Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Is God On Social Media? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God On Social Media? (364 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Pastor Calls God On Phone In The Church As Sheeple Rejoice / Zimbabwean Pastor "Calls God On Phone, Speaks With Him In Church". Photos/Video / What Pastor Victor Kanyari's Daughter Is Posting On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is God On Social Media? by Tobilexy: 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
recent times I’ve been ruminating on the Omni-Presence attribute of the Supreme Being which connotes that God is everywhere and sees everything in the human realm of affairs. The bone of contention now is that, Is God also present in the abstract realm of social media? In other words, can we assume that God monitors our posts and comments? This thought was prompted by the incessant posts I’ve seen circulating which appears equivocal to me. It is highly myopic to put up a piece that is mostly sympathetic thereby compelling readers to comment, type amen or click Like button, as if that is not enough, some will go further to attach threats and curses that are religiously provoking. Well, this affirms my popular acclamation that Nigerians are notoriously religious. As a matter of fact, they have anthropomorphized God to an extent of repugnance. Let me quickly address these social media cankerworms, enough is enough! Come out of your strait-jacketed psyche. God only sees our hearts and is not necessarily on social media. Excuse me! God cannot send you a message on whatsapp or facebook and threaten evil if you do not share. Religious messages as far as I’m concerned are meant to be healthy and objective not scary and compelling. It is demeaning to tie our faith to an ordinary write-up probably composed by a charlatan whose aim is lost in oblivion. I will point the blame finger to the extremely gullible adherents, who exhibit their fears and shallow mindsets on social media. God is Transcendent and Benevolent, He will; never threaten just to make you obey. He will not ask you to type Amen just to become a billionaire. Hence, to the message broadcasting community on social media, we need inspirational messages not “the conversation between Devil and God” That is sheer religious quagmire! Please try other means of generating traffics for your egocentric profits because God’s Identity is a mystery using it carelessly is a blunder. Please let’s wise up and turn a new leaf. Long Live Social Media, Long Live Nigeria. by doctor zac. for more post visit https:// zaccheausgbengaayobami./2016/01/22/dr- zak-writes-6/#respond
Re: Is God On Social Media? by branhampaul: 5:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
Why Has The Devil Lead You To Write This Write-up.. God Knows Everything.. Whatever You Get To Type, Or Do In Any Media Being It Social, Physical, Spiritual, Or Whatever You Gat To Think It First In Ya Heart.. Infact God Knows Who Gon Hack Ya Account In Years To Come.. God Is God.

1 Like

Re: Is God On Social Media? by Nobody: 4:34am On Jun 06, 2016
Try to comprehend before laying accusations. This o.p is 120% correct. Nobody is doubting the omnipresence of God but threatening people with death, accident and all manner of bizzare things if they don't forward or type "amen" to a particular post is unGodly., most times tho people who start such aren't even Christians but bloggers trying to gain traffic to their blogs.
branhampaul:
Why Has The Devil Lead You To Write This Write-up.. God Knows Everything.. Whatever You Get To Type, Or Do In Any Media Being It Social, Physical, Spiritual, Or Whatever You Gat To Think It First In Ya Heart.. Infact God Knows Who Gon Hack Ya Account In Years To Come.. God Is God.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Go Ahead With The Relationship Or Not?? / Reincarnated Man Jailed For Impersonation / Spiritual Digest For The Day 7th Of July 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.