Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

I Hate Poems! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Hate Poems! (1101 Views)

A Love And Hate Relationship (based On A Truelife Story) / I Hate You Patrick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate Poems! by Borat1: 1:34am On Aug 26, 2009
Kai! Some are silly, Some are Stupid, Some are just plain insane. But they all share one characteristic:
They are never straightforward.
I think its written by people who are going crazy or simply wished they were!

"In the hollow of her breasts,
The night whispers with silky delight,
Not to be outdone her heart races,
The sounds of clanging bells,
Rhythms of triumph as in fiery combat. . . Bla bla bla"

This my "poem" written above was composed by me now now drawn from the abundance of nonsensity.
I hate poems sad
Re: I Hate Poems! by Epi: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2009
maybe you should start a thread asking us to explain the meaning of poems(not too long).  you'll end up loving poetry.  wanna bet? here is why - you are going to find the thread interesting seeing that a poem can be interpreted in different ways because each reader may interpret what the author is trying to say differently. 

what if i interpret your poem above?
Re: I Hate Poems! by Borat1: 5:13pm On Aug 29, 2009
Interprete my poem my ass! Thats not a poem by the way. . .
Re: I Hate Poems! by Epi: 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2009
~Borat~:

"In the hollow of her breasts,
The night whispers with silky delight,
Not to be outdone her heart races,
The sounds of clanging bells,
Rhythms of triumph as in fiery combat. . . Bla bla bla"
you are drunken with her love and you cannot sleep at night. when you go to bed, you hear her, see her beautiful face but her heart/love belongs to another man
~Borat~:

Interprete my poem my ass! .
  shocked shocked hey watch your language, today is the sabbath day.  be at peace with yourself.
are you going to open the thread or not.  it should be fun to read different interpretation of poems

buh bye
Re: I Hate Poems! by darkgoddes(f): 12:46am On Aug 30, 2009
I dont hate poems, but i also dont understand it either.

I mean, i really dont get why people love poems so much.

Below is a poem someone composed for me sometime ago ( a bit long), i read thru it but didnt really appreciate it the way i should.

In the twilight of the night I stopped,
paused & pondered
in search of my missing words,
just as the rising profile
of  my burdened thoughts exploded;
your esteemed grotesque
beamed so real & warmth tender but delicate
un-quantifiably fragile
in inestimable splendour.
Suddenly at the kiss of the day
I hear some subtle lullaby of wild birds
slowly creeping into my early start;
memories of you envisage;
of that familiar fantasy,
savored like a silky touch and reverberated into a
gentle scenario
of love serenade.
How this wonderful blend of love
& character that depict you?
You charm and poise … yourself
with such a radiating smiles that glow
petrifying your existence and yet
all yours ,  alone.
Could distance be the clog that
stand like colossus b/w us?
Oh heaven! my heart bleed as body longed & soul yearn
for you.
For it’s like I’ve you before…… .;
and my life holds no meaning
without you by my side to cherish
this magic moment ‘cause,
my blood pulsates & being suspend
when that majestic elegance
resurgence in my minds’ eyes clearly affords me one
guess (assertion);
that if I had only one thing left,
I want it to be you,  yeah! Of-course
it’s you… ., Sure, ! let the world
have herself but I, you for keeps
‘cos, my gem is too precious to forfeit
not for anything else, but just for
you, been you, I loved.
Re: I Hate Poems! by Scofield007(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2009
Here's for you DARKGODDES, have you ever tried to read books definin poems or poetry, one that fascinates me the most is the one that says "poetry is an avenue to say what you will not say ordinarily and yet you cant keep quiet about it". I'm sure the person who sent the poem is of the male gender and i guess both you were once in love and he wronged you, or just friends and if wants more. Anyways, my younger sister will die for a guy like that. She made me love poetry.
Re: I Hate Poems! by Scofield007(m): 8:19am On Aug 30, 2009
Now, BORAT i can guess who your favorite musician is going to be by the way you talk about poetry- terry g. But just bear in mind that poetry loves you.
Re: I Hate Poems! by darkgoddes(f): 3:45pm On Aug 30, 2009
Scofield007:

Here's for you DARKGODDES, have you ever tried to read books definin poems or poetry, one that fascinates me the most is the one that says "poetry is an avenue to say what you will not say ordinarily and yet you cant keep quiet about it". I'm sure the person who sent the poem is of the male gender and i guess both you were once in love and he wronged you, or just friends and if wants more. Anyways, my younger sister will die for a guy like that. She made me love poetry.

he was a friend and someone i liked.
yes, he wanted more than friendship.
i really didnt know what that poem was all about.
maybe for once, i will take the pains to try and understand poetry.
Re: I Hate Poems! by aslan333: 10:29am On Aug 31, 2009
hi borat , poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings(Wordsworth). I am sure you must have just sat down and written to express some pent up emotion at least once in your life?and if you never got the older poets messages what about relatively modern poets like tupac? didn't you enjoy his music? i have read some great poetry here and am sure if you take some time you'll find some great work on nairaland too.

(1) (Reply)

Good Project Topics And The Materials For Students / An Excerpt From My Work / An Amateur Script Writer Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.