Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 (70747 Views)

Quiz: Where Is Allah? / Quiz: How Much Did The Prophet Of Allah Buy Safiyya, His Jewish POW? / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Drniyi4u(m): 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
daprince098:
How is this suppise to be 87points?
Mods pls carefully check my answers on day8 questions as the answers u posted correspond to mine.

Allahu A'alam

check your answer against hers

daprince098:

Ans: This dua should be said when travelling particularly when travelling in a ship

Sissie:

c) The supplication is recited when an individual is about to mount his ride (could be a vehicle, a bicycle or an animal).
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
Drniyi4u:

check your answer against hers

Even dejt4u who scored the 100points mentioned travelling by sea, road and air which I only mentioned travelling by ship. -17points For mentioning only ship.

Wel, jazaakum lahu khearan. I have accepted the score and no more grudges.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
daprince098:
Even dejt4u who scored the 100points mentioned travelling by sea, road and air which I only mentioned travelling by ship. -17points For mentioning only ship.

Even if we check where it's mentioned in the Quran, it was being referred to when the Noah's ship was about to be boarded.. to now exclude ship here now is unfair and not accepted!
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
baba11:

Even if we check where it's mentioned in the Quran, it was being referred to when the Noah's ship was about to be boarded.. to now exclude ship here now is unfair and not accepted!
That was what I thought also, judging by the quran. They should atleast consider those that used ship as an example. The main point is focused on travelling which I mentioned.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Ridwan1821: 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
daprince098:
You are mostly welcome but remember 700points gone so far. You need to buckle up your shoe and tightened your belt not to miss any point till the very last quiz. Mind you, you are also competing with me grin grin grin grin grin
Wizeboy:

Yes, you may still be able to catch up with the rest participants.
baba11:

You're free to join anything.. the onus is that all the marks we've amassed for the last six days will be a minus for you..if you intend to be one of the contenders for the 'trophy',you'll need to up your contending abilities and hope that we should be lax and rest on our oars cheesy cool
Okay Sirs. I will try my best.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
(And when you have embarked on the ship, you and whoever is with you, then say: `All the praise be to Allah, Who has saved us from the people who are wrongdoers.') This is like the Ayah:

﴿وَالَّذِى خَلَقَ الأَزْوَجَ كُلَّهَا وَجَعَلَ لَكُمْ مِّنَ الْفُلْكِ وَالاٌّنْعَـمِ مَا تَرْكَبُونَ - لِتَسْتَوُواْ عَلَى ظُهُورِهِ ثُمَّ تَذْكُرُواْ نِعْمَةَ رَبِّكُمْ إِذَا اسْتَوَيْتُمْ عَلَيْهِ وَتَقُولُواْ سُبْحَـنَ الَّذِى سَخَّرَ لَنَا هَـذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لَهُ مُقْرِنِينَ - وَإِنَّآ إِلَى رَبِّنَا لَمُنقَلِبُونَ ﴾

(and has appointed for you ships and cattle on which you ride: In order that you may mount on their backs, and then may remember the favor of your Lord when you mount thereon, and say: "Glory to Him Who has subjected this to us, and we could never have it (by our efforts). And verily, to Our Lord we indeed are to return!'') ﴿43:12-14﴾ So, certainly, Nuh adhered to what he was commanded, as Allah says elsewhere:

﴿وَقَالَ ارْكَبُواْ فِيهَا بِسْمِ اللَّهِ مَجْرَاهَا وَمُرْسَاهَا﴾

(And he said: "Embark therein: in the Name of Allah will be its (moving) course and its (resting) anchorage...'')﴿11:41﴾ So Nuh mentioned Allah at the beginning of his journey and at the end, and Allah said:

﴿وَقُل رَّبِّ أَنزِلْنِى مُنزَلاً مُّبَارَكاً وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ الْمُنزِلِينَ ﴾

(And say: `My Lord! Cause me to land at a blessed landing place, for You are the Best of those who bring to land.'')

﴿إِنَّ فِى ذلِكَ لأيَـتٍ﴾

(Verily in this, there are indeed Ayat,) means in this event, which is the saving of the believers and the destruction of the disbelievers there are signs, i.e., clear evidence and proof that the Prophets speak the truth in the Message they bring from Allah, may He be exalted, and that Allah does what He wills, and He is able to do all things and knows all things.

﴿وَإِن كُنَّا لَمُبْتَلِينَ﴾

(for sure We are ever putting (men) to the test.) means, `We try Our servants by means of sending the Messengers.'

﴿ثُمَّ أَنشَأْنَا مِن بَعْدِهِمْ قَرْناً ءَاخَرِينَ - فَأَرْسَلْنَا فِيهِمْ رَسُولاً مِّنْهُمْ أَنِ اعْبُدُواْ اللَّهَ مَا لَكُمْ مِّنْ إِلَـهٍ غَيْرُهُ أَفَلاَ تَتَّقُونَ - وَقَالَ الْمَلأ مِن قَوْمِهِ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ وَكَذَّبُواْ بِلِقَآءِ الاٌّخِرَةِ وَأَتْرَفْنَـهُمْ فِى الْحَيـوةِ الدُّنْيَا مَا هَـذَا إِلاَّ بَشَرٌ مِّثْلُكُمْ يَأْكُلُ مِمَّا تَأْكُلُونَ مِنْهُ وَيَشْرَبُ مِمَّا تَشْرَبُونَ - وَلَئِنْ أَطَعْتُمْ بَشَراً مِّثْلَكُمْ إِنَّكُمْ إِذاً لَّخَـسِرُونَ - أَيَعِدُكُمْ أَنَّكُمْ إِذَا مِتٌّمْ وَكُنتُمْ تُرَاباً وَعِظـماً أَنَّكُمْ مُّخْرَجُونَ - هَيْهَاتَ هَيْهَاتَ لِمَا تُوعَدُونَ - إِنْ هِىَ إِلاَّ حَيَاتُنَا الدُّنْيَا نَمُوتُ وَنَحْيَا وَمَا نَحْنُ بِمَبْعُوثِينَ - إِنْ هُوَ إِلاَّ رَجُلٌ افتَرَى عَلَى اللَّهِ كَذِباً وَمَا نَحْنُ لَهُ بِمُؤْمِنِينَ قَالَ رَبِّ انصُرْنِى بِمَا كَذَّبُونِ قَالَ عَمَّا قَلِيلٍ لَّيُصْبِحُنَّ نَـدِمِينَ فَأَخَذَتْهُمُ الصَّيْحَةُ بِالْحَقِّ فَجَعَلْنَـهُمْ غُثَآءً فَبُعْداً لِّلْقَوْمِ الظَّـلِمِينَ ﴾

(31. Then, after them, We created another generation.) (32. And We sent to them a Messenger from among themselves (saying): "Worship Allah! You have no other God but Him. Will you not then have Taqwa'') (33. And the chiefs of his people who disbelieved and denied the meeting in the Hereafter, and whom We had given the luxuries and comforts of worldly life, said: "He is no more than a human being like you, he eats of that which you eat, and drinks of what you drink.'') (34. "If you were to obey a human being like yourselves, then verily, you indeed would be losers.'') (35. "Does he promise you that when you have died and have become dust and bones, you shall come out alive'') (36. "Far, very far is that which you are promised!'') (37. "There is nothing but our life of this world! We die and we live! And we are not going to be resurrected!'') (38. "He is only a man who has invented a lie against Allah, and we are not going to believe in him.'') (39. He said: "O my Lord! Help me because they deny me.'') (40. (Allah) said: "In a little while, they are sure to be regretful.'') (41. So, the Sayhah overtook them in truth, and We made them as rubbish of dead plants. So, away with the people who are wrongdoers.)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
baba11:
(And when you have embarked on the ship, you and whoever is with you, then say: `All the praise be to Allah, Who has saved us from the people who are wrongdoers.') This is like the Ayah:

﴿وَالَّذِى خَلَقَ الأَزْوَجَ كُلَّهَا وَجَعَلَ لَكُمْ مِّنَ الْفُلْكِ وَالاٌّنْعَـمِ مَا تَرْكَبُونَ - لِتَسْتَوُواْ عَلَى ظُهُورِهِ ثُمَّ تَذْكُرُواْ نِعْمَةَ رَبِّكُمْ إِذَا اسْتَوَيْتُمْ عَلَيْهِ وَتَقُولُواْ سُبْحَـنَ الَّذِى سَخَّرَ لَنَا هَـذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لَهُ مُقْرِنِينَ - وَإِنَّآ إِلَى رَبِّنَا لَمُنقَلِبُونَ ﴾

(and has appointed for you ships and cattle on which you ride: In order that you may mount on their backs, and then may remember the favor of your Lord when you mount thereon, and say: "Glory to Him Who has subjected this to us, and we could never have it (by our efforts). And verily, to Our Lord we indeed are to return!'') ﴿43:12-14﴾ So, certainly, Nuh adhered to what he was commanded, as Allah says elsewhere:

﴿وَقَالَ ارْكَبُواْ فِيهَا بِسْمِ اللَّهِ مَجْرَاهَا وَمُرْسَاهَا﴾

(And he said: "Embark therein: in the Name of Allah will be its (moving) course and its (resting) anchorage...'')﴿11:41﴾ So Nuh mentioned Allah at the beginning of his journey and at the end, and Allah said:

﴿وَقُل رَّبِّ أَنزِلْنِى مُنزَلاً مُّبَارَكاً وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ الْمُنزِلِينَ ﴾

(And say: `My Lord! Cause me to land at a blessed landing place, for You are the Best of those who bring to land.'')

﴿إِنَّ فِى ذلِكَ لأيَـتٍ﴾

(Verily in this, there are indeed Ayat,) means in this event, which is the saving of the believers and the destruction of the disbelievers there are signs, i.e., clear evidence and proof that the Prophets speak the truth in the Message they bring from Allah, may He be exalted, and that Allah does what He wills, and He is able to do all things and knows all things.

﴿وَإِن كُنَّا لَمُبْتَلِينَ﴾

(for sure We are ever putting (men) to the test.) means, `We try Our servants by means of sending the Messengers.'

﴿ثُمَّ أَنشَأْنَا مِن بَعْدِهِمْ قَرْناً ءَاخَرِينَ - فَأَرْسَلْنَا فِيهِمْ رَسُولاً مِّنْهُمْ أَنِ اعْبُدُواْ اللَّهَ مَا لَكُمْ مِّنْ إِلَـهٍ غَيْرُهُ أَفَلاَ تَتَّقُونَ - وَقَالَ الْمَلأ مِن قَوْمِهِ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ وَكَذَّبُواْ بِلِقَآءِ الاٌّخِرَةِ وَأَتْرَفْنَـهُمْ فِى الْحَيـوةِ الدُّنْيَا مَا هَـذَا إِلاَّ بَشَرٌ مِّثْلُكُمْ يَأْكُلُ مِمَّا تَأْكُلُونَ مِنْهُ وَيَشْرَبُ مِمَّا تَشْرَبُونَ - وَلَئِنْ أَطَعْتُمْ بَشَراً مِّثْلَكُمْ إِنَّكُمْ إِذاً لَّخَـسِرُونَ - أَيَعِدُكُمْ أَنَّكُمْ إِذَا مِتٌّمْ وَكُنتُمْ تُرَاباً وَعِظـماً أَنَّكُمْ مُّخْرَجُونَ - هَيْهَاتَ هَيْهَاتَ لِمَا تُوعَدُونَ - إِنْ هِىَ إِلاَّ حَيَاتُنَا الدُّنْيَا نَمُوتُ وَنَحْيَا وَمَا نَحْنُ بِمَبْعُوثِينَ - إِنْ هُوَ إِلاَّ رَجُلٌ افتَرَى عَلَى اللَّهِ كَذِباً وَمَا نَحْنُ لَهُ بِمُؤْمِنِينَ قَالَ رَبِّ انصُرْنِى بِمَا كَذَّبُونِ قَالَ عَمَّا قَلِيلٍ لَّيُصْبِحُنَّ نَـدِمِينَ فَأَخَذَتْهُمُ الصَّيْحَةُ بِالْحَقِّ فَجَعَلْنَـهُمْ غُثَآءً فَبُعْداً لِّلْقَوْمِ الظَّـلِمِينَ ﴾

(31. Then, after them, We created another generation.) (32. And We sent to them a Messenger from among themselves (saying): "Worship Allah! You have no other God but Him. Will you not then have Taqwa'') (33. And the chiefs of his people who disbelieved and denied the meeting in the Hereafter, and whom We had given the luxuries and comforts of worldly life, said: "He is no more than a human being like you, he eats of that which you eat, and drinks of what you drink.'') (34. "If you were to obey a human being like yourselves, then verily, you indeed would be losers.'') (35. "Does he promise you that when you have died and have become dust and bones, you shall come out alive'') (36. "Far, very far is that which you are promised!'') (37. "There is nothing but our life of this world! We die and we live! And we are not going to be resurrected!'') (38. "He is only a man who has invented a lie against Allah, and we are not going to believe in him.'') (39. He said: "O my Lord! Help me because they deny me.'') (40. (Allah) said: "In a little while, they are sure to be regretful.'') (41. So, the Sayhah overtook them in truth, and We made them as rubbish of dead plants. So, away with the people who are wrongdoers.)

Jazaakum lahu khaeran for this proof.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
I presume there is no quiz today
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Ridwan1821: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
Sissie:
Day 8 quiz

1a) Who's known as Abu-l-Anbiya?

The supplication;
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ مَجْرَاهَا وَمُرْسَاهَا
(In the Name of Allah will be it's course and it's anchorage).

b) was said by which of the Prophets?
c) when can we use this supplication?

2 a) Who's known as the Prophet's Shield on the Day of Uhud?

b) Which of the Mothers of the Believers is known as Umm Masakeen (Mother of the Needy)?
1a) Prophet Ibrahim
1b) Prophet Nuh
1b) When travelling
2a) Umm Umara
2b) Zaynab bint khuzayma
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ridwan1821:
1a) Prophet Ibrahim
1b) Prophet Nuh
1b) When travelling
2a) Umm Umara
2b) Zaynab bint khuzayma
you are answering questions that their answers have been revealed. Those are day8 questions and today's questions are yet to be posted by the mods
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Ridwan1821: 10:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
daprince098:
you are answering questions that their answers have been revealed. Those are day8 questions and today's questions are yet to be posted by the mods
Okay. I just started following this thread and it was written on d first page that questions will be posted each day by 5pm and will be answered b4 8pm. So, I thought that question is for today's edition of d quiz since I did not see any new question.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 11:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ridwan1821:
Okay. I just started following this thread and it was written on d first page that questions will be posted each day by 5pm and will be answered b4 8pm. So, I thought that question is for today's edition of d quiz since I did not see any new question.
I dnt really knw wat happened but today's questions were not posted
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Ridwan1821: 11:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
daprince098:
I dnt really knw wat happened but today's questions were not posted
Okay
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wealthyone: 5:19am On Jun 15, 2016
Day 10; O Allah, in this month, let me be among those who rely on Thee, let me be among those who succeed in Thy way, let me be among those that are allowed nearness to Thee, as a favour, O the Last Resource of those who are needy...Ameen

3 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Sissie(f): 7:40am On Jun 15, 2016
daprince098:
That was what I thought also, judging by the quran. They should atleast consider those that used ship as an example. The main point is focused on travelling which I mentioned.

I gave you points for mentionng ship, however i didn't give full point for it.

87 points meant you got 7 points for the answer
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Sissie(f): 7:42am On Jun 15, 2016
baba11:

how did i exclude ship?

i just didnt give full marks
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Sissie(f): 7:43am On Jun 15, 2016
daprince098:

it wasnt -17 but -13 points
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Sissie(f): 7:55am On Jun 15, 2016
Salam Alaykum

Sorry quiz wasnt posted yesterday, we would make up for it insha Allah

4 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
Sissie:

I gave you points for mentionng ship, however i didn't give full point for it.

87 points meant you got 7 points for the answer
I wouldn't want to say there is a sense of bias in awarding your points. You gave akinkunmi0777 90points and he only mentioned travelling without siting examples. Pls review the answers and award points accordingly. Tnx.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
DAY EIGHT QUIZ: 10th Ramadan 1437

1) We've been enjoined to abstain from the 3 things that provokes cursing, they are? 

2) Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم asked Allah for 3 things, He عز وجل granted 2 and refused him 1, what are these? 

3) From a Muslim to another Muslim, 3 are the signs of deep rooted faith, they are?

4) To whom is zakat given?

5) Is it necessary to pay zakat out of the crops of a land? How many percent is necessary in consideration of water use to plant the crop?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Drniyi4u(m): 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
Wizeboy:

1) We've been enjoined to abstain from the 3 things that provokes cursing, they are? 

"On authority of Muadh ibn Jabal, The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Be on your guard against three things which provoke cursing: easing in the watering places and on the thoroughfares, and in the shade (of the tree)"

Sunnah Abu Dawood, chapter 1, hadith 26

2) Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم asked Allah for 3 things, He عز وجل granted 2 and refused him 1, what are these? 

"I asked Allah that my nation (the Muslims) would not be destroyed by being out numbered. And Allah granted that prayer.
I then asked Allah that my nation (Muslims) would not be destroyed from poverty. And Allah granted that prayer.
I asked Allah that my nation (Muslims) would not be destroyed by being divided and fighting amongst themselves. Allah did not grant that prayer."

3) From a Muslim to another Muslim, 3 are the signs of deep rooted faith, they are?

Islam - submitting to Allah
Imaan - faith
Ishaan - perfection

1. The poor
2. The needy
3. Zakat administrators
4. Those whose hearts are to be reconciled (new Muslims and friends of the Muslim community)
5. Those in bondage (slaves and captives)
6. The debt-ridden
7. In the cause of God
8. The wayfarer

Surat Al-Tawbah, Q9:60

5) Is it necessary to pay zakat out of the crops of a land?

Yes

How many percent is necessary in consideration of water use to plant the crop?

“On a land irrigated by rain water or by natural water channels Ushr (i.e. one-tenth) is compulsory (as Zakat); and on the land irrigated by the well, half of an Ushr (i.e. one-twentieth) is compulsory.” (Bukhari, Zakat, 55).

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by superwitboss: 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2016
Wizeboy:

5) Is it necessary to pay zakat out of the crops of a land? How many percent is necessary in consideration of water use to plant the crop?

1.)
Easing in the watering places

Easing on throughfares (where people walk) 

Easing under the shade (of the trees) (where they take shelter and rest).

2.)
He asked Allah that his nation (the Muslims) would not be destroyed by being out numbered. And Allah granted that prayer.

He asked Allah that his nation (Muslims) would not be destroyed from poverty. And he said that Allah granted that prayer.

He asked Allah that his nation (Muslims) would not be destroyed by being divided and fighting amongst themselves. He said, Allah did not grant that prayer.

3.)

Imaan - faith

Ishaan - perfection

4.)
1. The poor (Fuqara)

2. The needy (Masakin)

3. Employees of the Zakah. This category is sub-divided into the following:

the group of people who are social services workers who go into the community to evaluate who is Faqeer and Miskeen.
those who collect the Zakah money
the accountant of the Zakah money investors who increase the share of the Zakah
the clerical worker or secretary who puts the files in order
those who will deliver Zakah to the ones who need it
the outside auditor.

4 Sympathizers
These are those people who might enter or who have already entered Islam.

5. Riqab - To free slaves

6. For the Gharimeen-those who are in debt

7. Fee Sabeelillah (for the Cause of Allah)

8. Ibn as Sabeel
traveler who has lost his wallet and has to get back to his home

5.)
Yes you have to pay zakat for all kinds of crops except wood, cane (except sugar cane) and grass if they reach the amount of nisab (about 650 kg).

“On a land irrigated by rain water or by natural water channels Ushr (i.e. one-tenth) is compulsory (as Zakat); and on the land irrigated by the well, half of an Ushr (i.e. one-twentieth) is compulsory.”(Bukhari, Zakat, 55).

Allah, the Exalted, states
Quran;“O ye who believe! Give of the good things which ye have (honourably) earned, and of the fruits of the earth which We have produced for you...” (al-Baqara 2/267)

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by dejt4u(m): 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
Wizeboy:

-easing in the watering places
-easing on throughfares
-easing under the shade of the trees

granted requests are:
1. He asked Allah that his nation (the Muslims) would not be destroyed by being out numbered.
2. He asked Allah that his nation (Muslims) would not be destroyed from poverty.

Ungranted request:
1. He asked Allah that his nation (Muslims) would not be destroyed by being divided and fighting amongst themselves.

Imaan - faith
Ishaan - perfection

eight categories of people
1. The poor (al-fuqara)
2. The needy (al-masakin)
3. Zakat administrators
4. New reverts (those whose hearts are to be reconciled)
5. Those in bondage (slaves and captives)
6. The debt-ridden
7. In the cause of God
8. The wayfarer (stranded people)

Yes, if they reach 650kg except wood, grass and wood(not sugarcane).
For land irrigated by rain or natural water channel = 1/10 i.e one-tenth
For land irrigated by well or artificial water channel = 1/20 i.e one-twentieth
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
Wizeboy:

Ans:
i. Easing in the watering places

ii. Easing on throughfares (where people walk)

iii. Easing under the shade (of the trees) (where they take shelter and rest).

2) Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم asked Allah for 3 things, He عز وجل granted 2 and refused him 1, what are these

Ans: Nabi PBUH asked Allah 3 things which are:
i. I asked Allah that my nation (the Muslims) would not be destroyed by being out numbered. And Allah granted that prayer.

ii. I then asked Allah that my nation (Muslims) would not be destroyed from poverty. And Allah granted that prayer.

iii. I asked Allah that my nation (Muslims) would not be destroyed by being divided and fighting amongst themselves. Allah did not grant that prayer.

Ans:
i. Islam (submitting to Allah)

ii. Imaan (faith)

iii. Ishaan (perfection )

Ans: Allah (SAW) prescribed 8 categories of people whom zakat are due to, they are:
i) The poor
ii) The needy
iii) Zakat Administrator
iv) Those whose hearts are to be reconciled
v) Those in bondage
vi) The debt-ridden
vii) In the cause of Allah
viii) The wayfarers (Those who are stranded or travelling with few resources).

Indeed, [prescribed] charitable offerings are only [to be given] to the poor and the indigent, and to those who work on [administering] it, and to those whose hearts are to be reconciled, and to [free] those in bondage, and to the debt-ridden, and for the cause of God, and to the wayfarer. [This is] an obligation from God. And God is all-knowing, all-wise. - Al-Tawbah, 9:60.

5) Is it necessary to pay zakat out of the crops of a land?

Ans: It is necessary to pay zakat for all kinds of crops except wood, cane (except sugar cane) and grass if they reach the amount of nisab (about 650 kg). Allah, the Exalted, states the following in the Quran;“O ye who believe! Give of the good things which ye have (honourably) earned, and of the fruits of the earth which We have produced for you...” (al-Baqara 2/267);“It is He who produceth gardens, with trellises and without, and dates, and tilth with produce of all kinds and olives and pomegranates, similar (in kind) and different (in variety): eat of their fruit in their season, but render the dues that are proper on the day that the harvest is gathered. But waste not by excess: for Allah loveth not the wasters.” (al-An’am 6/141). Hazrat Prophet (pbuh) stated the following, “On a land irrigated by rain water or by natural water channels Ushr (i.e. one-tenth) is compulsory (as Zakat); and on the land irrigated by the well, half of an Ushr (i.e. one-twentieth) is compulsory.”(Bukhari, Zakat, 55).

How many percent is necessary in consideration of water use to plant the crop?

As it is stated in the hadith, cultivation of the land and the usage of water are taken into consideration in giving the zakat of the crop. Accordingly, if the land is irrigated by rain, river, stream, brook or their channels, that is without any effort, one-tenth of the crop is given as zakat; if the land is irrigated by buckets, by the well or by a motor, that is, by a way that causes expense, one-twentieth of the crop is given as zakat.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
daprince098:
I wouldn't want to say there is a sense of bias in awarding your points. You gave akinkunmi0777 90points and he only mentioned travelling without siting examples. Pls review the answers and award points accordingly. Tnx.

Seconded!!! islam bases on proof and I've done that as stipulated in the glorious Quran above

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
Wizeboy:

[1]
By easing in the watering places

By easing on throughfares (where people walk)

By easing under the shade (of the trees) (where they take shelter and rest).

[2]
He asked Allah that his nation (the Muslims) would not be destroyed by being out numbered.Allah granted the prayer.

He asked Allah that his nation (Muslims) would not be destroyed from poverty. Allah granted the prayer.

He asked Allah that his nation (Muslims) would not be destroyed by being divided and fighting amongst themselves.Allah did not grant this prayer

[3]

Imaan - faith

Ishaan - perfection

[4]

Indeed, [prescribed] charitable offerings are only [to be given] to the poor and the indigent, and to those who work on [administering] it, and to those whose hearts are to be reconciled, and to [free] those in bondage, and to the debt-ridden, and for the cause of God, and to the wayfarer. [This is] an obligation from God. And God is all-knowing, all-wise. - Al-Tawbah, 9:60

[5]
Yes, zakat has to be paid for all kinds of crops except wood, cane (except sugar cane) and grass if they reach the amount of nisab (about 650 kg).

“On a land irrigated by rain water or by natural water channels Ushr (i.e. one-tenth) is compulsory (as Zakat); and on the land irrigated by the well, half of an Ushr (i.e. one-twentieth) is compulsory.”(Bukhari, Zakat, 55).
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by sodiquisty(m): 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by sodiquisty(m): 5:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
1. Three things which provoke cursing: easing in the watering places and on the thoroughfares, and in the shade (of the tree).

2) He asked Allah that his nation (the Muslims)
would not be destroyed by being out
numbered. And Allah granted that pray.
Imaan - faith
Ishaan - perfection

4) -The Poor and Destitute The Caretakers of the Zakat Money
-Attracting the hearts of those inclined
towards Al-Islam
-To free the slaves
-Those who are overburdened with debt
In the Path of Allah
-The Wayfarer

5) It is necessary to pay zakat for all kinds of
crops except wood, cane (except sugar cane)
and grass if they reach the amount of nisab
(about 650 kg). Allah, the Exalted, states the
following in the Quran;

On a land irrigated by rain
water or by natural water channels Ushr (i.e.
one-tenth) is compulsory (as Zakat); and on
the land irrigated by the well, half of an Ushr
(i.e. one-twentieth) is compulsory.” (Bukhari,
Zakat, 55).
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 6:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
(2)
1. He asked Allah that his nation (the
Muslims) would not be destroyed by
being out numbered. And Allah granted
the prayer. 2. He asked Allah that his nation (Muslims)
would not be destroyed from poverty.
And he said that Allah granted the
prayer.3. He asked Allah that his nation (Muslims)
would not be destroyed by being divided
and fighting amongst themselves. He
said, Allah did not grant that prayer.(1) 1. The poor 2. The needy 3. Zakat administrator
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
5) It is necessary to pay zakat for all
kinds of
crops except wood, cane (except sugar
cane)
and grass if they reach the amount of
nisab (about 650 kg). Allah, the Exalted, states
the
following in the Quran; On a land irrigated by rain
water or by natural water channels Ushr
(i.e.
one-tenth) is compulsory (as Zakat); and
on
the land irrigated by the well, half of an Ushr
e.g one-twentieth is
compulsory.” (Bukhari,
Zakat, 55). (3) 1. Islam- submitting to the will of Allah 2. Imaan- Faith 3. Ishaan- perfection.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 6:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
4) -The Poor and Destitute The Caretakers of the Zakat Money -Attracting the hearts of those inclined towards Al-Islam -To free the slaves -Those who are overburdened with debt In the Path of Allah -The Wayfarer
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 15, 2016
Wizeboy:

(1) Answer

I. Easing in the watering place
ii. Easing on thoroughfares
iii. Easing in the shade of a tree

Narrated / Authority Of: Mu adh ibn Jabal
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Be on your guard against three things which provoke cursing: easing in the watering places and on the thoroughfares, and in the shade (of the tree).

(2). Answer

(I) I asked Allah that my nation (the Muslims) would not be destroyed by being out numbered. And Allah granted that prayer.
(II) I then asked Allah that my nation (Muslims) would not be destroyed from poverty. And Allah granted that prayer.
(III) I asked Allah that my nation (Muslims) would not be destroyed by being divided and fighting amongst themselves. Allah did not grant that prayer.

(3) Answer

There are three levels of faith a person can attain.
■ Islam – Submitting to Allah
■ Imaan – Faith
■ Ihsaan – Perfection

(4) Answer

1 . The poor ( al -fuqarâ ’) , meaning low -income or indigent
2 . The needy ( al - masâkîn ) , meaning someone who is in difficulty
3. Those whose hearts are to be reconciled , meaning new Muslims and friends of the Muslim community
4. Those in bondage ( slaves and captive)
5 . The debt - ridden
6. The wayfarer , meaning those who are stranded or traveling with few resources
7. Zakat Administrators
8. To the cause of Allah

(5) Answer

It is necessary to pay zakat for all kinds of crops except wood, cane (except sugar cane) and grass if they reach the amount of nisab (about 650 kg).

Allah, the Exalted, states the following in the Quran;

“O ye who believe! Give of the good things which ye have (honourably) earned, and of the fruits of the earth which We have produced for you...”
(al-Baqara 2:267);

“It is He who produceth gardens, with trellises and without, and dates, and tilth with produce of all kinds and olives and pomegranates, similar (in kind) and different (in variety): eat of their fruit in their season, but render the dues that are proper on the day that the harvest is gathered. But waste not by excess: for Allah loveth not the wasters.” (al-An’am 6/141).
Prophet (pbuh) stated the following, “On a land irrigated by rain water or by natural water channels Ushr (i.e. one-tenth) is compulsory (as Zakat); and on the land irrigated by the well, half of an Ushr (i.e. one-twentieth) is compulsory"
(Bukhari, Zakat, 55).

As it is stated in the hadith, cultivation of the land and the usage of water are taken into consideration in giving the zakat of the crop. Accordingly, if the land is irrigated by rain, river, stream, brook or their channels, that is without any effort, one-tenth of the crop is given as zakat; if the land is irrigated by buckets, by the well or by a motor, that is, by a way that causes expense, one-twentieth of the crop is given as zaka

May Allah be pleased with us

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats / From A Model To Islam - Joy From Delta State Convert To Islam / Exhumed Corpse Of Woman Who Died 4Years Ago Shocks Ibadan Residents.Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.