Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster (35946 Views)

VIDEO: Dubai’s Smart Trees Have Wifi And Can Charge Your Phone / The Bontel Phone That Can Charge Other Phones I Saw Today (Photos) / Meet ASAP DASH, The Worlds Fastest Charger That Can Charge Any Device In 15 Mins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 06, 2016
Oya Tell me something.

sholexy21:
I went to Banana Island for the first time
yesterday. And I have come to the conclusion
that the people who live there have 2 heads
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by latinoKingdom(m): 9:42am On Jun 06, 2016
crackhouse:
I knew about that before. I use 4A charger but it's costly. I enjoy changing my phone with it. very fast.
how much did you buy it?
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 06, 2016
I use the standard BlackBerry roller blade charger. very fast. it is the best charger there is
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by dadaha: 10:10am On Jun 06, 2016
Chuukwudi:
Op, everything depends on specifications. You can't use a high power output charger to charge a small phone, either the phone heats up or it will be operating itself by itself during the charging process. You click on the screen once and different parts of the screen gets affected and many things start happening. You could even decide to phone a contact and once you want to dial the number, your phone starts pressing itself and delete the number.

Please, the English man is not a fool. Use correct specified charger only.

I love my infinix hot note pro charger. Once my phone is being charged, it gets into flash mode and charges 2 times faster. There is no other charger that can do that apart from its original follow-come charger.

My observations about the infinix hot note pro charger :
The USB cable has 4 wires inside it; red and black for power transmission, green and white for data transmission through USB. For the infinix hot note pro charger, power is ejected into the phone from all four wires. If you disconnect the data cables (green and white) your phone would still charge but it will not flash charge. This is unlike any other charger. Samsung, HTC, LG, etc, they all dissipate power ONLY through the power cables.

So, my advice for infinix hot note users, our follow-come chargers have been designed to charge twice as fast and the inbuilt battery has also been designed to charge like a capacitor and discharge like an accumulator. Guard your original charger jealously.

Use correct specifications! Don't go and spoil your device! It's not like I'm begging you o, use your laptop charger and charge your phone if you want to. After all, is it not just 20v and 3.33A? Your phone will full in 1.1232 seconds. grin grin grin
you spoke my mind. No mind OP

1 Like

Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by harizonal123(m): 10:40am On Jun 06, 2016
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by baba11(m): 11:11am On Jun 06, 2016
It's not advisable to use a particular charger.. the standard practice is to use the one of actual ratings of your device..under-supplying or over supply of the energy require to excite the device to work might result in dysfunctional of its operation or in extreme cases,got the discrete components which are unable to withstand the voltage/current to get damage and burnt!
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by mysticgal(f): 11:28am On Jun 06, 2016
Elxandre:

Which infinix is this?
Note series charger cool
Have a blissful day
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by 12inchDickson: 11:50am On Jun 06, 2016
Ginaz:
My charger is not to be trusted, today it charges faster and tomorrow is moves like a snail. I've come to accept it, what can I do? embarassed worst thing is my phone rejects charger a lot.
lmdo
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by Chuukwudi(m): 1:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
youngice:

The malfunction Is only for older devices DND faulty chargers (imbalance between the voltage levels of gnd and 5v)
Keep repping FUTO

Young man Ice, I hail thee!

1 Like

Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by Chuukwudi(m): 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2016
nnasalma:

I use Infinix hot note pro too. but these days the charger charges my phone so slowly, some times I have to curve the cord before it starts charging and the USB doesn't work with my system again. should I get another USB or Wat is the solution please.

Get another USB immediately. Original USB. Costs between 700-1k bucks.
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by henryboff(m): 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
Please I beg una, No listen to this poster. Charging a phone with a charger that the phone is not designed for is the biggest fire hazard there is. Batteries are designed to be charged at a specific rate. Charging at a higher rate will very likely cause the battery to explode. A word is enough for the wise. Remember say fire service for naija na film tricks ooo.

1 Like

Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by Alekefine(f): 4:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
[left][/left]
Chuukwudi:
Op, everything depends on specifications. You can't use a high power output charger to charge a small phone, either the phone heats up or it will be operating itself by itself during the charging process. You click on the screen once and different parts of the screen gets affected and many things start happening. You could even decide to phone a contact and once you want to dial the number, your phone starts pressing itself and delete the number.

I love my infinix hot note pro charger. Once my phone is being charged, it gets into flash mode and charges 2 times faster. There is no other charger that can do that apart from its original follow-come charger.

The USB cable has 4 wires inside it; red and black for power transmission, green and white for data transmission through USB. For the infinix hot note pro charger, power is ejected into the phone from all four wires. If you disconnect the data cables (green and white) your phone would still charge but it will not flash charge. This is unlike any other charger. Samsung, HTC, LG, etc, they all dissipate power ONLY through the power cables.

So, my advice for infinix hot note users, our follow-come chargers have been designed to charge twice as fast and the inbuilt battery has also been designed to charge like a capacitor and discharge like an accumulator. Guard your original charger jealously.

Use correct specifications! Don't go and spoil your device! It's not like I'm begging you o, use your laptop charger and charge your phone if you want to. After all, is it not just 20v and 3.33A? Your phone will full in 1.1232 seconds. grin grin grin
Chuukwudi:

[b] My observations about the infinix hot note pro charger :

[/b]
Chuukwudi:

Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by Babysho(m): 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2016
darlington15:
Hello everyone, today am going to show how to make your phone charge faster. sometimes you wonder why your phone charges slowly,there are two reasons for that,it could be from the charger or from the phone.

The two factors that responsible for making you phone charge slower.

1.OUTPUT specifications:most manufacturers usually embed the output specifications in your

chargers.

Read very carefully:if you look at the two diagrams below, you would notice that the second diagram has more voltage and current than the first one.

Get the concept: the output of the 2nd diagram shows an output of 5.3V and 2A(2000mA). An adapter with that rating will provide 4 times the amount of power than that with output of 5.1V and 750mA.this will almost charge your device faster.

All am trying to say is that the higher the voltage, the higher the ampere and the more the current it provides to charge your phone faster.

For USB cord: you will find out that when you plug your USB cord to your system,it charges your phone very slowly, such that its battery life has barely moved an inch.

Why is it so? When it comes to USB connectors, the standard for every USB is fixed at 5 volts in a way that we can plug in any 2 holes of same size, which provides a current of 500mA. This is enough to make the device detectable by the system but not enough to charge it faster. hence the slow charge that results from USB connections to systems.

2. what the device is doing at the time matters

While the charger you use can definitely make a difference as to how quickly your device,charges,so will what that device is doing at the time.

Most smartphones, for example are nothing more than small computers.they use more power when they are working hard than they do when they are idle.

What does this mean? Watching videos,playing a game,running a WiFi hot spot on your device while charging your device,in this situation your charger might not be able to keep up,hence charging your phone at a very much slower rate.

I have experienced this when I was charging my phone and running my WiFi hot spot at the same time, my phone took several hours instead of 2 or 3 hours top to reach 100%

BEST PRACTICES

1.always buy a charger with a higher ampere and voltage.

2.try to make sure that your device is as idle as possible.

source: http://www.technetcruz.com/2016/06/how-to-make-your-phone-charge-faster.html

Okay Bros abeg....I'm using Gionee S plus and i charge for 3 - 4 hours with the "follow come" charger only to get 75%

Which charger do you suggest i get?

Or is it the phone?
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by zicol2015: 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2016
crackhouse:
I knew about that before. I use 4A charger but it's costly. I enjoy changing my phone with it. very fast.

You knew it before, den did u bother to share it with us?
next time, just say thanks and pass by

1 Like

Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by ijaw1stson: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2016
mysticgal:
OK, here is it
God bless u sis... thanks again
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by stephinnoyewole(m): 7:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
kingphilip:
Most times what's written on chargers are usually fake especially when the manufacturers knows that people will go for the one with the highest voltage..

Android users should just download ampere from Google play store for free and run it when testing their chargers that way you'll get to know if the charger is in good condition or not

Good morning Nairalanders
May our hustle this week be greased with God's favor
To claim it click like
Pls tell me if my charger is gud or not

Images is attached while ampere was running

Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by stephinnoyewole(m): 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2016
mysticgal:
Wow, I just checked my charger. No wonder my phone charges fast
How do u check ur charger?
Pls enlight me
Tanx
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by okikiosibodu(m): 11:45pm On Jun 06, 2016
OP. I have known this for a long time, and I have also discovered from experience that some charger manufacturers put ridiculous figures on their outputs. I have seen a charger of 1A that charges slower than a 750mA. Also I remember my. Tecno F7, it takes eternity to charge (Almst 7hours) even when I use a 2A charger for it. I just plug it at night, and wake up to see a full battery. I for no vex if the way e Tey the charge, n the same was e Tey dey discharge.
My question though, using a 2.1A charger for a phone that has its original charger as 850mA (usin BlackBerry Q10 for example), can it affect the battery life?
Also is there anyway I can alter the amount of voltage coming out from you USB ports of my laptop, laptop, just it charge my phone faster?

That's a curiosity I have been trying to satisfy for a long time.

Cc Youngzedd
Chuukwudi
profhenri
dadaha
baba11
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by Youngzedd(m): 10:20am On Jun 07, 2016
okikiosibodu:
OP. I have known this for a long time, and I have also discovered from experience that some charger manufacturers put ridiculous figures on their outputs. I have seen a charger of 1A that charges slower than a 750mA. Also I remember my. Tecno F7, it takes eternity to charge (Almst 7hours) even when I use a 2A charger for it. I just plug it at night, and wake up to see a full battery. I for no vex if the way e Tey the charge, n the same was e Tey dey discharge.
My question though, using a 2.1A charger for a phone that has its original charger as 850mA (usin BlackBerry Q10 for example), can it affect the battery life?
Also is there anyway I can alter the amount of voltage coming out from you USB ports of my laptop, laptop, just it charge my phone faster?

Cc Youngzedd
Chuukwudi
profhenri
dadaha
baba11

Use same voltage recommended by phone maker. Some chipset can accept higher voltage while some will not.

Taking qualcomm quick charge 2.0 and 3.0 as an example, phones using chipset like Snapdragon 800 which uses quick charge 2.0, when you use quick charge 3.0 it will still give you the same output as 2.0.

Quick charge is hardware thing, if the hardware doesn't support upto that voltage, anything can happen to the device.
Remember, quick charge reduce battery life span.

As for PC, I don't really know if there's a way to increase the output.

2 Likes

Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by baba11(m): 11:08am On Jun 07, 2016
Youngzedd:

Use same voltage recommended by phone maker. Some chipset can accept higher voltage while some will not.

Taking qualcomm quick charge 2.0 and 3.0 as an example, phones using chipset like Snapdragon 800 which uses quick charge 2.0, when you use quick charge 3.0 it will still give you the same output as 2.0.

Quick charge is hardware thing, if the hardware doesn't support upto that voltage, anything can happen to the device.
Remember, quick charge reduce battery life span.

As for PC, I don't really know if there's a way to increase the output.
You've said it all!
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by baba11(m): 11:10am On Jun 07, 2016
okikiosibodu:

Cc Youngzedd
Chuukwudi
profhenri
dadaha
baba11
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by Chuukwudi(m): 3:48am On Jun 08, 2016
okikiosibodu:

Cc Youngzedd
Chuukwudi
profhenri
dadaha
baba11

You asked me 2 questions.
Firstly; if using a 2.1A charger to replace the recommended 850mA would affect the battery life. My answer is yes. It reduces the number of charging cycles of your battery, as time goes on, it gets weaker. If a fully charged battery normally lasts 24hours for you @ stand-by , as time goes on, due to your high current charger, instead of deteriorating to 24.5 hours, it'll get as bad as 21hours, the cycle continues, it'll will wear off your battery on time.

Secondly ; if you can alter the voltage voltage of your laptop to make it charge faster?
The answer is No. You'll have to alter the hardware to achieve that. There are 3 to 4 types of USB ports (majorly 3) viz ; USB 1.1, USB 2.0 & USB 3.0 ports. USB 3.0 produces the highest current, maximum 2.5A. It's very fast. The color of the 3.0 USB port is blue. There are other ways to identify it. See HERE and HERE for more details.

I think I have solved your problem. wink

2 Likes

Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by Carlcaresophia: 8:02am On Jun 08, 2016
nnasalma:

I use Infinix hot note pro too. but these days the charger charges my phone so slowly, some times I have to curve the cord before it starts charging and the USB doesn't work with my system again. should I get another USB or Wat is the solution please.
Hello nnasalma, you can try another infinix charger, if there is still problem, you can try to take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our colleagues there will check the problem for you. Thank you!
If you want to know hotline and address of our service center, pls tell us your location.
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by okikiosibodu(m): 9:18pm On Jun 08, 2016
Thanks a lot I learnt a lot from your post. But just then, I tried to lauch "device manager" to see the values of each of my ports(to know their outputs) but I don't seem to have any luck with getting the value for individual ports. Can you help me pls?
Chuukwudi:

You asked me 2 questions.
Firstly; if using a 2.1A charger to replace the recommended 850mA would affect the battery life. My answer is yes. It reduces the number of charging cycles of your battery, as time goes on, it gets weaker. If a fully charged battery normally lasts 24hours for you @ stand-by , as time goes on, due to your high current charger, instead of deteriorating to 24.5 hours, it'll get as bad as 21hours, the cycle continues, it'll will wear off your battery on time.

Secondly ; if you can alter the voltage voltage of your laptop to make it charge faster?
The answer is No. You'll have to alter the hardware to achieve that. There are 3 to 4 types of USB ports (majorly 3) viz ; USB 1.1, USB 2.0 & USB 3.0 ports. USB 3.0 produces the highest current, maximum 2.5A. It's very fast. The color of the 3.0 USB port is blue. There are other ways to identify it. See HERE and HERE for more details.

I think I have solved your problem. wink
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by Chuukwudi(m): 5:09am On Jun 09, 2016
okikiosibodu:
Thanks a lot I learnt a lot from your post. But just then, I tried to lauch "device manager" to see the values of each of my ports(to know their outputs) but I don't seem to have any luck with getting the value for individual ports. Can you help me pls?

Download 'Ampere' or 'Ampere meter' from playstore. It tells you the amount of charge that is entering into your phone. Not all phones are supported though. Use it & test your USB ports.

1 Like

Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by okikiosibodu(m): 11:20am On Jun 09, 2016
tongue[sup][/sup]
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by okikiosibodu(m): 11:26am On Jun 09, 2016
Chuukwudi:

Download 'Ampere' or 'Ampere meter' from playstore. It tells you the amount of charge that is entering into your phone. Not all phones are supported though. Use it & test your USB ports.

Brother, I searched for "ampere" and "amperemeter " on mobo market but all the apps I see there are not compatible with my BlackBerry Q10, som also require root access. Blackberry world is a waste of time time playstore doesn't work on BlackBerry. Any other site or app you can recommend? Also how do I check the output of each hub in a lappy (though I know if I gt the app on my phone, I will be able to determine that but I want something I can determine from the laptop),cause the links in your prev post is not the same with what I see on my laptop. Even those symbols to supercharge, etc.
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by Hawlahscho(m): 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2016
joey150:
What you dont know is never use a charger that the original output is 25% more than the original charger the phone came with.

For example if your original output charger that came with the phone is 500ma using a 2A charger would damage your battery. Where as a 700ma would be perfect.

Phones have IC in them..chargers just allow specified current pass through them,nothing more. so, the IC takes only a certain amount of current,no matter how many ampere charger you use too charge it, it is designed to take a specifed current.

The rest get dumped as heat, heat weakens your battery overtime. If your phone gets too warm while charging and idle, be sure its your charging source.
So be smart about your decisions.

I think this is what happened to my phone. Now d fast charging has stopped cry
What do I do pls
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by Mainman4: 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2017
emeraldknytt:
bro, i have an original infinix charger rated at 5v 2.4A. Interested, send me a personal message and i'll send pics and details.
Hi, i need original charger for my Hot Note Pro, whatsapp me 08062251573
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by emeraldknytt(m): 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2017
Mainman4:
Hi, i need original charger for my Hot Note Pro, whatsapp me 08062251573
Currently, I do not have the 'Original' flash charger in stock now .. I will keep you updated when I have it... Thanks and have a good night rest

1 Like

Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by dabigjoe6(m): 11:30pm On Jan 21, 2017
The output voltage of the charger has to be the same with the input rating of the battery, or the battery life span will reduce and can even damage the battery. The ampere is just like the amount of current the battery can suck, like how narrow or wide a pipe is therefore you could use any ampere rating (the higher the value the better). Rapid charging also causes battery to heat up which may be bad for the battery and components of the phone
Re: How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster by emeraldknytt(m): 1:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
Mainman4:
Hi, i need original charger for my Hot Note Pro, whatsapp me
Hi, I have the 'Original' FlashCharge infinix Note series Wall charger. I will send you a WhatsApp message on your provided number. Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android / Tecno Camon CX Unboxing And Quick Review / Glo Just Made Me Immortal Just To Download An Episode Of A TV Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.