Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad (57697 Views)

Edo Indigenes Who Were Killed In Accident On Return From Spain, Identified. PICS / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain / "My Sister From Abroad Survives Fatal Accident On Way To Benin" (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
seangy4konji:
Hehehe. Nice one. Been there twice before.
wink cheesy
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by smellingmenses: 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
I saw your text...but you should be proud of your work bro...

EgunMogaji:

Nope, it won't work.

I don't do explosives neither do I do north wink

Come up with better materials. You know I always do.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
smellingmenses:
I saw your text...but you should be proud of your work bro...

grin

In your wildest dream will you ever get a text from someone like me.

Level pass level now.

So are you going to post the text so you can truly shame me or you're just going to sit there and sulk?

PS: We're not bros, I don't have asshats in my family grin
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by wildikeman(m): 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
Mediapace:
9. Yikes! They dislike our Red Oil! : Returnees believe we cook most of our meals with red oil (Palm oil). I met Cheng in China Town, Ojota and he expressed how he felt about eating food made with red oil. He said, “even though it was dreadful for me the first time I ate Egusi soup made with palm oil, I will never forget the delicious taste and aroma; now I eat Naija soups like a Nigerian”. If you haven’t tasted soups or moi moi made with palm oil, cooked beans made with palm oil, you are seriously missing. These meals are utterly delicious but it's a pity our returnees don't take it!........ So if dem dey fetch water dem be gods abi... Mtcheww...

10.They can't do any house chores again :
Even Oyinbo dey fetch water sef,NO EXCUSE BRO
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3688536_oyinbo001_jpeg168cd61d1831546625d328dab0e9d2e7
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by smellingmenses: 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
do not be afraid ....be confident...it is jihad...y not display your pix with shekau 4 all 2 cee

EgunMogaji:

grin

In your wildest dream will you ever get a text from someone like me.

Level pass level now.

So are you going to post the text so you can truly shame me or you're just going to sit there and sulk?

PS: We're not bros, I don't have asshats in my family grin
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Mailerchidex: 8:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
Those behaviours simply results from inferiority complex and low self esteem.
ritababe:

we talking about London not Ghana and also na you go they form big boy for there
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2016
smellingmenses:
do not be afraid ....be confident...it is jihad

Not going into religion with you wink

You're on your own.

Good luck on your ploy.

Adios puta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLYC7ltxOrk

#WeakAndLame wink
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by londoner: 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
op to be honest returnees tend to love the food but as another poster stated are alarmed by the the lack of hygiene in some places. They have booked time off, saved and spent money coming to Nigeria and don't want to fall sick. Nigerians abroad cook the same food as they have in Nigeria and eat at Nigerian restaurants abroad too.

In terms of avoiding friends it is because they look at you as an open atm. They do not understand or believe that you are not wealthy if you come to Nigeria. It is really disappointing not to be related to as a friend or family member or a guest. We live in the West and see normal interactions between visiting friends and family which is about catching up, reminiscing and building old bonds again and not seeking to use someone or worse dupe them. Many people in Nigeria actually have more disposable income than those visiting and those visiting know the expenses and bills waiting for them at home in the UK or USA.

Nigerians need to learn how to stop trying to hustle everyone including old friends and family it's distasteful and makes those visiting want to have minimal interaction with them.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by omonnakoda: 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
wristbangle:
Some Nigerians, when they return from abroad often display some nasty and childish habits when they return home, and these silly and childish attitudes are enlisted below;

1. Unnecessary use of foreign accent to intimidate local people
You have no problem with it if it is NECESSARY?
2. High level of Pride

You prefer a low level of pride?
3. Unnecessary show off
Show should be restricted to necessary occasions
4. They condemn our local dish

You have interesting friends from around the world
5. They demand for undue Respect

This seems like a very sore subject for you in particular so you emphasize it greatly

6. Hotel becomes their home
Many prefer hotels because it gives privacy to acts they wish not to advertise
7. They neglect their old friends

How does one act to people who come to beg for money

8. They condemn our culture and values

I know many who prostrate and also many who have never left Nigeria who won't and also cannot speak their own language

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by IGWISE(m): 9:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
I dnt av their tym
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
wristbangle:
Some Nigerians, when they return from abroad often display some nasty and childish habits when they return home, and these silly and childish attitudes are enlisted below;

When some Nigerians living abroad return home, they begin to use these foreign accents to create unwanted scenes. They do this to show people that they are not of the same class. A times when you tell them, you can't understand their statement, they will say "Are u deaf"? The ones that annoy me most are those based in cotonou, Ghana, Uganda, china forming British accent. Honestly these ones need serious psychiatric evaluation.

When a friend of mine returned from Canada, he told me to take him to a restaurant because he went hungry and I was elated he still has passion for our local dish. I took him to one fascinating local restaurant at Ibadan. When they served us pounded yam/egusi soup complimented with all sorts of assorted bush meats. Instead of eating the meal, he walked out from the restaurant telling me he couldn't eat that shiiit . Honestly, I was embarrassed by his comment.

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

@Topic

Mama put my first point of call after airport hustle grin
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
vizkiz:
lol, when my uncle came back the first thing he did was finish the whole plate of pounded yam in front of him... So remove the part where you mentioned "they condemn local dishes" na that one them miss pass cheesy

Walahi
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2016
bebe2:

Oh my God,

Am in nigeria as we speak. Eva water is a fraud.

My kids , husband have all been purging after I have been so careful.

Then I started to check the bottles we drank a few days before all the sickness started and realised they were all refill.

The bottles were scratched, battered and dirty.

Too many fakes in naija

Tell me about it. I suffered same last time I visited.

@Topic

Bebe's post reminded me of the issue I have each time I visit. Many years ago before I left the country, sachet water was my favourite water drink. Now I cannot even look at it without suffering from severe Diarrhoea. Even some bottle water lands me in the loo... Eva water for example, upsets my stomach.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Lenny5k: 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
wristbangle:

A huge number of Nigerians abroad doesnt live in English speaking Countries so not True about this accent thing

2. High level of Pride

Again not true..I mean what is there to be Proud of? The Truth is more than 60% percent of Nigerians wished they live back home and more would move back home if basic amenities are in place, so this again is not true

3. Unnecessary show off

Children-Teenagers might show off but majority of Adult doesnt see anything to show off about

Now this very one shows you just Generalize for nothing...Do you know how Expensive Nigerian Food are abroad? Yet many Nigerians still buy them.. Some Travel for Miles just to go buy Nigerian food even as they teach the Westerners how to eat our food... Nigerian Restuarants in Major Cities abroad so this here is just not TRUE. We love and eat our Food very much! In Amsterdam here we Have African Kitchen, Obalade Suya. In Belgium a Taste of Africa, Ngozi Bar ..etc

Inferiority Complex I call this. Respect begets Respect... Nobody demands Respect without willing to Respect others

Not everybody stay in a Hotel... Those that can afford it stay there especially during their first time home, after that many stay in their family home or their own home if there is enough space... Again the Family Home may not be Conducive..ie so many people in the House..

Hmmm!! Another LIE! If not our old friends, then who? Are we also bringing Friends with us back from Abroad back home? Or we stand on the street looking for new Friends?... My old friend is family to me now

Not True! In fact many Parents ship their Kids back home to Learn our Cultures, Respect and Tradition. I know many people that removed their Kids from school and brought them to Naija to school and they can later return back after graduation

Your post is just a sad Stereotype of Nigerians Living Abroad! I pride myself to be a Nigerian that has been to many Countries abroad and see how our people Live. I live abroad and visit home as much as I can and I can tell you that the very few Incident you mentioned is not a true picture of how we Nigerians in the Diaspora are. It is just not true... I am surprised people still think like this. On many Facebook Forums people home hold their own against us abroad and many even say they are better than those abroad.. Nobody feels inferior or says any of these things as most sees themselves as equals. So ur pist is just not true

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
The first thing I'm doing when I visit home next year is to go some buka and eat Amala shitta, or most preferably the yam wey dem pound with pestle. OP, some things are actually unavoidable in what you posted. If you have been in a foreign country for a VERY long time, your accent tends to change sub-consciously, you might not even notice it yourself until you talk to people at home - though some people go overboard and they tend to sound stupid at the end. I am sure I do not sound how I used to when in Nigeria, I figured the other day I called GTBank regarding my account.

Regarding the socks and jacket - it is summer here in Canada, I still wear socks in my Nike "slippers". I am just used to it, even when I was in Nigeria I wore socks in flip-flops, a lot. I'm most definitely not wearing a jacket when I go to Nigeria. It's been 20+ degrees here lately, and it makes me so hot uncomfortably that I sometimes do not wear anything asides from shorts. I can't imagine myself wearing a jacket in 30+ degrees Naija weather.

As for other things, I am sure staying at my parents place, I would be buying fuel throughout my stay, I can't imagine how life would be for me without constant electricity for the 1 month I am going to stay, heat and boredom will finish me. And I would make sure I hang out (even if not for long) with almost all my old friends. Nothing would make me condemn Naija culture and food. Home is where the heart is!
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by whitestar01(m): 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
Na so my friend wey from Italy dey wear shoe sleep, all na for show

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by heavykenny(m): 10:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
bro. everything u stated is exactly what kemi olounloyo is doing on Twitter. she was deported back to Nigeria nd now the pride is just too much.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Freiburger(m): 10:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
whitestar01:
Na so my friend wey from Italy dey wear shoe sleep, all na for show
Liar undecided
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by wristbangle: 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
heavykenny:
bro. everything u stated is exactly what kemi olounloyo is doing on Twitter. she was reported back to Nigeria nd now the pride is just too much.

Have heard series of disturbing reports about this lady. Na waoo
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by toonzay(m): 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
Mediapace:
9. Yikes! They dislike our Red Oil! : Returnees believe we cook most of our meals with red oil (Palm oil). I met Cheng in China Town, Ojota and he expressed how he felt about eating food made with red oil. He said, “even though it was dreadful for me the first time I ate Egusi soup made with palm oil, I will never forget the delicious taste and aroma; now I eat Naija soups like a Nigerian”. If you haven’t tasted soups or moi moi made with palm oil, cooked beans made with palm oil, you are seriously missing. These meals are utterly delicious but it's a pity our returnees don't take it!

10.They can't do any house chores again :
Even Oyinbo dey fetch water sef,NO EXCUSE BRO
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3688536_oyinbo001_jpeg168cd61d1831546625d328dab0e9d2e7
wey b say na dead people most of them dey wash for there
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
vizkiz:
lol, when my uncle came back the first thing he did was finish the whole plate of pounded yam in front of him... So remove the part where you mentioned "they condemn local dishes" na that one them miss pass cheesy

True bro! I really can't wait for next year to come fast cry
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
I encourage anybody to act as they please, abeg,you can never please everyone. One person saw me using chewing stick and asked me if its even true I traveled abroad, cause I act like a bush man , the other asked how do I communicate with oyibo, cause all I hear you speak is broken English, it's almost like they are expecting you to intimidate them . And I think as opposed to feeling pride as a returnee, Nigerians have this inferiority completes around those who have been abroad. Which is digusting in my opinion.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 07, 2016
ronald4lif:

Bros, it's not about going to joints or say parting away with few thousands, no that amounts to nothing. Some of these friends don't even need those few thousands or drinks etc. They want and expect you to assist in stabilising them up with a business, which could run into a hundreds of thousands or million(s). That's the problem.

And even if you've got a few millions as a hustler you have other priorities than shortchanging yourself of such amount of money. Maybe you're saving to construct your own house even if it's a 3bed bungalow or planning to get married and need to prepare yourself with the challenges that comes with the union. No one will distance themselves from an old friend just coz of drinks or little stuff like that, it's more deeper than those stuff.

LOL that is actually true. I received a facebook message from an old friend a couple of months back, guess what he told me? That he wants to start going to Dubai to import stuffs, like Nigga if I had that kind of money I would have opened a shoe store in Nigeria too. Someone also asked me to pay his 150, 000 naira school fees. Like y'all need to relax, I'm not even that rich yet. I work 10-12 hours a day to make sure I get to save after paying bills and send money home towards the completion of my house. grin grin
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
blueseacats:
I encourage anybody to act as they please, abeg,you can never please everyone. One person saw me using chewing stick and asked me if its even true I traveled abroad, cause I act like a bush man , the other asked how do I communicate with oyibo, cause all I hear you speak is broken English, it's almost like they are expecting you to intimidate them . And I think as opposed to feeling pride as a returnee, Nigerians have this inferiority completes around those who have been abroad. Which is digusting in my opinion.

True brother. The chewing stick part is actually funny! I interact with my Nigerian friends here through Nigerian pidgin. It is only Yoruba I rarely speak, I only speak it sometimes when my mum and dad call. grin grin
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
brownlolly:

Very easy for me to identify you anywhere.

Good to have you here

Thank you I have been on Nairaland before as Ddizzle ....years ago I love it here and glad to be among many amazing Nigerians

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
wristbangle:

Listen to them. It's a stepping stone to a greater height. Good one and I believe there Is much more to improve on. U are a solo/pop artiste

Thank you
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by ronald4lif(m): 11:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
Amefrica:

LOL that is actually true. I received a facebook message from an old friend a couple of months back, guess what he told me? That he want to start going to Dubai to import stuffs, like Nigga if I had that kind of money I would have opened a shoe store in Nigeria too. Someone also asked me to pay his 150, 000 naira school fees. Like y'all need to relax, I'm not even that rich yet. I work 10-12 hours a day to make sure I get to save after paying bills and send money home towards the completion of my house. grin grin

Haha, like you don't know the way to Dubai and not interested in importation. It's really funny how some peeps thinks that once you're living abroad you should be wealthy and can do away with hundreds of thousands without blinking an eye.

I thought this mentality should have wane off by now that the world has been citified with most families having one or more relatives abroad, be it close or distant relatives. How much do these their diasporan siblings gives them that they should expect so much from friends?

The stress one goes through daily, sometimes having to wake up at the wee hours of dawn when the temperatures is biting isn't something to just part away with money like that. The bills are too much, only rents for one year can put up a 3bed bungalow. Sometimes you work and struggle just to offset these household bills. These friends hardly understands and whatever explanation you give seem to fall on deaf ears hence its best to maintain a distance from them.

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Burgerlomo: 12:02am On Jun 08, 2016
wristbangle:

When some Nigerians living abroad return home, they begin to use these foreign accents to create unwanted scenes. They do this to show people that they are not of the same class. A times when you tell them, you can't understand their statement, they will say "Are u deaf"? The ones that annoy me most are those based in cotonou, Ghana, Uganda, china forming British accent. Honestly these ones need serious psychiatric evaluation.

2. High level of Pride

Living abroad is not a guarantee that one will be richer than Dangote or Mike Adenuga so why the overbloated ego? Some will even make it look like they're doing you a favour talking to you. This is common with the ladies.

3. Unnecessary show off

I know of some Nigerians who have lived their whole life abroad and are still able to be casual. But for some, they will wear socks and jacket under the intense sun and will be screaming to people's hearing that they regret coming to Nigeria.

When a friend of mine returned from Canada, he told me to take him to a restaurant because he went hungry and I was elated he still has passion for our local dish. I took him to one fascinating local restaurant at Ibadan. When they served us pounded yam/egusi soup complimented with all sorts of assorted bush meats. Instead of eating the meal, he walked out from the restaurant telling me he couldn't eat that shiiit . Honestly, I was embarrassed by his comment.

Some of them are so proud that they will give you this proud look because they feel you want to beg pounds or dollars from them. I really don't blame them, after all it is what they experience often when they visit home as friends, family and even enemies want to benefit from their pocket.

I know most of them prefer lodging in a hotel because they are scared of mosquito bite, non availability of light and other negative factors in their parents' house. Though I wouldn't call this a silly act but I feel staying in your parents' house especially when located in the village will attract more parental blessing.

This is common to some abroad based Nigerians. They tend to ignore the friends they left in Nigeria because they feel they have climbed the ladder of greatness. Last year, a very good friend of mine arrived from the UK and what surprised me most was that he refused to come to my house after a week of arrival. I used my church mind to go to his place and he started acting like I came to beg for money. This silly attitude of common with some of them.

It's a pity that some Nigerians are so engrossed with the westerner culture that they view African culture as being fetish and archaic when they returned home. For them to prostrate for elders and even their parents is like displaying stupidity act. This is nothing but outright nonsense.

Noted
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 08, 2016
ronald4lif:

Haha, like you don't know the way to Dubai and not interested in importation. It's really funny how some peeps thinks that once you're living abroad you should be wealthy and can do away with hundreds of thousands without blinking an eye.

I thought this mentality should have wane off by now that the world has been citified with most families having one or more relatives abroad, be it close or distant relatives. How much do these their diasporan siblings gives them that they should expect so much from friends?

The stress one goes through daily, sometimes having to wake up at the wee hours of dawn when the temperatures is biting isn't something to just part away with money like that. The bills are too much, only rents for one year can put up a 3bed bungalow. Sometimes you work and struggle just to offset these household bills. These friends hardly understands and whatever explanation you give seem to fall on deaf ears hence its best to maintain a distance from them.

Tell me about it bro. I am at work as I type this now, I have been here for the past 6 hours and I have 4 more hours to go. I leave home when it is still kinda dark and get home when it is dark sometimes, you are now asking me to set you up with shoe business from Dubai. If I was able to I would be self-employed too bruh. Dubai ko, Mumbai ni grin

They never want to understand. I bought a car and they saw it on Facebook, they started saying "Kunle is very stingy, if you see his car eh, and he just forgot all of us - can't even send money to someone" Like, car is nothing here, they are super-cheap, and it is kind of a necessity. Walking to and fro from work after missing buses in the cold is no joke. I just pray and keep praying they understand. I might have to distance myself from this kinda friends when I go home next year. They might even arrange thieves to come to where you are staying sef grin
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by NobleG1(m): 12:14am On Jun 08, 2016
Youngetskilz23:

I bought a clean second-hand engine and new AC compressor & clutch fits from Germany.

A friend of mine who based there was visiting home the same period I was home, so I begged him to buy those for me and load them in his bus he was shipping home. That made it cheap for me.

The other minor parts were bought at auto market in Aba.

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Mitchellucky: 12:22am On Jun 08, 2016
You're 100 % percent Right it's just the simple truth it's happened to me before. Who British/American accent epp. sad

While you've got some of your points aptly articulated some aren't exactly true. The thing is people always reads meaning to whatever thing an abroad returnee does or say. Everything you do and say is misconstrue by many as a display of flatulence and gasconade.

About the issue of restaurant, the food maybe delicious and yummy but the environment was untidy or the seller wasn't neat or the dishes on which the food were served. Some people take into cognisance the overall hygiene and neatness of an eatery before patronising one. When a bourgeoise of Nigeria refuses to patronise such eateries we find it normal but once it's someone resident abroad we perceive it as pomposity. It's not always so.

On the accent thing, I think Nigerians who have never been to the West are the ones who brandishes accent about more than abroad returnees. On personal observation, most ladies I interact with or accost at a public place all want to sound British/American in a bid to appear túsh. For their friends they are being impressive but for someone who can differentiate British accent from the fake ones they appear silly. True some from abroad also wants everyone who cares to know that they have got some British/American accent but residents of Nigeria are more culpable in such act.

Unless you've a place where you live and personally built, hotels are the most convenient for someone coming to spend few weeks. You want your privacy and don't want to live in your family abode coz you've got your own paroles to run. Nothing wrong with that.

One very sad thing most people abroad faces is the difficulty in putting up with old friends. This is so coz most of the time all they want from you is money and if you've got non to spare you tend to avoid them. And when you distance yourself from these old friends they think you're being proud coz life is treating you fine. No, you just think it's better to maintain a distance since you both can't gist and laugh over funny stuff like before without anyone being expectant or thinking you're obliged to help them.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Tour Of New Afrika Shrine To See Fela Kuti's Bedroom And Belongings (video) / Cameroonian Man Excited As He Relocates From Poland To Nigeria For Better Life / 3,000-year-old ‘lost Golden City’ Of Ancient Egypt Discovered (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.