Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo (19309 Views)

Bode George Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race / Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race / Obaseki Declares For Edo Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by Ugobxt(m): 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2016
By Simon Ebegbulem

BENIN CITY—BARELY 11 days to the primaries of All Progressives Congress, APC, in Edo State, a governorship aspirant of the party, Mr Don Obaseki, Monday, announced his withdrawal from the race, saying that he has lost faith in the scheduled primaries of the party.

He said he hopes to contest the governorship election under another platform which he said he will make public after consulting with his supporters.

Obaseki who also is the nephew to another APC governorship aspirant, Godwin Obaseki, told journalists that he does not believe that the primaries of the APC will be free and fair, saying “I am undoubtedly running for, and shall contest the 2016 Edo governorship election slated for September 10, 2016.

“I have lost faith in the APC primaries process. Unfortunately, I was in Abuja on Thursday and I stumbled on a document that I cannot divulge to the public for security reasons that makes it clear that all those who are buying or who had bought their forms to contest the primaries of the APC are wasting their time.

“As an academic and someone who is guided by thesis antithesis and syntheses, I elected to withdraw my intention to contest the primaries of APC, I will not tell you that I am no longer a member of the APC but I am more interested in being an E.D.O. (Empower, Develop and Opportunities) man than an APC man, I will rather be an EDO man than being a PDP. I am not running for the election as an APC candidate anymore, I am running for the election as EDO candidate on September 10.

“I have therefore, embarked on wide consultations with my immediate and extended family, supporters, friends and well-wishers and I won’t advise any of the aspirants to pay the whole sum of N5,500,000 for the expression of interest, and nomination forms of the APC. The coming primaries of APC will be the most expensive in our history because there are plans to bribe the about 3,000 delegates with N200,000 each.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/edo-2016-apc-gov-aspirant-don-obaseki-withdraws-race/

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2016
Abeg make we hear.....
There is no primaries that has ever been free and fair in Nigeria..
Move to another party and test your popularity cool cool

16 Likes

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by Dandsome: 8:18am On Jun 07, 2016
Hmmm

Oga tell us what you saw or forever remain silent...

We have seen worse security issues... Just say it.. We'll absorb the shock...

3 Likes

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by edlion57(m): 8:19am On Jun 07, 2016

1 Like

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by ochallo: 8:19am On Jun 07, 2016
Apc is not a Democratic Party, we all know that, the leader is selected and all delegates are bribed, coerced

3 Likes

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by elbinmanny(m): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2016
Na who be this mumu? grin

3 Likes

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by darocha1: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2016
Daylight tales
Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by Qmerit(m): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2016
Hahahahahahahaha. Chicken out hissss

1 Like

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by Jonnybobo(m): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2016
Close to being First to comment. but nothing to comment
Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2016
Hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by Qmerit(m): 8:21am On Jun 07, 2016
Hahahahahahahaha. Chicken out hissss
No money to buy form 5m is not a joke
Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by engrjacuzzi: 8:21am On Jun 07, 2016
in as much as our electoral and judiciary system are still in decayed form, I don't expect a credible election in Nigeria.
Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by CR77(f): 8:21am On Jun 07, 2016
cheesy
Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by pattyphil(f): 8:21am On Jun 07, 2016
even on a level playing ground self, nothing for you. minus 1. nice decision bro. better luck nxt tym.

1 Like

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by DONMAYOR19(m): 8:21am On Jun 07, 2016
confused party. he has lost faith in apc and tired of lies, better to run than to have an ear infection because of lies from the party. buhari story double be a lesson to all zombies.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by temptnow: 8:21am On Jun 07, 2016
PDP is taking over. No need.

11 Likes

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by Samexdx(m): 8:22am On Jun 07, 2016
Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by MrCow(m): 8:22am On Jun 07, 2016
they don sidetrack baba, him come dey para. BTW that's how primaries are conducted in Nigeria though

pay the right people and You get the ticket
Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by peter1994(m): 8:22am On Jun 07, 2016
Eyah
Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by Agunechemba1(m): 8:22am On Jun 07, 2016
He has no chance to win the APC primary.

All this ones are just stories.

The only Obaseki I know is Godwin. I never knew another Obaseki was running under the APC.

9 Likes

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by ChappyChase: 8:22am On Jun 07, 2016
Ghana must go don change hand!

1 Like

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by davidque007(m): 8:22am On Jun 07, 2016
Story for the gods

2 Likes

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by LMAyedun(m): 8:23am On Jun 07, 2016
APC = PDP
Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by kemasdaniel(m): 8:23am On Jun 07, 2016
Dem don dey go one by one.....
Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by stephliet(f): 8:23am On Jun 07, 2016
weneva I see APC, it sounds like a scam news...they av lost credibility

4 Likes

Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by Kaybee14(m): 8:23am On Jun 07, 2016
Anyone seeking public office via any political platform in Nigeria need to play by the rules of the political party & that has been the style, be it primary or general election. Thus, there is always a free entry & free exit at anytime if one is not contented with the laid down rules by any political party.

Best of luck to Mr.Don Obaseki.
Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by Infinitikoncept(m): 8:23am On Jun 07, 2016
There are two things involved.
either he wants to scare d rest away for only one person to pick the form or he just can't spend his money
Re: Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo by AntiWailer: 8:23am On Jun 07, 2016
Clowns in politics .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars / "Senator Akpabio Was Robbed Of Victory" - Justice Hafizu / Pictures From Magaret Obi's Town Hall Meeting With Women In Cross River State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.