Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 (16774 Views)

Btw A Restaurant Biz And A Transportation Biz Wch Is More Profitable. / Chelsea Vs Southampton 18 Hrs To Go Place Your Bet / Urgent Need Of Nylon Sachets For Soap And Detergent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by Voy(m): 7:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
I Interviewed 3 Pure Water Sellers In Port harcourt / Aba Expressway, And According To Them: Sometimes, It Takes About 6 Hours To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Which Amounts To A Total Of N200 (1Dollar). From The N200, The Profit Is Only About N40 As The Pure. Water Sellers Have To Pay The Wholesalers Their Money Back As Well As Cover The Price For Ice Block Which Was Used To Cool The Water. The Long And Short Of It Is That Some Of Them Make Only N40 In 6 Hours Of Hustling Under The Hot Sun, Risking Their Lives On Major Express Roads And Always At The Mercy Of The Environmental Protection Board Who Whip
Them With Cane When Caught; Burst Their Water Sachets To The Ground And Fine Them N5,000. As If That Isn't Bad Enough, When Passengers And Drivers Reach The Traffic Stops, They Prefer To Dash N100, N200 Or Even N500 To Beggars And Fake Sufferers Who Sometimes Make About N1,500 A Day Doing Nothing But Begging, Leaving Them Richer, Luckier And Safer Than The Pure Water Sellers Who Are Young Entrepreneurs Serving The Larger Community With Their Trade, And Trying To
Make Ends Meet. So When Next You Are At A Traffic Stop, Please:
1. Dash The Pure Water Seller Instead

2. Buy Pure Water To Patronise Them And If The Change Is (N10, Or Even N20, You Can Leave It With Them)

3. Say Something Nice To Them. Greet Them, Encourage Them.

4. Slow Down, Don't Knock Them Down.

5. Even If You Wont Buy The Pure Water, If They Ask You To Buy, Rather Than Ignoring Them And Facing Front As If They Are Not Humans, You Can Look At Them, Smile And
Say "Thank You"

213 Likes 38 Shares

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by jamalnation(m): 8:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
Kudos. This should be on Front Page

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by ikbnice(m): 8:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
and where I am, people sell more than 10 bags in a day especially during dry season with a profit of #70-#110 per bag.

8 Likes

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 05, 2016
cheesy Op wait let me call him
Lalasticlala come and see oh,
Username Snake
Password olajumoke grin

16 Likes

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by Voy(m): 8:10am On Jun 06, 2016
grossintel:
Username Snake
Password olajumoke grin
grin
Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by dav8id(m): 8:15am On Jun 06, 2016
ikbnice:
and where I am, people sell more than 10 bags in a day especially during dry season with a profit of #70-#110 per bag.

true talk

6 Likes

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by Abidex35(m): 8:32am On Jun 06, 2016
ikbnice:

I doubt anyone makes upto #110 /bag at this present dispensation of inflated prices, #70 could be termed realistic after deducting cost price (ice block and bag cost), and even at that, They could only make at most #700-#800 after the day's sales. I hail them, youngHustlers

#700 of today is an equivalent of #400 of yesterday = Depreciation, meaning, this guys are now making less in this harsh economy

Op is right, saying 'thank you' when not buying and leaving them with little change(money) not only encourages them, it's definitely an act of humanity.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by ikbnice(m): 9:19am On Jun 06, 2016
Abidex35:

I doubt anyone makes upto #110 /bag at this present dispensation of inflated prices, #70 could be termed realistic after deducting cost price (ice block and bag cost), and even at that, They could only make at most #700-#800 after the day's sales. I hail them, youngHustlers

#700 of today is an equivalent of #400 of yesterday = Depreciation, meaning, this guys are now making less in this harsh economy

Op is right, saying 'thank you' when not buying and leaving them with little change(money) not only encourages them, it's definitely an act of humanity.
A bag is sold btwn #80 and #100, but store owners sell it for hawkers at #120-#130 per bag 'cuz it is cold. Hawkers are free to exchange there satchet water if it gets hot before selling it and also the ones remaining will be returned to the store.
Hawkers can start this business with no capital, just a known guarantor and the satchet water will be given out on credit. It's brisk business where I am and people have taken it up on a large scale.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by demsid(m): 10:46am On Jun 06, 2016
This one na lie o. Well
Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by Sirmuel1(m): 10:48am On Jun 06, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 06, 2016
embarassed
Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by Youngetskilz23(m): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2016
lies people tell . makes the devil fear. OP your write up is either false. because 1bag is 120 naira. if you buy directly from the manufacturer you get 5bags at 500 naira.. hence 20 sachets will go for 200 naira. amounting to a gain on 100 naira or 80 naira at most. most times the water is refrigerated so the sellers dont even need to get iceblocks. and in less than 30mins its all gone. in a day u make over 2k plus from sales. so what are you saying?. pls am not a pure water seller o. tongue poster below me is a phooooooooolish purre water hawker tongue

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 06, 2016
TO THE MAN ABOVE ME

3 Likes

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by tolexy007(m): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2016
cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by richidinho(m): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2016
Na lie abeg
Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by flyca: 10:50am On Jun 06, 2016
N200 now is actually half a dollar not a full dollar.

2 Likes

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by Olukokosir(m): 10:51am On Jun 06, 2016
LATE SAM LOCO EFE - poverty is nt only a disease but also a climax

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by davedpo(m): 10:51am On Jun 06, 2016
when tyms are hard!
Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by izzou(m): 10:52am On Jun 06, 2016
6 hours to sell 20 sachets??
The hawker must be crippled

Its a fat lie

Or maybe he sells in the bush.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 06, 2016
TO BUHARI & ALL HIS CHANGE MANTRA DULLARDS

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by Tolubory(m): 10:52am On Jun 06, 2016
Voy:
I Interviewed 3 Pure Water Sellers In Port harcourt / Aba Expressway, And According To Them: Sometimes, It Takes About 6 Hours To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Which Amounts To A Total Of N200 (1Dollar). From The N200, The Profit Is Only About N40 As The Pure. Water Sellers Have To Pay The Wholesalers Their Money Back As Well As Cover The Price For Ice Block Which Was Used To Cool The Water. The Long And Short Of It Is That Some Of Them Make Only N40 In 6 Hours Of Hustling Under The Hot Sun, Risking Their Lives On Major Express Roads And Always At The Mercy Of The Environmental Protection Board Who Whip
Them With Cane When Caught; Burst Their Water Sachets To The Ground And Fine Them N5,000. As If That Isn't Bad Enough, When Passengers And Drivers Reach The Traffic Stops, They Prefer To Dash N100, N200 Or Even N500 To Beggars And Fake Sufferers Who Sometimes Make About N1,500 A Day Doing Nothing But Begging, Leaving Them Richer, Luckier And Safer Than The Pure Water Sellers Who Are Young Entrepreneurs Serving The Larger Community With Their Trade, And Trying To

2. Buy Pure Water To Patronise Them And If The Change Is (N10, Or Even N20, You Can Leave It With Them)

5. Even If You Wont Buy The Pure Water, If They Ask You To Buy, Rather Than Ignoring Them And Facing Front As If They Are Not Humans, You Can Look At Them, Smile And
Say "Thank You"
I agreed with you...
but Most Nigerians are heartless
....am sorry to say that but that is the truth......

3 Likes

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by Emmaoga: 10:52am On Jun 06, 2016
6hours to sell a bag of pure water...
but only 40 seconds to loot 100billion.
and you think this wicked world is fair to everyone.
I don't agree to it.

5 Likes

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by richidinho(m): 10:52am On Jun 06, 2016
grossintel:
Username Snake
Password olajumoke grin

grin grin grin
Realname Tonto

4 Likes

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by perforetti(m): 10:53am On Jun 06, 2016
You just made a lot of sense. Thanks for this write-up,those people do a lot just to make an honest living. It's not much,but it's something.

4 Likes

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by onosprince(m): 10:53am On Jun 06, 2016
We know you have the right to lie but please use brain take lie.

5 Likes

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by cecs(m): 10:53am On Jun 06, 2016
Bless our hustle

1 Like

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by DoyenExchange: 10:54am On Jun 06, 2016
Anything a man does to survive apart from stealing is good and should be encouraged.

5 Likes

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by freeborn76(m): 10:54am On Jun 06, 2016
Voy:

Say "Thank You"

I know what you are trying to do, and I appreciate you for that. However, stop framing pure water sellers as victims who need our pity, they are hard working Nigerians who have chosen to toe the path of dignity in labour rather than criminality. My late mother (like many mothers out there) hawked soft drinks in fuel stations and with it sent me and my siblings to school, I also hawked during holidays...my story is different today (to the glory of God!). They are not victims to be pitied, they are heroes to be celebrated!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by cecs(m): 10:56am On Jun 06, 2016
Bless our hustle
izzou:
6 hours to sell 20 sachets??
The hawker must be crippled
Its a fat lie
Or maybe he sells in the bush.
and you don sell before?

2 Likes

Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by Segadem(m): 10:56am On Jun 06, 2016
cheesy
Re: It Takes About 6 Hrs To Sell 20 Sachets Of Water Wch Amounts To A Total Of N200 by brainpower(m): 10:57am On Jun 06, 2016
It either they lied to you or that was a bad day or you are just exaggerating if not I am very sure they make more money.
In a sunny day maybe around a stadium or rally, it doesn't take them up to 15minutes to sell 20sachets. People rush their water, the business is like every other one, it has a particular period they sell well.
And about giving to them, haven't you seen a pure seller that ran away with people's change? Most of them are criminals that just use that to cover up. What do they do at night?
I am not saying there are no good ones but we should stop making people feel bad cos they didn't leave their change with sellers.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Produce Soaps And Detergent / Banks In Competitive Forex Trading As Demand For School Fees, Others Shrink / 2.3 Billion Pieces Of Coins Worth N1.60b In Circulation—cbn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.