oma. I will see you again and just like you would always say to me when I was much younger that I must never forget my origin so I would not miss my way...so will I instill the same values and more in my son and your grandson Rafael Akachukwu Ekwueme. We all love you and my wife the one you gave the pet name "ugom" hasn't stopped crying for you.

Adieu! My advocate of wisdom and peace! May God accept your soul.

May his soul rest in peace!
So sad he never saw the New Nigeria that's about to evolve.

Take heart!
Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by Noneroone(m): 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2016
So sorry may his soul RIP
Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
GudluckIBB:

May his soul rest in peace!
So sad he never saw the New Nigeria that's about to evolve.

Take heart!

Thanks. He even voted for Buhari despite all he witnessed during the civil war. Thank you once again.
Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
From the above statement it means ur dad was a good man, if that is true it means he's in heaven, if that is true it means he's in a better place. If that is true, it means there's no need to cry for him. But if that's not true my brother now is the time to start crying because it's not easy to know that a loved one is somewhere receiving hot bulala day and night.
Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
lofty900:
Eerrmm sorry sha but who go say him mama soup no sweet. Monkey no fine but him mama like am. All these fiction about ur father, chei diaris God jare grin

Whats fiction for some is anothers reality. Thanks for your condolences.

1 Like

Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by DesChyko: 5:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
RIP Gem. may God grant the bereaved the fortitude to bear their loss

PS: Do not politicize this thread, thank you.
Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 04, 2016
DesChyko:
RIP Gem. may God grant the bereaved the fortitude to bear their loss

PS: Do not politicize this thread, thank you.

Amen!
Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by delishpot: 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
How can they admit someone without telling his people why before hand? OP, that hospital, is it in naija?
Did they ignore his BP? What kind of complication was that?
Yeah, yeah, I know......too many questions from me.
ANYWAY, he did his best on earth. He ran as best he could may your memories of him be happy and comforting.
Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
delishpot:
How can they admit someone without telling his people why before hand? OP, that hospital, is it in naija?
Did they ignore his BP? What kind of complication was that?
Yeah, yeah, I know......too many questions from me.
ANYWAY, he did his best on earth. He ran as best he could may your memories of him be happy and comforting.

The best thing to have done would have been to demand a complete medical report from the doctor but that wouldnt bring him back. That has been his personal doctor and hospital for almost 5 yrs and they have been superb. He has been admitted on a few occasions for BP issues so I guess the doctor just took it in stride as my dad was more than a patient..he was a friend.

I appreciate your concern and condolences
Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by ennyhollar1(f): 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
Sorry bros may his soul rest in peace
Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by red19: 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
Accept my condolence dear.may ur dad soul rest in peace.it's a beautiful thing he left lovely memories behind
Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
ennyhollar1:
Sorry bros may his soul rest in peace

Thanks sis. God bless u

1 Like

Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
red19:
Accept my condolence dear.may ur dad soul rest in peace.it's a beautiful thing he left lovely memories behind

God bless u bro. Thanks for the kind words

1 Like

Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by Setaje(f): 1:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
Am so sorry. Accept my condolences.
Re: Just Lost My Adorable Father! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
Setaje:
Am so sorry. Accept my condolences.

God bless you setaje. May calamity be far from you and yours.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Relationship With Your Mother Like? Lets Talk / Her Fiance Caught Her Coming Out Of His Best Friends Rest Room] / Please, If You Have Her Contact, Signify.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.