Stats: 3,155,562 members, 7,827,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race (15389 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode & Osita Chidoka In Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Trial In Igbo Attire / Nnamdi Kanu Leaves Kuje Prison As Osita Chidoka Drives Him (Photos) / "Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions Will Be Met" - Osita Chidoka, Ex Aviation Ministe (2) (3) (4)

Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by IBpaul(m): 8:18pm On Mar 06, 2017
A former Minister of Aviation, Osita Chidoka, has joined the race in the Anambra governorship election, slated for November 18.

He told a consultative meeting of the PDP at Otuocha, near Awka on Monday that his desire to run for the position was to serve the people.

The former Corps Marshal of the FRSC said he was ready to serve his people under any capacity.

“I am ready to serve the people in any capacity even as a counselor because no position is too small or big for him as long as it is service to the people.

“Since my youth service years, I have been involved in volunteer service; so the driving motive for this ambition is to serve the people of the state,” Chidoka said.

According to him, time has come for the PDP to take over power in Anambra.

He said that the issue of zoning, propounded by APGA would not be considered by PDP in fielding a candidate.

Also speaking, the PDP Chairman in the Local Government, Chief Thompson Chikezie, said that Chidoka’s visit was to intimate the people of his desire to contest the election.

“Chidoka’s visit shows the type of leader he will be if elected as governor. Any good leader aspiring to public office should always take recourse to the grassroots.

“It shows open-mindedness, respect, love and seriousness.

“He is courageous for coming to the Local Government of the incumbent governor.”

NAN

https://www.punchng.com/former-minister-chidoka-joins-anambra-guber-race/amp/

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
I have always loved this guy for his politics of conviction

This may not be the greatest of times for PDP but real men and true leaders know that the answer is not to quit but to help rebuild the party from within

Run an enviable campaign my friend and leave the rest for God. It's too easy to leave the PDP to APC just because APC are in power!

Politics is not just about winning elections even though it seems that's all that matters in Nigeria

Nigeria needs a strong PDP to keep APC on their toes, it is in the interest of our progress and stability for PDP to remain strong

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by kingzizzy: 8:45pm On Mar 06, 2017
The Anambra Guber will be between APGA and PDP. One advantage that APGA has is thats its candidate is already known. PDP are notorious for fighting over their Anambra candidate. The odds are stacked against PDP

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by FastShipping: 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
He is contesting under which of the PDP?

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2017
FastShipping:
good question

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by nonsobaba: 9:22pm On Mar 06, 2017
kingzizzy:
The Anambra Guber will be between APGA and PDP. One advantage that APGA has is thats its candidate is already known. PDP are notorious for fighting over their Anambra candidate. The odds are stacked against PDP
The fact is that this november election in anambra state will be a battle between APGA and APC. PDP will be dragging 3rd position with LP. I am a realist not a sentimentalist.

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by kingzizzy: 9:40pm On Mar 06, 2017
nonsobaba:
The fact is that this november election in anambra state will be a battle between APGA and APC. PDP will be dragging 3rd position with LP. I am a realist not a sentimentalist.

No, APC stands no chance in Anambra, it is highly unpopular and has little or no presence.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by IBpaul(m): 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2017
FastShipping:

In as much as PDP has factions, it gets not to State levels, only case is if dy fly wrong masses choice

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by IBpaul(m): 9:55pm On Mar 06, 2017
kingzizzy:

Never underestimate any party, remember Federal might exists.

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by OreMI22: 10:13pm On Mar 06, 2017
Chidoka,
Another failure interested in being referred to as "one time governorship aspirant"

Ndi ala!

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by DelGardo: 12:36am On Mar 07, 2017
The same Chidoka that collected millions for new drivers license and left FRSC without providing the cards, neither did he bequeath the agency with capacity to produce cards.

Same guy that did nothing in aviation ministry, which uncle hero, as usual, rewarded with for failing.

The dude is a fraud. Hope he fails, after wasting all his money in the process.

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Adminisher: 12:55am On Mar 07, 2017
krendo:
I have always loved this guy for his politics of conviction

This may not be the greatest of times for PDP but real men and true leaders know that the answer is not to quit but to help rebuild the party from within

Run an enviable campaign my friend and leave the rest for God. It's too easy to leave the PDP to APC just because APC are in power!

Politics is not just about winning elections even though it seems that's all that matters in Nigeria

Nigeria needs a strong PDP to keep APC on their toes, it is in the interest of our progress and stability for PDP to remain strong

The guy is too stuck on the Jonathan brand to be credible. Suddenly he looks like yesterday people as well. I don't see him doing well in the election

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by nonsobaba: 7:08am On Mar 07, 2017
DelGardo:
The same Chidoka that collected millions for new drivers license and left FRSC without providing the cards, neither did he bequeath the agency with capacity to produce cards.

Same guy that did nothing in aviation ministry, which uncle hero, as usual, rewarded with for failing.

Believe me, he won't even get the PDP ticket.

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 07, 2017
DelGardo:

Una don start again to make up corruption stories, the type of silliness that produced Buhari

Why not sell your candidates positively and let others sell theirs?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by koxi: 8:59am On Mar 07, 2017
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Thisis2raw(m): 9:00am On Mar 07, 2017
The people must decide
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by karimcarim(m): 9:01am On Mar 07, 2017
FRSC man
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by edlion57(m): 9:01am On Mar 07, 2017
I want to serve my people...must u become a governor b4 u can serve ur people...my friend talk true

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by ExpiredNigeria: 9:02am On Mar 07, 2017
Oga you had better not go and waste your money because Willi is going to do second tenure

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Expl0rers: 9:02am On Mar 07, 2017
welcome on board
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by momentarylapse: 9:03am On Mar 07, 2017
Mega failed project! Save your money mazi chidoka! grin

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Beehshorp(m): 9:03am On Mar 07, 2017
it is high time someone gives obiano a run for his money

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Catrinap: 9:03am On Mar 07, 2017
Everybody is entering politics
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by momentarylapse: 9:05am On Mar 07, 2017
DelGardo:

Gbam! Gbosa! Gbagam!

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Nukualofa: 9:05am On Mar 07, 2017
He needs to wait for Obiano to finish his remaining 4 years.

Obiano we know

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Nukualofa: 9:06am On Mar 07, 2017
momentarylapse:

Mega failed project! Save your money mazi chidoka! grin
Abooki face your kabu kabu biz

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 07, 2017
krendo:

Una don start again to make up corruption stories, the type of silliness that produced Buhari

Why not sell your candidates positively and let others sell theirs?

I like how you didn't answer any of the allegations made by Mr. DelGardo.

Didn't Chidoka's FRSC collect the money? Did they produce the cards? What achievements did he have as aviation minister?

It isn't compulsory to make a comment if you have nothing sensible to say! angry

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by maxiuc(m): 9:08am On Mar 07, 2017
So there is a place called otuocha in Awka
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by realGURU(m): 9:08am On Mar 07, 2017
Contesting in Pdp under sherif?
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Lanceslot(m): 9:09am On Mar 07, 2017
Someone should tell Mr Chidoka that there's no VACANCY in Awka. Willie di anyi mma.

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by momentarylapse: 9:13am On Mar 07, 2017
Nukualofa:
He needs to wait for Obiano to finish his remaining 4 years.

Obiano we know

When are you visiting kuje? I heard your fellow confused jewish otondo has run out of beans! Won't you support him?

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 07, 2017
Our youths are really clueless.Are we supposed to vote for a credible candidate or a party?No wonder things keep getting bad on a daily basis.

Osinbajo Receives Ghanaian President Nana Akufo-addo In Aso Rock / Rashida Bello Helps Mother Of Triplets Abandoned By Husband (photos) / Abuja Court Adjourns Melaye’s Case Indefinitely On Health Grounds