Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Senators and FCT/Finance Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators and FCT/Finance Ministers (1635 Views)

APC Wins 21 States, PDP Wins 15 States And FCT / INEC Releases Statistics Of PVC Collected In All 36 States And FCT / List Of Senatorial Candidates For The 36 States And FCT And Their QUALIFICATION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators and FCT/Finance Ministers by Namio1(f): 7:49am On May 27, 2005
What's your take on the way the FCT and Finance Ministers are being handled by the Senators? I am getting really worried about the what things are being done in our dear Nation.
Re: Senators and FCT/Finance Ministers by Allenpowered(m): 9:13am On May 27, 2005
I don't really think its anything to worry about; it has become part of Nigeria politics. With the excessive power being wielded by the executive, it is almost impossible for anything to be done to the president's "annointed" ones like the finance minister and the FCT minister.

I think the senate is also doing this to seek relevance in the Nigerian polity, we all know they've been dormant for most part of their stay. sad
Re: Senators and FCT/Finance Ministers by Seun(m): 9:43am On May 27, 2005
Our Finance Minister, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala? What's the problem between the senators, Dr. Okonjo-Iweala and the FCT minister? I haven't heard anything. Please tell us more.

Re: Senators and FCT/Finance Ministers by Allenpowered(m): 9:54am On May 27, 2005
Not the senators and the FCT minister, but between the house of reps and the FCT minister.the budget issue is the bone of contention between the senate and the finance minister...well i guess thats the much i can reliably say i know
Re: Senators and FCT/Finance Ministers by Namio1(f): 10:30am On May 27, 2005
Seun, your question has been answered by Allenpowered. Do u still need more info?
Re: Senators and FCT/Finance Ministers by Seun(m): 11:04am On May 27, 2005
Yes. And besides you should have provided the info in the first post. angry angry
Re: Senators and FCT/Finance Ministers by Danasco(m): 11:58am On May 31, 2005
The issues betwen the NASS and El-Rufai is a non issue as far as iam concerned. Take it or u leave it, to restructure this grate country, we must start from somewere.The Hon. minister is doing a good job in FCT. Even his critics are begining to complement him in the hidden.
This figth is personal because these group of people felt they own houses and shop were he is demolishing. It is a fact that me and u (commoners) can not own a centimetre of land in Fct. They acquired this land by fraud, build it with fraud and want to sustain it by fraud. By the special grace of Allah their plans will not see the day light.
To succed in this plan, they have begin to treathen Mr president with impeachment. The man self no care for them because he is use to thios style and plan it wont work InshaAllah.
It is high time our leaders begin to work for the interest of the poor masses who voted them inn against all odds. Thre is poverty in the land, educational satandard id falling, hungry is killing people dailyand so many things happening to our lives.
PLEASE STOP FIGTHING THE MINISTER OF FCT.
Re: Senators and FCT/Finance Ministers by Greatpeter(m): 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2005
Let them continue to fight the Hon. Minister.
Obasanjo is backing him, he runs to "Baba" when the pressure is on, "Baba" will quench the fire and they in return turn the heat against "Baba" and because "Baba God" is with Obasanjo, he too runs to God and "Baba God" authomatically quenches the fire.
So tell me how these currupt Reps and senators succeed?
Re: Senators and FCT/Finance Ministers by tumfulu1: 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2009
ultra bump
Re: Senators and FCT/Finance Ministers by em19em6: 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
Naija

(1) (Reply)

Foundation of a Good Economy: Communication, Transport, Electricity and water / Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? / Nigerian Youth Begin Countrywide Voter Mobilization Campaigns (Press Release)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.