Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,905 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? (6749 Views)

Mother Of Four Dies After A Five-day Sex With Lover (photos) / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA / Kids Drinking Dry Gin In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? by nickxtra(m): 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2016
My wife put to bed just a week ago. Although, she is not an alcohol freak, but she is asking me to get her alcoholic gin, particularly 'seaman aromatic' or any related hot gin. Her argument is that it was recommended or advised by a nurse that it is really not harmful if she takes it and that it is good for her tummy, i.e reducing the fats in the tummy. I have advised her that, it is not good for a nursing and breast feeding mother to take certain foods, including alcohol as that may be passed out to the baby via breastfeeding. Experience mothers, Doctors and Nurses, your advice and views are kindly required, to enable me place a superior argument before her.
Re: How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? by theEYe21(f): 2:05pm On Jun 06, 2016
Unless you want to get your baby drunk when you breastfeed, and your baby could get alcohol poisoning from mother's milk if you take alcohol. Avoid alcohol and other forms of drunks until you stop breastfeeding, so that it doesn't affect your babies growth and development.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? by nickxtra(m): 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
theEYe21:
Unless you want to get your baby drunk when you breastfeed, and your baby could get alcohol poisoning from mother's milk if you take alcohol. Avoid alcohol and other forms of drunks until you stop breastfeeding, so that it doesn't affect your babies growth and development.
Thank you for the comment

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? by ojun50(m): 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2016
No wonder most children of nowadays they misbehave make i see my wife drink any tin alcohol, i go let una no wetin happen.

@op u better do every tin possible to stop her nd go nd see a doctor for better advice.
I no say na does yoruba nurse go give dat advice.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? by ikbnice(m): 2:24pm On Jun 06, 2016
If her child grows up to be a chronic drunkard now, she would begin to blame the witches in her village.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? by nickxtra(m): 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
ikbnice:
If her child grows up to be a chronic drunkard now, she would begin to blame the witches in her village.
Is that the only comment you have to give?
Re: How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? by thorpido(m): 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
Whoever came up with this idea of taking spirits to 'burn fat in the tummy'?How does alcohol burn fat?
Tell your wife she doesn't need that alcohol.She should breastfeed and the tummy will reduce a bit.
When she's healed in a few months,she should start tummy trimming exercises.

4 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2016
nickxtra:
My wife put to bed just a week ago. Although, she is not an alcohol freak, but she is asking me to get her alcoholic gin, particularly 'seaman aromatic' or any related hot gin. Her argument is that it was recommended or advised by a nurse that it is really not harmful if she takes it and that it is good for her tummy, i.e reducing the fats in the tummy. I have advised her that, it is not good for a nursing and breast feeding mother to take certain foods, including alcohol as that may be passed out to the baby via breastfeeding. Experience mothers, Doctors and Nurses, your advice and views are kindly required, to enable me place a superior argument before her.

no be only superior judgement, Na omniscient judgement.

abeg if Na joke, stop am o!
Re: How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? by anncook158: 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2016
About alcohol - It's better to be attentive while breastfeeding after alcohol drinks. Read more here: http://motherhow.com/alcohol-and-breastfeeding-how-much-can-you-drink/
Re: How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? by TheArchangel(f): 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2016
These are the quacks that are spoiling the image of nurses in Nigeria.
Re: How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? by cococandy(f): 5:13am On Jun 11, 2016
It's not good.
In fact it can harm the baby as alcohol interferes with neuron formation in the brain.
Very unsafe for the rapidly growing brain of an infant. You don't want to deny that baby the chance of being as mentally active as s/he should be.
Avoid. Avoid.

You can pull up scholarly articles about this online to show her if she insists on listening to the 'nurse'.
Re: How Safe Is Dry Gin(alcohol) To A Nursing/breasting Mother Of A Week's Old Baby? by Adaezeagu(f): 11:23am On Jun 11, 2016
listen to nursu eliza at your own peril

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Number Of Kids And Age Gap? / Chie! Children Of Nowadays (i Am Shocked To The Bone Narrow) Mature Response Pls / Google Celebrates Women's Day With Interactive Doodles On #herstoryourstory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.