Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:13 AM

Please Help Save My Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help Save My Dog (628 Views)

Snake Killed By My Dog Last Night / Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Save My Dog by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
I noticed a strange behavior from my dog this evening. I just opened the cage for him to jump out which he did, but the usual hair and body shake was missing, all he did was shake very carefully and bending his head one to one side, immediately I knew something was wrong so I called out "major come" he responded to dt very sharp ( at least he still respond to his commands) he sat as usually and tried to pat his head and immediately he bent his head to the left which was very awkward. at that moment I was sure something was wrong. he was hiding his left ear!
oh my God! I tried to open his ear but he cried yet I dint see any injury. but his cry meant something. lost my best friend jakie 6 months ago and still mornin ( cried all night yyesterday night) would do anything to keep major alive. so ran upstairs to the first aid box, got detol ,dry gin, cotton wool, tooth pick rubber band, gloves and nose guard.
I mixed detol in water tied cotton wool to d tooth pick dip it in d detol mix and started inside major's ear. He is brave dog he knew I wanted to help him so dint fight, he just lay flat. wat d cotton wool pulled out was scary it was mucus piled inside his ear. he kept on crying each time I dig ( I was very careful) after I was sure it was neat I started with cotton wool nd drygin, did abt three times nd was done. please I hear ear infection kills nd never leaves a dig ones infected. I need help I dont want to loose Major too
Re: Please Help Save My Dog by ZORO47(m): 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
Girl, if you really love your pet, go see a skilled vet. You can't handle such a case on your own. Injuries on dog ears often develop into auricular haematomas. A vet would need to conduct a minor surgery to appose the ear tissues unless the injury would keep returning. Only Cleaning the wound won't cut it
Re: Please Help Save My Dog by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
ZORO47:
Girl, if you really love your pet, go see a skilled vet. You can't handle such a case on your own. Injuries on dog ears often develop into auricular haematomas. A vet would need to conduct a minor surgery to appose the ear tissues unless the injury would keep returning. Only Cleaning the wound won't cut it
tnks so much are u saying the only solution could b surgery? plus I jst called d attention of our so called vet, chatting with him now, I jst want to knw the first quickest action, so dt he won't come saying stories tomao cuz I dont trust him, but he is the only one my family can rely on. please not the infection is inside not outside
Re: Please Help Save My Dog by ZORO47(m): 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
lizhon:
tnks so much are u saying the only solution could b surgery? plus I jst called d attention of our so called vet, chatting with him now, I jst want to knw the first quickest action, so dt he won't come saying stories tomao cuz I dont trust him, but he is the only one my family can rely on. please not the infection is inside not outside
if its the outer ear that is affected, a simplle surgery would fix it. If the pus is coming from the inner ear, then your vet would administer some ear antibiotics and pain relievers. Its good you noticed it early so it doesn't worsen. The vet can fix that tomorrow. Don't get so bothered about it, Your dog won't die.
Re: Please Help Save My Dog by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
ZORO47:
if its the outer ear that is affected, a simplle surgery would fix it. If the pus is coming from the inner ear, then your vet would administer some ear antibiotics and pain relievers. Its good you noticed it early so it doesn't worsen. The vet can fix that tomorrow. Don't get so bothered about it, Your dog won't die.
tnks so mmuch

(1) (Reply)

Dog For Sale At Giveaway Price. / Help / NVM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.