Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,683 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! (3017 Views)

"James Ibori, Alamieyeseigha Are Victims Of Niger Delta Struggle" -gov Dickson / Niger Delta Struggle Beyond Ex-militants’ Allowance — NDDF / Stop Prodding The FG To Criminalize The Niger Delta Struggle-NDRC Blasts MEND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by jpphilips(m): 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
In Response to your Article titled "WE CAN ACHIEVE BIAFRA AS A UNITED FAMILY, DONALD EKPO TELLS SOUTH-SOUTH" published on the www.may30.org website on the 13th day of March 2016.

By Ebuka Obikwesili

Mr Donald Ekpo, I have no idea what you want to achieve with your article, however, I feel insulted telling us how Aguiyi Ironsi died when you carefully skipped the part of history where Aguiyi blatantly refused to bring the Jan 1966 coup plotters to justice despite having 6 months to do the needful, if my memory serves me right, a mutiny court Marshall takes less than 3 months at the time, a fact Obasanjo proved in 1976 after the mutiny against Gen Murtala Mohammed.
Again, it insults my intelligence that you skipped the fact that the next in command to Ironsi, BG Ogundipe refused the mantle of leadership, a decision he took out of his own will uncoerced. As a result of his inaction, there was a power vacuum that heralded the massive military mutiny that spread to the streets, leading to the biggest pogrom in the history of this country.
If you are not happy with south-south as a legitimate geopolitical zone in Nigeria, You can as well argue that Abuja should not be the capital of Nigeria.

It insults my intelligence again that you inferred that the Northerners took back their protectorate after the gruesome murder of Aguiyi Ironsi without telling us that Aguiyi Ironsi promulgated decree 34 that dissolved the regional government that hugely benefited the eastern region.Once dissolved, the subsequent state creations disadvantaged the Eastern region till date.
The first 12 states created by Gowon was in fulfillment of already existing decree 34.

You claimed Rivers state was created to spite the Eastern region yet the fact on ground speak differently, more states were created for the north than the east for your education, the following states were created for the Northern region;

1. North-Western State
2. North-Eastern state
3. Kano State
4. North-Central State
5. Benue-Plateau State

While the eastern region got thus;

1. Rivers State
2. South-Eastern State,
3. East-Central State

I get confused when people like you project the igbo interest as one with the Niger delta interest, when did it start and where is that false synergy leading us to? Has a Niger deltan ever cared for an Igbo man in history?

Ojukwu received his biggest blow in the battle of Port Harcourt when Isaac Adaka Boro a son of Niger delta led the Nigerian troops that decimated Ojukwu's forces, a battle that rendered my mother an orphan.
Isaac Adaka Boro is celebrated as the hero of the Niger delta by this act and his 12 days insurgency against the Nigerian state, evidenced by a huge effigy of his at port harcourt old Gra and Isaac Boro park to his commemoration, oh! I forgot he is the face of the new Niger delta currency.

Immediately after the war in 1970, the west and the north received Igbos with open arms by surrendering all our properties in their region, meanwhile, the Niger delta "our brothers" by infamy greeted us with "Abandoned property", a celebrated theft that deprived a lot of us landed properties in the Port Harcourt main town, how do you expect us to forget that so soon?
Be kind enough to tell me which historical barometer that created any synergy between igbos and the Niger delta?

You became highly economical with the truth when you said 85% of Nigeria's oil wells are owned by northerners while the leftovers were taken by the westerners,
As a matter of irrefutable fact, the Niger delta avengers commonly referred to as the NDA has bombed away 50% of Nigeria's oil production from 2.2mbopd to 1.2mbopd, can you categorically specify the 85% northern owners at the receiving end of NDA's carnage? while at it, let me clearly show you how much Igbos have lost to that Niger delta madness.

As Niger delta bombing intensifies, the more forex Nigeria will lose, that means no Forex for igbo traders who are majorly importers, I hope you understand how that action wreck our economy.

In March 2016, the NDA announced the decimation of the Forcados trunk line though Owned by Shell, below are the list of oil blocks producing into the Forcados line

OML 26 (owned by FHN Egbert Imomoh),OML 30 (owned by kola karim), OML34,53,54 (Owned by Ibru) OML40 (owned by Emeka Offor) OML42 (Owned by Ernest Azudialu),OML 18 (owned by Charles odita, financed by, Diamond bank (paschal Dozie), fidelity bank (Peter obi) , OMLs 4, 38 & 41, (owned by ABC Orjiakor) .

Can you clearly see from that list the Niger delta Avengers are systematically bombing away igbo interests in the Niger delta on one hand, on the other hand creating a decoy that the oil blocks belong to the north, if that was so, with 50% out of your acclaimed 85% gone, why are the Northerners not crying? are you saying the NDA have no idea where the Danjuma's, the Mai meribe's the Atiku's assets in the delta are?
This 80% claim was made on the avengers website with the names of the northerners, why are you targeting igbo assets, despite this act of wickedness, you still have the unbridled temerity to claim you are one with the Igbo man?
History is surely repeating itself?

To believe your people destroyed our oil and gas assets on the account of a confused Nnamdi Kanu 9A british citizen), an unknown soul who spent the better part of his life on exile in the UK, an Umuahia man whose ancestral home can hardly boast of Engine oil let alone crude oil?

Jonathan added Azikiwe to his name to fool ignorant igbos that he is one of them yet could not complete the second Niger bridge he promised in 2011 despite selling oil for $115 per barrel.
He failed to complete the east west road neither was he able to do a rail project that will link Onitsha with Apapa to save igbos huge logistics cost by virtue of importation.

You have no historical origin or connection with an Igbo man, it is best you don't fool yourself at this age. Every true igbo man is a descendant of Eri/Nri ancestry, I challenge any Ijaw, calabari, okrika, Ibibio & Efik to trace his ancestors to that genre of igbo heritage.
Niger delta provinces like Omoku, Bonny and Opobo till date does not sell their lands to igbos a magnanimity the west and the north are yet to deny us.

I am not aware since the history of Nigeria that any person charged with treasonable felony is liable to bail, perhaps while you feel fly rewriting the Nigerian history, you may not be so lucky with a constitution that is older than Nnamdi Kanu's misdemeanor.

We are not one with the Niger delta and will never be one, better don't disturb our peace with your rhetorics based on fabricated fallacies.

You wrote from the Usa while Kanu's family reside in the UK, do I blame you?
The last attempt at secession brought war to our fatherland and severed our position in the Nigerian union hitherto enjoyed at the beginning of this republic. I am not aware that the Nigerian civil war was fought in the secluded abode of exile enjoyed by you and Kanu.

Before you tell us what to do with our future, come home to lead the fight with your family. Igbos are not stupid!!

Jonathan is still calling the shots in pdp, his boy wike is a PDP strong man yet despite all the support igbos gave him, we are yet to be considered for presidency, the best he is considering is a vice, imagine the insult.
The same jonathan that our APGA could not enthrone a presidential candidate to ensure maximum support for him?
That is the true Niger deltan for you.

Speaking of which, during Obasanjo's era ND asked for a share of their oil wealth, Obj obliged them with 13% derivative, at high crude prices when Ebonyi and Anambra cannot boast of 6b naira in federal allocation, Niger delta states like Bayelsa and Akwaibom was raking in between 16b to 21b naira monthly.

When they got tired, they started militancy under Yaradua, no igbo was invited in the struggle, there came the Amnesty compensation and largess, thousands of their youths got scholarships to study oil and gas courses abroad some of which most igbos can only dream to have.
Their war lords were paid huge sums, yet they forgot igbos all this while.

Crude price is low, FG can no longer afford the huge Amnesty payments, they are using all social media to embroil igbos in their problem with FG.
Did we enjoy Amnesty with you? How about the lucrative pipeline contracts, was any igbo invited in the largess?

This new love and brotherhood is at best a distraction that sane Igbos must not take seriously.
We have had drought of presidency, how many ND statesmen are pushing it for us? How many Niger delta senators are pushing for igbo presidency in the senate?

Just like Ojukwu mocked them during the burial of Gen Affiong for their sabotage during the war, "Good morning ".
If they want more oil wealth, let them go fight the FG while we watch, if they succeed, they should enjoy alone.

These are the timelines of your history with igbos, make sure that neither oil nor Nnamdi kanu makes you to forget it again in your lifetime.

[i]*1967, Ojukwu was defeated in Port harcourt by the Nigerian led Niger delta isaac Adaka Boro, till date they celebrate him as their hero

*1970 after the war, Niger deltans seized your properties and termed it "ABANDONED" when we have lost almost everything in the civil war.

*In 2004, Obasanjo signed the onshore offshore dichotomy that bequeathed 13% oil revenues to Niger delta states, no South East state except Imo and Abia benefited, of course in a negligible sum.

*2009/2010 federal government Amnesty programme, can you list any igbo man that benefited?

*As an igbo boy supporting the ND Avengers, you are a mere pawn in their economic chess game, wise up and face your importation business, the more they bomb, the likelihood of the FG to increase tax at the ports that will surely hurt your business,

[/i]Wise up, define your interests, choose your battles very carefully, the Niger delta struggle is of no consequence to an Igbo man.

CC
lalasticlala, OAM4J, Mynd44

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by Vulu: 3:21pm On Jun 06, 2016
Even a pea-brained cow knows that write up was penned down by a yorubaman who is morbidly scared of the cemented unity in SE and SS. The Dunce threw an Igbo name as writer. yorubas have been left in the lurch like orphans. I dey laugh! grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by Ikechukwu183: 3:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
Brown roof republicans writing rubbish since 1914.

14 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by Ikechukwu183: 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
Vulu:
Even a pea-brained cow knows that write up was penned down by a yorubamsn who is morbidly scared of the cemented unity in SE and SS. The Dunce threw an Igbo name as writer. I dey laugh! grin
This people are like the devil that never rests. I read upto a point where he said Adaka Boro's forces decimated Ojukwu's own, and hence celebrated for that, meanwhile people celebrate him for ND struggle. In fact, this south.waste people never take their brains along with them.

14 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
Divide and Conquer tactics cheesy cheesy cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by macluvph1(m): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2016
We know there write ups whenever we see them.

They always start as if they are making sense then unleash their demonic meaning and deceits at the middle of the article and then close it with some rhetorics as if they care and are advising us.

Like i said go behind me o thee SW and leave us alone.

Honestly why is it that SW people love we S/S this much.

14 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by macluvph1(m): 4:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
OP, Please we need this article also about SW and Northern Nigeria.

Throw more light or concentrate more in Kwara state.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2016
its normal for some people to scream divide and rule.
yes it all started with crude oil, the minorities(especially ijaws) in the southsouth were shortchanged due to the exploitation of oil and gas resources in the Niger Delta areas which benefitted mainly from d Eastern region with capital in enugu.led by adaka boro they believed that the people of the area deserved a fairer share of proceeds of the oil wealth. He formed the Ijaw Volunteer Force , an armed militia with members consisting mainly of his fellow Ijaw ethnic group. They declared the Niger Delta Republic on February 23, 1966 and gallantly battled the aguiyi ironsi Federal forces for days but were finally routed Federal government. Boro was jailed for treason. However,Gowon granted him amnesty on the eve of the Nigerian civil war in May 1967.
he fought gallantly and helped in the chasing of Biafra forces out of the Niger Delta. even after the war,the minorities in the Niger Delta region declared IBO properties abandoned and they took control.
but as usual IBO will always bleat Yoruba because of the inherent hate gene in their blood.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by jpphilips(m): 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2016
Vulu:
Even a pea-brained cow knows that write up was penned down by a yorubaman who is morbidly scared of the cemented unity in SE and SS. The Dunce threw an Igbo name as writer. yorubas have been left in the lurch like orphans. I dey laugh! grin

People are becoming more conscious of their environment

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by jpphilips(m): 4:11pm On Jun 06, 2016
Ikechukwu183:

This people are like the devil that never rests. I read upto a point where he said Adaka Boro's forces decimated Ojukwu's own, and hence celebrated for that, meanwhile people celebrate him for ND struggle. In fact, this south.waste people never take their brains along with them.

How old are you?
Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2016
jpphilips:

How old are you?
you're wasting your time over that brainless boy whose parent are planning to disown.
Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by Vulu: 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2016
jpphilips:

People are becoming more conscious of their environment

I love it when you yorubas assume everyone is a foool except you. grin

11 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by 63xtr33r: 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2016
krazykoons:
yes it all started with crude oil, the minorities(especially ijaws) in the southsouth were shortchanged due to the exploitation of oil and gas resources in the Niger Delta areas which benefitted mainly from d Eastern region with capital in enugu.led by adaka boro they believed that the people of the area deserved a fairer share of proceeds of the oil wealth. He formed the Ijaw Volunteer Force , an armed militia with members consisting mainly of his fellow Ijaw ethnic group. They declared the Niger Delta Republic on February 23, 1966 and gallantly battled the aguiyi ironsi Federal forces for days but were finally routed Federal government. Boro was jailed for treason. However,Gowon granted him amnesty on the eve of the Nigerian civil war in May 1967.
he fought gallantly and helped in the chasing of Biafra forces out of the Niger Delta. even after the war,the minorities in the Niger Delta region declared IBO properties abandoned and they took control.
but as usual IBO will always bleat Yoruba because of the inherent hate gene in their blood.

Yoruba bigot, you didn't complete the story...

Didn't you remember how Adaka Boro ended his life after helping the Yoruba braggart, Benjamin Adekunle a.k.a the Black Scorpion, to kill Biafrans in the war?

Benjamin Adekunle eventually had to kill Isaac Adaka Boro just to claim his exploits for himself. Imagine backstabbing and killing someone who helped you in fighting to penetrate Biafra, just for your selfish end!

Trust the Yoruba man/woman at your peril.

Without doubts your Benjamin Adekunle is a coward like the rest ass-lickers. Adekunle's exploit was mainly in shooting defenceless Biafran civilians.

During that 1967-70 civil war, Benjamin Adekunle  mocked the pope, Red Cross, Caritas, world council of churches, UN etc, and boasted of his killing spree on the Igbo civilians.

And how did his life end on earth?

He died a miserable contractor, he was literary begging for contracts just to feed.
This is a man that ranked higher than IBB, Danjuma, Obasanjo in his hay days in the military. 

The Hausa-Fulanis used him to prosecute the unholy war on Igbos, and they dumped him after mission accomplished. He died a miserable contractor, he was literary begging for contracts just to feed. The black scorpion ate his own excrement, begging Igbos to pay his medical bill to ease his pains until he chose death in 2014.

The bloody general was stripped off his military title; he was discharged dishonourably without his benefits, till he died he never received a single pension from the Nigerian State. It was indeed a miserable life for the tribalist.

But before his death Adekunle apologised to the Biafrans for his atrocities. And he owned up by revealing the fact that Yorubas and their Northern co-travellers declared war on Biafr* because of crude oil in the Eastern region and not for unity of the country!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 06, 2016
63xtr33r:

Didn't you remember how Adaka Boro ended his life after helping the Yoruba braggart, Benjamin Adekunle a.k.a the Black Scorpion, to kill Biafrans in the war?

Benjamin Adekunle eventually had to kill Isaac Adaka Boro just to claim his exploits for himself. Imagine backstabbing and killing someone who helped you in fighting to penetrate Biafra, just for your selfish end!

Without doubts your Benjamin Adekunle is a coward like the rest ass-lickers. Adekunle's exploit was mainly in shooting defenceless Biafran civilians.

During that 1967-70 civil war, Benjamin Adekunle  mocked the pope, Red Cross, Caritas, world council of churches, UN etc, and boasted of his killing spree on the Igbo civilians.

He died a miserable contractor, he was literary begging for contracts just to feed.
This is a man that ranked higher than IBB, Danjuma, Obasanjo in his hay days in the military. 
The Hausa-Fulanis used him to prosecute the unholy war on Igbos, and they dumped him after mission accomplished. 

The bloody general was stripped off his military title; he was discharged dishonourably without his benefits, till he died he never received a single pension from the Nigerian State. 
The black scorpion ate his own excrement, begging Igbos to pay his medical bill to ease his pains until he chose death in 2014.

The Hausa-Fulanis used him to prosecute the unholy war on Igbos, and they dumped him after mission accomplished. He died a miserable contractor, he was literary begging for contracts just to feed.

The bloody general was stripped off his military title; he was discharged dishonourably without his benefits, till he died he never received a single pension from the Nigerian State. It was indeed a miserable life for the tribalist.

But before his death Adekunle apologised to the Biafrans for his atrocities. And he owned up by revealing the fact that Yorubas and their Northern co-travellers declared war on Biafr* because of crude oil in the Eastern region and not for unity of the country!
did i write history,why the venom,we are talking about the new found love between se/ss,what about the abandoned property issue.
only if these rants will resurrect the IBO's killed by adaka boro led army.
and who told you adekunle killed boro,he was ambushed by IBO soldiers because of the way he chased them out of Niger Delta with their tails tucked roughly in their asses.
don't have mental breakdown because of Yorubas o.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by jpphilips(m): 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2016
63xtr33r:

The Hausa-Fulanis used him to prosecute the unholy war on Igbos, and they dumped him after mission accomplished. He died a miserable contractor, he was literary begging for contracts just to feed. The black scorpion ate his own excrement, begging Igbos to pay his medical bill to ease his pains until he chose death in 2014.

How old are you?
Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by ElCount: 5:27pm On Jun 06, 2016
Is this writer for real? that the north and SW gave igbos their properties back and accepted them with open arms while the SS didn't

Nice try, your hullabaloo won't fly

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by attackgat: 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
There are so many errors in the OP's write up it such as:

If you are not happy with south-south as a legitimate geopolitical zone in Nigeria, You can as well argue that Abuja should not be the capital of Nigeria

South-South isn't a legitimate geopolitical zone and there is no Law in Nigeria recognising it as one. If anything, it is just geographical expression.

The OP also said that Ironsi used decree 34 to dissolve the regions? How could Ironsi dissolve the regions when all 4 regions were still in existence the day I he died? Did Ironsi come back from the dead to dissolve the regions?

The OP said that Ogundipe declined to take willingly when it is a known fact that the northern officers were not willingly to entertain the thought a non Notherner in power. Ogundipe was summarily retired, chased away to London where he was made Nigerian ambassador to pave way for a much junior Gowon to take over.

The OP said that Gowon created States based on Ironsi's decree 34. This pure ignorance at work. Decree 34 was completely removed at the Aburi convention and a system of confederation was agreed and signed. Gowon created states on his own volition and in direct contravention of the Aburi agreement.

The OP said that Ironsi did not court martial the January Coupist like Obasunjo did with coup plotters of Murtala. Both were not the same thing. The January Coupist did not conduct their coup against Ironsi unlike the one against Murtala. Another thing was that Ironsi was there for just 6 months. It took longer than that to court martial Diya and co

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by jollymizzle(m): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
For all those who have been screaming Yoruba this Yoruba that all I can say is you people are a disgrace.the author clearly stated his name and how his mother became orphaned.but that asiide I was hoping you would rather disprove what he wrote ,rather than do that and show the whole world the writer is wrong,you have confirmed all what the writer said.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2016
jpphilips:
In Response to your Article titled "WE CAN ACHIEVE BIAFRA AS A UNITED FAMILY, DONALD EKPO TELLS SOUTH-SOUTH" published on the www.may30.org website on the 13th day of March 2016.

By Ebuka Obikwesili

Mr Donald Ekpo, I have no idea what you want to achieve with your article, however, I feel insulted telling us how Aguiyi Ironsi died when you carefully skipped the part of history where Aguiyi blatantly refused to bring the Jan 1966 coup plotters to justice despite having 6 months to do the needful, if my memory serves me right, a mutiny court Marshall takes less than 3 months at the time, a fact Obasanjo proved in 1976 after the mutiny against Gen Murtala Mohammed.
Again, it insults my intelligence that you skipped the fact that the next in command to Ironsi, BG Ogundipe refused the mantle of leadership, a decision he took out of his own will uncoerced. As a result of his inaction, there was a power vacuum that heralded the massive military mutiny that spread to the streets, leading to the biggest pogrom in the history of this country.
If you are not happy with south-south as a legitimate geopolitical zone in Nigeria, You can as well argue that Abuja should not be the capital of Nigeria.

It insults my intelligence again that you inferred that the Northerners took back their protectorate after the gruesome murder of Aguiyi Ironsi without telling us that Aguiyi Ironsi promulgated decree 34 that dissolved the regional government that hugely benefited the eastern region.Once dissolved, the subsequent state creations disadvantaged the Eastern region till date.
The first 12 states created by Gowon was in fulfillment of already existing decree 34.

You claimed Rivers state was created to spite the Eastern region yet the fact on ground speak differently, more states were created for the north than the east for your education, the following states were created for the Northern region;

1. North-Western State
2. North-Eastern state
3. Kano State
4. North-Central State
5. Benue-Plateau State

While the eastern region got thus;

1. Rivers State
2. South-Eastern State,
3. East-Central State

I get confused when people like you project the igbo interest as one with the Niger delta interest, when did it start and where is that false synergy leading us to? Has a Niger deltan ever cared for an Igbo man in history?

Ojukwu received his biggest blow in the battle of Port Harcourt when Isaac Adaka Boro a son of Niger delta led the Nigerian troops that decimated Ojukwu's forces, a battle that rendered my mother an orphan.
Isaac Adaka Boro is celebrated as the hero of the Niger delta by this act and his 12 days insurgency against the Nigerian state, evidenced by a huge effigy of his at port harcourt old Gra and Isaac Boro park to his commemoration, oh! I forgot he is the face of the new Niger delta currency.

Immediately after the war in 1970, the west and the north received Igbos with open arms by surrendering all our properties in their region, meanwhile, the Niger delta "our brothers" by infamy greeted us with "Abandoned property", a celebrated theft that deprived a lot of us landed properties in the Port Harcourt main town, how do you expect us to forget that so soon?
Be kind enough to tell me which historical barometer that created any synergy between igbos and the Niger delta?

You became highly economical with the truth when you said 85% of Nigeria's oil wells are owned by northerners while the leftovers were taken by the westerners,
As a matter of irrefutable fact, the Niger delta avengers commonly referred to as the NDA has bombed away 50% of Nigeria's oil production from 2.2mbopd to 1.2mbopd, can you categorically specify the 85% northern owners at the receiving end of NDA's carnage? while at it, let me clearly show you how much Igbos have lost to that Niger delta madness.

As Niger delta bombing intensifies, the more forex Nigeria will lose, that means no Forex for igbo traders who are majorly importers, I hope you understand how that action wreck our economy.

In March 2016, the NDA announced the decimation of the Forcados trunk line though Owned by Shell, below are the list of oil blocks producing into the Forcados line

OML 26 (owned by FHN Egbert Imomoh),OML 30 (owned by kola karim), OML34,53,54 (Owned by Ibru) OML40 (owned by Emeka Offor) OML42 (Owned by Ernest Azudialu),OML 18 (owned by Charles odita, financed by, Diamond bank (paschal Dozie), fidelity bank (Peter obi) , OMLs 4, 38 & 41, (owned by ABC Orjiakor) .

Can you clearly see from that list the Niger delta Avengers are systematically bombing away igbo interests in the Niger delta on one hand, on the other hand creating a decoy that the oil blocks belong to the north, if that was so, with 50% out of your acclaimed 85% gone, why are the Northerners not crying? are you saying the NDA have no idea where the Danjuma's, the Mai meribe's the Atiku's assets in the delta are?
This 80% claim was made on the avengers website with the names of the northerners, why are you targeting igbo assets, despite this act of wickedness, you still have the unbridled temerity to claim you are one with the Igbo man?
History is surely repeating itself?

To believe your people destroyed our oil and gas assets on the account of a confused Nnamdi Kanu 9A british citizen), an unknown soul who spent the better part of his life on exile in the UK, an Umuahia man whose ancestral home can hardly boast of Engine oil let alone crude oil?

Jonathan added Azikiwe to his name to fool ignorant igbos that he is one of them yet could not complete the second Niger bridge he promised in 2011 despite selling oil for $115 per barrel.
He failed to complete the east west road neither was he able to do a rail project that will link Onitsha with Apapa to save igbos huge logistics cost by virtue of importation.

[s]You have no historical origin or connection with an Igbo man, it is best you don't fool yourself at this age. Every true igbo man is a descendant of Eri/Nri ancestry, I challenge any Ijaw, calabari, okrika, Ibibio & Efik to trace his ancestors to that genre of igbo heritage[/s].
Niger delta provinces like Omoku, Bonny and Opobo till date does not sell their lands to igbos a magnanimity the west and the north are yet to deny us.

I am not aware since the history of Nigeria that any person charged with treasonable felony is liable to bail, perhaps while you feel fly rewriting the Nigerian history, you may not be so lucky with a constitution that is older than Nnamdi Kanu's misdemeanor.

We are not one with the Niger delta and will never be one, better don't disturb our peace with your rhetorics based on fabricated fallacies.

You wrote from the Usa while Kanu's family reside in the UK, do I blame you?
The last attempt at secession brought war to our fatherland and severed our position in the Nigerian union hitherto enjoyed at the beginning of this republic. I am not aware that the Nigerian civil war was fought in the secluded abode of exile enjoyed by you and Kanu.

Before you tell us what to do with our future, come home to lead the fight with your family. Igbos are not stupid!!

Jonathan is still calling the shots in pdp, his boy wike is a PDP strong man yet despite all the support igbos gave him, we are yet to be considered for presidency, the best he is considering is a vice, imagine the insult.
The same jonathan that our APGA could not enthrone a presidential candidate to ensure maximum support for him?
That is the true Niger deltan for you.

Speaking of which, during Obasanjo's era ND asked for a share of their oil wealth, Obj obliged them with 13% derivative, at high crude prices when Ebonyi and Anambra cannot boast of 6b naira in federal allocation, Niger delta states like Bayelsa and Akwaibom was raking in between 16b to 21b naira monthly.

When they got tired, they started militancy under Yaradua, no igbo was invited in the struggle, there came the Amnesty compensation and largess, thousands of their youths got scholarships to study oil and gas courses abroad some of which most igbos can only dream to have.
Their war lords were paid huge sums, yet they forgot igbos all this while.

Crude price is low, FG can no longer afford the huge Amnesty payments, they are using all social media to embroil igbos in their problem with FG.
Did we enjoy Amnesty with you? How about the lucrative pipeline contracts, was any igbo invited in the largess?

This new love and brotherhood is at best a distraction that sane Igbos must not take seriously.
We have had drought of presidency, how many ND statesmen are pushing it for us? How many Niger delta senators are pushing for igbo presidency in the senate?

[s]Just like Ojukwu mocked them during the burial of Gen Affiong for their sabotage during the war, "Good morning ".[/s]
If they want more oil wealth, let them go fight the FG while we watch, if they succeed, they should enjoy alone.

These are the timelines of your history with igbos, make sure that neither oil nor Nnamdi kanu makes you to forget it again in your lifetime.

[i]*1967, Ojukwu was defeated in Port harcourt by the Nigerian led Niger delta isaac Adaka Boro, till date they celebrate him as their hero

*1970 after the war, Niger deltans seized your properties and termed it "ABANDONED" when you have lost almost everything in the civil war.

*In 2004, Obasanjo signed the onshore offshore dichotomy that bequeathed 13% oil revenues to Niger delta states, no South East state except Imo and Abia benefited, of course in a negligible sum.

*2009/2010 federal government Amnesty programme, can you list any igbo man that benefited?

*As an igbo boy supporting the ND Avengers, you are a mere pawn in their economic chess game, wise up and face your importation business, the more they bomb, the likelihood of the FG to increase tax at the ports that will surely hurt your business,

[/i]Wise up, define your interests, choose your battles very carefully, the Niger delta struggle is of no consequence to an Igbo man.

CC
Laclaticlala
OAM4J, Mynd44
Good article! But the problem is that it is coming from a divide and rule agent. Your blunders in the slashed sections were improperly researched. The first, a wrong premise and the second a faulty misrepresentation on the person of 'General Effiong'.
Now take note OP, all Igbos don't trace their origin to Nri. The fore-fathers of the Igbo nation migrated from different places and Nri is one among many. Also it wasn't during the burial of General Effiong (a revered Biafran figure) that Ojukwu mocked the Niger-Deltans. If you need answers and the exact plot, check for the name Ken Saro Wiwa.
However, I appraise you for the historical records you dished out. But be rest assured that Ndigbo has learnt how to fight its own battles alone. We know the antecedents of the ordinary Niger-Deltas towards us and are not taking to heart their soft rhetoric or new change of heart. The Niger-Deltans (Ijaw, Benin, Itshekiri etc) are fighting for themselves while we fight for ourselves. The battle for the emancipation of the Niger-Delta is for the Niger-Deltan themselves to actualize. Supporting them doesn't mean we expect to share in the post-struggle booty. No! We've never took part in the amnesty sharing then, and we won't take part now. We only ally with them because we believe the Igbo nation is in bondage under a dictatorial fulani controlled Nigeria. We want a country built in fairnes, justice and progress, of which Nigeria - an enchanted island - isn't willing to give us.

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by EasternActivist: 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2016
Ss and SE are one people...

What's wrong if people decides to let bygone be bygone...

SE stands with the SS joorh...

What is binding us together is by far greater than what is tearing us apart...

If you be Yoruba hater abeg go hang for lagoon.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:58pm On Jun 06, 2016
Master piece.

*1967, Ojukwu was defeated in Port harcourt by the Nigerian led Niger delta isaac Adaka Boro, till date they celebrate him as their hero

*1970 after the war, Niger deltans seized your properties and termed it "ABANDONED" when you have lost almost everything in the civil war.

Wise up, define your interests, choose your battles very carefully, the Niger delta struggle is of no consequence to an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by jpphilips(m): 6:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
krazykoons:

The biggest problem is that the average Igbo man does not know where his interest lie.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by jpphilips(m): 6:44pm On Jun 06, 2016
South-South isn't a legitimate geopolitical zone and there is no Law in Nigeria recognising it as one. If anything, it is just geographical expression.

Is this supposed to be an arguement? which law legitimized other geo political zones?

The OP also said that Ironsi used decree 34 to dissolve the regions? How could Ironsi dissolve the regions when all 4 regions were still in existence the day I he died? Did Ironsi come back from the dead to dissolve the regions?

Go and read decree 34 then come back and edit your post, I am allergic to ignorance.

The OP said that Ogundipe declined to take willingly when it is a known fact that the northern officers were not willingly to entertain the thought a non Notherner in power. Ogundipe was summarily retired, chased away to London where he was made Nigerian ambassador to pave way for a much junior Gowon to take over.

What was the date of Ogundipe's retirement and what date was the counter coup? look around you dude, this discourse is way beyond your pay grade

The OP said that Gowon created States based on Ironsi's decree 34. This pure ignorance at work. Decree 34 was completely removed at the Aburi convention and a system of confederation was agreed and signed. Gowon created states on his own volition and in direct contravention of the Aburi agreement.

What do you know about the Aburi conference and what date was decree 34? Toddler discussing history, abeg shift,

The OP said that Ironsi did not court martial the January Coupist like Obasunjo did with coup plotters of Murtala. Both were not the same thing. The January Coupist did not conduct their coup against Ironsi unlike the one against Murtala. Another thing was that Ironsi was there for just 6 months. It took longer than that to court martial Diya and co

You can smell a child from a distance, next!!!!
Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by Vulu: 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
yorubas have been scattered on this thread. They were caught like thieves! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by jpphilips(m): 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2016
[quote author=Chiwude post=46332112]
Good article! But the problem is that it is coming from a divide and rule agent. Your blunders in the slashed sections were improperly researched. The first, a wrong premise and the second a faulty misrepresentation on the person of 'General Effiong'.

Your opinion in this regards count for nothing, the writer made his points clear.

Now take note OP, all Igbos don't trace their origin to Nri. The fore-fathers of the Igbo nation migrated from different places and Nri is one among many. Also it wasn't during the burial of General Effiong (a revered Biafran figure) that Ojukwu mocked the Niger-Deltans. If you need answers and the exact plot, check for the name Ken Saro Wiwa.

I don't know how old you are but the burial ceremony of General Philip Effiong Biafran's Vice president was widely televised in 2003 (I understand the power situation though), it is like a teenager in the 80's doubting Chika Okpala's new Masquerade. Ojukwu was not mocking Affiong, he was mocking the Niger deltans generally by telling them "Good morning" in an afternoon, "meaning
"You guys just woke up to the reality of the Nigerian struggle despite all my attempts you guys sabotaged"

If you are close to any Igbo guy ask him which tribe in Nigeria is referred to as "Sabo" then you will understand where ojukwu was coming from.
The writer made a statement of fact. No igbo man above 40yrs will ever doubt what the writer wrote.

However, I appraise you for the historical records you dished out. But be rest assured that Ndigbo has learnt how to fight its own battles alone. We know the antecedents of the ordinary Niger-Deltas towards us and are not taking to heart their soft rhetoric or new change of heart. The Niger-Deltans (Ijaw, Benin, Itshekiri etc) are fighting for themselves while we fight for ourselves. The battle for the emancipation of the Niger-Delta is for the Niger-Deltan themselves to actualize. Supporting them doesn't mean we expect to share in the post-struggle booty. No! We've never took part in the amnesty sharing then, and we won't take part now. We only ally with them because we believe the Igbo nation is in bondage under a dictatorial fulani controlled Nigeria. We want a country built in fairnes, justice and progress, of which Nigeria - an enchanted island - isn't willing to give us.

ouch!! that sounds worse than slavery if you ask me, you are not interested in the post struggle booty? wow!! according to the writer, he said you are actually supporting them at the expense of all the Igbo assets in the Niger delta, is he right? did you google any of the oil blocks to confirm what he said?
If you agree, then you are willing to give up your commerce (Forex shortages) and all the Igbo oil blocks just to lick an Ijaw black @rse?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Tell me you are related to Mr Ibu, i will understand, clown!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by jpphilips(m): 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2016
EasternActivist:
Ss and SE are one people...

What's wrong if people decides to let bygone be bygone...

SE stands with the SS joorh...

What is binding us together is by far greater than what is tearing us apart...

If you be Yoruba hater abeg go hang for lagoon.

Tell that to Emeka Offor and ABC Orjiakor, according to the writer you are the biggest losers for not choosing your battles carefully.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by attackgat: 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2016
jpphilips:

Is this supposed to be an arguement? which law legitimized other geo political zones?

Go and read decree 34 then come back and edit your post, I am allergic to ignorance.

What was the date of Ogundipe's retirement and what date was the counter coup? look around you dude, this discourse is way beyond your pay grade

What do you know about the Aburi conference and what date was decree 34? Toddler discussing history, abeg shift,

You can smell a child from a distance, next!!!!

There are no regions in Nigeria, at least no legitimate ones anyway. The so called SS,SE,SW are just mere geographical expressions. The constitution does not recognise any region or geopolitical Zone, it only recognises tribes, 774 local Govts, 36 states and Abuja. Therefore, SS,SE etc are all illegitimate.

You are telling me to go and read decree 34? You are the one who said this decree dissolved the regions. The federal Government announced the dissolution of the 4 regions on the 27th of May 1967. Ironsi was killed in July 1966. So how could Ironsi dissolve the regions when they were still in existence almost a year after he died? Or don't you know the meaning of 'to dissolve'?

The Aburi agreement was in January 1967, decree 34 was in 1966. The Aburi agreement nullified decree 34 and made Nigeria of confederation of 4 regions (the same regions you are claiming Ironsi dissolved). It may also interest you to know that contained in the Aburi agreement was a proviso that Gowon would not alter or change the confederation of Nigeria agreed in Aburi unless all 4 regional Governors have him the permission to do so. So this talk about decree 34 being the reason Gowon created States is complete nonsense.

You are just throwing about insults because you have no superior argument to present.

One last thing, you said that Boro is a hero of the Niger-Delta people? How? Is he hero of Anioma? Is he a Hero of Ibibios? Outside Ijawland, who recognises Boro? Laughable

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by Ikechukwu183: 9:16pm On Jun 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Master piece.

*1967, Ojukwu was defeated in Port harcourt by the Nigerian led Niger delta isaac Adaka Boro, till date they celebrate him as their hero

Wise up, define your interests, choose your battles very carefully, the Niger delta struggle is of no consequence to an Igbo man.
DEBUNKING THIS NÖNSENSE FROM YO.ROBBER.
1) Adaka Boro was never a commander in PH Invasion. I dont know where you got that thrash from. Citing https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Port_Harcourt , his name was never mention. Moreover a yo.robber man(Adekunle a.k.a black scorpion) later murder him in cold blood after fighting for them.
2. "Niger Deltans" never declared any abdoned property. It was David Mark(the fmr. Sen. Pres.) that did. Look at the way Hausa fulani and their herdsmen are paying them in benue with death.
3. The 13 per cent deriavative was for the oil producing states so your argument holds no water.
4. No "SE" State got involved in militancy, therefore, there cannot be amnesty.
5. In the advent of increase in taxes from importation. Lol. Why do you think there is inflation? You charge huge taxes, you will get huge price increase. At the end of the day, it will be the consumers that will be at the receiving end.

Please go and sitdown ok. Divide and rule era has ended.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by QuotaSystem: 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
jpphilips:
ouch!! that sounds worse than slavery if you ask me, you are not interested in the post struggle booty? wow!! according to the writer, he said you are actually supporting them at the expense of all the Igbo assets in the Niger delta, is he right? did you google any of the oil blocks to confirm what he said?
If you agree, then you are willing to give up your commerce (Forex shortages) and all the Igbo oil blocks just to lick an Ijaw black @rse?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Tell me you are related to Mr Ibu, i will understand, clown!!

Modern day slavery indeed grin.

Emotions and sentiments have been known to severely weaken objective decision making.

It's why they are such political weaklings.
Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by jpphilips(m): 10:17am On Jun 07, 2016
[quote author=attackgat post=46335575]

There are no regions in Nigeria, at least no legitimate ones anyway. The so called SS,SE,SW are just mere geographical expressions. The constitution does not recognise any region or geopolitical Zone, it only recognises tribes, 774 local Govts, 36 states and Abuja. Therefore, SS,SE etc are all illegitimate.

Your point is??

You are telling me to go and read decree 34? You are the one who said this decree dissolved the regions. The federal Government announced the dissolution of the 4 regions on the 27th of May 1967. Ironsi was killed in July 1966. So how could Ironsi dissolve the regions when they were still in existence almost a year after he died? Or don't you know the meaning of 'to dissolve'?

Like I said, I am allergic to ignorance, when you read decree 34, we will discuss for now, you are being lazy.

The Aburi agreement was in January 1967, decree 34 was in 1966. The Aburi agreement nullified decree 34 and made Nigeria of confederation of 4 regions (the same regions you are claiming Ironsi dissolved). It may also interest you to know that contained in the Aburi agreement was a proviso that Gowon would not alter or change the confederation of Nigeria agreed in Aburi unless all 4 regional Governors have him the permission to do so. So this talk about decree 34 being the reason Gowon created States is complete nonsense.

Have you read the Original transcript of the Aburi conference released by Nkrumah the then President of Ghana to know the resolutions there in? like I told you, I am allergic to ignorance, when you upgrade, we will discuss, listen again, I tell you documents to read to help your research, thank me later!!
You cannot sit in your mother's kitchen and tell us that Decree 34 was abrogated in Aburi when you have not read the Aburi resolution, it is the height of shameless ignorance, it is one thing to be ignorant it is another to have the shame to keep it to yourself.

You are just throwing about insults because you have no superior argument to present.

Naa I can't waste my insults on you, I will allow your ignorance to disgrace you.

One last thing, you said that Boro is a hero of the Niger-Delta people? How? Is he hero of Anioma? Is he a Hero of Ibibios? Outside Ijawland, who recognises Boro? Laughable

Whose portrait is on the Niger delta currency? like I said, you need to upgrade.
Re: Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! by Scholes007(m): 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
@jpphilips I concur with you on certain aspects, from the outset of this NDA nonsense I never supported their stratagy. Though their demands are worth looking at, I believe anything Igbo shouldn't be included in it.

Like we all know south south as you call it is just a political entity and should be regarded as such.
jpphilips:

The biggest problem is that the average Igbo man does not know where his interest lie.
what do you mean by this? Do average Nigerian know where his interest lie?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fiscal Federalism: What It Really Means And Can It Work In Nigeria / Rontimi Amaechi Commends Ex-president Jonathan - ‘we Met Projects 80% Completed / Biafra Agitation Is Justified- Senator Abaribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.