Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. (11047 Views)

Femi Otedola Spends His Democracy Day At Dangote’s Refinery / An Overview Of Dangote Refinery Plant In Lagos - Video And Photos / Gigantic Equipment Being Brought In For Dangote's Refinery In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by aresa: 4:19am On Jun 05, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYdCTJQojHE

Dangote Oni baje o

Nigerian o ni baje o...

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by aresa: 4:30am On Jun 05, 2016
Top 21 Facts About Dangote’s Most Ambitious Project Yet

In the year 2013, the wealthiest black man on the planet, a Nigerian teeming with foresight, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, announced plans to build a refinery.

Recently the Central Bank of Nigeria’s governor was taken on a tour of the project by Dangote. Several media houses were in attendance.

Here is some of what we learned:

Over $4 billion worth of equipment currently sits on the site.

The project is slated to cost $14 billion (N2.8 trillion) of which Dangote is contributing $7 billion in equity.
The project site is larger than Victoria Island. It is located on 2135 hectares of land in Epe, Lagos near the Lekki Free Zone
It is the largest industrial complex in Africa
Work goes on, on the site, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
World Record 2.72 million accident free hours recorded on site, without a single lost time to injuries
It is the largest single train grass roots refinery in the world with a processing capacity of 650,000 BPSD

Dangote Refinery Site

Dangote Group brought in the world’s #1, #2, and #5 sand dredgers to sand fill the site. 60% of the land being swampy. So far these dredgers have reclaimed 13 million m³ out of 30 million m

During construction, the project will employ over 25,000 Nigerians

Dangote is investing over $7 billion (N1.4 trillion) in the project

It is the largest single train refinery project on the planet

When this project comes online, Nigeria will save a minimum of $10 billion a year on imports

The Ammonia component of the plant will produce 2.8 million tonnes of Urea

Dangote is producing its own electricity to power the plant and by so doing is saving 75% costs. Dangote produces electricity at a rate that is significantly cheaper than the Federal Government. Dangote’s cost is $400,000/MW, while Federal Government is $2,000,000/MW

All the civil engineering is done by Nigerian companies

The plant has an export value of $6 billion per annum, meaning Dangote’s efforts will increase the amount of foreign exchange in Nigeria’s foreign reserves by at least 40% of current value on a yearly basis

Dangote said when this project comes on line, his friend Femi Otedola will save at least N26 per litre on millions of litres of diesel and petrol which his companies import annually. This savings will be passed on to the consumers and it will take a lot of pressure off the banks

Billions of Naira were paid to acquire the land and to settle the existing communities. More money was also allocated and spent to relocate the existing communities

This project will restore the dignity of Nigeria, a crude producing country that has for years gone abroad to meet its demand for refined products

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/top-20-facts-about-dangote-groups-latest-project/#VVQ5OT0KsGswjXGV.99

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by aresa: 4:31am On Jun 05, 2016
So, avenger, Igbos, IpoDs and the rest of y'all loser can blow up your villages, life goes on for us...

Eko o ni baje o...

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by edo3(m): 4:56am On Jun 05, 2016
Relocating back to lasgidi asap..

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:15am On Jun 05, 2016
aresa:
So, avenger, Igbos, IpoDs and the rest of y'all loser can blow up your villages, life goes on for us...

Eko o ni baje o...
Thank God u're learning to move on, it's better than been “A Land Solicitor OR You Are Spoiling Your Land Goon..”

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by Yorubanews: 5:22am On Jun 05, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Thank God u're learning to move on, it's better than been “A Land Solicitor OR You Are Spoiling Your Land Goon..”

Or the "we Ibos are so proud of ND avengers destructive ways" goons. You people will support any criminal.

18 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by Agimor(m): 5:32am On Jun 05, 2016
Dangote per se is a critical thinker and a visonary business man. Oh God enlarge my coast!

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:37am On Jun 05, 2016
Yorubanews:

Or the "we Ibos are so proud of ND avengers destructive ways" goons. You people will support any criminal.
Or “Niger Delta Oil Belongs To Jigawa State. You people are parasite

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by rhymaster: 6:09am On Jun 05, 2016
The people destroying their environment by blowing up pipelines, infrastructure and pushing away investors will cry so hard some day soon, and they will not be comforted. Majority of the job opportunities will be satisfied in the SW, more money to spend, more taxable income, more community benefits, etc. With less oil prospecting and investment in the SS and SE, and a damaged land and ecosystem, those areas will be in for a lot of suffering for sure!

God bless the SW.
God bless Nigeria!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by greatgod2012(f): 6:30am On Jun 05, 2016
aresa:

Eko o ni baje o...

I'm a Yoruba o, but for the sake of peace and Nigeria, it's not patriotic to talk/type like this.

Where is the love

@ Dangote, ride on and thank you for being visionary.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by patrickmuf(m): 6:30am On Jun 05, 2016
For all my fellow Niger Deltans, I hope y'all can now see what we're losing owing to our continuous romance with militants (I am certain the militant won't thrive without support from host communities)...I am almost certain that if the region of Niger Delta was peaceful and conducive for business transaction, a project such as this would have been situated in Cross River or Akwa Ibom which would have made the government serious about the seaport construction that the region really needs...
We're losing but the illiterates in our midst won't get my drift, our loss is Lagos gain...Even if I want to invest today, I know it won't be anywhere close to the ND, it's little wonder Asari Dokubo had to run to faraway Benin Republic to build a university (I'd have prefer he built it in Nigeria TBH)

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by aresa: 6:40am On Jun 05, 2016
greatgod2012:

I'm a Yoruba o, but for the sake of peace and Nigeria, it's not patriotic to talk/type like this.

Where is the love

@ Dangote, ride on and thank you for being visionary.

The criminals and terrorists blowing oil installations are doing it because they want peace?...

I care less about these crininals...they can blow up their existence .Who cares..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by arewafederation: 6:48am On Jun 05, 2016
This is great!

Why would the 'real' owners of Lagos, with the highest number of imaginery billionaires allow the so much despised ab.oki to make such investment in their land??

This is unacceptable... angry

cc: IpoD miscreants

12 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by Caseless: 6:52am On Jun 05, 2016
Too many empty heads in the SS and SE.
Do whatever you like to your land, our only pain is that you are destroying our collective properties. We are going to SW.
*In brymo's voice* we are going back to love.

11 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by Caseless: 6:58am On Jun 05, 2016
patrickmuf:
For all my fellow Niger Deltans, I hope y'all can now see what we're losing owing to our continuous romance with militants (I am certain the militant won't thrive without support from host communities)...I am almost certain that if the region of Niger Delta was peaceful and conducive for business transaction, a project such as this would have been situated in Cross River or Akwa Ibom which would have made the government serious about the seaport construction that the region really needs...
We're losing but the illiterates in our midst won't get my drift, our loss is Lagos gain...Even if I want to invest today, I know it won't be anywhere close to the ND, it's little wonder Asari Dokubo had to run to faraway Benin Republic to build a university (I'd have prefer he built it in Nigeria TBH)
I don't know the kind of brain your people in the ND have. The set of warlords or militant leaders that made fortunes from the last militancy, became chiefs in their communities, moved out of the creeks and left the people in poverty. Here we are again, they're supporting another set of militants to become billionaire.

10 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by SWG26: 7:02am On Jun 05, 2016
Lol. Yorubas and abokees be feeling fly and funky because Nigeria is a useless country ridiculed with injustice and inequity. What a shame. . .

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by SWG26: 7:06am On Jun 05, 2016
patrickmuf:

Even if Niger Delta was secure, the refinery wouldn't be sited there. This has nothing to do with militancy. Lagos is not more "peaceful" than Cross River state, why wasn't it sited in Cross River or Edo? These are areas with no activities and history of militancy.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by arewafederation: 7:08am On Jun 05, 2016
SWG26:
Lol. Yorubas and abokees be feeling fly and funky because Nigeria is a useless country ridiculed with injustice and inequity. What a shame. . .

Can't you for once in your life appreciate something good?

He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.

13 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by aresa: 7:09am On Jun 05, 2016
SWG26:

lol @ the richest and smartest people from the tribe of Israel and owners of Lagos and Abuja claiming victim...

So, no be you own Lagos again? See ya life.. grin

15 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 7:10am On Jun 05, 2016
SWG26:

I feel your pain bro, accept my sympathies

10 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 7:14am On Jun 05, 2016
arewafederation:

According to them, blowing up pipelines is good news but building new refineries in the West is bad news

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by SWG26: 7:16am On Jun 05, 2016
arewafederation:

He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.

Envy? Lol. What is there to envy?
Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by arewafederation: 7:18am On Jun 05, 2016
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
According to them, blowing up pipelines is good news but building new refineries in the West is bad news

Akpu logic 101. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by arewafederation: 7:20am On Jun 05, 2016
SWG26:

Envy? Lol. Why is there to envy?

Pardon?
Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by SWG26: 7:21am On Jun 05, 2016
aresa:

lol @ the richest and smartest people from the tribe of Israel and owners of Lagos and Abuja claiming victim...

So, no be you own Lagos again? See ya life.. grin

I don't really care but remember that free oil money is about to end. grin
Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by SWG26: 7:23am On Jun 05, 2016
arewafederation:

Pardon?

There is nothing to envy Mr man. Its an investment and nothing else. Even if the project was sited in backyard, I wouldn't give a damn.
Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 7:23am On Jun 05, 2016
arewafederation:

Akpu logic 101. cheesy
This topic made front page yesternight .You need to read comments ..... There were the only one angry and bitter about the report
Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by opiaoku: 7:28am On Jun 05, 2016
Caseless:
Too many empty heads in the SS and SE.
Do whatever you like to your land, our only pain is that you are destroying our collective properties. We are going to SW.
*In brymo's voice* we are going back to love.
my friend was banned for just supporting NDA on the grounds of supporting violence

Since when did nairaland decides who and who deserves the support of the masses? Seun my friend was banned unjustly with no rule covered
now this guy is allowed to roam about after insulting a whole 2 regions which violates rule 3

Seun you have to create a special button that will report directly to you any injustice by the mods with pictorial evidence because there are so many injustice going on here due to a bias partisan mod controlling politics section.
apc as opposition rode and romanced bokoharam on the detriment of Gej on nairaland now they are being irritated thereby using their mods to intimidate us
Seun are you in support of this injustice here? if not please create a special report button that will report directly to you including pictorial attachments.

cc
Lalasticlala obinoscopy Seun

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by patrickmuf(m): 7:29am On Jun 05, 2016
Caseless:
I don't know the kind of brain your people in the ND have. The set of warlords or militant leaders that made fortunes from the last militancy, became chiefs in their communities, moved out of the creeks and left the people in poverty. Here we are again, they're supporting another set of militants to become billionaire.
Seriously I am tired of my folks here...

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by opiaoku: 7:31am On Jun 05, 2016
patrickmuf:

mr man you have to embrace reality
Even if there's peace in ND the refinery will never be sited there.

is cross rivers, AkwaIbom not peaceful and developed grin

forget the talk

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by arewafederation: 7:35am On Jun 05, 2016
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
This topic made front page yesternight .You need to read comments ..... There were the only one angry and bitter about the report

I don't know why any sane person will feel bad about it? It should instead encourage others to replicate similar landmark projects in their respective areas.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Video::world's Largest Refinery. Video. by QuotaSystem: 7:35am On Jun 05, 2016
If Hausa Fulani's/Northerners owning oil blocs and excelling in the oil industry is giving Ibos and Niger Deltans chronic heartache, then they'd better watch their blood pressure.

Dangote is building the one of the largest refineries in the world to fully cater for Nigeria's domestic consumption and export, which would strengthen the economy and help her currency through the availability of forex, and he is not laying any pipeline from the Niger Delta.

Whether the oil fields are located in the North, South or West, the abokee they detest will thrive and break grounds; all they can do is hate, wail and blow up their future.

17 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Money Online With Your Gmail Account (not Google Adsence) / Naira Weakens To 1,233/Dollar At Parallel Market / We Paid $665m To Renew Three Oil Blocks —mobil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.