Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,274 members, 7,957,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:26 PM

EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu (1524 Views)

You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu / EXCLUSIVE | You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu / Fresh Power Tussle In APC: Buhari Woos Tinubu For Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has told former Lagos State governor and chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu that he is not the national leader of APC, SIGNAL can report.

The development which occurred during a dinner event at the Aso Rock presidential villa while President Buhari was playing host to APC chieftains and members of the National Assembly may have finally put to rest controversy surrounding the actual status of Tinubu in the APC party hierarchy.

Prior to the election of Muhammadu Buhari as President, Tinubu was revered, regarded and addressed within the APC as “national leader of the party.”

Buhari’s declaration on Monday was said to have been ignited by Senate President Bukola Saraki who while observing protocol in the course of making his remarks, addressed Tinubu as “the national leader of APC.”

According to an informed source who did not want to be named, Buhari immediately seized the moment to “set the records straight” taking his turn to speak immediately after the Senate President’s remarks.

Buhari, SIGNAL gathered was blunt, brutal and straight to the point right before Tinubu’s eyes and to the hearing of all. “Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, even though the Senate President addressed you as the National Leader of APC, you are not the national leader of the party. You are one of the national leaders of the APC”, Buhari said to the consternation of onlookers.

Asked why President Buhari may have been forced to make such a comment at an open event, the source disclosed that it may not be unconnected to bickering within the APC over Tinubu’s increasing status as perhaps the most influential power broker in APC, a development close confidants of President Buhari are said to be uncomfortable with.

“President Buhari’s close aides and confidants are not comfortable with the idea of Tinubu parading himself as national leader of the APC. They believe only the President deserves to carry the full weight of that title. It is a silent cold war that has been brewing but nobody knew the President would take it that personal by actually voicing it out face to face with Tinubu. It appeared petty actually but again, you need to understand that the former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar was also seated when this happened. The President may have been uncomfortable with allowing Tinubu get away with being addressed as national leader of APC in the presence of other senior leaders of the party like Atiku and then the national chairman, John Oyegun who was also present. Buhari’s silence on the matter may have been misconstrued as an acceptance of Tinubu as the national leader of APC and he didn’t want that to happen”, the source said.

The idea of ‘national leader of the party’ became a ‘big deal’ in modern Nigerian democracy during the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo who invented the title and reserved it for the office of the President under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) government. It soon became institutionalized within the party’s leadership hierarchy and has now filtered into the fabric of the current ruling APC.

http://www.signalng.com/exclusive-not-national-leader-apc-buhari-downgrades-tinubu/
Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by Pwayne2016(m): 4:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
This will be Bad news for Nairalanders from De other side of de Niger

Sipping Kunu and chewing Sugar cane and Paw paw

Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by rheether(f): 5:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ghen ghen!!! Waiting for them to deny it.
Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by blaquemyc: 5:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
there's always a source that does not want to named in all these made up stories. Anyways, even if na true e no concern me sef.
Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by ijaw1stson: 5:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
this plot of land is not for sale
Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by ijaw1stson: 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
so after being the minister of petrol and also bagging the Guinness award of highest traveling President of the 21st century, he z now uncomfortable with the title of national leader bestowed on jagaban...

abeg who title EPP?
Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by Toosure70: 5:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
iPad blogger. YouTube or Adonbiliv.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by ucheheart(m): 5:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
As usual it will be denied again. We no longer take apc serious.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by santino09: 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
And tinubu would be like, egbon mohammadu why you fall my hand?
Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by Vulu: 5:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
ucheheart:
As usual it will be denied again. We no longer take apc serious.

If lair mohammed denies it then know it is the...

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by ishiamu(m): 5:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
in zombies Voice....... IPOD SAUCE
Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by kizzyblazz: 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tinubu and baba make una calm down, na me be una two national leader,,,their faaaa,,, I repeat am their faaa,,
Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by keypad1: 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
To hell with tinubu and buhari....apc must fall
Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by skelewu404(m): 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
the data is off the ground and the person is above the ground and a few weeks ago by a religious beliefs and tribe of my life any other way to get a free to contact me if I'm not a problem now I. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT AM SAYING SELF
Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by otukpo(f): 5:50pm On Jun 05, 2016
And i ask again :"did Buhari really say this?
Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by Kingkamal(m): 5:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
Guy i was there... Nothing happen like that.. Check my name am the PA to the president grin grin
Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by bishopkay: 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
hehehe
Re: EXCLUSIVE- You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu by Xtopherprince(m): 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
Jagaban, You are still the leader joor.... Bubu was just pulling yah leqs

(1) (Reply)

Dasuki Gate: “I Am Not Surprised, He Has Always Demonstrated His Ignorance“, CAC / Man Disgraced For Preaching About Morality After Seeing Senator With Young Girl / Justice Onnoghen Speaks On Delayed Submission Of His Name For Confirmation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.