Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) (59047 Views)

Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" / Edo Mass Transit: 75 New Buses, Ultra-modern Terminals, Cashless Payment / The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by rollywise(m): 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
The greatest achievement in Lagos will be eradication of traffic. Not this!
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by chigoizie7(m): 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
Good
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by SPLITS(f): 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
daclemx:

OKOWA COME AND SEE YOUR MATE.............COS APC IS WORKING.........
INFACT, NA ONLY WILLI AND AMBODE BE GOVERNORS?
Which f*cking willie?

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by mickeyenglish(m): 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
[/color][color=#006600]
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by dabossman(m): 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nice development. Hopefully, they will maintain it.
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by Omotayor123(f): 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
K
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by AlexCk: 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
Na underground train i dey wait for,.

I b like, "yo Jerry, let's take d subway today" grin

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by victoriousme(m): 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
We shall get there someday.

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
Lagos is a country in a country.

THE PRIDE OF THE YORUBAS.

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by dabossman(m): 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
rollywise:
The greatest achievement in Lagos will be eradication of traffic. Not this!

With the metropolitan nature of Lagos and its population traffic cannot be entirely eradicated; only reduced. Even New York sef dey get traffic.

However, we do need a more effective mass transit system in Lagos to reduce traffic. Trains, buses, ferries that will be available round the clock. Congestion charges can then be introduced to discourage people from using their car and taking public transport.

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by DoyenExchange: 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
Lagos is being gradually transformed into a mega city. Kudos to our able governor.

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by klassic(m): 1:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
Rubbish! this has been there for a while now jare. Even before Ambode became the governor of lagos state. This is Obalende bus terminal. they dont even follow the timing anymore. but you are sure to get bus anyway. Atleast to ikorodu, ajah and oshodi. @ op pls show us something new. thanks.

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by AndrewFarms(m): 1:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
Dandsome:
Lagos state and Rivers state.

The only two states currently working in Nigeria
you forgot to add Akwa-Ibom State also. They have one of, if not the best transport terminal in Nigeria at Uyo. Been to over 15 state terminal in Nigeria, but none like the Akwa-Ibom State transport company terminal, AKTC Park, Uyo. Lagos, Rivers, Delta, Benin, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, FCT, Anambra, Enugu, etc....... dem no reach AKS
#REPING_KOGI_STATE.......
so I ain't partial.
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by Yorubanews: 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
Yorubaland repping. Ibos will soon come and deny their mother's land because they want to rep Yorubaland.

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by Hades2016(m): 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
Our turtles ninja governor is working grin
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by Yorubanews: 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
DoyenExchange:
Lagos is being gradually transformed into a mega city. Kudos to our able governor.

According to the world, Lagos is already a megacity.

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by lollmaolol(m): 1:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
This is CMS, lovely and we commend the government. Keep the good job up
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by mmsen: 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
Those are not 'modern'.

But they are an improvement.

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by 4nobody4every1: 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
OmoAjowa7:
"Only good things start from Yorubaland" - Mozart, 1772.

No be me talk am

[img]http://media./media/qYoASbCi1fYYM/giphy.gif[/img]

Other SW states need to start prepping up especially Ogun and Oyo

I hope they maintain it

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by onlineadejoh(m): 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
Good so long as those times won't be African time smiley
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 05, 2016
There's nothing modern about the bust terminal; with straight upright benches, bare flooring and disused containers.

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by totorimi: 1:22pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nice one from governor Ambode, if only PHCN will allow it to function and also the 'agberos' should allow good things to stay for once they should not vandalise it. These are basic things you see in civilised societies we too are civilised people they should allow it to work, not only for a day or a month but always.

See the street lights after all 80% do not function any more due to no power and vandalisation. I think people need to be reorientated on some of these amenities.
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by Ice007(m): 1:23pm On Jun 05, 2016
Las Gidi; still the center of excellence. It would be nice if the art of continuity is adopted by our govt. This was one of the projects embarked upon by the previous governor yet continued by Ambode. What most of them do is abandon previous projects and start new ones all in the bid to leave a legacy in their own name behind when they leave office (of which most of these new projects are white elephants)

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by Jacko01: 1:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
Hmmmph
If it will be reliable
Another white elephant project without proper planning
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by alabiyemmy(m): 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
SPLITS:
I don't know if I am the only one that noticed it. This kind of development doesn't suit Nigeria grin in the next few years, it will be a thing of the past.

O man of little faith.
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
Demolishing poor people's land and converting it to either brt bus terminals or tinubu shopping mall is not dividend of democracy.That is draconian.
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by maxwell767(m): 1:35pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nice but maintenance is what matters most.. grin
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by Maser: 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
Initial gragra!

Poor maintenance culture won't allow it work. When they break down, they won't get repaired even though budgeted for. Someone will see the maintenance money as his opportunity to hammer. By the way, it may never go beyond the areas where the rich live, I mean Ikoyi-VI-Lekki axis. That's how Nigeria's been rolling...
Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by Ryda(m): 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
Kudos Ambo...Eko oni baje

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by Nature129(m): 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2016
I believe in Ambode - his influence is felt everywhere in Lagos.

Surprisingly, I love KAI and LASTMA officials grin. Only God knows what people would have turned Lagos to if not for them

I wish someone was bringing on the rhythm of northern Nigeria. Northern Nigerian activities are poorly covered on nairaland. Nigeria isn't just about the south. I believe northern governors are also working but they don't hit the headlines like southern counterparts.

Someone should be sharing development going on in the north

Bravo Ambo

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by iamdstar(m): 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
I was very pessimistic about Ambode when he was elected to govern Lagos state but I must confess that in just a year in office, he has surpass my expectation. God bless you sir

Re: Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
grin wink grin grin grin

Nigerian Trainee Pilot Causes Flight Accident In Virginia, Kills Instructor / Man Hangs On A Lady's Bonnet From Ikoyi To VI Lagos (Video) / The 10 Largest Countries In The World By Landmass