Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time (6154 Views)

I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger / Am A Site Owner , Please Can I Boost My Website Traffick On Google (pls Hlp) / How Do I Boost My Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time by lanchy: 11:14am On Jun 05, 2016
adewasco2k:
Just use Google's developer speed test and see all you need to fix.

Mostly;

1.cache
2. Optimizing pictures
3. Removing scripts from the head
4. Minify your scripts and style sheets
5. Check for the best optimized .htaccess
6. Your server, make sure your server is fast
7. Your theme. Some themes are just bulky some are developed with fast loading in mind.

Best response! Didn't see this before responding to the same!! I see you work on facts not fiction my friend, well done.
Re: How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time by Realdeals(m): 1:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
Use cloudflare
Re: How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time by nigflute(m): 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2016
I don't think the number of content you post is the issue. There are several ways to speed up your website.
1. When using images, make sure it's not heavy. You can reduce your images to be at most 30 kilobyte. Use www.tinyjpg.com to do that.

2. Use a catch plugin to help increase your site speed.

3. Use a network distribution service which help distribute your content via different servers. An example is www.cloudflare.com. There is a free and paid service. Although the free service gives you what you want.
4. Use a dedicated server. Shared hosting has it's limitations, but it's the dedicated server that rocks.

You don't need $20 to $30 to speed up your website.

Hope the information will help you

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time by ogaprime(m): 1:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
riddler4real:
My candid advice change your hosting.... You see, I had the same problem. I developed a social media site and I went for one of the biggest hosting company around "Godaddy" These guys have been there for long N THEY HAVE ONE OF THE BEST SERVICES. So I thought...

I later realized that the responsive mails after signup could take an average of 5 minutes and sometimes loading pics and other media could take some time too.

After spending several minutes calling their customer service, I later realized they wanted me to upgrade my RAM and core on the server, after paying thousands now they want me to pay more....

So I decided to opt out and I went to Hostgators and this time I went for cloud hosting which is 2 times faster than the conventional shared hosting.....

So my advice is change your hosting and instead of using shared hosting go for cloud hosting. You wont regret it

Thanks for the info, but is godaddy still good with domain name registration?? And hostgator, how is their pricing plan for cloud hosting?? Thanks
Re: How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time by uprightman(m): 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ynaira:
Hi Guys,

I opened a news blog, initially the site loading time was 6secs, but it increased to 15.75sec.

i asked my programmer, he said i should reduce my posts to 10 per day, but not comfortable with that.

He also said, the speed can improve if i begin to pay $30-$50 per month.
Abegi kilode, is this what every blog that have 4secs speed pay monthly.

I need your advice.

Use photo resizer to reduce your photo size before using it.
Re: How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time by mynaijainfo(m): 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
Seriously Guys, My site is worst than ever when it comes to loading speed. Tried w3 cache plugin and all of my other plugins stopped working well. The cache slowly killed my site for long.

Can someone Please visit

www.mynaijainfo.com

And tell me whats wrong.

U can Reply here or email me if u hav any professional service to render or suggestions.

Mynaijainfo@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
Same with www.starttells.com pls how do I fix it?
Re: How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time by bet9ja(m): 8:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
First Test the speed of your website Here

Read this Article Easy Step to Speed up your Website
Follow the steps and resolve the Issue

Then test your site again after following the steps.
Re: How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time by Emeka71(m): 9:29pm On Jun 05, 2016
KingJB:
Reduce your site image size
Don't post videos directly...rather link them to another file sharing site

Keep your page sizes fairly small

Don't have much broken links on your page

Don't add much formatting to your texts

The theme should be keep simple .+

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time by riddler4real(m): 9:37pm On Jun 05, 2016
They are different categories..... the least is $99 per year.... just go to their respective website and get all the information you need
Re: How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time by RuddyFusion(m): 8:36am On Jun 06, 2016
Ynaira:
Hi Guys,

I opened a news blog, initially the site loading time was 6secs, but it increased to 15.75sec.

i asked my programmer, he said i should reduce my posts to 10 per day, but not comfortable with that.

He also said, the speed can improve if i begin to pay $30-$50 per month.
Abegi kilode, is this what every blog that have 4secs speed pay monthly.

I need your advice.

If your so called programmer said the above both the reduction in post and paying $30-$50 per month to boost your site speed, then run fast away from him.....He's a crook and don't know what he's saying....

I can show you how/what you need to do, to boost both your WordPress or Normal HTML built site for free without collecting any kobo....

Infact you can get this information for free from google if you know how to ask your question rightly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Your Real Name Matters In The Domain Name System (DNS) / Get Free Usa Number And Use For Whatsapp, Etc / 8 Ways To Build An Evergreen Online Presence Through Blogging.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.