Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain (25596 Views)

Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / How To Save Fuel When Driving / How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain by 9ja4show: 8:40am On Jun 05, 2016
gerrardomendes:
stop and carry people that may be stranded in the rain. happy Sunday

And stand a chance to get robbed

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain by UjSizzle(f): 8:40am On Jun 05, 2016
For emphasis Be considerate to pedestrians. When driving through a puddle, slow down so you don't splash water on them.

If you're driving close to the brt lane, keep your windows up unless you want a second bath grin

Thanks for sharing this, OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain by eyekaynoble: 8:44am On Jun 05, 2016
Nutase:
Does it rain in Africa?
Does it smell or stink when u farts? Or better still, does ur a.nus open when u poo? Ewu

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain by san316(m): 9:13am On Jun 05, 2016
Great insight.

My contribution:

Before you take any action, horn. Some ppl cant see but can hear.

Last last, if you see that guy that snatch your girlfriend when you still dey trek and there's water near by, speed into the water and splash him.

Afterwards, drop and give him 50 naira to buy klin.

Peace
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain by Greatidonis: 10:01am On Jun 05, 2016
Remember the ground rule, if you cannot see don’t drive.
^^^^^@ Op I beg to differ, it's not everything we read online that are applicable to this environment. I can't not remember how many times I have to drive through Rivers to get to where I'm going even within big cities. This is Naija, some roads in some nearbouhoods are so bad that you can't access it unless you must swim with your SUV or Jeep.
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain by DONOCHAS(m): 11:26am On Jun 05, 2016
good one op
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain by eedris85(m): 12:26pm On Jun 05, 2016
thanks so much for the advise.
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain by bong4(m): 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
Guliver:
OK,let me add dis.u CNT tell people to keep shut n ur car,if no a/c nor heater,just apply klin to ur windshield. t work like magic.

Please explain the klin part. Thanks.
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain by professore(m): 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
if u cant see,dont drive: nice rule and i saw some points here.
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain by Guliver(m): 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
bong4:

Please explain the klin part. Thanks.
OK,mix klin n water,apply t on a towel,wipe d windshield wit t
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain by Image123(m): 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
doskie:
That part of splashing water got me interested. I stay in a big man's estate and I'm a small man. Those baskets when ever it rains splash water on me like im a piece of dirt. So one day I picked a rock and held fast to it with the intention of hurling it at a car that splashes me. So i want to ask the lawyers here.. What are my rights? If i broke somebody's glass and i argue that he stained by white by splashing water on it, whose right in the eyes of the law
The car driver will give you a thousand naira to dry clean your cloth, and you will give him twenty thousand naira to change his broken glass.

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain by doskie(m): 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
Image123:

The car driver will give you a thousand naira to dry clean your cloth, and you will give him twenty thousand naira to change his broken glass.
lolzz.. What if i claim i was on my way to meet a client who would have given me a contract of 10m and that going back home to wash my clothes would make me late.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arocs Truck Is Now Available In Nigeria (PHOTOS) / Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque / Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.