Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad (57740 Views)

Edo Indigenes Who Were Killed In Accident On Return From Spain, Identified. PICS / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain / "My Sister From Abroad Survives Fatal Accident On Way To Benin" (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by jordinsparkles(f): 3:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
Well you maybe right but......not all of them behave like that. I have friends here in Nigeria who were born and brought up in Canada and when they all came to Nigeria, they behaved like normal Nigerians. In fact, the way they eat fufu ehnn you will begin to wonder.

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by abike12(f): 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
LOL! Not everyone does this but I was very weak when someone that graduated from Unilag just about 5 years ago and won visa lotto called me and I couldn't understand her accent. In general, once you stay in Nigeria up to 15 years that accent can never leave you. grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
wristbangle:

Excellent comment. If I may ask madam, what genre of music are u singing?
Thanks God Bless Soulful Hip hop I am Sola Soul [url]http://www.soundcloud.com/SolaSoul [/url]
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by refreshrate: 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
tosyne2much:
Nice write-up oga Wristbangle

But how come I don't do all these despite the fact that I have been to Ghana quite a few number of times ? In fact, I still roll with my guys whom I left in Nigeria and I also patronize our local restaurants to devour eba, amala and the likes.

Guys, click LIKE if you want God to take you abroad this year, other click SHARE if you want to forever remain in Nigeria and keep enjoying the terrorism of Boka Haram, Fulani herdsmen and NDA while they last

Tosin you no well I swear grin

How you dey and Awon iyawo nko?

God continue to bless your ministry
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2016
Double post mods so sorry
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by fairheven: 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
dammilotun:
I have looked through this post, all I can see is a dangerously low self esteemed. I am flustered at your expectation of people who have tasted the better life to come and adjust to a mediocre way of living and speaking to impress or make you comfortable. This is an emotional blackmail, most people don't hang out with old friends cos of the financial pressure and the way they reason most often than not. I really pray our country come to term with the reality of life enjoyed in the western world,until experienced your opinion of people's behaviours will remained laced with mediocre sentiments

that your "I better pass you" mentality is what the OP is hammering on.
that you have lived abroad and seen better live better life doesn't make you any way better than people down here.

are you suggesting every body should migrate out of nigeria to experience so called "Eldorado?".. since that is not possible, whatever mindset your talking about is your personal "change"

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by sonnie10: 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
For those that have never interacted with people in UK and especially US, you may never understand the accent thing until you experience it first hand. There are some words that they would never understand if said the way Nigerians say it. So Nigerians who live there gradually change their accent in order to communicate effectively, without even knowing it. By the time they return home, they are already accustomed to speaking that way. It is what it is. No one is trying to impress anybody. Switching back and forth takes some sort of ingenuity, pretense and understanding your listener. I would rather stick to the way I currently and normally speak than try changing overnight. If a change would come, it would come with time and some conscious effort. I won't force it to be like you.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by ako1tse: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
the basic truth is that travelling expose you to a lot of stuffs either you go to ghana or usa you will learn something. those who change accent are just fake people. as for me when i see my hommies i flow with them. if you are in rome do like romans as they say grin
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Freiburger(m): 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
wristbangle:

4. They condemn our local dish

When a friend of mine returned from Canada, he told me to take him to a restaurant because he went hungry and I was elated he still has passion for our local dish. I took him to one fascinating local restaurant at Ibadan. When they served us pounded yam/egusi soup complimented with all sorts of assorted bush meats. Instead of eating the meal, he walked out from the restaurant telling me he couldn't eat that shiiit . Honestly, I was embarrassed by his comment.

Abeggi. nobody wan chop fish way fly don turn to safe heaven.
OP, na everywhere you fit cop? Don't you know his body system needs get used to the enviornment first? maybe this guy is just a few days in the country and you expect him to eat anything he comes across.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by akinz4u(m): 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
I had a friend who went to UK with was great but what pained me most is that he had dis plan of going bt couldn't even tell me him paddy see guy I dey work on sumtin only for me to go to his house to check up on him and d mom told me Dat him son don go village and e go try wey him go cum back... On my way coming back a friend of mine who is also a friend to my oda paddy come Yan me of how dem don go Yankee and dem dey hide am like say I b enemy of progress.. Immediately I hear am I jus cut off ties with the guy because if a guy wey call u paddy fit do u dis kind thing that means there's no use of us being friends... #shikena
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by seangy4konji: 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
Even after using 2 weeks in okiti pupa self my accent change not to talk of say 5yearsin USA or Canada.

Nor be joke ooo weh Nigeria don nearly run me mad.

Nor be my fault oooo. Na baba God do am.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by olayinkajnr(m): 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
All the above listed sums up into one piece - PRIDE
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Charles4075(m): 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
vizkiz:

uncle has been there for 10years now. Na those ones suppose don forget about how naija food dey taste. Unlike one mumu that went to Dubai last year and came back forming British accent grin

Say "I don't take Heybah (eba) anymore" grin grin grin

Rotflmao. Oga Vizkiz, nor kill person with laugh ohh..

''Heybah''(Eba).. That your guy na okpe-tu.

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by infofta(m): 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
Anyone who traveled abroad and returned must complain of bad driving, bad road, no electricity and the heat (temperature). Even if he stayed for I year.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 07, 2016
wristbangle:
Excellent view ronald4lif. I feel when it comes to companionship with old friends, one should not neglect them totally. Even though they keep bothering you unnecessary for money and all that, just be blunt to them about how tough things are and the best you can do is take them out to a joint and spend what you can afford.
HONEY HON, MISS ME? I DIDNT KNOW YOU CAME BACK cheesy
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Pizza 2500 shocked shocked shocked
How much be person salary for Nigeria shocked shocked shocked
wristbangle:

Hahaha. Wo bros, e ma woo be! But come oo 8 euro cheap. Chai domino pizza dey cheat us here 4 lag. N2500. That's 10 euro cry
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
grin grin
Okiti pupa grin
seangy4konji:
Even after using 2 weeks in okiti pupa self my accent change not to talk of say 5yearsin USA or Canada.

Nor be joke ooo weh Nigeria don nearly run me mad.

Nor be my fault oooo. Na baba God do am.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by matrixx9(m): 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
Walking around with stockings and bottled water

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by wristbangle: 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
Vickyydera:
HONEY HON, MISS ME? I DIDNT KNOW YOU CAME BACK cheesy

LOL. Yeah am back since. How u doing dear?
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by wristbangle: 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
fairheven:

that your "I better pass you" mentality is what the OP is hammering on.
that you have lived abroad and seen better live better life doesn't make you any way better than people down here.

are you suggesting every body should migrate out of nigeria to experience so called "Eldorado?".. since that is not possible, whatever mindset your talking about is your personal "change"

God bless you for this inspirational comment.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Joygalore(f): 4:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
Arrant nonsense undecided

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by donodion(m): 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
tosyne2much:
Nice write-up oga Wristbangle

But how come I don't do all these despite the fact that I have been to Ghana quite a few number of times ? In fact, I still roll with my guys whom I left in Nigeria and I also patronize our local restaurants to devour eba, amala and the likes.

Guys, click LIKE if you want God to take you abroad this year, other click SHARE if you want to forever remain in Nigeria and keep enjoying the terrorism of Boka Haram, Fulani herdsmen and NDA while they last

undecided undecided undecided Tosin
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by wristbangle: 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
solasoulmusic:
Thanks God Bless Soulful Hip hop I am Sola Soul [url]http://www.soundcloud.com/SolaSoul [/url]

Listen to them. It's a stepping stone to a greater height. Good one and I believe there Is much more to improve on. U are a solo/pop artiste

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by brownlolly(m): 4:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
Stupid thread that reeks of inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by wristbangle: 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2016
Joygalore:
Arrant nonsense undecided

Well madam, seems you reside in USA/Sweden, that's nice but some Nigerians returning from abroad do portray this act.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by brownlolly(m): 4:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
solasoulmusic:

Very easy for me to identify you anywhere.

Good to have you here

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by wristbangle: 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
jordinsparkles:
Well you maybe right but......not all of them behave like that. I have friends here in Nigeria who were born and brought up in Canada and when they all came to Nigeria, they behaved like normal Nigerians. In fact, the way they eat fufu ehnn you will begin to wonder.

Lol those ones are confirmed "Omo onile"
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by wristbangle: 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
abike12:
LOL! Not everyone does this but I was very weak when someone that graduated from Unilag just about 5 years ago and won visa lotto called me and I couldn't understand her accent. In general, once you stay in Nigeria up to 15 years that accent can never leave you. grin

Lol lobatan! Their type common wella

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by j1mmy: 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
you are just jealous,
whey won't then treat you people like sh.1.t when you all behave like uncivilized monkeys
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by seangy4konji: 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
Na so brother.
seunny4lif:
grin grin
Okiti pupa grin
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Charles4075(m): 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
wristbangle:

Well madam, seems you reside in USA/Sweden, that's nice but some Nigerians returning from abroad do portray this act.
Who dash her USA/Sweden.. If you don't like the thread or feel the thread is biased, kindly express your opinions politely same way that ronald4lif guy did. That dude is matured mehn, not someone with fat lips saying ''Arrant Nonsense coming from an Arrant Idiot''. Mtcheeeewww
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by banmee(m): 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol then one need not to blow his trumpet when returning from abroad. Make him just enter the country jejely.

Lalasticlala, how far sir? Help this ministry to grace the appropriate dept. cool

That's what I do. No one knows when I am coming, no one knows when I'm leaving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3,000-year-old ‘lost Golden City’ Of Ancient Egypt Discovered (photos) / Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic / Cameroonian Man Excited As He Relocates From Poland To Nigeria For Better Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.